Kapernick Lands A Job!!!

BrownsFan4Evr

2 hours ago, stillmotion said:

That is so wrong.

This is better....

14686-Dallas-Cowboys-Cheerleaders.jpg

Thanks...there are just some things you cant unsee!! WOW😝🤢🤮🤬

On 8/28/2018 at 8:43 PM, BrownsFan4Evr said:

Sooo??.....he's still an attention seeking, washed up,  schmuck.

He is? He’s a pretty good quarterback that got black balled for standing against social injustice. He isn’t protesting the flag, he isn’t protesting vets or active duty service members and he’s not protesting the anthem. He’s using his platform to protest and every dip Sheet mouth breather that disagrees is too dumb to understand any of it in the first place. 

Why don’t some of you take issue with the gop that routinely cuts veteran benefits? How many homeless vets exist in this country? How many people have spot lights on their flags at night? If you don’t do you take them down? It’s required if you don’t. It’s all a bunch of self righteous bs propagated by the right wing media to stir up bs and garner more votes. Get a grip.

1 minute ago, choco said:

Again....you wrote alot of words...how does any of that make him a good QB?  

Now tell us how low you're QBing bar is by citing a couple cherry picked stats...

Look at his stats before getting black balled. He was young and still growing in the position. He never had a chance and his stats up until the black ball were solid. If the nfl and our country weren’t up it’s own butt he’d be a good qb right now.

20 minutes ago, choco said:

Haven't realized yet that football players get the amount of leash their talent provides them?  I'll take your ignorance to this fact as a reason to not explain it to you.

Lol. Whatever helps you sleep at night 

9 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He is? He’s a pretty good quarterback that got black balled for standing against social injustice. He isn’t protesting the flag, he isn’t protesting vets or active duty service members and he’s not protesting the anthem. He’s using his platform to protest and every dip Sheet mouth breather that disagrees is too dumb to understand any of it in the first place. 

Why don’t some of you take issue with the gop that routinely cuts veteran benefits? How many homeless vets exist in this country? How many people have spot lights on their flags at night? If you don’t do you take them down? It’s required if you don’t. It’s all a bunch of self righteous bs propagated by the right wing media to stir up bs and garner more votes. Get a grip.

I basically agree with this.  I support his right to bring attention to injustice.     However, I could NOT condone some of the things he did that had nothing to do with the kneeling.   Wearing socks which depicts cops as pigs.  Yes, some cops are bad and do wrong things that should be rectified...

but to paint every policeman in the country as being "racists" or whatever is just dead arse wrong.  And his apparent support for Fidel Castro? He is a fool for that. Castro was a despot who was counter to everything that CK supposedly was protesting.  HE certainly would have had NO kind of job like being an NFL QB, nor have the income that came with it.  And Castro sure as hell was not above killing anyone that disagreed with him.   So, to me, if he admires Castro.....then he betrays the very things that he supposedly protested against.    So...to me, kneeling during the anthem was the LEAST of CKs offensive.  I did not have that big of a problem with that, but I did with the other shite that he pulled.

9 hours ago, choco said:

Again....you wrote alot of words...how does any of that make him a good QB?  

Now tell us how low you're QBing bar is by citing a couple cherry picked stats...

Well, there IS a dearth of quality QBs in this league.   I don't think it would be off base to say that I think CK could probably be as good as half those QBs on NFL rosters now.   

But, the question is:  is he now  NFL starting QB caliber?  I think not, but he is probably NFL backup QB caliber.  But then that begs the question: does a team want to put up with the drama that would be wrought over a backup QB.   All so far have apparently said no.

It's simply amazing how some of you all can't let it go. This guy practiced his God given rights and has faced the consequences of those actions. You're outright foolish to think he wouldn't be on an NFL roster as a back-up if he didn't choose (which is an important key word) to speak out. I mean Jesus Christ, Brandon Weeden is still clinging to rosters you think Kap wouldn't be? Come on now.

Despite all that this dude has kept his nose down and donated almost $1 million (of money he's no longer pouring in) to support his causes: https://www.si.com/sportsperson/2017/12/06/colin-kaepernick-charity-giving-donations. He hasn't been in the league for going on THREE years and yet you mofos still can't get over the guy. It's pathetic really.

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

It's pathetic really.

great, he gives money to charity. good for him.  whats that got to do with his ability to play QB? 

its simple, if he was an above average or better QB in this league, someone would put up with the headache.  

FTR, i support his protest.  But im also aware that actions have consequences.  if its pathetic we are still discussing this, whats it make you for still holding a candle for him? 

If you have a problem with Kaepernick's protest, you are not American and you are welcome to deport yourself.

1) "to paint every policeman in the country as being "racists" or whatever"  -- That's not his point, he never once said that. For the umpteenth time.. the point is to express outrage at the treatment of African-Americans by police, and other systemic social inequalities in America.

2) His defense of Castro is based SOLELY on Castro's position on education.  Like it or not, Cuba's education system produces better outcomes than the US'.. their literacy rate is higher than the US.. in large measure because Cuba invests more in education than they do in prisons.

Time to confront Kaepernick's actual ideas and not the ones you wish he held.

Until then, be a man - stop getting triggered just because you're confronted with ideas you wish weren't factually accurate.

7 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

If you have a problem with Kaepernick's protest, you are not American and you are welcome to deport yourself.

Oh yeah the line to leave this country forms on the left......the empty one.  :lol:

The line to sneak in is on the right, try not to get stampeded to death.

(NOTE: this completely non partisan, non political message was approved by mjp, I don't get into that stuff.....just the facts. ;) )

Sigh.. Cmon man.. Objective reality check: Immigration from Mexico and South America is net negative .. meaning more people are leaving than entering.

