THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want and hope Johnny is GREAT. And as a Browns fan, I WANT him to be great. But until he proves it on the field I have a lot of doubts.

As you are from East Texas I am sure you know about the Manziel Blue... a breed of fighting cock named after his family...

don't use the words cock and manziel in the same sentence around here. you might just push a few people over the edge.................if you know what i mean.

And I really, truly, don't get what in the hell the Browns were thinking- they knew damn well about the coming suspension, they had Watkins there for the taking, and passed? WTF???? I'm not the first to say this- is the tank the season to take Marriotta or Winston with that extra first rounder? If you're in a "win now" mode, how in the hell are you going to "win" knowing your #1 offensive weapon is gone for an extended period?

I get so confused by everyone that wish we drafted a guy that was arrested for pot possession to replace the guy that got caught smoking it. I'm pretty sure the guy possessing it will eventually get caught smoking it.

Honest point here about why johnny was a great pick even when I don't personally care for him that much.

Let's say he busts....the other 5 players also have a lot of talent, and should be solid contributors based on their position and draft slot. Gilbert will get beat, but he'll also intercept quite a few passes. I think many here are underestimating west.....and bitonio is the ZBS guard this team needed. That should be 3 real good players for this team moving forward. If any of the other picks pan out, and that may happen, bigger bonus. Extra first rounder next year....AND, a well managed cap to react and address deficiencies next year with young guys on rookie deals . So going forward, long term outlook is pretty good.

Now, I know the circus is going to annoy some of you. Be the adult you are and deal with it. Because what I'm about to suggest as best case scenario is gonna have the media pressure cooker ready to explode.

What if we have those 3 players, cap and 2015 draft situation while having a johnny that actually plays above average at the QB position for 5 years? Decent QB play is all weve really needed.....shitty QB play has held us back. If hoyer can man this ship till johnny is ready....half to preferably a full year (getting Gordon back, next year), then this could be our run. THIS could be it. Don't be bitter and miss the very thing you've been clamouring about for 40 years. I understand the win now, but if anyone truly wants a Superbowl, the best course is yo let johnny sit....he has to learn the mental game. If he lines up acroos from a lebeau defense his first game, he truly could get killed. That's chaos compared to what he's used to, and could possibly do more damage than hurting his feelings by making the media sensation sit. If he starts immediately, then I'm going to be worried.

I'm not a johnny fan....but after thinking about the past few nights and seeing how this draft played out, I think we are ready to compete. I don't want another 2007 flash in the pan good season.....I want to beat the hell out of the league, and if farmer and co. can remain patient and keep the media pressure from altering what I think is the actual plan, the browns may be writing important franchise (NFL) history the next few years.

Honest point here about why johnny was a great pick even when I don't personally care for him that much.

Let's say he busts....the other 5 players also have a lot of talent, and should be solid contributors based on their position and draft slot. Gilbert will get beat, but he'll also intercept quite a few passes. I think many here are underestimating west.....and bitonio is the ZBS guard this team needed. That should be 3 real good players for this team moving forward. If any of the other picks pan out, and that may happen, bigger bonus. Extra first rounder next year....AND, a well managed cap to react and address deficiencies next year with young guys on rookie deals . So going forward, long term outlook is pretty good.

Now, I know the circus is going to annoy some of you. Be the adult you are and deal with it. Because what I'm about to suggest as best case scenario is gonna have the media pressure cooker ready to explode.

What if we have those 3 players, cap and 2015 draft situation while having a johnny that actually plays above average at the QB position for 5 years? Decent QB play is all weve really needed.....shitty QB play has held us back. If hoyer can man this ship till johnny is ready....half to preferably a full year (getting Gordon back, next year), then this could be our run. THIS could be it. Don't be bitter and miss the very thing you've been clamouring about for 40 years. I understand the win now, but if anyone truly wants a Superbowl, the best course is yo let johnny sit....he has to learn the mental game. If he lines up acroos from a lebeau defense his first game, he truly could get killed. That's chaos compared to what he's used to, and could possibly do more damage than hurting his feelings by making the media sensation sit. If he starts immediately, then I'm going to be worried.

