THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.

A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.

I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.

Your avatar is still badass.

Zombo

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.

A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.

I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.

Lol welcome to the " I made a dumbass knee jerk post club". Virtually every member of the board belongs to it. Welcome

RED= What I said pre draft. JF just found out the hard way- elusive in college and elusive in the pros are two different things. All of a sudden, he doesn't look so fast- because everyone else is as fast, or faster.

Surprise this hasn't been mentioned and noticed yet.

He was chased down by a 3rd string DE in last night's game.

College fast just isn't the same as NFL fast.

This thread is a perfect example of the double standard. It's preseason. And it's football, not knitting class. There plenty of "fuck you's" flying around at any given moment on a football field, whether verbal or hand gesture, it's the same thing. In fact, it's no different than the "fucks" and "shits" that get bleeped out of most of today's pop music and daytime TV, or when you can clearly lip read the vulgarity that comes out of a lot of these "professionals" mouths. It doesn't really matter how it's communicated, a "fuck you" is a "fuck you", but what the real issue is here, is WHO it is coming from. When rules only apply to certain people, that is a double standard. Anyone else can get away with this without a peep from the media. The ONLY reason this is an issue, is because the networks KNOW that anything they put out on the air about JF will be watched by millions, so they find ANY reason to create DRAMA, because most of their viewers subconciously want to watch soap operas with their wives. Society has turned into a bunch of nancies, and the double standard is EXACTLY what is wrong with this country today. Personally, I like his brand of football and fiery competitiveness. If I wanted to watch a "classy" sport, I'd watch golf or tennis. Acting like football is this safe-haven for choir boys is ridiculous. And spare me the whole shtick about "he should know better" and "this proves he isn't ready". Yes, he should know better than to give the media any more ammo, but let's face it, if this were not covered by the media as a storyline, NOBODY would give a shit. It's not that people care that it happened, it's that it came from Johnny, AND it's that Browns fans are tired of being the punchline in an ongoing joke, and then you have the haters out there.

Before passing judgement on someone, look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have ever done the same before being a hypocrite and condemning this type of behavior. Not saying it is right, there is a time and place for it, but I wasn't offended by it either. I know none of you have been in JF's situation, but this is what I am talking about with the double standard. We all can sit on our internet soapbox and scold people from afar, anonymously, and act like we are sooo much better than that, but we all know that the truth is, it's mostly just jealousy. And low self-esteem. If you are embarrassed because a kid threw the bird at someone else, it's probably because your life is so lame that you have to live vicariously through a football team and when a player from your favorite team acts a certain way, it somehow reflects bad on you so you have to tear the kid down in self-preservation. THAT is LAME! I have been a fan of a losing team, but NEVER turned on the players, and NEVER felt inferior because my favorite football team wasn't winning, or when they did things that were totally classless. I know who I am, and don't need a football team to dictate my identity or validate my character as a man.

For those of you saying no other QBs use that word in a football game, here are a few other prominent QB's that were listed above, giving a few fucks. It's not the bird, but the actual word that the gesture represents, which is just as bad if not worse. It's football, and if you are offended by that type of language or behavior, try a different sport. I hear ballet and figure skating needs a few fans.

Tom Brady gives a Fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XEZIQwuryM

Payton Manning gives a Fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUlrCH6gLQw

Andrew Luck gives a Fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3gpjeKntWA

Hey cockaholic, imagine an entire platoon of middle fingers coming your way.

Joe Namath Kenny Stabler Jim Kelly and Brett Favre would have done it.

WSS

But they didn't...

I used to oversee a large construction Co. group of people.. There were always one or two guys out of the couple hundred that by their own actions ended up wearing duct tape signs on their backs at the end of the day to the grocery store and then home that said.. "I like it up the ass".. Or having someone piss in their tin of Skoal..

JF is starting to remind me a lot of those guys..ohcrap.gif

Plenty of pro's have done this over the years and they have also received the same criticism..... This isnt some double standard created by intense media scrutiny, this was freaking Monday Night Football....in front of millions of people and cameras.....and he KNOWS they are watching, yet still acts the fool....

If I was at the biggest interview / audition of my life....and the whole world was watching.....and it was being televised world wide.....and my bosses and coaches and fans were all watching every step(and I knew it).......then I wouldnt do something stupid like that.....

Bottom line........immature is immature and quality stands up to scrutiny..(no matter how intense)

WTF has happened to civilization? .

I was producing a documentary sound track today and the guy doing the vocals, a pretty prominent pop singer form Atlanta, engaged a few of us about BROWNS football and Johnny Manziel.

Well WTF!!! If a pretty predominant POP singer from Atlanta was down with the Khomeini salute then who am I to question?? I stand corrected.. :D

You kinda answered the overriding question with your first comment tho...

But they didn't...

I used to oversee a large construction Co. group of people.. There were always one or two guys out of the couple hundred that by their own actions ended up wearing duct tape signs on their backs at the end of the day to the grocery store and then home that said.. "I like it up the ass".. Or having someone piss in their tin of Skoal..

JF is starting to remind me a lot of those guys..ohcrap.gif

I pray those guys realized there was piss in their skoal although a grown man that dips skoal probably deserves it.

