THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take Barkley and Gordon on Sunday and you can have May-never-see-the-field and Rashard Higgins- wonder who would win? lol

Just now, PoeticG said:

I'll take Barkley and Gordon on Sunday and you can have May-never-see-the-field and Rashard Higgins- wonder who would win? lol

Who said this?  

Ill take Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith, you can take Mohammed Massaquoi.  Is this how this works?

The flip flopping attitudes crack me up.  Calling for dorseys head now?  Lol.  I guess its part of being a fan...constantly flip flopping.

If you cant see any improvement in the team or talent then you have blinders on.  

This isnt a pain free process.  Patience is a virtue.  Ill prefer to stay positive instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

6 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

The one who won the Superbowl last year and who is now in Seattle with a deal. 

It's cool we don't need good players in Cleveland- we root for the TEAM- lose or tie. 

Ahh, I thought I watched the Super Bowl, I guess I didnt since apparently Kendricks won the game for them.

I actually have zero problem with you liking certain players. And even less problem with looking at a player for his talent level. That is what fans do. Me, while I try to remember to think of the man first and try not to I look at it with a coaches eyes, which isnt nearly as fun.

But what I dont understand, not like I have a real problem with it, is overvaluing players and just completely talking bad about a team you supposedly like. It's just like saying Barkley was the best ever, and now so much about Gordon. They have A LOT of talent, but Barkley cant single handedly win a game (which has been shown), and Gordon cant be relied upon. Yes he played a few games last year, and the 1st game this year. Before that it had been over 2 years, and then he misses last week. 

So in the coaches mind, whether a great or terrible coach, has designs on prep that they put in. And you said how much better he is than the others, which is true, but exactly how do you replace what you have worked on all week when he suddenly cant play, whether 1 game or the year?

Unfortunately, things arent always on who has the most talent. There are a whole lot of other things to consider

10 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Hm, imagine if our first pick of the draft was actually playing on Sunday instead of watching helpless from the sideline like Gordon. Sheet, we should just release Baker since we can't trust him to win games or show up on gameday. It's not like we're paying him millions of dollars to watch Tie-rod lose on Sunday... oh, wait....

Why are you all so hell bent on ruining qb's? Baker doesn't need to start as tyrod is plenty capable.  Do you think baker is going to go out and perform substantially better than tyrod as a rookie? Let the f*cking kid develop behind tyrod so when he does start he's actually ready for a change.

1 minute ago, Gunz41 said:

Ahh, I thought I watched the Super Bowl, I guess I didnt since apparently Kendricks won the game for them.

I actually have zero problem with you liking certain players. And even less problem with looking at a player for his talent level. That is what fans do. Me, while I try to remember to think of the man first and try not to I look at it with a coaches eyes, which isnt nearly as fun.

But what I dont understand, not like I have a real problem with it, is overvaluing players and just completely talking bad about a team you supposedly like. It's just like saying Barkley was the best ever, and now so much about Gordon. They have A LOT of talent, but Barkley cant single handedly win a game (which has been shown), and Gordon cant be relied upon. Yes he played a few games last year, and the 1st game this year. Before that it had been over 2 years, and then he misses last week. 

So in the coaches mind, whether a great or terrible coach, has designs on prep that they put in. And you said how much better he is than the others, which is true, but exactly how do you replace what you have worked on all week when he suddenly cant play, whether 1 game or the year?

Unfortunately, things arent always on who has the most talent. There are a whole lot of other things to consider

No there really isn’t.  The Jags are better than the Browns because position by position they have more talent.  Are there positions that are more important, sure, but don’t fool yourself into thinking culture means more than talent.

1 minute ago, onkyoreceiver said:

Per Ian Rappaport, Josh had an MRI on his hamstring today and it's totally fine and he will play/start on Sunday.  How the Shmuck does he get ruled out TWO DAYS ago, and then in TWO DAYS TIME his hamstring is totally fine?

Hue and his power trip. This team HATES him. 

7 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Why are you all so hell bent on ruining qb's? Baker doesn't need to start as tyrod is plenty capable.  Do you think baker is going to go out and perform substantially better than tyrod as a rookie? Let the f*cking kid develop behind tyrod so when he does start he's actually ready for a change.

