THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

3 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Nope, he passed the Pats' physical perfectly. Hamstring was NOT an issue. They talked about this at length on Boston sports radio today.

Apparently he asked to borrow Browns practice facility for a shoot for his clothing line but instead was making a hype video for his own social media. To me this is nothing - but it could have been the "final lie" that Berea was talking about.

Not to mention lying about the fake hamstring injury.

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/17/josh-gordon-injury-mri-revealed-hamstring-should-be-ok-for-week-3/

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Fug Josh Gordon.  Lets close all threads about the POS.

Might be getting close to that point.   It's time to move on to the Jets and the players who want to be here and play in Cleveland not the guys who are gone.  

4 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

No not exactly, but you sure seemed to imply that talent means everything. I am just showing you how absurd it is that talent is the only factor.

But let's take a different approach, since you and others seem to keep looking at it just on talent. Say you are paired with someone for a project at work. The smartest guy in the company. You make this presentation that requires both of you to execute it. On the day of the presentation, he doesnt show up. And it has happened multiple times in the past. In fact, him being a part of it effects your job rating and could cost you your job. When the next presentation comes up, are you going to tell the boss you want to work with the really smart guy again and take a chance since he is so smart, even though time and time again he couldn't be relied upon?

I think it’s apples and oranges.   Gordon was one piece among many.

3 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

It was stated earlier, but I'll reiterate the message. The browns put it out there that they were done with Gordon. They waited until Monday to get as much traffic on him as they possibly could get and the result was a conditional 5th round pick, that in turn, they may end up having to PAY NE A 7TH if he doesn't play in 10 games. Essentially, the Browns could be paying to get rid of Gordon. That is how much the league wanted Josh Gordon. Everyone knows his talent. But everyone also knows his baggage. It's obvious most GM's see Gordon the same way the browns do. Enormous talent, but someone who is only out for themselves. Gordon forced his way out of Cleveland and all the other GM's around the league saw this. The browns supported him time, after time, after time and he still only cares about himself in the end. In today's NFL, teams don't see these types of players working out well for their team anymore. They may provide moments, but often times, the juice ain't worth the squeeze. in the same breath, Tell me, why is Dez Bryant not signed? the same exact reason. He maybe a step slower, but don't tell me he still doesn't have top 15 WR potential in this league. It's his me attitude that is scaring teams away. 

I wanted the Gordon thing to work out. I wanted the redemption story and I wanted the Browns to be the team that had that feel good moment. At the end of the day, for this team, they had to cut the chord. They got the best deal they could. The Browns should walk away and have zero regrets. They did what they could for that man and it was not going to be reciprocated not matter what. Sure, he's probably going to be a stud, but it was never going to be with Cleveland in his head. Sometimes a win by subtraction is the best thing. No, there is no one on this roster whom has his talents. But at some point guys get tired of the coddling and the babysitting of a man. This is a it's time to grow up moment. The browns just proved, it doesn't matter how much talent you have, if you don't want to be on this team, we will trade you for pennies on the dollar. 

The 5th rounder isn't conditional we receive it. The 7th rounder is the conditional pick. As you stated if he doesn't playing 10 games we owe them a seventh-round back we still keep their fifth regardless but if he plays in 10 games we don't have to give them a 7th rounder. In that case it will just be Josh Gordon for a 5th round pick. If you fail to appear in 10 games that will be Josh Gordon and a 7th round pick for the Patriots 5th round pick

25 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

I think it’s apples and oranges.   Gordon was one piece among many.

You are missing the point my man.

Again I cant help but look at it from coaches view.

He is the most talented player on the team, you are obviously going to have a big plan for him. If it were something that didnt happen often, you can overlook it. But constantly not being able to trust him has worn thin. And I am not one of the guys who dislikes him. As you stated, and I agree he was super talented, so he can't just be easily replaced in the plans.

At some point, everything accumulating just gets to be too much. You simply cannot trust Josh Gordon the football player to be a consistent presence. No matter how good a player is, he is worth nothing to a team who cannot rely on him. So now he doesnt need to be factored into the planning, and maybe they will get someone who can actually be relied upon even with less numbers. I know it is frustrating when you lose that talent, but I am also quite sure you have seen the superstar athlete from High School who for some reason or another didn't make it past High School.

As for Kendicks. That was a HORRIBLE example. Just because he was on a SB team doesnt mean he is great. Everyone in the NFL is great, but comparable to others not so much. There is also the fact that he will be gone soon because of his legal troubles. Again, it is not always about acquiring the best talent (if he were one). It is about getting the best cumulative team and trying to sustain that. For some teams, a player who wont be in the future may work, the teams who think they can compete right now. For others, those are not the type of player you want. You want to see what you have to build upon the future.

