THE BROWNS BOARD

John McCain (1938-2018)

jbluhm86

23 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

whos "crapping" on him?  I think you got to settle down there nancy

maybe its possibe that he contacted her and asked her to stay away to prevent a media circus....?

I personally believe he was embarrassed to have picked Palin to be his running mate. McCain wanted to be  known as the "maverick" the guy who would cross the aisle and work (cave and sell out republicans) to the democrats. The liberal media loved him for it. Conservative Sarah Palin at his funeral would have been a reminder of the "mistake" he made in his choice for VP.

I remember years ago a story by a guy nicknamed Joe the Plumber who talked about his experience on the McCain campaign bus in 08. He said he was very impressed with Palin but McCain said some things on the bus that made him want to throw up and he wanted off the bus as soon as he could get off. I always wondered what it was that McCain said but Joe the Plumber never said what it was.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I personally believe he was embarrassed to have picked Palin to be his running mate. McCain wanted to be  known as the "maverick" the guy who would cross the aisle and work (cave) to the democrats. Conservative Sarah Palin would have been a reminder of the "mistake" he made in his choice for VP.

I remember years ago a story by a guy nicknamed Joe the Plumber who talked about his experience on the McCain campaign bus in 08. He said he was very impressed with Palin but McCain said some things on the bus that made him want to throw up and he wanted off the bus as soon as he could get off. I always wondered what it was that McCain said but Joe the Plumber never said what it was.

cave for sure

picking Palin was the best thing he did... (tea party gets mocked here) 

if he were the "maverick" he wouldve gone down that "scary" road of using confrontational antics to get the message across

(only if he even believed in it) 

He wanted "nice and easy"  and came off fake, and milqtoast 

8 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

cave for sure

picking Palin was the best thing he did... (tea party gets mocked here) 

if he were the "maverick" he wouldve gone down that "scary" road of using confrontational antics to get the message across

(only if he even believed in it) 

He wanted "nice and easy"  and came off fake, and milqtoast 

And he got the applause of the liberal media until he ran for president in 08 and was up against Obama and then they predictably turned on him.

Palin gave him a chance at winning in 08. His poll numbers shot up when he picked her and he took the lead in the polls for a short time until the economy  collapsed in late Sept 08 which really was the biggest factor in why he was defeated.

2 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

So I brought up "pre captivity " stuff and cal brings up  "songbird John" 

both of which has some legitimate claims...

And were not talking about his political "crap"  (well we did)

You were inferring that his potentially being bitter at Trump was the cause of the guy’s brain cancer. If that was the case, half of this country would be keeling over dead soon.

40 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I think the GOP buffalo’d him into it and it backfired.

I was watching a show Sunday night---he was originally leaning toward Joe Leiberman. Reading between the lines, I got the feeling that he was pressured to choose Palin because the Republican's felt they had to counter the "first black presidential candidate" ticket. Listening to Steve Schmidt and Nicole Wallace, it was painfully obvious that no one on McCain's campaign really knew anything about Palin. It was only when Katie Couric asked her what newspapers she read and she couldn't name one single newspaper that they knew they were hopelessly screwed.

mccain was sleazily leaning to the left after the keating five scandal.

the left doesn't care about scandals of their own.

and, lefty mccain picked Palin to get the conservative vote, because there were plenty of

people who didn't trust him to do the right thing, after saying the right thing.

and the hundred thousand bucks Soros gave to mccain's foundation was the icing on the cake.

turns out, mccain was very much like a double agent, more leaning to the left.

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

You were inferring that his potentially being bitter at Trump was the cause of the guy’s brain cancer. If that was the case, half of this country would be keeling over dead soon.

bitterness at Trump? not totally -  a serious condition like that is the big question we all wonder about. sadly taking years undetected?

and I dont know McCains  lifetime events 

no - and I think Im making a stretch with you and other like minded atheists / agnostics ... trying to explain this  i dont know,

but it is a possibility that the mans spiritual condition can influence his overall physical health.... 

39 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

bitterness at Trump? not totally -  a serious condition like that is the big question we all wonder about. sadly taking years undetected?

and I dont know McCains  lifetime events 

no - and I think Im making a stretch with you and other like minded atheists / agnostics ... trying to explain this  i dont know,

but it is a possibility that the mans spiritual condition can influence his overall physical health.... 

Not just from a bible viewpoint but the medical field as well has made a connection between one's health and harboring bitterness and  unforgiveness:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/healthy_aging/healthy_connections/forgiveness-your-health-depends-on-it

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthscience/2015/june/the-deadly-consequences-of-unforgiveness

21 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

He and the rest of the Republicans need to heed their evaluations and re-asses their complicity. They are all faint of heart and lacking in courage to even dare cross 🤴.

I love this Chuck Woolery tweet. . .

All in the same church today. Obama, Bush, Clinton.

Trump has accomplished more in less than two years than any of you could or did, and without much help from your holier than thou establishment.

John Mccain shouldn't be a hero to anybody. He was always a jackass "me-first" guy.

He ditched his first wife because she got health problems. badly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html

Archived