I’m in the “don’t get Baker killed” camp but if I’m trumpeting best man for the job and Baker is better than Tyrod and still sitting, how is that received in the locker room?

worse yet f he isn’t better than Taylor, what does that say about him

4 minutes ago, onkyoreceiver said:

And his hamstring was totally fine on FRIDAY?  And how the Shmuck do you injure a hamstring at a photo shoot anyhow?

Its cowpoop. 

Gordon was fine at practice Friday, shows up late Saturday, then says he hurt his hamstring, then its fine. 

Just like Gordon's training camp disappearance. 

The guy is a world-class headcase, and it should be obvious that he wanted nothing to do with being a Cleveland Brown. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Its cowpoop. 

Gordon was fine at practice Friday, shows up late Saturday, then says he hurt his hamstring, then its fine. 

Just like Gordon's training camp disappearance. 

The guy is a world-class headcase, and it should be obvious that he wanted nothing to do with being a Cleveland Brown. 

Maybe he didn't want anything to do with Hue. Shmucking joke butt piece of garbage. Can't inspire, can't lead, can't win. Trash.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Its obvious to everyone except for the fans who don't pay attention to such things and think the Browns should continue to kiss this guys ass.   They're the same people who are blame the team for players leaving as a free agent.

Just now, Mark O said:

Its obvious to everyone except for the fans who don't pay attention to such things and think the Browns should continue to kiss this guys butt.   They're the same people who are blame the team for players leaving as a free agent.

Enablers. 

I'm actually enjoying the butthurt from Gordon fanboys. 

Just now, FALCON7 said:

Brady's magic Dr/guru or whatever will hook Gordon up with "everything he needs"... Those Pats are sneaky shits!

If he tries any the crap he did here he will be gone.  Bellichek dont play around

21 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

No there really isn’t.  The Jags are better than the Browns because position by position they have more talent.  Are there positions that are more important, sure, but don’t fool yourself into thinking culture means more than talent.

Alright, you obviously aren't going to listen to anything anybody says. Which is fine. 

Then what a team needs to do is in the draft take the top 5 LT available, 3 slot receivers, and then sign the top 5 DEs.

Since it is ALL about talent, play all 5 along the line, put 2 of the slots out wide, and run a 4-3 with 4 DE and 1 at MLB. Since the pass rusher is 2nd most important position, having 5 out there is the best call right

4 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

He is a absurd talent finally on the mend and they trade him to the pats for a 5th. It's moronic.

Guy misses all of training camp with some made up nonsense and then comes up with a made up hamstring injury that magically fixes itself a day or two later when he's traded to New England. Yep, definitely seems rehabilitated and ready for great things. 

You are a Steelers fan pissed that New England got him. 

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Grow the Shmuck up.

So you don't think we could have done a better job of keeping these guys areound a little longer??

TJ Ward we could of had.. could of made him a lucrative offer but no we downgraded to Donte Whiter...

Mack too. Those guys should still be here!!

Bodden was traded for an overweight DT who liked to hide guns in his carry-on

Jordan Cameron or Barnidge were good when healthy.. maybe that was a stretch..

Sean Jones was solid. Would pick off 4-5 passes a year and rake in 100 tackles or thereabout.

Benjamin was reliable on ST.. more so than Peppers..

Shelton is a run stuffer.. could of provided great depth... Run defense is pedestrian against good backs..

Gabriel should of at least stayed for a year or two longer... 

I love this fuking team..but the decisions we make are why we can't be consistent..

It's good that we have a "core" of veterans now.. I'll give Dorsey that..

But I hate this trade...

Love the Browns, hate these decisions..

4 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

Wait until he puts up 1600 yards with a real QB and then you'll see why he was our best playmaker..

If he does, great- it will be the first time since 2013- five years ago.  

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Dorsey and Hue both were pissed that Gordon went and got treatment. They couldn't look like real men cutting him while he was away, they harbored that animosity and let it show today. They are vengeful and ill tempered little bitches, and they proved it with their latest act of treason. 

Looks like he didn't really need treatment. You're not going to like- or believe this Po, but come Saturday, the game plan for the Saints was already drawn up, it obviously involved a lot of Gordon. He's totally fine at practice Friday, then he shows up late for a team meeting Saturday and complains he's got a hamstring owie. It's not Rocket Science to figure out Hue and Haley were mighty pissed off at him. Regardless of your talent level, you just can't keep giving Josh unlimited mulligans. He  was allowed to skip training camp, and apparently wanted to skip the Saints game too. If they thought he was high- as Mark said, he's one strike away from a forever ban. There's also unconfirmed reports he missed training camp because he had a relapse. 

