THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

paraphrasing a bit much. Don't know one qb in the history of the NFL (including JF) that wouldn't say the same thing. I wouldn't have a player on my team that didn't compete that way. Cause they all say "I'm going to turn down a starting gig worth a starters contract to help a team win from the bench making considerably less money."

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

paraphrasing a bit much. Don't know one qb in the history of the NFL (including JF) that wouldn't say the same thing. I wouldn't have a player on my team that didn't compete that way. Cause they all say "I'm going to turn down a starting gig worth a starters contract to help a team win from the bench making considerably less money."

Ok, so would you say he's more concerned with starting or concerned with playing with the Cleveland Browns?

Ok, so would you say he's more concerned with starting or concerned with playing with the Cleveland Browns?

I wouldn't want a QB on my roster that had goals any lower than being a starting QB. You only get so many years to play the game, can't blame Brian or any competitor in the sport for wanting to play and make the biggest contribution possible.

That being said, I'm sure being the starting QB on the Cleveland Browns would be his #1 choice. Hopefully it's Manziel's #1 choice too. Do you think Manziel would rather be a backup QB on the Browns? Or start somewhere else.

Everyone's stirring up trouble about this for no reason, IMO. Let the man play some football. He seems more passionate about the team than anybody, and that's a good thing.

Joe Montana demanding trade?

Payton not restructuring to play wet nurse back-up??

These guys are just selfish right??? And they are arguably the best 2 ever too

I wouldn't want a QB on my roster that had goals any lower than being a starting QB. You only get so many years to play the game, can't blame Brian or any competitor in the sport for wanting to play and make the biggest contribution possible.

That being said, I'm sure being the starting QB on the Cleveland Browns would be his #1 choice. Hopefully it's Manziel's #1 choice too. Do you think Manziel would rather be a backup QB on the Browns? Or start somewhere else.

Everyone's stirring up trouble about this for no reason, IMO. Let the man play some football. He seems more passionate about the team than anybody, and that's a good thing.

I agree with you.

Loyalty is a two way street.

(I still want the best man to start)

WSS

that statement doesn't mean he made a demand that Manziel needs to go. He's saying he wants to start and that he'd rather be a starter somewhere else than a backup in Cleveland. I understand that, not mad at that at all. "BUT", if part of his contract negotiations is that he wants Manziel out of Cleveland...well than I dunno. I really wonder if the guys in the lockeroom read that and know somehow that there was truth to it....could possibly explain why they came out utterly flat.

Your assessment though that Sundays loss was on Hoyer is stupid though. You might not understand football much and I'm really not trying to be a dick about that. But when your defense is literally putting out some of the worst defensive play seen in years from any team....it shitcans your offensive plan. We all know Hoyer isn't a Rodgers, Brady or Manning type QB that can put 40 points on the board on any given Sunday entirely on his own. We all knew what Shanny's scheme was and that a run game "has" to be established to allow Hoyer to throw over the top. And for a guy who you keep saying has a bad arm...what have you been watching? The dude's been throwing lasers over the top of secondary's all season long. He had a duck on sunday which happened as he was rolling to his right..big fucking deal.

Your assessment though that Sundays loss was on Hoyer is stupid though. You might not understand football much and I'm really not trying to be a dick about that. But when your defense is literally putting out some of the worst defensive play seen in years from any team....it shitcans your offensive plan. We all know Hoyer isn't a Rodgers, Brady or Manning type QB that can put 40 points on the board on any given Sunday entirely on his own. We all knew what Shanny's scheme was and that a run game "has" to be established to allow Hoyer to throw over the top. And for a guy who you keep saying has a bad arm...what have you been watching? The dude's been throwing lasers over the top of secondary's all season long. He had a duck on sunday which happened as he was rolling to his right..big fucking deal.

Wait are you talking to me?

Hoyer was a big part of the loss on Sunday but as I've said before its a team loss, but what people around here seem to forget is its also a team win, when we win. After Pittsburgh it was a Hoyer love fest around here and he completed 8 passes.