Anyone else getting that Vibe from Haslam, Farmer, & Pettine?

I can guarantee knowing what they know now with all the off field stories, the abysmal Monday Night game, media frenzy, and all the hype they wouldn't of drafted him. I bet they would have stayed pat at 26 and taken Bridgewater or Carr. I don't know why, I'm just getting that vibe.

This thread is a perfect example of the double standard. It's preseason. And it's football, not knitting class. There plenty of "fuck you's" flying around at any given moment on a football field, whether verbal or hand gesture, it's the same thing. In fact, it's no different than the "fucks" and "shits" that get bleeped out of most of today's pop music and daytime TV, or when you can clearly lip read the vulgarity that comes out of a lot of these "professionals" mouths. It doesn't really matter how it's communicated, a "fuck you" is a "fuck you", but what the real issue is here, is WHO it is coming from. When rules only apply to certain people, that is a double standard. Anyone else can get away with this without a peep from the media. The ONLY reason this is an issue, is because the networks KNOW that anything they put out on the air about JF will be watched by millions, so they find ANY reason to create DRAMA, because most of their viewers subconciously want to watch soap operas with their wives. Society has turned into a bunch of nancies, and the double standard is EXACTLY what is wrong with this country today. Personally, I like his brand of football and fiery competitiveness. If I wanted to watch a "classy" sport, I'd watch golf or tennis. Acting like football is this safe-haven for choir boys is ridiculous. And spare me the whole shtick about "he should know better" and "this proves he isn't ready". Yes, he should know better than to give the media any more ammo, but let's face it, if this were not covered by the media as a storyline, NOBODY would give a shit. It's not that people care that it happened, it's that it came from Johnny, AND it's that Browns fans are tired of being the punchline in an ongoing joke, and then you have the haters out there.

Before passing judgement on someone, look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have ever done the same before being a hypocrite and condemning this type of behavior. Not saying it is right, there is a time and place for it, but I wasn't offended by it either. I know none of you have been in JF's situation, but this is what I am talking about with the double standard. We all can sit on our internet soapbox and scold people from afar, anonymously, and act like we are sooo much better than that, but we all know that the truth is, it's mostly just jealousy. And low self-esteem. If you are embarrassed because a kid threw the bird at someone else, it's probably because your life is so lame that you have to live vicariously through a football team and when a player from your favorite team acts a certain way, it somehow reflects bad on you so you have to tear the kid down in self-preservation. THAT is LAME! I have been a fan of a losing team, but NEVER turned on the players, and NEVER felt inferior because my favorite football team wasn't winning, or when they did things that were totally classless. I know who I am, and don't need a football team to dictate my identity or validate my character as a man.

For those of you saying no other QBs use that word in a football game, here are a few other prominent QB's that were listed above, giving a few fucks. It's not the bird, but the actual word that the gesture represents, which is just as bad if not worse. It's football, and if you are offended by that type of language or behavior, try a different sport. I hear ballet and figure skating needs a few fans.

Tom Brady gives a Fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XEZIQwuryM

Payton Manning gives a Fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUlrCH6gLQw

Andrew Luck gives a Fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3gpjeKntWA

This is the post of the year...2 thumbs up!

His stock went up in my book. Id be frustrated as hell, the penalties, the dropped passes, being under a microscope, fighting for your career. You guys flip out on this board when someone looks at you wrong. Nice to see he is human.

Isn't that just life and having a career in sports? Penalties and drops happen in every game, as far as being under the microscope and fighting for his career, well duh, he's a rookie looking to be "The Man", if that rattles him, well best he should be moving on ?

It just all comes down to play. I'm not ready to hit the panic button because a rookie QB looked mediocre in a pre-season game, but it's admittedly discouraging. If Manziel lives up to the hype though Cleveland as a football team and city will relish drafting him. Only time will tell.

I think Pettine would rather have not had the distractions, but who could have been taken in the 1st round, competed and not have created the bulk of the current mess?

I do not think any of the Browns' brain trust are to the regret stage yet... but many have "found religion"... praying Hoyer does well enough for them to bring JM along. Just as they'd hoped all along.

If you think that is true then that should play out in a trade soon. When it doesn't happen then come back and recant the thread.

I love seeing a word for the first time here...

Isn't that just life and having a career in sports? Penalties and drops happen in every game, as far as being under the microscope and fighting for his career, well duh, he's a rookie looking to be "The Man", if that rattles him, well best he should be moving on ?

He has it way worse than any other player, even Ray Rice

I would have drafted Teddy... But whatever...

#Winston2015

#Mariotta2015

Already time for #SuckForMariotta?

If ONLY we would had trust our own QB analysis that pointed to Teddy all the way. That 'wreck' the league text set us back 2-3 years.

It's only been 2 pre-season game but Teddy already have a game winning drive under his belt.

Anyone else getting that Vibe from Haslam, Farmer, & Pettine?

I can guarantee knowing what they know now with all the off field stories, the abysmal Monday Night game, media frenzy, and all the hype they wouldn't of drafted him. I bet they would have stayed pat at 26 and taken Bridgewater or Carr. I don't know why, I'm just getting that vibe.

Could it be possible he just isn't performing on and off the field?

Archived