Let's put it this way. Do you think that it would be a great idea for Buffalo, either NY team, Cleveland  Arizona to go out and get Leveon Bell. Those teams are NOT Super Bowl contenders,  and thus without a guarantee for him to be there in the future, you are preventing reps/experience for the guys who will be there in the future. That also points to the part about it being about more than just talent. Giants have Bell and Barkley, 2 great talents, yet it would not help them reach the ultimate goal. It may actually hurt them, take away from Barkley, and when Bell starts complaining or pulling his whining, it may hurt the chemistry and locker room. So back to Gordon, maybe there was an issue with the chemistry and locker room from his actions. 

34 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

You are missing the point my man.

Again I cant help but look at it from coaches view.

He is the most talented player on the team, you are obviously going to have a big plan for him. If it were something that didnt happen often, you can overlook it. But constantly not being able to trust him has worn thin. And I am not one of the guys who dislikes him. As you stated, and I agree he was super talented, so he can't just be easily replaced in the plans.

At some point, everything accumulating just gets to be too much. You simply cannot trust Josh Gordon the football player to be a consistent presence. No matter how good a player is, he is worth nothing to a team who cannot rely on him. So now he doesnt need to be factored into the planning, and maybe they will get someone who can actually be relied upon even with less numbers. I know it is frustrating when you lose that talent, but I am also quite sure you have seen the superstar athlete from High School who for some reason or another didn't make it past High School.  

As for Kendicks. That was a HORRIBLE example. Just because he was on a SB team doesnt mean he is great. Everyone in the NFL is great, but comparable to others not so much. There is also the fact that he will be gone soon because of his legal troubles. Again, it is not always about acquiring the best talent (if he were one). It is about getting the best cumulative team and trying to sustain that. For some teams, a player who wont be in the future may work, the teams who think they can compete right now. For others, those are not the type of player you want. You want to see what you have to build upon the future.

Let's put it this way. Do you think that it would be a great idea for Buffalo, either NY team, Cleveland  Arizona to go out and get Leveon Bell. Those teams are NOT Super Bowl contenders,  and thus without a guarantee for him to be there in the future, you are preventing reps/experience for the guys who will be there in the future. That also points to the part about it being about more than just talent. Giants have Bell and Barkley, 2 great talents, yet it would not help them reach the ultimate goal. It may actually hurt them, take away from Barkley, and when Bell starts complaining or pulling his whining, it may hurt the chemistry and locker room. So back to Gordon, maybe there was an issue with the chemistry and locker room from his actions. 

Again no one is saying duplicitous talent.  Adding Aaron Rodgers to the Patriots makes no sense but adding him to the Browns would have given us at least 6 wins, with nothing else changing.  Adding Bell probably would get us 4 or more.  You have to get talent to win.  Deion Sanders was a me first punk, how many rings?  I remember the 90s Cowboys and they didn’t always get along or have choir boys but they had ballers and won a lot.  Chemistry helps to win playoff games and even Super Bowls but it ain’t bring wins to Believeland.  Garrett is talent.  We are all hoping Ward is as well.  Other than that nothing else screams super talented.  Our RB, WR and QB are all guys who their former team didn’t care to retain.  Our D Line are all 2nd and 3rd round picks we are hoping can make a difference.  The Browns have stunk for a decade and continue to pick high and we have Garrett who when health seems really good and a rookie.  There isn’t enough talent on this team to win even though the sunshine pumpers think every offseason that the Jarvis Landry’s off the world will make the difference.  Trading down and trying to out smart everyone else has killed this franchise.  They need talent at so many positions that letting it walk out the door for another Seth Devalve isn’t the right plan.  And if Dorsey, Hue and Co couldn’t get Gordon on board with giving 110% on Sunday we’ll there is another glaring issue.

So to sum up, no talent equals no wins.  Some talent equals some wins.  Some talent and some chemistry can equal playoff wins and a ton of talent, with or without chemistry, can win championships.

1 minute ago, BaconHound said:

And if Dorsey, Hue and Co couldn’t get Gordon on board with giving 110% on Sunday we’ll there is another glaring issue.

I'd say someone who disappears at the start of training camp for a bullshit reason and then makes up a hamstring injury is a guy who is not on board with giving 100% on Sundays or any other day for that matter with this team.   Those are just the issues this season, let alone all the crap the organization has put with over the years.   Its in the best interest for Puffy and for the Browns to move on from him. 

18 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

People in here hootin and hollarin and jumpin around like a bunch kansas city faggots ( name the movie) lol.

We are making the team better and its not going to happen in one week or one year.  It takes 4-5 years to build a winner...we have 3 years left.  If we still suck in 3 more years..i will legally change my name to ghoolie is awesome.

Fargo?  (don't think that is it....but it is familiar)

FYI.....I once represented a Kansas City faggot......serial killer.   Its true.   Look up the name Robert Berdella.