If you're QB needs the running game to be going great and the OLine to be iron to do better then 39% on 41 passes, then how good is he really? That was an awful game, and Hoyer missed 3 TDs with bad throws and mis reads. One of those would've changed the complexion of that game. The Jags D gave up over 100 points over a 8 quarter span this year, and we score 6 points? Six? and go right into excuse city about how great the Jags D is? They were ranked 27th in pass D on football outsiders. A large chunk of that game was Hoyer.

And yes Hoyer has a very weak arm, and no he doesn't throw "lasers of the top" he floats balls that have cost us points because WRs who have broken free have to stop and wait and catch them like a punt. There is not a single pundit that has watch Brian Hoyer and talked about how strong his arm is. He has a weak arm, and he's very inaccurate. Thats the book on Hoyer.

Oh and any talk of Pettine going anywhere is asking the Browns to move again. Real talk. We're at a point now where another one and done coaching change could ruin the franchise for decades to come. All of you might as well just become Bengals fans.

What are you talking about?

What does a coaching change have to do with the Browns moving?

first off Hoyers been "laser" accurate since his games last year. I seriously don't know what you're watching. The one thing we didnt' really know was how good his arm was. I didn't realize it was as good as it was. He's not throwing "floaters" at all. He's throwing 40-50 yds strikes that get to the receivers quickly. Not sure if he can heave the ball 80 yds but who cares? we don't need that. Utterly laughable though to say he's inaccurate. Jags game was the first time we saw any inaccuracy out of him whatsoever.

first off Hoyers been "laser" accurate since his games last year. I seriously don't know what you're watching. The one thing we didnt' really know was how good his arm was. I didn't realize it was as good as it was. He's not throwing "floaters" at all. He's throwing 40-50 yds strikes that get to the receivers quickly. Not sure if he can heave the ball 80 yds but who cares? we don't need that. Utterly laughable though to say he's inaccurate. Jags game was the first time we saw any inaccuracy out of him whatsoever.

Wait this is sarcasm isn't it.

Took me awhile but now I see it.

the guy throws harder than peyton manning, jay cutler and stafford. when he's 'on' he's throwing hard ass darts that only some receivers can deal with. a lot of times i'm asking myself why throw that hard? sometimes you need touch. THAT'S what he needs to work on.

the losers that are saying hoyer is the issue here are just that.............losers.

Hoyer was a big part of the loss on Sunday but as I've said before its a team loss, but what people around here seem to forget is its also a team win, when we win. After Pittsburgh it was a Hoyer love fest around here and he completed 8 passes.

If you're QB needs the running game to be going great and the OLine to be iron to do better then 39% on 41 passes, then how good is he really? That was an awful game, and Hoyer missed 3 TDs with bad throws and mis reads. One of those would've changed the complexion of that game. The Jags D gave up over 100 points over a 8 quarter span this year, and we score 6 points? Six? and go right into excuse city about how great the Jags D is? They were ranked 27th in pass D on football outsiders. A large chunk of that game was Hoyer.

And yes Hoyer has a very weak arm, and no he doesn't throw "lasers of the top" he floats balls that have cost us points because WRs who have broken free have to stop and wait and catch them like a punt. There is not a single pundit that has watch Brian Hoyer and talked about how strong his arm is. He has a weak arm, and he's very inaccurate. Thats the book on Hoyer.

At least it took till week 7 to have our an bashed. I can think of these punt type throws debunked. Gabriel, our big talented wr just keeps running on a perfectly thrown 50yrd bomb by Hoyer. Instead of badly misjudging that punt I mean pass we win that game. We get it u got a JF Jersey and want to wear it. But like I've said before it's as plain as day the best qb on the team has and will continue to play from here on out. U don't like it then go root for a team that has already hit the panic button like jags or Oakland.

the guy throws harder than peyton manning, jay cutler and stafford. when he's 'on' he's throwing hard ass darts that only some receivers can deal with. a lot of times i'm asking myself why throw that hard? sometimes you need touch. THAT'S what he needs to work on.

the losers that are saying hoyer is the issue here are just that.............losers.

Not to say that our receivers have been bad, they haven't. But imagine giving hoyer any of those guys' weapons - big athletic targets better than what we have.

Wait this is sarcasm isn't it.

Took me awhile but now I see it.