Fun knock-on fact: "Building the Wall" would be more to keep people from leaving back to S America than to "prevent" them from coming..

More -- "Undocumented migration from Mexico is over."

Objective

Links - Mexican GDP per capita is today greater than China's

7 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Sigh.. Cmon man.. Objective reality check: Immigration from Mexico and South America is NET NEGATIVE.. meaning more people are leaving than entering.

Fun knock-on fact: "Building the Wall" would be more to keep people from leaving back to S America than to "prevent" them from coming..

More

Objective

Links

Oh no I said I wouldn't do it.....interesting numbers BTW......but the drop in numbers correlate largely with the 2008 great depression and the 2016 electiom, wow only 304,000 apprehensions now (the CAUGHT ones) I feel so much better, whew! Oh and a HUGE increase in border patrol agents is in the mix. Oh I'm a Democrat most of the time for the record. 

........In 2000, 1.6 million migrants were apprehended along the border, but by 2017 the number was only 304,000. [ONLY 304,000 or about 5,850 a week more than a freaking pickup truck full! :o ]

This quantity may seem like a lot, but it is the lowest number of apprehensions since 1970, when the Border Patrol only had around 1,600 officers. Today, there are more than 19,000 officers. In fact, the number of apprehensions per officer is at its lowest level since 1943......

Get that number down to 52, you know 1 a week and I'll feel better. 

Now speaking about border issues, Texas in particular I'd rather see these all American girls voluntarily show their stuff....amazing how many try to get in and are sent home. :lol:

454868988-600x0-c-default.jpg

57 minutes ago, choco said:

great, he gives money to charity. good for him.  whats that got to do with his ability to play QB? 

its simple, if he was an above average or better QB in this league, someone would put up with the headache.  

FTR, i support his protest.  But im also aware that actions have consequences.  if its pathetic we are still discussing this, whats it make you for still holding a candle for him? 

So you truly, deep down in your being, believe the reason this dude isn't on a roster is because of play? Despite RG3, Brandon Weeden, Matt Barkley, Matt Cassell,  Matt Schaub, and Geno Smith amongst others all being rosters, you think it's because he couldn't play the position.

He made it bed and he has to lay in it, but that's just nonsense. The NFL is trying as hard as humanly possible to get on the side of no kneeling, they aren't going to hire the face of that issue to a roster-plain and simple. I only bring it up to remind people that this guy backs up everything he believes in, yet despite ruining his career and staying out of the limelight people still can't get over him.

17 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

So you truly, deep down in your being, believe the reason this dude isn't on a roster is because of play? Despite RG3, Brandon Weeden, Matt Barkley, Matt Cassell,  Matt Schaub, and Geno Smith amongst others all being rosters, you think it's because he couldn't play the position.

He made it bed and he has to lay in it, but that's just nonsense. The NFL is trying as hard as humanly possible to get on the side of no kneeling, they aren't going to hire the face of that issue to a roster-plain and simple. I only bring it up to remind people that this guy backs up everything he believes in, yet despite ruining his career and staying out of the limelight people still can't get over him.

I think it is a combination of two things:   A, yes, his play is not what it once was.....he is basically a backup QB at this point (or, at least at the point when he last played),    and two....though I think you are right, as a backup he "could be" as good or better than the likes of Matt Barkley, RGKnee, Weeden...and dozens of others,    the fufarol that would come with signing him is not worth putting up with for a marginal backup QB.

24 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

So you truly, deep down in your being, believe the reason this dude isn't on a roster is because of play?

no, i said his play is not enough to overcome the headache he brings, the circus that will inevitably ensue.  its right there in the post you quoted....

"its simple, if he was an above average or better QB in this league, someone would put up with the headache." 

given the shortage of good to great QB's in the NFL, someone would put up with the antics if he could help them win consistently.  then his play dropped off to backup quality.  its the same media driven distraction that caused tebow to be so quickly unemployed as well.  level of play is simply not worth the hassle.

37 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think it is a combination of two things:   A, yes, his play is not what it once was.....he is basically a backup QB at this point (or, at least at the point when he last played),    and two....though I think you are right, as a backup he "could be" as good or better than the likes of Matt Barkley, RGKnee, Weeden...and dozens of others,    the fufarol that would come with signing him is not worth putting up with for a marginal backup QB.

This is all correct. He was a Flash in the Pan. His running ability and athleticism helped him make a big splash on a good team when he took over in SF. Defenses caught up with him and he never progressed as a pocket passer. His last good year was 2014, his best (and only really good season) was 2013 ... It's 2018. He is 3-16 since then and never got his QBR over 50 since then.

He lost his job to the likes of Blaine Gabbert and not due to politics, the 49ers were looking for something better. Blaine Gabbert.

Is the Colin Kaepernick that left the 49ers after 2016 (he opted out) good enough to be on an NFL roster? Certainly. Does he want to be? Is he working out and in prime shape?

If so, then he is still a veteran backup at best and comes with a political firestorm in your city and with your fans ... so why not just develop a backup with some upside or have Geno Smith hold down the fort? Geno can backup too and you don't piss off half your fanbase. That's why Kap's unemployed.

Zombo

6 minutes ago, choco said:

no, i said his play is not enough to overcome the headache he brings, the circus that will inevitably ensue.  its right there in the post you quoted....

"its simple, if he was an above average or better QB in this league, someone would put up with the headache." 

given the shortage of good to great QB's in the NFL, someone would put up with the antics if he could help them win consistently.  then his play dropped off to backup quality.  its the same media driven distraction that caused tebow to be so quickly unemployed as well.  level of play is simply not worth the hassle.

True. Even as hard up as teams are for anybody with a pulse that is a quarterback  (remember the last off season deals?) he would/could be a PR nightmare with everyone protesting for/against something.

If I were a GM I'd pass.....they agree.

Archived