THE BROWNS BOARD

John McCain (1938-2018)

jbluhm86

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One Silver Star, 3 Bronze Stars and one Purple Heart.

“So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none. When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”
John McCain, Character Is Destiny: Inspiring Stories Every Young Person Should Know and Every Adult Should Remember

5 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

That quote is from Tecumseh.

He must have liked it a lot then. Someone else had it as his quote.

But I like this one which may be more authentically from him. 😁

“I watch sports all the time. My wife Cindy says I would watch the thumb-suckers play the bed-wetters. I watch all sports and I enjoy all sports. It's been great fun in my life and a great diversion.”
-- John McCain

we are not all perfect, actually downright faulty... all of us - so we must  forgive and forget 

but even this leftist rag reports proof that even the privileged elites from the right get a pass. - especially during campaign season

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2008/04/mccains-tricky-history-mlk-holiday/

why not now for  joe ordinary citizen caught in a "mistake or regretful comment or action?" 

did Senator McCain fight for that?  

because going along  to get along with his parties majority during the 8 years of the prior administration has a half hearted smell to it

dont you think?

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:
17903454_10158949965035725_3181251005684

Donald J. Trump — President of the United States
9 hrs · 

My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain. Our hearts and prayers are with you!

Were I  the advisor to president Trump Id suggestethat he would have made a more comprehensive Mia culpa. I understand that in a political rivalry there are sharp words bandied about but still I think the president lost at least some favor from those on the right with the over-the-top attacks. And no I was absolutely no fan of Senator McCain's approach to politics.

WSS

Sad. He left behind a maverick legacy for better and far worse. Voting against obaMaocare after railing against it and calling to repeal it...

just a strange legacy. too bad.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2010/11/mccain-201011

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Sad. He left behind a maverick legacy for better and far worse. Voting against obaMaocare after railing against it and calling to repeal it...

just a strange legacy. too bad.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2010/11/mccain-201011

What's strange about a republican voting against Obamacare?

WSS

Stuart

McCain was a dickhead.

That's why some people will unconsciously say he had penis cancer when they meant to say brain cancer.

McCain was the poster child for the Trump hating establishment RINO's. He couldn't stand Trump. Couldn't stand that a non-politician outsider busted down the door to his club.
He also played a role in that fake Trump dossier.

He did what any Trump hating citizen would do.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11781169

Voted against the repeal of Obamacare just to spite Trump....he had previously promised to vote to repeal should the bill ever come up....but now that Trump is president....

RIP dickhead.

2 minutes ago, Dste Ace said:

Hmm. I'm guessing that Trump mocking him for being a POW in Vietnam (a war that Trump, Bill Clinton, and many others chose not to dirty their hands with) probably had something to do with McCain detesting Trump.

Stuart

Hmmm. Apparently your understanding of the sequence of events are screwed up.

Trump doesn't attack or ridicule anyone unless attacked first...as childish as it may be at times.

4 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

Trump doesn't attack or ridicule anyone unless attacked first...as childish as it may be at times.

You sir, are an idiot if you believe that. He has some swampland in Florida to sell you if you don't mind paying Russian prices for it. Name calling a judge in charge of his Trump U. fraud because of his race must not be name calling for you. We could go on ad infinitum, but I'm not wasting any more time on such an outlandish statement.

34 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

Stuart

Hmmm. Apparently your understanding of the sequence of events are screwed up.

Well, let's see. Sequence of events...Trump received the first of four college deferments in July '64. In '68 he was declared 4-F because his feet hurt. McCain was shot down in Oct. '67 and was released in '73, during which time he was horrifically tortured to the extent that he wouldn't be able to lift his arms above his shoulders for the rest of his life. 

Yes, "childish" is a polite way of putting it.

Just for discussion sake. Many of the Democrats who love the man now despised him when he ran against Obama.

https://theoutline.com/post/1952/you-can-feel-bad-about-john-mccain-s-cancer-and-still-hate-his-legacy?zd=2&zi=gptnv6ra

That being said I expect hypocrisy from Democrats and Republicans and I respect John McCain for some of the things that he did that I freely admit I would never ever have the balls to do. Politically? Not so much. He and the president have made the countries business second to their personal Feud.

WSS

that picture of him the FSA will forever be hard to reconcile for me. Those guys went on to form isis and lit syria on fire, Something israel had been wanting to do for decades (remove assad). Prior to that uprising syria was amongst the calmest middle east countries. The women walking aroubd damascus looked almost like parisians. But assad was putins boy. So he had to go. 

3 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Stuart

He was the deciding vote that voted against the repeal of Obamacare.

yeah, didn't quite explain that correctly.....

2 hours ago, Dste Ace said:

Well, let's see. Sequence of events...Trump received the first of four college deferments in July '64. In '68 he was declared 4-F because his feet hurt. McCain was shot down in Oct. '67 and was released in '73, during which time he was horrifically tortured to the extent that he wouldn't be able to lift his arms above his shoulders for the rest of his life. 

Yes, "childish" is a polite way of putting it.

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Ahh Cals post wasn't clear on that.

WSS

yep. I mis-spoke. dammit.

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

He and the president have made the countries business second to their personal Feud.

WSS

Except McCain was convinced that Trump is taking the country down a very dark path from which we may never recover.

https://prepareforchange.net/2017/09/11/navy-releases-mccains-records-mccain-was-personally-responsible-for-the-deadliest-fire-in-the-history-of-the-us-navy/

McCain deliberately “wet-started” his A-4E to shake up the guy in the plane behind his A-4.  “Wet-starts”, done either deliberately or accidentally, shoot a large flame from the tail of the aircraft.

In McCain’s case, the “wet-start” apparently “cooked off” and launched the Zuni rocket from the rear F-4 that touched off the explosions and massive fire.  The F-4 pilot was reportedly killed in the conflagration.  “Wet starting” was apparently a common practice among young “hot-dog” pilots.

McCain was quickly transferred to the USS Oriskany (the only Forrestal crewman to be immediately transferred).  Three months later, McCain was shot down over North Vietnam on October 26, 1967.

Archived