THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I kind of resent Josh now darren.

I feel like he went half butt with us just to get out.

Manziel said in an interview that towards the end he intentionally did things to sabatage his job with the Browns. He pretty much wanted out. Mebbe Josh did too. 

On 9/20/2018 at 12:18 AM, Tour2ma said:

Hard pressed to think of a bigger Josh defender round here than me.

I wish Josh well.

I wish him luck.

I wish him sobriety and a long career.

If he achieves those things I'll be happy for him.

If his achieving those things makes others here miserable, then that's their problem.

I'm tired of hearing about their problem.

Tour- I'm with you, if Josh was a 5th round talent, he would have been gone after year one. he got a zillion chances with the Browns, and had it VERY plainly spelled out to him this time what he needed to do to remain a member of the team. He was absolutely on his last strike- and he damn well knew it. If anyone wants to say he screwed up on purpose to get his ticket out of town- so be it. We all know Billy Boy doesn't put up with any BS- it's his way or the Highway.  

Oh, I watched the Patsies- Colts game in high speed on tape delay- partly because I had the Pats in the Survivor Pool- The Curmudgeon is still perfect picking the low hanging fruit. :D   But I digress. Yeah, I saw Josh's TD, and a little sad at what might have been. But it's water under the Bridge. PS- Ghoolie is full of sh it, Tom still has it, and even though I don't like the guy- just give him his props- he's the undisputed GOAT. Brees will probably have all the records after this year, but with the game on the line- pick any QB other than Tom- you're nuts. 

On 9/20/2018 at 6:37 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Oh trust me, he won't make bets. 

He'll make guarantees, but he won't back any of them up. 

LOL, actually Po did once upon a time, and lost. I saved him the embarrassment of paying up. Bet him a pair of my Season tickets to any game- Richardson would never sniff 1,200 yards, and 12 TDs when we traded him to the Colts. That's in a season, not a career. I still have the PM saved.  :D 

"I'll accept that Hoorta. He might have that BY week 12."

Brady TD #500 to Flash Gordon, 1 of 71 who have caught a TD from Brady who only trails Peyton and Farve (508).

New England Rec Yds Avg Long TD Tgt FL
10 77 7.7 18 1 14 0
6 75 12.5 19 0 7 0
7 57 8.1 13 0 9 0
2 50 25.0 34 1 4 0 <---- ta-da
3 34 11.3 21 0 4 0
3 25 8.3 16 0 3 0
1 12 12.0 12 0 1 0
2 11 5.5 10 1 2

I still would have let him rot on the bench. If he didn't want to play for the Browns after all the BS he pulled with them sticking by him..... then you don't play in the NFL.

That 5th WR spot is really helping with Rod Streater.... what a signing!  Still can't believe with all the return problems they have they sign that guy when you could have added a young return man.

We gonna analyze every catch this guy makes for the rest of his career? We know how talented he is more than anybody.

He wouldn't ever fully commit to being a Cleveland Brown.

Fuck him.

I feel like Gordon and Manziel wasted a big chunk of my life this decade.

I want to root for guys that are committed to being Cleveland Browns. I wanna root for Jarvis Landry and Baker Mayfield .... c'mon Sunday!

Z

50 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well stated Z!👍

Oh I root heavily for BROWNS players make no mistake about that -but- I still can read the whole sports page to see what else is going on including other stories of some interest whether informative, interesting or just plain funny.......especially ones on my FL teams and even in other sports. It's not really that hard to do.  :huh:

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Brady TD #500 to Flash Gordon, 1 of 71 who have caught a TD from Brady who only trails Peyton and Farve (508).

New England Rec Yds Avg Long TD Tgt FL
10 77 7.7 18 1 14 0
6 75 12.5 19 0 7 0
7 57 8.1 13 0 9 0
2 50 25.0 34 1 4 0 <---- ta-da
3 34 11.3 21 0 4 0
3 25 8.3 16 0 3 0
1 12 12.0 12 0 1 0
2 11 5.5 10 1 2

But Brees only trails him by 4 TD passes.  496.  And Brees is younger. 

So many of us were against trading Josh, and you're seeing why.  We had nine drops against the Raiders, and that's just about more than I've ever heard of.  You have to figure we win the game if Josh is out there.  At least I do.  

I'm not a fool, I get why we DID trade him, but now we have to live with the consequences.  Those consequences are dropped passes and lost games.  But hey, we got rid of a problem, so I guess that's good.  

17 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

So many of us were against trading Josh, and you're seeing why.  We had nine drops against the Raiders, and that's just about more than I've ever heard of.  You have to figure we win the game if Josh is out there.  At least I do.  

I'm not a fool, I get why we DID trade him, but now we have to live with the consequences.  Those consequences are dropped passes and lost games.  But hey, we got rid of a problem, so I guess that's good.  

