THE BROWNS BOARD

So much winning...

jbluhm86

As far as GDP growth goes, it has to be hard to determine what is a direct result of current president actions and what are lagging direct results from past actions. 

I would also imagine Obama inheriting an economy in a recession didn't help his average overall. Trump's numbers have definitely been positive, but he seems to have taken over a better situation as well. Just for perspective here.

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

As far as GDP growth goes, it has to be hard to determine what is a direct result of current president actions and what are lagging direct results from past actions. 

I would also imagine Obama inheriting an economy in a recession didn't help his average overall. Trump's numbers have definitely been positive, but he seems to have taken over a better situation as well. Just for perspective here.

Recession?! We were on the verge of another Great Depression. But don't worry the banks have been unfettered again to Make America Go Down Again. The Trillion$$ deficit setting in for 2019 should assist in that effort along with the wonderful tariffs.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Recession?! We were on the verge of another Great Depression. But don't worry the banks have been unfettered again to Make America Go Down Again. The Trillion$$ deficit setting in for 2019 should assist in that effort along with the wonderful tariffs.

Unfortunately that's true. As soon as you Democrats take over the house and or the Senate the economy will hit the skids so you can blame Trump. Just like the George W bush economy 2 years in.

WSS

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Unfortunately that's true. As soon as you Democrats take over the house and or the Senate the economy will hit the skids so you can blame Trump. Just like the George W bush economy 2 years in.

WSS

I am not you democrats. I've always been an independent  conservative, though after talking  with my cousin I'm leaning towards Libertarian. But if the right Republican runs against Trump in the primaries, I may join the election team efforts just to get rid of this conman.

52 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

u have to.give trump credit for companies wanting to bring manufacturing back to america. If thats here to stay, thats kind of a successful presidency so long as u dont start some shtstorm somewhere in the world. 

I agree. 

Selfishly, that is the best thing for me that's come from Trump. Constantly getting contacted about jobs, a lot of places hiring, etc. My company is tied to construction and we're busy. 

58 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I agree. 

Selfishly, that is the best thing for me that's come from Trump. Constantly getting contacted about jobs, a lot of places hiring, etc. My company is tied to construction and we're busy. 

u know part of that, if not the significant majority, has to be the lowering of the corporate tax rate. Since tariffs are essentially political now, i highly doubt companies are making these kinds of moves based on something that could change 180 degrees in 2 years.

democrats were morons for keeping thise high corporate taxes when even alot of liberal economists were saying yeah 30%+ is ridiculous. Just because there were companies, who prob donated to alot of campaigns, that were able to loophole their way to a lower rate? they had to keep it high to make up for all the companies that had large enough legal depts to get out of paying sht?

22 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I wonder why for the long run the conservative group and big time Republican fund raiser Koch Network thinks he is doing damage.

https://www.wsls.com/news/politics/koch-network-sharply-critiques-trump-white-house

Among other reasons the Christian right has embraced him but certain members of that group still hold the previous pro-choice stats against him. People including George Will and the Weekly Standard have problems with his previously liberal positions on some things. Koch brothers stated right off the bat they wanted one of the traditional candidates, most likely somebody that would play ball. I personally can't imagine Jeb Bush  rolling back regulations or cutting the capital gains tax. Can you? They didn't support Trump ever. And In fairness just like predicting a losing season for the Browns something could always happen and the economy will start going South. My prediction is it will happen quickly if the Democrats take over the houses. But it is actually a game of musical chairs and whoever's in charge when the Music Stops will take the blame.

WSS

22 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

But it is actually a game of musical chairs and whoever's in charge when the Music Stops will take the blame.

WSS

I agree with that. It also often works that what was started previously is what set in motion good things that happen in the first year or so of the inheritor, but the inheritor always takes credit regardless of party.

I'm leaning towards my cousin's Libertarian Party these days. Republican Party have become nutless wonders.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I agree with that. It also often works that what was started previously is what set in motion good things that happen in the first year or so of the inheritor, but the inheritor always takes credit regardless of party.

I'm leaning towards my cousin's Libertarian Party these days. Republican Party have become nutless wonders.

