THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looked like another moment that overwhelmed Mr. Dalton. He looked seriously perplexed by our D.

EDIT: Just saw a Dalton replay package and he was aiming the ball, not throwing it. Tells me he was uncertain.

Back to the original topic, we are now in the perfect position of having an excellent, experienced QB with a very good athlete learning the game behind him. Same exact situation New England has had for years. Nothing but good can come from all of that for all involved. JFF is learning that you don't have to carry a whole team on your shoulders (look at A&M faltering now) to have a very good team and BH is learning what it means to be "the Starter". Great situation for the Browns!

Back to the original topic, we are now in the perfect position of having an excellent, experienced QB with a very good athlete learning the game behind him. Same exact situation New England has had for years. Nothing but good can come from all of that for all involved. JFF is learning that you don't have to carry a whole team on your shoulders (look at A&M faltering now) to have a very good team and BH is learning what it means to be "the Starter". Great situation for the Browns!

Ah, the voice of reason. That's what a certain poster that got a 10+ page thread going doesn't understand. Hoyer may have been in the league for six years, but he's got less than a full seasons worth of starts. A lot of teams are wishing they were in the Browns situation quarterback wise.

Same exact situation New England has had for years.

Couldn't remember how many years Brady sat before starting it all for them, so I looked at ProFootballRef and it was 1 year plus one game. It's what else I found that startled me...

In the Pats three SB seasons('01, '03, '04) Brady threw for a mere 189.5, 226.3 and 230.8 YPG respectively. Not exactly "elite" numbers... those came later... but the SB win spigot was turned off.

Not making a Hoyer - Brady talent comparison.

Am making a numbers comparision.

Sometimes when a QB does more it does not bring more success...

Thanks for the Sipe update. I would also like to mention that Dalton makes beau coup money and has a ton of weapons around him. So what happened last night? The Bengals were exposed!

There's nothing wrong with admitting to a mistake (drafting Manziel).

In Hoyer we trust. He looked incredible last night. Hoyer got that IT factor.

I disagree that taking Manziel was a mistake. He is a young kid that can use a while to learn the game. And remember, fyi, he is just one play from being our starting QB for the rest of the year. Hoyer went down before, he could go down again. Hopefully not, but it could happen.

Actually I think this team could possibly use a veteran backup QB. Right now we have just two rookies: JFF and Conner Shaw.....but I also believe that the Browns essentially have Rex Grossman on retainer to come to this team if something happens.

Thanks for the Sipe update. I would also like to mention that Dalton makes beau coup money and has a ton of weapons around him. So what happened last night? The Bengals were exposed!

There's a army of Bengal fans (yes, they exist) who think Mike Brown & Katie Blackburn were nuts to extend Dalton at that kind of money. It is a cap friendly contract that is essentially a two year deal.

Thing is, everyone is getting exposed this year. Browns Beat Saints- kill the Steelers and Bengals- and manage to lose to the Jags. Steelers lose to the Bucs, Bungles sweep the Ravens and get smoked by the Browns. Seahawks beat Denver, and then lose to the Rams. The 49ers manage to lose to the Bears and Rams- at home. This year, it's any given Sunday.

I disagree that taking Manziel was a mistake. He is a young kid that can use a while to learn the game. And remember, fyi, he is just one play from being our starting QB for the rest of the year. Hoyer went down before, he could go down again. Hopefully not, but it could happen.

Actually I think this team could possibly use a veteran backup QB. Right now we have just two rookies: JFF and Conner Shaw.....but I also believe that the Browns essentially have Rex Grossman on retainer to come to this team if something happens.

As Tour said, Brady sat for a year until he got his chance. No one is debating Manziel isn't a superior athlete compared to Hoyer- but he's not a better quarterback- yet.

There's nothing wrong with admitting to a mistake (drafting Manziel).

In Hoyer we trust. He looked incredible last night. Hoyer got that IT factor.

Who said it was a mistake? Kid is young. In two years he'll still be about the same age as the graduating CFB seniors. I like to think of it as he is now in AP football class. Just because he is sitting and learning doesn't mean selecting him was a mistake. Wouldn't you love Hoyer's brain in his body? That's what sitting him behind Hoyer is trying to accomplish.

Who said it was a mistake? Kid is young. In two years he'll still be about the same age as the graduating CFB seniors. I like to think of it as he is now in AP football class. Just because he is sitting and learning doesn't mean selecting him was a mistake. Wouldn't you love Hoyer's brain in his body? That's what sitting him behind Hoyer is trying to accomplish.

Exactly!

Mike

If Hoyer asks for Dalton money, he should not be resigned.

Hoyer obviously gives us the best chance to win.. but not at more than 7m/yr.

Depends on how the rest of the season unfolds. Eight? do I hear 8? Playoffs- it's going to have to be a lot more than that. BH takes the Browns to the postseason, he'll be the hottest FA in the League.

Wouldn't you love Hoyer's brain in his body? That's what sitting him behind Hoyer is trying to accomplish.

uh, no. just because someone can scramble does not mean they are made for the nfl. hoyer is doing fine right now. how long do you think manziel will tolerate sitting when his endorsement deals are dwindling sunday by sunday? are you willing to ride the JF train again this offseason? it was a wasted pick. you can always develop someone but that means they're usually a #3 and a project. so manziel is now a project taken @22?

• 2 weeks later...

manziel will be signing autographs on Friday!!! and is willing to let all the fan boys ride his cock for real and letting all the online wishes come true. he is bored sitting on the bench you know. location and time coming soon!!!!

What other fans would treat their 1st round Rookie QB with the disrespect the Browns do?

Honestly think about it, who else? Who else would mock their own first round Rookie QB like the Browns fans do?

There's no disrespect. You don't bench your veteran when your team is 7-4, period. Even johnny understands it I'm sure.

Team hasn't given up on him, even if some fans have.

Really things like "We should all pitch him and get him a new clipboard" is not disrespect? Thats a normal comment to make about your 1st round QB?

What kind of fan would constantly bitch and moan about their qb, and get happy and immediately rub it in the face of other fans when he throws a pick that should have been the game loser.

You are either one of the worst fans ever, or like I assume, not a browns fan.

What kind of fan would constantly bitch and moan about their qb, and get happy and immediately rub it in the face of other fans when he throws a pick that should have been the game loser.

thank you. i am tired of the fanboys not being glad we are fucking 7-4. i have waited for a long time for that

hahahahaha ^^^^ This!!! That knife cuts both ways .

Archived