THE BROWNS BOARD

Ian Rapoport says coaching change may happen soon.

Dick Mellon

Ian Rapoport just posted, 7:00AM Eastern that he is expecting a coaching change in Cleveland if things don't correct themselves on the offensive side of the ball soon.  I'm interpreting, "soon," and meaning later today in Pittsburgh. 

He does not know if the change will be Hue or Haley.

The main reason that Haley was non-renewed in Pittsburgh was because he was difficult to get along with.

My vote is to say goodbye to Hue.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000978793/article/change-could-be-coming-aimed-at-fixing-browns-dysfunction

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From our @nflnetwork Gameday Kickoff Show: The #BrownsCLEBrowns18.png spent the week trying to fix their issues of dysfunction. If it's not resolved, change is coming.

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Our last six head coaches all got fired after losing a stealer game. And it’s not like there’s a record or a leg to stand on for hue. If he loses today we just might see mularky brought in to finish the season. No matter what though, this crap gotta stop!

If the change is for Mularky it is going to be from bad to bad.

2 hours ago, darren15 said:

Browns spent the week trying to fix the issues of dysfunction ........ how can you fix 3 seasons of dysfunction in 1 week ...

Jimmy and Dorsey will pinpoint the source of the disfunction and remove it. 3-35 says it's Hue.

2 hours ago, darren15 said:

Browns spent the week trying to fix the issues of dysfunction ........ how can you fix 3 seasons of dysfunction in 1 week ...

imo, it starts every Monday when Dorsey speaks to HueJax 1st before Hue speaks to Media..Seems Hue was whistling a different tone than Sundays post game presser.. 😚🎶

We are not bringing in a coach from the outside like Mularky with an entire different system in the middle of the year.

Sounds like Hue goes or Haley goes ... or we win. If we fired Hue in th emiddle of the season, we promote an interim (Haley?) and I'm not sure what that accomplishes.

So let's win. And worry about the next head coach after the season.

Zombo

we are sooooo freaking close. Need another wr that can get open/dominate plays, and CATCH the ball... or two.

and upgrade the offensive line - maybe add one more star lb...

and this team goes to the playoffs at least. I'm not sure coaching is the problem.

But if Dorsey does make the change - then it's the right move.

Dorsey KNOWS football.

12 minutes ago, Zombo said:

If we fired Hue in th emiddle of the season, we promote an interim (Haley?) and I'm not sure what that accomplishes.

It allows you to kick the tires.  Like a prolonged test drive.

1 minute ago, LBC mike said:

Who is the assistant head coach.  He was an nfl head coach before.

Do you mean Senior Offensive Assistant Al Saunders?

Yes, 71 year old Al was the Chargers head coach in the 80's. And he's a Hue guy.

I really don't see us turning this thing over to asistants for the rest of the year, they will ride Hue and make any necessary changes after the season, or toward the very end of the season, IMO.

Zombo

1 hour ago, finger Mellon said:

Ian Rapoport just posted, 7:00AM Eastern that he is expecting a coaching change in Cleveland if things don't correct themselves on the offensive side of the ball soon.  I'm interpreting, "soon," and meaning later today in Pittsburgh. 

He does not know if the change will be Hue or Haley.

The main reason that Haley was non-renewed in Pittsburgh was because he was difficult to get along with.

My vote is to say goodbye to Hue.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000978793/article/change-could-be-coming-aimed-at-fixing-browns-dysfunction

If it is Haley that gets scapegoated - the Ken Zampese that really struggled in the OC capacity in Cincy last year probably isn't the solution any more than the 1-31 Hue is in that capacity.   Not that Haley's play calling has consistently delivered the warm fuzzies.  That said, if we're asked to have patience with 1-31 football - I think we can at least acknowledge all of the newbies trying to hit the ground running on a new playbook.  In saying such a thing I should give examples of all the new players joining this team on the offensive side of the ball in 2018:  Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb, Carlos Hyde, Darren Fells, Baker Mayfield, Tyrod Taylor, Antonio Callaway, Desmond Harrison, Chris Hubbard, Breshad Perriman, Derrick Willies, Damion Ratley.  That's a lot of newbies and influx to hit the ground running with.

If there's another power struggle scapegoat here - it's going to get even more difficult to overlook the HC's inability to play well with others.  The sequel of Co-exist vrs Co-exhaust has me eggs-hausted. 

The biggest reason I've been resistant to changing 1 more HC is it means all of the philosophies building momentum on defense and on offense get purged out to ground level.  That also means some guys that have progressed well in this specific system may not be compatible to the next.  Above all, this team is playing their tails off which tells me they believe in their coaches throughout the growing pains of a young team coming together. If that's not enough, we still have the SAME Owner in charge of upgrading what he just fired making Hue strike 3 on that one unless we count the leadership Jimmy hired at Pilot.  If Haley gets scapegoated today - I have run out of reasons to defend Hue. 

That leaves me trying to get all warm and fuzzied with Jimmy deciding between Ken Whisenhunt, Rex Ryan, Simon Cowell and Captain Kangaroo as our next HC.  Yay?

29 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Do you mean Senior Offensive Assistant Al Saunders?

Yes, 71 year old Al was the Chargers head coach in the 80's. And he's a Hue guy.

I really don't see us turning this thing over to asistants for the rest of the year, they will ride Hue and make any necessary changes after the season, or toward the very end of the season, IMO.

Zombo

I would not want to see either Haley nor Williams be an interim head coach so I think a guy like Saunders could be the right choice for that job if it happens

29 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Screw Rapoport & his 'may' 5am media driven drama BS..Beat the F'n Squealers in their house!! now back to my breakfast 🥞    

This ^

Let's get it on!

Zombo

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport suggests Browns OC Todd Haley is in danger of being fired if the team's struggling offense does not improve.

Per Rapsheet, the team's recent struggles on offense have led to "dysfunction" within the organization. Specifically, there seems to be a disagreement over play-calling with coach Hue Jackson vowing to be more involved in that area after previously giving OC Todd Haley full autonomy over the offense. Cleveland's front office is getting antsy and according to Rapoport, "change is expected to come" if the Browns don't fix their current offensive woes. Haley, who was let go by Pittsburgh last season after feuding with QB Ben Roethlisberger, could be coaching for his job on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

We are not bringing in a coach from the outside like Mularky with an entire different system in the middle of the year.

You have to absolutely love it when you have posters who constantly post the same thing over and over - for example how Hue needs fired and how horrible he is - and then they finally expand upon their one thought and offer up such a stupid idea of biblical proportions like that. 

More Rap-💩 steaming BS.."recent struggles".I luv me some Zampese & Haley cause they have no fear questioning this HC..Reference Hard Knocks, than tell me where in this offense part-time group, has Either Haley or Sampese got any chance of getting any "much needed same player reps"? Zulch,0.0!! Reading a lot of these players comments. They have a chance to grow into a team of men closing a game today..Even better the media can open their eyes on our favorite team again..Go Browns!!  

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

we are sooooo freaking close. Need another wr that can get open/dominate plays, and CATCH the ball... or two.

and upgrade the offensive line - maybe add one more star lb...

and this team goes to the playoffs at least. I'm not sure coaching is the problem.

But if Dorsey does make the change - then it's the right move.

Dorsey KNOWS football.

As long as Hue is the HC we will never be close to anything.

Hue Jackson 2016 "we will fix these penalties"

Archived