THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Meanwhile JM has done nothing but keep his head down and work on his golf game since he's been a Brown.

Fixed...

Rule #1: Head down, Ass up.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously... Does everyone on this board fantasize about gay sex every day?

No shit. I said the same thing months ago. Its like this forearm is a secret nambla base of operations.

That's the way I like to fuck"

-ludacris

lol... I have to admit as soon as I typed that, Gip's Minnie Driver pic popped into my head...

Untitled.jpg

How many Golf Digest covers has Hoyer been on? Exactly...

Why stop here, just think of all the great magazines he could be a cover boy to. Guns & Ammo, National Enquirer, Vogue and it goes on and on. The rough life of a backup Qb...

Just struck me that in this cover, we have the makings of another excellent Caption Contest...

"Spaulding! Get your foot off the boat!"

Hoyer over Manziel tops coaching decisions

By Associated Press November 6 at 3:15 AM

Handing Johnny Football a clipboard and baseball cap has worked out nicely for the Cleveland Browns.

Rookie coach Mike Pettines decision to start Brian Hoyer instead of first-round pick Johnny Manziel wasnt popular among fans, but the Browns are 5-3 and in the mix in the AFC North.

Hoyer has rebounded from knee surgery to put his hometown team in position to make a run at its first playoff appearance since 2002 and post only its second winning season in the last 12 years.

Were doing a good job of finding ways to win, Browns four-time All-Pro tackle Joe Thomas said. Part of that is having a quarterback whos making the clutch throws.

For picking Hoyer over Manziel, Pettine gets our vote for best coaching decision in the first half.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/hoyer-over-manziel-tops-coaching-decisions/2014/11/06/12f1f80c-658d-11e4-ab86-46000e1d0035_story.html

Another nice read from Tom Reed on the import of tonite's game to Hoyer's season and contract and...

******************************************************************************************************

What Brian Hoyer's performance Thursday could mean to Cleveland Browns: Tom Reed analysis

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Brian Hoyer's last prime-time start – his only one at the NFL level – ended painfully and prematurely after seven snaps.

The Browns quarterback tore an ACL on Oct. 3, 2013 while sliding to avoid a hit from Bills' linebacker Kiko Alonso. The injury robbed the St. Ignatius product of his season and the Browns of an opportunity to judge whether Hoyer could establish himself as their long-term quarterback.

Hard work, relentless preparation and mostly solid performances have afforded him another shot under the bright lights and national spotlight. Thursday's game in Cincinnati against the Bengals (5-2-1) is big for the Browns (5-3). It's even bigger for their quarterback.

If Hoyer leads his hometown team to victory in a stadium where the hosts haven't lost a regular-season game in two seasons and the visitors haven't won in six years it potentially alters perceptions and timetables.

If Hoyer guides the Browns three games over .500 it's hard to imagine him relinquishing the starter's job for the balance of the schedule barring injury or being Nancy Kerriganed by Drake or Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche.

It's a massive opportunity for Hoyer, but one also laced with danger should he play poorly on such a large stage. We wouldn't see a switch to Johnny Manziel next week against the Texans no matter how much his vocal supporters would call for one.

The Browns, after all, still would get to 6-4 with a win over Houston, a record few would have forecast in August. But falling to 1-3 in the division would seriously wound their playoff chances in an AFC North with no team under .500.

If they fall out of the postseason race you couldn't blame management for wanting to see what they have in Manziel, the No. 22 overall pick, in the season's final month. General manager Ray Farmer was wise not signing Hoyer to an extension right after the quarterback passed his first big test, making so many big throws in the Browns' 31-10 win over the Steelers.

You want to see how Hoyer performs in games like Thursday night, a contest that could turn a nice season into an extended one. The feeling here is Hoyer will need to win this game, not just make some plays at the end of it the way he did Sunday in a 22-17 victory over the hapless Buccaneers.

The Browns' offensive line hasn't played well since losing center Alex Mack to a season-ending broken leg against the Steelers. The running game is a mess, managing a combined 158 yards against Crazy Eights of Jacksonville (1-8), Oakland (0-8) and Tampa Bay (1-8). The Browns are missing three All Pros on offense (Mack, Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron) and their leading receiver, Andrew Hawkins, will be playing on one leg if he's playing at all Thursday night.

Hoyer is considered smart and efficient, code words for game manager. He'll need to be more than that against the Bengals, who are 13-0-1 in their last 14 home games. He might need to be heroic unless the Browns' defense, which has forced eight turnovers in the last three games, enjoys a huge night.

The Browns are stepping up in class against an opponent that's already beaten the Ravens twice this season. Regardless of what you think about the inconsistent Andy Dalton he's better than anything the Browns have faced in the past three weeks.

Hoyer deserves this moment. He's earned it with his three fourth-quarter comebacks, his 10/4 touchdown-to-interception ratio and the mental toughness he's exhibited in dealing with all the Manizel hype.

He doesn't own a contract beyond this season or a guarantee to be the team's starter beyond the next few games. He's lost his once-reliable rushing attack and is still two weeks away from Gordon's return.

But three months ago, when the team gift shop teemed with Manziel merchandise, Hoyer gladly would have signed up to be the quarterback leading his Browns into Cincinnati with a chance to go 6-3 and end a 17-game, road-losing streak in the division.

He's got his opportunity. What he does with it might determine who's taking snaps for this team come December.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/11/what_brian_hoyers_performance.html

I said it elsewhere- tonight is Hoyer's Super Bowl. The Pre-pregame on NFLN had insider sources saying Brian is now on a three game audition for starting qb money. He better win two of them, or it well could be JFF time.

I said it elsewhere- tonight is Hoyer's Super Bowl. The Pre-pregame on NFLN had insider sources saying Brian is now on a three game audition for starting qb money. He better win two of them, or it well could be JFF time.

saw the same.

as i had predicted (thank you) in another thread this is the money grab poker game for hoyer to win or lose with he and his agent looking for starting QB money.

the NFLN analyst marriucci said that if he plays them into contention the browns will approach him withan offer, if he plays them out of contention the browns will look to see what they have in manziel before the year is up. whether or not he is the QB of the future or if they have to go fishing again next year.

Mayock's take on the Hoyer is in him we have one of the 20-odd starting QBs in the NFL.

I agree with the "next stretch of games are pay games" angle for Hoyer. His performance, not necessarily our record, but his performance will determine if contract negotiation starts at bottom of starters or upper end of back-ups.

Good luck, Brian...

Don't be late for class tomorrow. I can't wait for professor Shorts' history lesson. Maybe class will be cancelled for a while now that I think about it. As for the professor, it would be kind if he WERE history.

Great game Brian Hoyer and great game Browns!

Don't be late for class tomorrow. I can't wait for professor Shorts' history lesson. Maybe class will be cancelled for a while now that I think about it.

You got it...

History has been postponed until further notice...

QB coach or OC for SDSU

Yeah... Was HS, but moved on...

Sipe now resides in San Diego, California, and coached high school football at Santa Fe Christian School in Solana Beach, California, where he helped the Eagles to four CIF titles and a combined record of 75-21-1. Sipe was hired on January 18, 2009 as quarterback coach for his Alma Mater, San Diego State. In 2010, the Aztecs beat United States Naval Academy in the Poinsettia Bowl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Sipe

where were the mighty WRs we passed on or traded away?

AJ green? sanu?

owned by defense.

gotta admit that a lot of that had to do with how bad Dalton was tonight. Even when he wasn't pressured. I had Weedon flashbacks. THey actually kind of look alike from certain angles, made me shiver a bit.

Archived