Hoyer has been pretty accurate...As good as he needs to be until last week. Off day (for the whole team...) And going into the jax game the guy had 1 turnover in 100 attempts... and it was basically a 3rd down punt.

The only other game besides Jax that people are questioning his accuracy is the stoolers game, where we won 31-10 if I remember right - and 7/8 of Hoyer's completions were 20+ yards (other one 17). Our offense didn't stuggle because of his terrible accuracy in that game.

I have no clue what people on this board are watching.

http://fansided.com/2014/10/15/cleveland-browns-shouldnt-sign-brian-hoyer-anytime-soon/4/

more stuff from "fansided.com" pls. That was some serious pro analysis right there. Actually it sounded alot like you. Did you just link us your own fan blurb or somethign as if it was some legit piece of professional analysis?

Yet the Seahawks just lost to the Rams... the Rams with their 3rd string QB. If we use your criteria there might not be enough playoff teams this year to fill the brackets.

You now know... now. You speak as if your mind was not made up prior to Sunday. It was. All here know it. Were it not you would have been here the last five weeks trying to figure it out with the rest of us. But you were not. Other than the tavern you've been were nowhere to be found for weeks... until Sunday's toe stub.

What I find amazing about your posts is the detailed reality you construct for you and you alone.

Example 1:"Everyone" credits Hoyer for our victories to the exclusion of all others, but blames loses on the team.

Example 2: Clinging to the discredited "Hoyer won't resign if..." storyline.

YUP.

Once again Hoyer is not the long term guy. Couldn't be more obvious that he's AT HIS BEST just an ok QB. He has never done one thing in a Browns uniform that resembles an Elite QB. Never hitch your wagon to a suspect arm and accuracy issues because they'll always come back to kill your team.

The longer Hoyer starts the WORSE it is for the Browns. We're only delaying progression for Manziel and progression from the FO in knowing if they have something in Manziel or have to keep looking. Hoyer is out there playing only for himself (Do you really think the minute we beat Pittsburgh the "rumors" of Hoyers contract demands started? Nope, Hoyer asked for all those things, said all those things and even went a week not denying it before giving a non-answer on it that some seem to read as a denial. Hoyer has publically said "I'd rather be promised a starting job then stay in Cleveland" he's 100% about himself).

You promise the vets you'll try to win, and Hoyer is by far the best option if you want to "win each week" but he's killing the development of this team and disrupting the process by being very average and then demanding things. Once it becomes clear to everyone that the playoffs isn't happening, Hoyer needs to go, he's not the guy, never will be the guy for anybody, and we need to find out if Manziel (or even the crush of some of you around here Connie Shaw) is the guy. The longer we wait to find that out, the absolute worse for the Browns.

Look no further then the Jags, who gave up over 100 points in 8 quarters earlier in the year, who held Hoyer to only 6 points. Chad Henne is much better of a QB then Bortles right now, but they realize they're not helping anything by delaying Bortles development. If they wanted to win more games Henne is the guy, but if they want to build something meaningful, then you need Bortles to learn now. They realize "Hey we're not winning a Super Bowl, so we need to give ourselves a chance in the future" and yet the Browns seem to be stuck in between in this weird "We're not paying attention to the future, just this week, only this week matters" mindset and that does ZERO good for a team trying to build something. Zero.

The fact people on this board can't see that is amazing to me.

I can see the Jags won Sunday in spite of Bortels, not because of him. Under normal circumstances, a 40 qbr with 3 picks is going to get you beat. Thanks for mentioning the Jags defense won that game- that and stupid coaching decisions by the Browns, plus a muffed punt. You're clueless if you think the Browns are in the same situation as the Jags with Bortles, or the Titans now trotting out Mecklenberger. The Browns are NOT in a full rebuild mode like those other teams. You're also not too bright if you think the expectations for a qb drafted #3 overall, as opposed to #21 overall are the same. Manziel was taken as a project. He was given every opportunity to beat out Hoyer in the preseason- and he couldn't. Seems he'd rather hang with Pussy B***ieber, and chug champagne in Vegas. rather than work on learning the playbook.

