THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

dude, can you PLEEEEZ tell us all your fucking point?

just say it, no one is going to bash you.

i could pull a small sample size of what you've posted in this thread so far and it all seems to be the same:

hoyer is a refrigerator in an apartment that is going to get renovated and manziel is the new bright and shiny appliance that will be plugged in tomorrow, so why keep the old refrigerator?

you spout al this nonsense and your whole bottom line is that in your opinion hoyer sucks and manziel deserves to be the starter, CORRECT?

hey i got you 20 posts ago. do you really just need to keep posting the same shit over and over?

Hoyer is kept around to keep all the beer in. Sustenance man!

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh for you, listen to todays First Take.

I believe theres a quote in there about how Johnny is the first in and last out.

Just so you're up to date on what is and isn't real.

Lol, First Take. Skip Bayless is a robust mongoloid! He's going to cling to anything he possibly can to portray Manziel as the second coming of Christ.

Honestly, Bayless' man crush on Manziel is what worries me the most. Skip will never admit that College and the NFL aren't identical.

All he does is spout CFB stats as if it means jack shit at the next level.

Just ask two of his most recent CFB heroes: Tebow, and Weeden.

OK, I've had enough- no amount of arguing\debating is going to change anyone's opinion at this point- we've rehashed the same points about 5 times over, it's going in circles nowhere fast. So I'm going to close this thread- It's gotten far too long anyway.

You can take the debate to the training camp thread- or start a new one.

He shouldn't be going out. He should have stayed in camp. And he definitely shouldn't be eating a restaurant or drinking 2 beers.

What he should have done is stay home, eat his play book and wash it down with the sweat taken from each teammates jockstrap.

That's what Brian Hoyer is doing. That's what Peyton Manning does. Have you ever seen Peyton Manning have fun? The guy is a stone cold, emotionless leader who goes home and powers off when he's not in pads. You'll never see him having fun or dancing to something in practice.

That's what being a leader is all about. Manziel is not that guy. He's too worried about ingesting food at a local restaurant than winning football games. What a joke.

Umm ... big deal.

Atenear's stepson sat next to him at Two Bucks. Said he was cool.

That was their night off. 50 of them probably had a beer some place or another, glad Johnny is fitting in.

Zombo

when he's getting kicked out of bars for being too sauced up then we'd have something to worry about.

2 beers and food is half of america's lunch.

for some...breakfast.

I heard he was doing boilermakers and started yelling 'nobody messes with Texas.'

I heard he was doing boilermakers and started yelling 'nobody messes with Texas.'

A guy I know, who knows a guy told me he was doing lines of cocaine with him in the bathroom. He said to the guy I know that Johnny had the good sh**. Later that night, they went drove to Mexico and did some "ice" and washed it down with some Caronas only to come back Wednesday to kill a bottle of Jose and shoot up speedballs at a trap house on the East side.

Ohh that Johnny...

Kyle Shanahan: Neither Manziel nor Hoyer is ahead
  • By Marc Sessler
  • Around the League Writer
  • Published: July 31, 2014 at 12:52 p.m.
  • Updated: July 31, 2014 at 01:28 p.m.

We made the argument on this week's Around the League Podcast that the quarterback battle in Cleveland has barely begun.

Mike Pettine backed our theory on Thursday, calling it a "knee-jerk reaction" to assume that Brian Hoyer has won the job after taking all the first-team reps to date.

The coach promised that rookie Johnny Manziel would also work with the starters as part of a competition that still has a "long way to go," per Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer.

Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan acknowledged that neither quarterback is ahead of the other, saying, "I hope they make it easy for us.

"Johnny's continued to progress," said Shanahan, who noted that it's "going to take time" for the team to choose between a first-year arm and a veteran with just four career starts.

Pettine strongly hinted last week that Johnny Football would find his way onto the field just as a younger Colin Kaepernick did with the 49ers before hopscotching Alex Smith.

Shanahan confirmed as much on Thursday, telling reporters that even if Hoyer opens against the Steelers in Week 1, the Browns would have a Manziel subpackage ready to roll "right away."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000372003/article/kyle-shanahan-neither-manziel-nor-hoyer-is-ahead

Finally, cooler heads are prevailing. That's the way it should be.

On Tuesday Brian Hoyer was Tom Brady, and today they're tied?

No way BH regressed that much in one day...

Archived