Of course what President Obama set in motion had nothing to do with rolling back regulations and lowering the cap gains rate which are instrumental. His recovery, as they call it, was the slowest in history. You are correct about the Republican Party but the Libertarians are kind of a little Fringe group of goofballs which I don't think we'll have any more luck dealing with Republicans and Democrats in Congress than the outsider Trump does. Unfortunate? Yes.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Of course what President Obama set in motion had nothing to do with rolling back regulations and lowering the cap gains rate which are instrumental. His recovery, as they call it, was the slowest in history. You are correct about the Republican Party but the Libertarians are kind of a little Fringe group of goofballs which I don't think we'll have any more luck dealing with Republicans and Democrats in Congress than the outsider Trump does. Unfortunate? Yes.

WSS

Don't know on the Libertarians. Got a whole lot more research to do. But thus far they sounded more like the old Ronnie Republicans to me. My son in law is looking into them as well and he's smarter than me, so I'll see what he digs up.

20 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Don't know on the Libertarians. Got a whole lot more research to do. But thus far they sounded more like the old Ronnie Republicans to me. My son in law is looking into them as well and he's smarter than me, so I'll see what he digs up.

Hey there are all sorts of things to read out there about Libertarians. I would love to be a libertarian but they are just so all over the board. Socially I give zero Shmucks about gay marriage or abortion but I think abortion is creepy and unnecessary if people would take the slightest bit of responsibility.  I do respect the rights of the people who think it's murder. And I'm pretty sure Libertarians aren't as generous with the mountains of free shitt. And good luck getting the Republicans and Democrats  in the houses to go along with anything  especially tax-wise . Not so sure about the isolationist version of foreign policy and I hate the open borders gag. Ronald Reagans werent significantly different from Donald Trump but he didn't have hatred of both parties and Trump is decidedly more of an a hole in his public demeanor. 

WSS

39 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Hey there are all sorts of things to read out there about Libertarians. I would love to be a libertarian but they are just so all over the board. Socially I give zero Shmucks about gay marriage or abortion but I think abortion is creepy and unnecessary if people would take the slightest bit of responsibility.  I do respect the rights of the people who think it's murder. And I'm pretty sure Libertarians aren't as generous with the mountains of free shitt. And good luck getting the Republicans and Democrats  in the houses to go along with anything  especially tax-wise . Not so sure about the isolationist version of foreign policy and I hate the open borders gag. Ronald Reagans werent significantly different from Donald Trump but he didn't have hatred of both parties and Trump is decidedly more of an a hole in his public demeanor. 

WSS

I don't know enogu about them yet Steve so I rally can't voice an informed opinion. I did say something to mt son in law last night when we took them out for dinner to celebrate my daughter's latest novel that was accepted by a publisher.

She writes under the pen name Abigail Owen.

Yes-I'm plugging for her books.

https://www.amazon.com/Abigail-Owen/e/B0090LJRCW

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't know enogu about them yet Steve so I rally can't voice an informed opinion. I did say something to mt son in law last night when we took them out for dinner to celebrate my daughter's latest novel that was accepted by a publisher.

She writes under the pen name Abigail Owen.

Yes-I'm plugging for her.

https://www.amazon.com/Abigail-Owen/e/B0090LJRCW

Paranormal romance books... I'm sold 😬

WSS

• Haha 1

I finished my adventure novel ! Don't know how to get it copyrighted yet. Leaves the door open to become

a series. My brother in law is going to print up some copies for me.

Caught a few mistakes in proofreading, some character development adjustments...

6 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

She must sell a lot of the romance novels.  There are plenty of fat lonely women out there.

She does and there are.

Women love her books. 

I liked her first (Blue Violet) best because it takes place in Estes Park. However some of her others were award winners.

33 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

"Tex likes to read girlie books, Tex likes to read girlie books" lol

I read , or listen to, lot of books and it's a rare occasion I find myself drawn into a novel by a woman author. I'm not being sexist I think men and women look at things differently. I read a couple of Jacqueline Suzanne many years ago. I hated The Hunger Games. Still the TV series poldark is very good but I don't know how the books are.

WSS