I'm not a johnny fan....but after thinking about the past few nights and seeing how this draft played out, I think we are ready to compete. I don't want another 2007 flash in the pan good season.....I want to beat the hell out of the league, and if farmer and co. can remain patient and keep the media pressure from altering what I think is the actual plan, the browns may be writing important franchise (NFL) history the next few years.

choco,

I AM a Johnny Fan in a huge way, but your post here is excellent & realistic. There is no "instant gratification" in building a consistent winner & you said that very well.

Thank you,

Mike

If some of this stuff was true, it would have been out in the media. That kind of attitude does not make teammates fall in love with you. Your head coaches and coordinators might not leak anything to the media, but positional coaches and team managers would have said something off the record.

You could tell it was fake when someone used the term "Outlaw Blood Lines" Did is great great grand daddy rob stage coaches or some shit?

Not that anyone should give a shit, but there are a couple relatives that fell a tad shy of being model citizens, but are hardly Bonnie and Clyde.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/aggies/article/Manziel-family-was-larger-than-life-long-before-4723092.php

FWIW according to family legend my Great Grandfather on my Mother's Mother's side was a moonshiner...

Minus the fur coats I hope.

And lets not forget the panty hose commercials

And lets not forget the panty hose commercials

Oh please... let's do...

On the other hand...

I think for sure Manziel is the next star QB in the NFL. The Browns are in for a decade of brilliance.

Well... he is a star... and he is now in the NFL... barely...

As you are from East Texas I am sure you know about the Manziel Blue... a breed of fighting cock named after his family...

LOL... actually I was not despite being pretty close to Manzielville.

Whether you like him or not, you have to wish him success. If he fails so be it. If he is successful we should be happy.

I want and hope Johnny is GREAT. And as a Browns fan, I WANT him to be great. But until he proves it on the field I have a lot of doubts.

The folks in general, and Walter White in particular- need to understand the above is exactly how I fee about JF. That's water under the bridge, and I hope Manziel does great. No I didn't like the pick, and I have concerns how the team is going to handle the media circus that's certainly coming to Berea.

Fake

Might well be fake, leaked (or created by a hatah). However- (and I'm not going to waste my time doing so) those arrest records should be public info somewhere.

With the money, I'll buy you Manziel jersey and a shot and a beer.

Deal... and well understand your newfound Jags interest.

Ya, sorry about that guys, but we had so many threads I had to merge a bunch to keep all of the topics on the front page.

Keep right on merging on...

Johnny Football, How I hate you......

To the tune of Johnny Angel I trust...

Entertaining, check.

If he were 2 inches taller, he goes first overall to Houston.

First, "entertaining" is a real criteria?

Second, damn...

Funny thing is, you said, "All I can say is I'm now a Brown's fan and this is going to be one of the best carnival rides any of you have ever experienced."

Funny thing is, I'm saying, "I've been a Browns' Fan and this has been one hell of a carnival ride so far. Welcome aboard, fasten your seatbelt."

Do not care what New England thinks about QBs. They got lucky drafting Brady ...

Let's say it's real. Jerry Jones has had a better track record drafting QBs and they had him #1 on their big board.

Like I said, don't care what any team thinks of him I just care if he is any good on the field.

He's not your typical qb. He doesn't need to read defenses pre-snap as well as pocket qb's because he has the ability to run. If he cant get the ball out on time he takes it down and runs or scrambles to buy time and pass when they are open. That's his style. If you do not agree with then you don't know NFL football.

Now that Johnny is ours, I too would like to see him start day one, but only if, and I do mean if, he wins the job in camp. If he shits the bed in camp/pre-season, well I guess we should all be worried. With the game plan that I foresee Shanahan employing (heavy run, moving pocket/launch point, slot/TE heavy) Johnny should excel.

Archived