Yes, Haslam is already tired of losing, so is Joe Thomas, most of the other vets and 95% of the fanbase including me. F**ck Manziel's development- he was drafted as insurance policy if Hoyer flamed out. I'm not willing to toss this season in the tank just to see if Manziel has "got it" or not. As one of the guys said in his tag line once upon a time "Cleveland- Rebuilding since 1999, why stop now?" Keep hoping Stockton.

DEBUNKED, DEBUNKED, DEBUNKED. BY BOTH HOYER AND PETTINE. STILL ONLY SEEING WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE.

Hoyer has an adequate arm to throw the ball 50 yards. Fact. Yes, he doesn't have an elite arm- but you want to tell me at this point in his career Peyton Manning does? One thing Hoyer can do is read a f**cking defense better than any other Browns qb in the last 15 years, another fact bucco. He's also got an "elite" NOT! wr group to throw to. Or would you like me to expound on the greatness of Austin, Hawkins, Benjamin, and Gabriel?

Keep on ragging Stockton. The next two games will tell us if you're going to see "The Savior" starting out on the field this year. Hoyer goes 2-0 and you won't, Short of an injury- care to bet?

Stockton...

Trying to maintain your reality, your credibility by sliding from the discredited "won't sign if Manziel is here" story to the rather start elsewhere than sit in Cleveland is pathetic.

Trying to hang the lion's share of the JAX loss on BH is pathetic.

Claiming that a not playing a QB who is not ready to play is holding back the team is not pathetic, but it is delusional.

I can't wait until Sunday.

Stockton...

Trying to maintain your reality, your credibility by sliding from the discredited "won't sign if Manziel is here" story to the rather start elsewhere than sit in Cleveland is pathetic.

Trying to hang the lion's share of the JAX loss on BH is pathetic.

Claiming that a not playing a QB who is not ready to play is holding back the team is not pathetic, but it is delusional.

I can't wait until Sunday.

Either several major publications, including ProFootballTalk who has been a Hoyer fan, are flat out lying and making things up, or Hoyer said those things. The fact that Hoyer spent a week saying "Oh my agent takes care of those things" instead of "Not true at all" should tell you everything you need to know.

Hoyer still might resign because he's not going to find a ton of teams wanting to give him a starting job out there. Very few. Probably none. Cleveland as a backup might still be his best choice, he just doesn't realize it yet.

We scored 6 points on a defense who gave up over 100 in a 8 quarter period this year. SUre the Oline wasn't great, but it wasn't the worst of all time, Hoyer missed SEVERAL not just one, but SEVERAL wide open players for TDs. Just one of those chances that game. Don't tell me he's not the lion share. Whenever we beat Pittsburgh and he completes 8 passes and 49% you're on here telling me what a great QB he is, somehow that win is all Hoyer but this loss where he misses 25 of his 41 passes....against an awful defense, that isn't on Hoyer? Im the pathetic one? Comon.

Yes playing Manziel is holding this team back. Not for this year, long term. I've said over and over if you think we can win a Super Bowl then play Hoyer, but if we have no shot then what the fuck are we even talking about here? You're just this tickled pink to be mediocre? Thats how low your self esteem is? WE'RE .500!!! NOBODY CHANGE ANYTHING THIS IS GREAT!!!!! That's what is pathetic. Hoyer isn't the long term answer, he's not a QB who can lead the Browns anywhere and we're not contender this year. How many of you refuse to see this is nothing short of denial in the highest form.

If the Browns want to be winning franchise they need a franchise QB. Hoyer isn't it, he's an aging backup who needs a ton of help to avoid throwing 40% against the Jags. Thats not your guy. Manziel MIGHT be the guy. Won't know until he plays and gets to iron out his mistakes. If hes awful, then we know, we lose games, we get a higher draft pick this year, or if you want to give him a year next years, QB rich drafts. Thats how not playing Manziel is hurting the franchise. Not this years team, the franchise.

There's a reason why so many teams around the league are playing their rookies, because they know this too. Find your Franchise QB, and you'll never know until you let them play and work out all the rookie mistakes and we have big time college QBs coming out in the next few years, find out what you have now so you know what you need then.