Funny because I had dreams and visions of Josh playing for bill... Now it's coming to fruition... it pisses me off.. It's typical browns though... it makes me laugh my butt off.. The browns can't catch the football.. but always seems to get rid of the one person that can.. Now Josh will somehow come out of that 500 mile pipe full of $hit and come out smelling like a rose on the other side... Just makes me wonder.. I have always had dreams or visions that have come true in the past... I even dreamt we won a superbowl.. I'm still waiting for that one...

39 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But Brees only trails him by 4 TD passes.  496.  And Brees is younger. 

True. So how will the recent and current generation of quarterbacks end up especially in this pass happy environment?

Passing TDs are way up this year.

Their 4th WR on depth chart also provided two catches and a TD. Stifle yourselves, it just comes across as pathetic. We gave Gordon 100000000 chances and he didn't deserve anymore. It's really not hard to understand. 

Do you guys also have shrines to your ex-girlfriends? Sometimes you gotta let go, the Browns objectively did the right thing.

11 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Their 4th WR on depth chart also provided two catches and a TD. Stifle yourselves, it just comes across as pathetic. We gave Gordon 100000000 chances and he didn't deserve anymore. It's really not hard to understand. 

Do you guys also have shrines to your ex-girlfriends? Sometimes you gotta let go, the Browns objectively did the right thing.

Exactly...caught 2 passes last night.  BFD.     Time to move on.  He had more than enough chances with the Browns.

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Exactly...caught 2 passes last night.  BFD.     Time to move on.  He had more than enough chances with the Browns.

And it's not just talent or potential, guys like that can be a cancer on a young team........next.

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Funny because I had dreams and visions of Josh playing for bill... Now it's coming to fruition... it pisses me off.. It's typical browns though... it makes me laugh my butt off.. The browns can't catch the football.. but always seems to get rid of the one person that can.. Now Josh will somehow come out of that 500 mile pipe full of $hit and come out smelling like a rose on the other side... Just makes me wonder.. I have always had dreams or visions that have come true in the past... I even dreamt we won a superbowl.. I'm still waiting for that one...

Remember cutting Willie Snead and Taylor Gabriel?  Heck, I loved that guy Jordan Leslie, but we cut him as soon as he got hurt.  I think the guy is still unsigned.  

3 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Remember cutting Willie Snead and Taylor Gabriel?  Heck, I loved that guy Jordan Leslie, but we cut him as soon as he got hurt.  I think the guy is still unsigned.  

I liked Taylor Gabriel.. Willies Snead I vaguely remember.....

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

I liked Taylor Gabriel.. Willies Snead I vaguely remember.....

Oh, you'll remember him come Sunday.  He's one of the Ravens' best receivers now.  

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

We may ask:   Who is going to be the first  1000 TD QB!!  

nflpinball2.gif

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Oh, you'll remember him come Sunday.  He's one of the Ravens' best receivers now.  

Good for them...

8 hours ago, Zombo said:

We gonna analyze every catch this guy makes for the rest of his career? We know how talented he is more than anybody.

He wouldn't ever fully commit to being a Cleveland Brown.

Shmuck him.

I feel like Gordon and Manziel wasted a big chunk of my life this decade.

I want to root for guys that are committed to being Cleveland Browns. I wanna root for Jarvis Landry and Baker Mayfield .... c'mon Sunday!

Z

Z is right, Johnny and Josh both f#$%ed us. They were never committed. Ain't even worth it wasting time on them now.

Dorsey is changing the culture, and Landry and Baker want to change the culture and win.

28 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Z is right, Johnny and Josh both f#$%ed us. They were never committed. Ain't even worth it wasting time on them now.

Dorsey is changing the culture, and Landry and Baker want to change the culture and win.

This so much. Given the choice between Johnny and Josh or Baker and Jarvis I'm going with Baker and Jarvis 10 times out of 10

18 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

This so much. Given the choice between Johnny and Josh or Baker and Jarvis I'm going with Baker and Jarvis 10 times out of 10

I’m just upset we gave away a 5 star caliber receiver on his last straw for 5th rounder.

Imo it should’ve been a 3rd rounder at very least, Josh needed New England, and the Patriots needed Gordon bad. 

Bittersweet to see the guy potentially revive his career in the perfect environment

Hey Zombo.....close this thread. I don't want to read about the past. If he works out for someone else, whoncares. I don't think he needs to be a discussion any more.

Hey Zombo.....close this thread. I don't want to read about the past. If he works out for someone else, whoncares. I don't think he needs to be a discussion any more.

32 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I agree with you Ghoolie... for once. The problem is if we don't leave this thread open every time he makes a catch there will be a threat about him but that must just be because we have a a predisposed love for Baylor players (hint hint Woody LOL)

Archived