3 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Goodness, I think a lot of you are only on here to complain about anything. 

Everyone kept on saying "screw Gordon" they should have got rid of him a long time ago, he is never here, etc. Then they do, and now the organization is the dumbest ever? Make up your minds.

So we got rid of him because he was late and had a minor injury? No, they got rid of him for a continuing myriad of problems. At some point, it just gets to be too much. We even have people on here "reporting" he was under the influence of something. But now 48 hours later because he was traded, that is forgotten. And I am not talking bad about Gordon the player or man. 

But the ultimate kicker to me is when you constantly rag on a player, over and over and over, then turn around and say how bad it was that they got rid of the player. Now he is going to have some phenomenal success in NE. That success must be coming with the backup QB, since 2 years ago the starter, Mr. Tom Brady was FINISHED. He then went on to win a Super Bowl, win an MVP, and go to another SB, where he set records.

I wont name any names, and I am sure everyone can read between the lines. 

What is HILARIOUS though. "This board means nothing to me, yet I come comment every day." "The Browns are terrible and arent even the Browns since 99, but I have to post about them." "This guy and that guy complain about me and want to dictate what I post and censor me." I make an offer to buy the board for a team I care nothing about, and if I buy it those guys will be banned permanently.

Or ironic. "I am the best football mind and prognosticator on the planet." But when I am called out on my stupid assessments or proven wrong, all I do is throw hate filled messages or dont respond.I

"If the Browns win the Super Bowl, I won't care" but I want to own the BROWNS board.

As for the rest of the complainers, whether it is this topic or a lot of the others. Why would you want to continue to waste your time complaining about everything? What does that really do for you? 

Moderators, PLEASE dont delete this certain posters reply. I want to see how they can actually try and explain away these complete opposite stances.

God Bless

You have a better memory than I do Gunz- thanks for putting it in perspective. Mark got tired after one day deleting some of you know who's BS, but he's on notice- that sort of crap will get deleted without warning. 

27 minutes ago, onkyoreceiver said:

Per Ian Rappaport, Josh had an MRI on his hamstring today and it's totally fine and he will play/start on Sunday.  How the Shmuck does he get ruled out TWO DAYS ago, and then in TWO DAYS TIME his hamstring is totally fine?

Because it was bogus all along. I'll buy the conspiracy theory Gordon made it up because he was on something. 

31 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

He is a absurd talent finally on the mend and they trade him to the pats for a 5th. It's moronic.

So when is your RB going to sign and show?  We let loose of our baggage.

It's like hanging on to a chick who cheats, lies and is not reliable.  For four years too long.

51 minutes ago, hoorta said:

If he does, great- it will be the first time since 2013- five years ago.  

Looks like he didn't really need treatment. You're not going to like- or believe this Po, but come Saturday, the game plan for the Saints was already drawn up, it obviously involved a lot of Gordon. He's totally fine at practice Friday, then he shows up late for a team meeting Saturday and complains he's got a hamstring owie. It's not Rocket Science to figure out Hue and Haley were mighty pissed off at him. Regardless of your talent level, you just can't keep giving Josh unlimited mulligans. He  was allowed to skip training camp, and apparently wanted to skip the Saints game too. If they thought he was high- as Mark said, he's one strike away from a forever ban. There's also unconfirmed reports he missed training camp because he had a relapse. 

You have a better memory than I do Gunz- thanks for putting it in perspective. Mark got tired after one day deleting some of you know who's BS, but he's on notice- that sort of crap will get deleted without warning. 

Because it was bogus all along. I'll buy the conspiracy theory Gordon made it up because he was on something. 

Then he shouldve been tested , right then and there...

...Aaaaand- Landry has a knee injury. Maybe he's trying to fake his way off the roster as well. Hue lost the team. Finish him Haslam, end him! 

2 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

...Aaaaand- Landry has a knee injury. Maybe he's trying to fake his way off the roster as well. Hue lost the team. Finish him Haslam, end him! 

Link?

Archived