16 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Nope, he passed the Pats' physical perfectly. Hamstring was NOT an issue. They talked about this at length on Boston sports radio today.

Apparently he asked to borrow Browns practice facility for a shoot for his clothing line but instead was making a hype video for his own social media. To me this is nothing - but it could have been the "final lie" that Berea was talking about.

I think it's nothing, too.  He's having severe financial troubles, and owing people money makes you do stupid things.  I'm not making excuses for him, it's just the way it is.  People say, "He's not himself."  Well, maybe it's because he's using again.  I guess that's where the smart money would be, but it could also be because he's having severe financial duress.  I've been there before.  I've been up against the wall financially, and let me tell you, I was NOT myself.  I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, and I didn't want to speak to anybody.  I was a wreck.  

Yeah, the lie is the straw that broke the camel's back, but I really don't get it.  We put so much time and effort into keeping him, to release him for something like that seems absurd.  The chances of him doing great with the Patriots are very slim, only because he hasn't shown the ability to stay on the field, like, ever.  But if he does, we're going to look INCREDIBLY stupid.  Again. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

FYI.....I once represented a Kansas City faggot......serial killer.   Its true.   Look up the name Robert Berdella.

Blazing Saddles..

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Berdella 

He died in prison at age 43 from a heart attack. That did not displease presiding judge Randall, "Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy."

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:52 PM, PoeticG said:

I actually thought that our convict owner would talk our inbred GM out of committing NFL suicide. 

Listened to a podcast today with Joe Banner and he said he agreed to trade Gordon to the Niners for a 2nd and a player but "some in the building ended up overruling it"

Nobody that can be bar Jimmah, guess he finally had enough.

The podcast I alluded to above was worth a listen, they had psychologists and/or psychatrists in the building working with him when we got that great season out of him. Also people that think Josh was just "smoking a bit of weed" are way off the mark, he is an abuser of numerous substances including alcohol

9 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

The podcast I alluded to above was worth a listen, they had psychologists and/or psychatrists in the building working with him when we got that great season out of him. Also people that think Josh was just "smoking a bit of weed" are way off the mark, he is an abuser of numerous substances including alcohol

Yeah..he did say that he had never played a game sober.   One of this team mates at Baylor said he really didn't like playing football in college.   Lots of red flags with this dude...tremendous talent but just not someone that can be relied on.

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

Yeah..he did say that he had never played a game sober.   One of this team mates at Baylor said he really didn't like playing football in college.   Lots of red flags with this dude...tremendous talent but just not someone that can be relied on.

I wish him well personally but professionally, I hope he never plays a down again.

Yeah, tell me again he didn't want to be here. Sticking by him for the last 6 years- I can't believe what happened Saturday was the straw that broke the camels back. Unbelievable. 

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I find it amazing his Wiki page is bigger than some of the worlds most famous people.. Not too mention he is/was a sick fuk on top of it...

3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Grow a pair pooper.

If you think this was good for the Browns or even has the slightest chance of helping us win a game this year- you're the idiot. 

Gordon has half a million followers on social media... from Instagram alone. He was IN FACT making a promotional video for the #Flash clothing line. I'm sorry, I know it's hard for some of you old timers to understand but social media is the way you promote yourself/company these days. Being ignorant is no longer an excuse. It's too bad nobody educated John Donkey or Huey Cue Ball.

52 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Gordon has half a million followers on social media... from Instagram alone. He was IN FACT making a promotional video for the #Flash clothing line. I'm sorry, I know it's hard for some of you old timers to understand but social media is the way you promote yourself/company these days. Being ignorant is no longer an excuse. It's too bad nobody educated John Donkey or Huey Cue Ball.

cartman tears.jpg

Laugh now, cry later you bitch... and I mean that with the utmost respect. At least I know that you're trolling. The other three stooges are like 3 peas of the same pod. It's literally exhausting being a fan of this cursed team.

apparently, gordon only "came back to football" to get enough money to start his own line of clothes.

His own line of clothes won't suspend him for being a dope doper.

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

If you think this was good for the Browns or even has the slightest chance of helping us win a game this year- you're the idiot. 

I think it was good for the Browns.   But I DO NOT think that it will help us win football games.

If they continued to cater to Josh and his dumbass antics, they would have lost the team.  LOOK!  We ALL feel really lousy that this worked out the way it did.  WE NEED Josh Gordon BADLY.  BADLY!!!  We ALL know that.  But there comes a time where you cannot tolerate any more.  Else you're sending the completely wrong message to the rest of the players.  THIS bullcrap HAD TO stop.  He screwed us.  Not the other way around.

I know this is un-Christian...and not in good taste at all.....but I hope the phuckin' guy FAILS in New England.  The phucking azzhole...

Archived