THE BROWNS BOARD

Ian Rapoport says coaching change may happen soon.

Dick Mellon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

we are sooooo freaking close. Need another wr that can get open/dominate plays, and CATCH the ball... or two.

and upgrade the offensive line - maybe add one more star lb...

and this team goes to the playoffs at least. I'm not sure coaching is the problem.

But if Dorsey does make the change - then it's the right move.

Dorsey KNOWS football.

We had a game changing WR but he got traded for some crayons and a coloring book..

Just now, domcucch1994 said:

That's all in the past..

He's going to be a game changer with Brady throwing him the ball...

Certainly much better than the losers we have playing WR..

So he's a suddenly reliable hero for not choosing to play in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 when the ONLY franchise that said we believe in you couldn't count on him?  Sorry, I can't buy the same quick sand...

2 minutes ago, Flugel said:

So he's a suddenly reliable hero for not choosing to play in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 when the ONLY franchise that said we believe in you couldn't count on him?  Sorry, I can't buy the same quick sand...

Dude had addiction issues.. 

But now that his mind his right. He's back to business

Unless we add a big, fast WR or another speedster like DeSean Jackson we won't score alot..

6 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Dude had addiction issues.. 

But now that his mind his right. He's back to business

Unless we add a big, fast WR or another speedster like DeSean Jackson we won't score alot..

Why don't you research physical dependency of THC before getting back to me on how many consecutive years 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 is before we correctly identify who the villain was in this one?  I'll give you a hint though - Cleveland was the one franchise said we believe in you throughout that length of time.  He boned us BIG time.  It's up to you to get that.  I can't help you...

13 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Why don't you research physical dependency of THC before getting back to me on how many consecutive years 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 is before we correctly identify who the villain was in this one?  I'll give you a hint though - Cleveland was the one franchise said we believe in you throughout that length of time.  He boned us BIG time.  It's up to you to get that.  I can't help you...

Haha physical dependancy on THC?

He was doing other things too... Coke, alcohol, etc. Not just weed..

1 minute ago, BaconHound said:

Does it really matter when you have considerably less talent?  Please tell me what Dorsey has done outside of Ward.

Youngest of all 32 teams, average age 24+ yeah it matters -but- they have a core just need another good draft year. That's all. 

1 minute ago, BaconHound said:

Who’s the core?  Other than Ward and Garret everyone they have is average.

Young guys like Mayfield, Landry, Chubb (with help) and a few more. It still is a team game they need more pieces to come together.

15 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Young guys like Mayfield, Landry, Chubb (with help) and a few more. It still is a team game they need more pieces to come together.

you are correct sir and what will help the most ? well for starters show hue the damn door

im predicting now everyones gone st the end of the year, including williams. I dont care anymore, change coaches every 3 to 4 games...im serious. Let us call plays....let us draft players. I promise you all we could do far better at player acquisition than these fuk sticks. Every move ive questioned for over 10 years it turns out im damn near batting a thousand. How is that possible thst paid professionals some of whom also played, can be this inept?

47 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Haha physical dependancy on THC?

He was doing other things too... Coke, alcohol, etc. Not just weed..

Eggs actly!  Thank you!   Not the kind of guy to count on moving forward like I tried to tell you... 

Just now, Flugel said:

Eggs actly!  Thank you!   Not the kind of guy to count on moving forward like I tried to tell you... 

Look I know he's gone.. and sure he wore out his welcome here..

But if this was the plan all along, it should of been done along time ago..

I just hope we get a big time playmaker heading into the offseason

Just now, domcucch1994 said:

Look I know he's gone.. and sure he wore out his welcome here..

But if this was the plan all along, it should of been done along time ago..

I just hope we get a big time playmaker heading into the offseason

Me too!  

FWIW, the plan was to get him back, which happened. The plan wasn't to hear he also got a soft tissue injury (not on our practice field) to enable him to keep missing practices here. Someone finally put their foot down.  Remember when he returned to our 6-4 team in progress in 2014 after assuring us we'd see the best version of him ever?  He played 1 memorable game that got us to 7-4 before reverting back to taking plays off and caring just enough to get suspended by our coaching staff for the final game.   IMO, what a way to kick the ONLY team that said we believe in you right between the lookers with a steel toe.

Yeah, NE has the surrounding talent to roll the dice on him and even allow him to sand bag missing practices to the alleged injury for as long as he doesn't want to practice there.

I  hope we get a big play maker too!  

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Baker, jury is still out but seeing him at OU for multiple seasons I don’t think he’s anything but an average starting QB in the NFL.

Landry is a #2 possession receiver the Dolphins didn’t want.

Chubb is a complimentary piece not a cornerstone i.e. Zeke, Gurley

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

I imagine Haley is out. He is no good if he is not calling the plays. He got one last chance and we had a magical 166 yards of offense before garbage time.

Are you that sure that is on Haley?

Per Hue they had a meeting of the minds this week...

... and you know that's gotta leave a mark.

23 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

That meeting started right there on tape this summer. Hue wants to do it his own f'n way so there was no meeting of minds, just dictation. And now we see the usual results of this inept HC.

23 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I’m not sure Haley was calling plays today. I didn’t see any triple fake jet sweeps in the red zone offense, or the magical double reverses that lose 20.... 

I guess I did see 5 wide shotgun on 1st and goal at the one that lost 10 yards.... 

And Duke Johnson is still sitting in the corner for some reason while the opposing OC shows us how to use a RB in the passing game...

so maybe he was calling plays....?

I'm a Todd Haley guy.  I loved his work at PIT. 

Yeh, he's an asśhole but he puts points up on the board. PIT is still running his offense and putting up points because it's effective.  The Steelers offense has been adjusted and modified into what Ben and the new OC wants to play around with but it's still fundamentally the Todd Haley offense.  There was no adjustment.  Ben is mature enough now to be the real OC.  The Steelers didn't need Todd Haley anymore.

CLE needs him.

I was so happy when he was brought in to PIT.

I still celebrate the day that Bruce Arians was non-renewed.

Archived