Yes playing Manziel is holding this team back. Not for this year, long term. I've said over and over if you think we can win a Super Bowl then play Hoyer, but if we have no shot then what the fuck are we even talking about here? You're just this tickled pink to be mediocre? Thats how low your self esteem is? WE'RE .500!!! NOBODY CHANGE ANYTHING THIS IS GREAT!!!!! That's what is pathetic. Hoyer isn't the long term answer, he's not a QB who can lead the Browns anywhere and we're not contender this year. How many of you refuse to see this is nothing short of denial in the highest form.

What's impressive to me is your lack of short term memory about the bolded. There was a time, just a few short years ago that this roster was devoid of any real talent. Its a slow building process. We've seen a glimpses here and there. We've also seen some things that make us say "same old Browns". However for a team that's been so consistency shitty for so very long, .500 ball or being 'mediocre' (as you put it) is a welcome relief.

This team has to walk before they'll learn to run. If the coaching staff wasn't so sure that Foosball wouldn't be killed on the field by running his happy ass into a huge sack, he'd probably have gotten some playing time against the Steelers.

If the Browns want to be winning franchise they need a franchise QB. Hoyer isn't it(you dont know that), he's an aging(he's 27) backup who needs a ton of help to avoid throwing 40% against the Jags. Thats not your guy. Manziel MIGHT be the guy. Won't know until he plays and gets to iron out his mistakes. If hes awful, then we know, we lose games, we get a higher draft pick this year, or if you want to give him a year next years, QB rich drafts. Thats how not playing Manziel is hurting the franchise. Not this years team, the franchise.

There's a reason why so many teams around the league are playing their rookies, because they know this too. Find your Franchise QB, and you'll never know until you let them play and work out all the rookie mistakes and we have big time college QBs coming out in the next few years, find out what you have now so you know what you need then...this is what they are doing with Hoyer right now. Finding out. Anybody who understands contracts and such knows that we have time with JFF and we dont with Hoyer. Hoyer has more experience and has earned the right to show what he's got, but if we dont check him now then well have no chance to see what he could have done. It's very basic and very simple. There is no rush. Your logic is so NOT logical.

What's impressive to me is your lack of short term memory about the bolded. There was a time, just a few short years ago that this roster was devoid of any real talent. Its a slow building process. We've seen a glimpses here and there. We've also seen some things that make us say "same old Browns". However for a team that's been so consistency shitty for so very long, .500 ball or being 'mediocre' (as you put it) is a welcome relief.

This team has to walk before they'll learn to run. If the coaching staff wasn't so sure that Foosball wouldn't be killed on the field by running his happy ass into a huge sack, he'd probably have gotten some playing time against the Steelers.

Exactly what I mean, low self esteem.

People on this board don't want to be contenders, they just want to not be a laughingstock. Being "Better then we have been" doesn't make us great or even good.

I agree this is a building process and its a process that will span several seasons, not just this one, which is why I'm saying just trying to be 8-8 or maybe eek out the 6th seed this year is a worthless exercise. Build for the future, and in the future isn't Hoyer. The 8-8 and praying the AFC is bad enough that we can get the 6th seed is Hoyer. Competing for championships isn't Hoyer. Thus why not finding out what Manziel is right now, is only hurting the team, long term.

If the Browns want to be winning franchise they need a franchise QB. Hoyer isn't it(you dont know that), he's an aging(he's 27) backup who needs a ton of help to avoid throwing 40% against the Jags. Thats not your guy. Manziel MIGHT be the guy. Won't know until he plays and gets to iron out his mistakes. If hes awful, then we know, we lose games, we get a higher draft pick this year, or if you want to give him a year next years, QB rich drafts. Thats how not playing Manziel is hurting the franchise. Not this years team, the franchise.

There's a reason why so many teams around the league are playing their rookies, because they know this too. Find your Franchise QB, and you'll never know until you let them play and work out all the rookie mistakes and we have big time college QBs coming out in the next few years, find out what you have now so you know what you need then...this is what they are doing with Hoyer right now. Finding out. Anybody who understands contracts and such knows that we have time with JFF and we dont with Hoyer. Hoyer has more experience and has earned the right to show what he's got, but if we dont check him now then well have no chance to see what he could have done. It's very basic and very simple. There is no rush. Your logic is so NOT logical.

I do know that, nothing Hoyer has EVER done has indicated he's an elite QB. Not a single thing. He's hampered by inaccuracy, which has been there since college so its not like he's getting better, and news flash people, Brian Hoyer is 29 years old.

