THE BROWNS BOARD

John McCain (1938-2018)

jbluhm86

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks DH. The only thing that surprises me is that the bone spur cowboy's supporters have not cooked up similar BS about former Marine VN Vet Robert Mueller.

BTW I saw an excellent live interview with former Marine Pilot and cellmate of McCains for 18 months Orson Swindle. When it finally makes youtube I'll post it. Suffice it to say they have remained lifelong friends. He did say that McCain was always a source of inspiration and morale building among the prisoners. He had nothing but praise for the man he felt lived by a code of honor that put service to country first.

No 'Wet Start'

A special note is in order here. We have seen some baseless claims that McCain was somehow responsible for the Forrestal disaster. One incorrect but widely quoted theory has him triggering the Zuni missile with the exhaust of his own plane by "wet-starting" – deliberately dumping fuel into the afterburner before starting in order to shoot a large flame from the tail of the aircraft. This is a preposterous notion. For one thing, A-4 jets flew at subsonic speeds and were not equipped with afterburners. According to the Military Analysis Network site maintained by the Federation of American Scientists, the A-4 was powered by a "Single, Pratt & Whitney, J-52-P-408A non-afterburning, turbojet engine." The manufacturer's description of the aircraft also describes the powerplant as "One 11,187-pound-thrust P&W J52-P408 engine," with no mention of an afterburner.

And while pilots tell us that a “wet start” is possible even without an afterburner, the theory fails for another reason. The tail of McCain's plane was pointed over the side of the carrier and away from other planes at the time, and the F4 Phantom fighter that fired the missile was facing McCain's plane from the opposite side of the deck, as shown in Caiella’s diagram, in other diagrams, and in Navy film of the fire.

This bogus theory appears to have gotten its start from a report by New York Times reporter R. W. Apple. Jr, who reported on July 31, 1967 – two days after the fire – that the Forrestal’s captain, John K. Beling, believed an “extreme wet start” had created “a thick tongue of flame” that set off the Zuni. Beling did not identify McCain’s plane as the source, however, and said only that the aircraft was “parked near the carrier’s island,” which would have put it far forward and on the opposite side of the flight deck from where McCain’s plane was getting ready to launch. Not usually noted by the conspiracy theorists is that Capt. Beling “repeatedly said that he had been unable fully to sort out the conflicting reports” that circulated on the 5,000-man vessel in the hours after the fire, according to Apple, who also called the wet-start theory “tentative.” In any case, Beling’s early theory was soon dismissed by Navy investigators, who found that the Zuni had been touched off by a stray electrical charge, not by a jet exhaust. Author Freeman summarizes the findings succinctly in in "Sailors to the End:"

Freeman, 2002 (p. 250): The investigation revealed that the rocket (fired) because a freak surge of electricity jumped through the plane's system at the moment the pilot switched from the outside electrical generator to the plane's internal power system.

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You sir, are an idiot if you believe that.

Stuart

That's still better than you because you sir, are always an idiot.

Just to name a few who took the first shot at Trump...besides McCain...Ted Cruz, Rubio, Rosie O'Donnell, that decapitated head holding bitch, whoever the Shmucking leftwing "journalist" happens to be that day, Mitt Romney, Meryl Streep, Lebron James...https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/cavaliers/2018/02/15/lebron-james-president-trump-kevin-durant-video/342171002/

This is Shmucking ridiculous . Do the research yourself.

Image result for kathy griffin

Stuart - maybe you and I (and cal? although I wont speak for him) are going down the wrong road pointing out some truth - although we are 100% correct. 

and not only because I wanted to troll OP....  

the perception that the nation gets from the media is a (still)  built in condition and now especially after Sen McCains passing.

hes suddenly beloved by the left  (US military servicemen and women notwithstanding) while Trump is  vilified  .

Its McCains political career that should be scrutinized - "maverick"?  more like the  R establishments version of bernie...

Did Trump blow it on the optics part?  yes

but we didnt forget that McCain (and Romney) couldnt be bothered with getting in the dirt with the left when we needed them to - playing it nice

against a backdrop of a media system dedicated to take them down.

while we have a champion with the likes of Trump, tweets and all...

I still have my doubts regarding McCains service record before his captivity. 

The revisionist history and hypocrisy is always fun. Dems who shat on McCain when he ran against Obama now love him because he didn’t like Trump. Republicans who claim to love veterans bend over backwards to lick the balls of a draft dodger who mocked a veteran for being a POW. 

Poltitical tribalism makes people soft in the head.

51 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

The revisionist history and hypocrisy is always fun. Dems who shat on McCain when he ran against Obama now love him because he didn’t like Trump. Republicans who claim to love veterans bend over backwards to lick the balls of a draft dodger who mocked a veteran for being a POW. 

Lol

Hey I would have certainly dodged the draft if I didn't have a high lottery number.

WSS

4 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

mahh nigga

6 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

imma re-up this once a day

On 8/26/2018 at 12:26 PM, Dste Ace said:

Members of McCain's inner circle have informed the WH that he doesn't want Trump to attend his funeral.

And it surfaced today that Sarah Palin wasn’t invited either.

McCain spent the last several months of his life as a bitter old man.

mccain was adored by pelosi. and schumer. and flakey jeff flake.

that speaks volumes of how mccain said one thing,

and voted another.

soros money.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/08/29/gop-lawmakers-balk-at-renaming-senate-office-building-after-sen-john-mccain

9 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

one can even speculate that it was his bitterness that caused his brain cancer?

You guys are hilarious. You would turn on your own mothers if the Orange Guy gave the directive. I didn’t like McCain’s politics but I won’t crap on the guy after his death because he disagreed with someone I like. This is catty highschool girl nonsense.

Politics turns people into hypocrites fast.

The snub to Sarah Palin is proof of who he really was. He played both sides, after he got caught in the

Keating Five cookie jar. Then he got 100,000 bucks from soros, for his clinton-like foundation.

Either he never had an honor about himself, or lost it after his service in our military (Thank him for that)...

but the sad fact is, afterwards, he was a Keating Five player, and we can follow the money to soros.

that is very bad. His choices.

http://www.worldtribune.com/the-mccain-soros-connection-it-started-after-senator-got-caught-in-keating-five-scandal/

Just now, LogicIsForSquares said:

You guys are hilarious. You would turn on your own mothers if the Orange Guy gave the directive. I didn’t like McCain’s politics but I won’t crap on the guy after his death because he disagreed with someone I like. This is catty highschool girl nonsense.

Palin never deserved what she got from McCain. Not only for McCain to go public last year and complain about how he made a mistake in picking her to be his VP when he ran for president but also in not wanting her to attend his funeral. Seems petty as Palin has never said anything bad or negative towards McCain. McCain was dreaming IMO if he thought that picking Joe Lieberman would have gotten him a better result in 08. 

8 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

whos "crapping" on him?  I think you got to settle down there nancy

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

The snub to Sarah Palin is proof of who he really was. He played both sides, after he got caught in the

Keating Five cookie jar. Then he got 100,000 bucks from soros, for his clinton-like foundation.

Either he never had an honor about himself, or lost it after his service in our military (Thank him for that)...

but the sad fact is, afterwards, he was a Keating Five player, and we can follow the money to soros.

that is very bad. His choices.

http://www.worldtribune.com/the-mccain-soros-connection-it-started-after-senator-got-caught-in-keating-five-scandal/

maybe its possibe that he contacted her and asked her to stay away to prevent a media circus....?

Archived