THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Johnny didn't come here to sit. We will all see. Saw every play of his in college and I would take him on my team. He is not perfect and the fans should really connect with him

Johnny was drafted here. He didn't have much choice in the matter. The people that decided to draft him will also decide when they believe he is ready to play. His only job right now is to learn and be prepared for when his number is called.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will Manziel start or Hoyer? that's the fucking question bugging me now

As it stands now Hoyer. However I doubt Manziel has learned where the practice field is yet, much less learning the play book and meeting his teammates. Let's finish the draft and get the players into training camp before concerning ourselves with who will be lining up under center.

As I posted in the other thread. This is what the head coach had to say...

"There will be competition, but I think it will be very difficult, based on my evaluation of this year's draft class, it will be very difficult for anyone in this draft class to come in and beat [Hoyer] out,'' Pettine told USA Today this week. "I really believe that. There's that certain 'it' factor he has. Just the way he's attacked his rehab, the way he's attacked learning a new offense.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-nfl-draft/news/20140509/nfl-draft-snaps-johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns/#ixzz31ERmS7L5

I think it is a positive that Johnny will have to compete for the job, I also think he will win. Johnny was a significant underdog to win the starting job at A&M over a pretty solid QB named Jameill Showers that eventually transferred out. There was a lot of skepticism about him until the 2nd quarter of Game 2 against SMU, then all of a sudden we met JFF and saw how he could put points on the scoreboard so fast it took your breath away. It got to the point that if he was out there you expected him to lead the team to a TD on every drive. He has no fear and his competitiveness is unmatched.

This is my favorite Manziel play. They were lined up in the WildDawg with Johnny at WR as a trick play. The RB tried to reach across the EZ and fumbled. As it turned out the play was ruled dead but Johnny didn't care. This is what he did.

The last quarterback from Texas the Browns drafted was another player who had a big following of frontrunners, err fans, from the Lone Star state who swore their allegiances to the Browns. the marriage was a brief one after it was ascertained colt wasn't the QB to lead the program out of the desert. the Browns don't view JM a "project", at least I hope so. If he is able to make a good transition to pro speed he should be able to push Hoyer who won't be having too many more opportunities to prove he is a QB leader.

Thanks for the info, Mrs. Manziel.

LMAO...

will Manziel start or Hoyer? that's the fucking question bugging me now

You don't spend a #1 with the intent that your pick sits for very long...

That said we should all pray that JM sits for years. Why? Because if JF is not starting, then it will be because the Browns are winning.

#Pullin4Brian

Lauvao was one of the three guys on the roster I hated. He's gone. (People like Tour defended this guy too)

Wow... gonna need you to pull a quote on that one, assHole.

Okay, listen up. We mainly care about how he plays football. I could care less how many chicks he bangs, etc. Just win games is all we really care about up here in Cleveland.

Cool story. Apologies for the off topic post. I'm sure this never happens.

Carry on with your in-depth X's and O's analysis.

You should e-mail your press corps... They broke this"up here in cleveland"rule today by daring to ask about Drake and stuff.

Cool story. Apologies for the off topic post. I'm sure this never happens.

Carry on with your in-depth X's and O's analysis.

You should e-mail your press corps... They broke this"up here in cleveland"rule today by daring to ask about Drake and stuff.

Talking about the fans. Don't start being a defensive follower please. We will support him if he wins. If he loses he will hate it here. Thats just the way it is here.

Idk what is more annoying

All the JF homers on here leading up to the draft

or all of our new "fans" that think Johnny is a saint and the best QB to ever play the game.

It's a toss up at this point...

I'm simply pointing out the idiocy of your response to my thread. I was sharing information, content, for those who were interested. I believe I labeled and described in properly. Those who are interested can visit, those who aren't, don't have to. Unless there is some kind of thread title system I am unaware of I think this post was legit.

Wins and losses.. are all you care about. got it.

Other people might be interested though.

So i'll stop being defensive if you slow your narcissism.

You're going to LOVE Johnny! I still can't believe how stupid Dallas is. The guy falls in your lap and they pass. Unbelievable! I'm done with the Cowboys and Texans. Go Browns! Loved all the videos of all the Browns fans celebrating the Manziel pick.

Johnny was born in Tyler, TX and spent much of his early life there. His great grandfather struck it rich in oil and his family has money. They moved to Kerrville, TX when Johnny was a young boy, Kerrville is 45 miles NW of San Antonio,

Some items of interest:

Who came up with the nickname Johnny Football? No one is quite sure, not even Johnny. Johnny thought it originated on TexAgs message Board. Others said the stadium announcer at Kerrville Tivy HS. I think it was a TV sportcaster in San Antonio named Joe Reinagle.

Who is JFF: JFF is the internet nickname given to Johnny at the TexAgs board.

What does JFF mean? Johnny Fucking Football !!!

I can see Skrine playing in certain packages. Both Skrine and McFadden will see the field. I didnt see anything out of McFadden that makes me think he van usurp Skrine. And that's saying a lot because I have never liked Skrine.

Lauvao was one of the three guys on the roster I hated. He's gone. (People like Tour defended this guy too)

Josh Cooper should be next.

I'd love for Skrine to kick rocks, but not sure it'll be this year. He's undersized, undisciplined.. misses tackles.. not a good combo

Yea he's young enough so I like giving him another year in the 3+ CB packages. He had some bright spots and improved last year, hopefully he keeps improving.

And yea, barring training camp or preseason injury I expect Hoyer to start. And I hope he keeps the job because it means the browns are winning.

Just heard the Browns President (Schr! I'einer?) on the radio. In the last 15 hours they have sold 1500 season ticket packages.

That's all good, no?

Hell no!, I put in for a seat relocation/upgrade. Why the fuck are they selling new seats before I get my upgrade or relocation?

TXDawg's love affair with Johnny Football blows mine with Denard out of the freaking water.

His ceiling is GOAT? Get the fuck out of here...

PoG still puts ya both to shame. Whats he gonna do with all those magazine cut outs of Carr he had taped around his bed now?

The biggest negative on Johnny going to Cleveland imo is he tends to not do as well in bad weather as the LSU and Missouri games this year were also cold and rainy. That said, he also set what was at the time the SEC Total Offense record (which he later broke) in the rain against Arkansas as a Freshman. He will need to adjust some and the groundskeepers in Cleveland need to do all they can to keep the field in top shape.

Credit LSU for their defensive schemes against Johnny which Missouri copied. In Johnny's freshman year against LSU the Aggies were moving the ball and in the game but an interception off Evans hands and a fumble by Molena caused Johnny to start trying to force things. In Johnny's second season LSU used the same scheme which worked and copied by Missouri.

I think some blame needs to be placed on the offensive coaches for not anticiapating the schemes and making adjustments. Kliff Kingsbury was the OC in Johnny's freshman year and that LSU game was early and I think Kliff was reluctant to put in too much offense and maybe too inexperienced himself to make halftime adjustments. In the Florida loss, Florida rolled their corners up in the second half and Kingsbury refused to throw deep.

When Kingsbury left for Texas Tech, RB coach Clarence McKinney was promoted to OC and Jake Spavital hired from WVA as the QB coach. McKinney was not effective as an OC and replaced by Sumlin for the bowl game. All last year I think Johnny's development was impaired by the coaching of McKinney and the inexperience of Spavital, as well as a non-existent defense. McKinney did not call one zone read play last year for Johnny. Nor a pitch play.

So when the experts watch two games and make evaluations on Johnny they never mention the coaching.

Archived