Lets wake up people. The Browns are 3-3 right now after playing the 30th ranked schedule to this point. With a loss to the Jags.

Quit being delusional about what's going on here

Exactly what I mean, low self esteem.

People on this board don't want to be contenders, they just want to not be a laughingstock. Being "Better then we have been" doesn't make us great or even good.

I agree this is a building process and its a process that will span several seasons, not just this one, which is why I'm saying just trying to be 8-8 or maybe eek out the 6th seed this year is a worthless exercise. Build for the future, and in the future isn't Hoyer. The 8-8 and praying the AFC is bad enough that we can get the 6th seed is Hoyer. Competing for championships isn't Hoyer. Thus why not finding out what Manziel is right now, is only hurting the team, long term.

I'm sure the teams goal is to win every game, of course it doesn't happen like that.

You're saying the future isn't Hoyer, but how do you know that? The guy has plenty of years left in him and has really been pretty good for us. I know you're gonna say "oh but he isn't Andrew luck arghgh" Neither is about everybody else.

Whats the big rush to trott out Manziel? Are we experiencing rookie QB deja vu?

If Hoyer was the biggest reason we lost games I'd be more inclined to give it a look this early, but frankly he isn't.

(In fact, he's the biggest reason we barely lost to the steelers and ravens - and he did win the saints game "oh he could have had a touchdown")

I do know that, nothing Hoyer has EVER done has indicated he's an elite QB. Not a single thing. ...... except win. And a 29yo QB has a lot of gas in the tank, especially when he has so few miles. So whats the rush? We aren't happy losing and we aren't happy at 500, but we also understand that 500 is FINALLY a step in the right direction, and for that, we are grateful. We also understand that it wont turn around in one year, so SOME people are willing to be patient and see what Hoyer can do. Thats not a lack of self esteem, it's just a basic understanding of how things work. Hoyer is the first and ONLY QB who has won here in 15 years, yet you'd prefer to yank him to test drive a rookie that hasn't played a down. Crazy.

Not saying it will happen, but HONESTLY answer this, .....what if we played JFF now and Hoyer left, then Hoyer did well on another team, while JFF sucked here? You'd probably be the first one to call for RF's head, correct?

Can the Browns afford to screw up the ONLY QB thats done well for us, just to test drive another? really???!!!

I do know that, nothing Hoyer has EVER done has indicated he's an elite QB. Not a single thing. ...... except win. And a 29yo QB has a lot of gas in the tank, especially when he has so few miles. So whats the rush? We aren't happy losing and we aren't happy at 500, but we also understand that 500 is FINALLY a step in the right direction, and for that, we are grateful. We also understand that it wont turn around in one year, so SOME people are willing to be patient and see what Hoyer can do. Thats not a lack of self esteem, it's just a basic understanding of how things work. Hoyer is the first and ONLY QB who has won here in 15 years, yet you'd prefer to yank him to test drive a rookie that hasn't played a down. Crazy.

Not saying it will happen, but HONESTLY answer this, .....what if we played JFF now and Hoyer left, then Hoyer did well on another team, while JFF sucked here? You'd probably be the first one to call for RF's head, correct?

Can the Browns afford to screw up the ONLY QB thats done well for us, just to test drive another? really???!!!

Hoyer has had 7 years. This is how good he is. This idea that he's going to take it to a new level is insane. The problems he had out of college, he has now. He can't throw straight, he's the most inaccurate QB in the NFL. You expect at 29 he's just going to develop a brand new skill set? Do you know how aging works?

It doesn't take much to realize who isn't the guy. "Except Win" yeah was that Hoyer or was the the run game, because when the run game wasn't there against Jacksonville Hoyer put in one of the worst performances by an opening day starter this year. That doesn't happen with elite QBs. That doesn't happen with franchise QBs.

How many teams do you think RIGHT NOW would take Hoyer and start him this weekend. Count it off to me. How many? Tampa Bay MAYBE? Is that the entire list?

