THE BROWNS BOARD

John McCain (1938-2018)

jbluhm86

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MCCAIN’S FUNERAL TURNS INTO RESISTANCE MEETING

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/09/mccains-funeral-turns-into-resistance-meeting.php

Good article. Best quote from the article:

"I’m not a fan of Donald Trump the man, but I’ll say this for him: When he sticks the knife in, he doesn’t pretend to be the guardian of civility and related virtues." 

And these hypocritical Lefties hated everything the guys did for when he ran for president. He wanted big increases in military spending a constitutional amendment to curtail abortion no immigration reform until the borders were secured, opposed gay marriage and Obamacare, opposed the anti-gun lobbies etc etc.

WSS

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And these hypocritical Lefties hated everything the guys did for when he ran for president. He wanted big increases in military spending a constitutional amendment to curtail abortion no immigration reform until the borders were secured, opposed gay marriage, opposed the anti-gun lobbies etc etc.

WSS

Media's praise for McCain is warranted — but where was it in '08?

"But the respect and honesty we're seeing from the 2018 media is a far cry from the Arizona Republican's treatment in 2008. McCain was labeled as a racist, a get-off-my-lawn grouch with a divisive temper, someone whose health should be scrutinized because of his age. 

Here's a flashback, courtesy of Pew Research, from the final weeks of the 2008 campaign in terms of the kind of media coverage the Republican presidential nominee received in his race against then-Sen. Barack Obama. Just 14 percent of coverage of McCain was positive from the Republican National Convention that ended on Sept. 4 through the final presidential debate on Oct. 15; 57 percent was negative. Translation: McCain's coverage was negative over positive by a 4-to-1 ratio. 

Compare that to coverage of Obama, who received 36 percent of coverage that was positive, and 35 percent that was neutral or mixed, according to the study. Just 29 percent of coverage was negative — about half that of McCain's.  

Politico, which was part of the Pew study, did an analysis of its own coverage for one week, Oct. 21 to 28: "Why McCain is getting hosed in the press." The result: "110 stories advanced a narrative that was more favorable to Obama than McCain. Sixty-nine did the opposite."  

When unpacking those numbers, remember this: McCain was a media darling for most of his career leading up to 2008."

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/404543-medias-praise-for-mccain-is-warranted-but-where-was-it-in-08

17 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Media's praise for McCain is warranted — but where was it in '08?

"But the respect and honesty we're seeing from the 2018 media is a far cry from the Arizona Republican's treatment in 2008. McCain was labeled as a racist, a get-off-my-lawn grouch with a divisive temper, someone whose health should be scrutinized because of his age. 

Here's a flashback, courtesy of Pew Research, from the final weeks of the 2008 campaign in terms of the kind of media coverage the Republican presidential nominee received in his race against then-Sen. Barack Obama. Just 14 percent of coverage of McCain was positive from the Republican National Convention that ended on Sept. 4 through the final presidential debate on Oct. 15; 57 percent was negative. Translation: McCain's coverage was negative over positive by a 4-to-1 ratio. 

Compare that to coverage of Obama, who received 36 percent of coverage that was positive, and 35 percent that was neutral or mixed, according to the study. Just 29 percent of coverage was negative — about half that of McCain's.  

Politico, which was part of the Pew study, did an analysis of its own coverage for one week, Oct. 21 to 28: "Why McCain is getting hosed in the press." The result: "110 stories advanced a narrative that was more favorable to Obama than McCain. Sixty-nine did the opposite."  

When unpacking those numbers, remember this: McCain was a media darling for most of his career leading up to 2008."

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/404543-medias-praise-for-mccain-is-warranted-but-where-was-it-in-08

johnmccaincareercriminal.gif

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:53 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Cal, I don't give a Sheet what happened between him and his wives.  He was a hero.  He went thru hell and deserves the respect he is getting.

Stuart

Benedict Arnold was a Revolutionary War hero before he became a traitor.:ph34r:

4 hours ago, StinkHole said:

johnmccaincareercriminal.gif

I was not defending McCain just pointing out the hypocrisy of our left wing media today whom I hate. McCain was their darling republican until he ran for president in 08 against Obama and then they turned on him like we knew they would. In 08 the left was (surprise) even calling McCain a racist. After his failed presidential run when he went back to attacking republicans they put him back on the pedestal. In his circus funeral the left and 'never Trumpers' turned it into their resistance movement against Trump which is probably what McCain would have wanted.

15 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I was not defending McCain just pointing out the hypocrisy of our left wing media today whom I hate. McCain was their darling republican until he ran for president in 08 against Obama and then they turned on him like we knew they would. In 08 the left was (surprise) even calling McCain a racist. After his failed presidential run when he went back to attacking republicans they put him back on the pedestal. In his circus funeral the left and 'never Trumpers' turned it into their resistance movement against Trump which is probably what McCain would have wanted.

True, but it's no different than people on the right putting the guy on a pedestal and going hard to the paint for him during the '08 election, only to s.hit on him after he lost. Hypocrisy isn't party specific.

I didn't vote for him in '08 - I thought his whole platform of "freeze all federal funds except for the military and VA" pitch was foolish;  I didn't want a moron like Sarah Palin a heartbeat away from the Presidency, and I, admittedly drank the "Hope and Change" Kool-Aid like most young 20 year olds back then, but I never personally hated the guy, nor begrudged the man of his military service and his dedication to his country. It's a shame that several posters on here sh.it on the guy and question his service just because he lost an election to their Boogeyman.

7 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

True, but it's no different than people on the right putting the guy on a pedestal and going hard to the paint for him during the '08 election, only to s.hit on him after he lost. Hypocrisy isn't party specific.

I didn't vote for him in '08 - I thought his whole platform of "freeze all federal funds except for the military and VA" pitch was foolish;  I didn't want a moron like Sarah Palin a heartbeat away from the Presidency, and I, admittedly drank the "Hope and Change" Kool-Aid like most young 20 year olds back then, but I never personally hated the guy, nor begrudged the man of his military service and his dedication to his country. It's a shame that several posters on here sh.it on the guy and question his service just because he lost an election to their Boogeyman.

The more recent scramble to find every reason to hate McCain was that he said negative things about their current heart throb. 

Trump wouldn’t have wanted to go to the funeral anyway. He doesn’t like people who get captured.

9 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

No matter what you thought of Palin it was McCain who chose her to be his running mate. He chose her purely on political grounds to shore up conservatives who were skeptical of McCain. To her credit she never said anything negative about McCain and has remained loyal through the years. McCain was so petty he barred her from his funeral. He was a petty spiteful man who I give credit for his military service and his sacrifice but not his political career. He campaigned on repealing Obamacare and then he was the deciding vote not to repeal Obamacare and it has been reported after his vote he was laughing about it and commented to democrats like Chuck Schumer, "let's seen Donald make America great again now". He didn't care about the voters he promised he would repeal Obamacare to, he cared about being vindictive to Trump (and to be the darling of the liberal media). 

Archived