I have no fear of Hoyer going somewhere else and becoming successful, because he won't and he can't. He's had other shots too, and got cut. Brian Hoyer will never sniff a Super Bowl. Never, ever, not possible, not in the hemisphere of QBs that could even dream about that. That much is clear, and because that much is clear it is also clear he's not the franchise QB that the Browns need (because the NFL is all about Franchise QBs now, and if you don't got one, you don't get shit)

"Only QB that's done well for us" who gives a shit? Honestly who gives a shit. If just because we've had 11 lemons and this car actually starts and can make it a mile down the road, doesn't make it a good car. Quit comparing Hoyer to Browns QBs of the past, because they don't matter, the bar in the NFL which is set is what matters. Compared to that bar he's not even close. Besides Hoyer is a LOOOOOONNNNGGGGGG second compared to Derek Anderson 2007. Lets have Hoyer make a Pro Bowl before we start calling him the "Only QB thats done well for us".

If we don't make the playoff this year, would you resign Hoyer? Would you still consider him a "Winner"? If we don't make the playoffs you want us to sign up for more of that?

Hoyer has had 7 years. This is how good he is. This idea that he's going to take it to a new level is insane. The problems he had out of college, he has now. He can't throw straight, he's the most inaccurate QB in the NFL. You expect at 29 he's just going to develop a brand new skill set? Do you know how aging works?

It doesn't take much to realize who isn't the guy. "Except Win" yeah was that Hoyer or was the the run game..he won last year too. Dont know why, but willing to see if he can continue a little while. Again, we have time with JFF..because when the run game wasn't there against Jacksonville Hoyer put in one of the worst performances by an opening day starter this year..his first "BAD" game. All QB's have a bad game. That doesn't happen with elite QBs. yes it does. That doesn't happen with franchise QBs.Yes it does.

How many teams do you think RIGHT NOW would take Hoyer and start him this weekend. Count it off to me. How many? Tampa Bay MAYBE? Is that the entire list? I have no idea, but unlike you, Im actually willing to say it.

I have no fear of Hoyer going somewhere else and becoming successful, because he won't and he can't. I KNEW you wouldnt answer the question. Knew it. He's had other shots too, and got cut. Brian Hoyer will never sniff a Super Bowl. Never, ever, not possible, not in the hemisphere of QBs that could even dream about that. That much is clear, and because that much is clear it is also clear he's not the franchise QB that the Browns need (because the NFL is all about Franchise QBs now, and if you don't got one, you don't get shit)

"Only QB that's done well for us" who gives a shit? Honestly who gives a shit. If just because we've had 11 lemons and this car actually starts and can make it a mile down the road, doesn't make it a good car. So, if you had no car for 10 years and someone gave you one that seems to run pretty good, you would throw it away for a car you've never heard run? or because it wasn't a Rolls?..Quit comparing Hoyer to Browns QBs of the past, because they don't matter, the bar in the NFL which is set is what matters. Compared to that bar he's not even close. Besides Hoyer is a LOOOOOONNNNGGGGGG second compared to Derek Anderson 2007. Lets have Hoyer make a Pro Bowl before we start calling him the "Only QB thats done well for us". He would have to play to get there, now wouldn't he? On the same note, let's let JFFactually beat him out before we anoint him, eh? If he's so great, why can't he play better than Mr Average?

If we don't make the playoff this year, would you resign Hoyer? Yes. Though Ive said all along that he's not a premier QB, so no way do I pay him top dollar. What you're missing is that I ALSO believe JFF is gonna be the man(eventually). I just disagree on the timing and your reasoning. Would you still consider him a "Winner"? If he has a winning record, yes. I think it's pretty clear that Hoyer is a winner. If we don't make the playoffs you want us to sign up for more of that? We haven't won more than 5 games in years and years, so I had no expectation of going to the Play Offs this year. If they goi, then they are exceeding ALL expectations and, to me, that would mean Hoyer met the challenge.

What did you predict the Browns would be this year??? I bet 4-12 or something like that. Yet If they exceed all those horrible predictions, I assume it's something else, not Hoyer, that is the reason. He's a big part of that equation.

I remember lots of predictions about a monster defense and us finishing last, but very few about how we'd be one of the top scoring teams in the league.

Bottom line, since he has been here:

BROWNS w Hoyer 6-3

BROWNS wo Hoyer 1- 12

Archived