THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie Kitchens

darren15

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

I saw this earlier and really liked it, thanks for sharing.  The statistic that absolutely blows my mind (and there's a few to choose from) is that in our last 10 red zone trips, we have TEN FREAKING TOUCHDOWNS.  That literally doesn't even compute.  Do you guys remember last year?  We would've won 3-5 GAMES if we were better in the red zone by just a small margin.  I remember the only way we could get a touchdown in the red zone was to try and get the ball as close to the goal line as possible and have Kizer sneak it in.  That was basically it.  And the turnovers?  OMG...it was awful.  

Nobody truly expects us to continue this torrid pace, or at least they SHOULDN'T, and the true test comes this weekend against the hottest team in the league that is stout on defense, AND will score on you if you're not careful.  They have weapons all over, a mobile QB, and playmakers on defense.  In short, they're a nightmare.  I can't WAIT to see how we stack up against them.  It could just be that I'm so conditioned for us NOT to be "good" that I foresee us struggling this weekend, but I want to be wrong, and it'd be so fun to have a 3 game winning streak AND break the Texans' 8 game streak.  Still, this is one of the games I predicted us to lose, and I don't think there'd be a lot of shame in that....as long as we make them earn it.  If we manage to win, this will be a game our defense steps up.  We should've had a pick-6 on Sunday (damn you Collins!), and it's time we get the defense on the score board.  If we can keep the score low, maybe get a defensive TD, I see us having a pretty decent chance!

Freddie Kitchens has been getting a lot of praise recently, and rightfully so, but he's got his hands full this weekend!  I'll say this though, if we somehow play well again and win the game, Freddie Kitchens might just turn into the hottest OC who could be available after 2018.  If you were a GM and you had a young QB...wouldn't YOU want an OC that took over mid-season and helped a rookie QB light people up?

Of course, if we continue winning and playing well, I don't really see how we could let Kitchens go, but that's a different story.  LOL

Who would have said last year that by this time we would have as OC Cardinals' running back coach and a rookie QB playing lights out under his command. 

Future looks bright.

12 hours ago, Nero said:

Who would have said last year that by this time we would have as OC Cardinals' running back coach and a rookie QB playing lights out under his command. 

Future looks bright.

At the moment though, there's no guarantee that Kitchens or Williams or any of 'em will be back next year.

Kitchens has been using plays from the offense that was installed in the off season and up until H & H were fired....but there's no doubt that he's installed a few of his own things and tossed out some of the 'old' stuff that didn't work and nobody liked.  

It would be quite impressive if the offense excels against the tough defenses coming up these next few weeks.  A DLine like Houston has has the potential to make your offense, including play caller, look less than stellar.  (putting it mildly)  -  I'm scared of what Houston might do to us.......but I can't resist thinking of how good the Browns would look in the football world's eyes if they end Houston's 8 game winning streak...in Houston.  Maan that would be so cool!!

16 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I saw this earlier and really liked it, thanks for sharing.  The statistic that absolutely blows my mind (and there's a few to choose from) is that in our last 10 red zone trips, we have TEN FREAKING TOUCHDOWNS.  That literally doesn't even compute.  Do you guys remember last year?  We would've won 3-5 GAMES if we were better in the red zone by just a small margin.  I remember the only way we could get a touchdown in the red zone was to try and get the ball as close to the goal line as possible and have Kizer sneak it in.  That was basically it.  And the turnovers?  OMG...it was awful.  

Nobody truly expects us to continue this torrid pace, or at least they SHOULDN'T, and the true test comes this weekend against the hottest team in the league that is stout on defense, AND will score on you if you're not careful.  They have weapons all over, a mobile QB, and playmakers on defense.  In short, they're a nightmare.  I can't WAIT to see how we stack up against them.  It could just be that I'm so conditioned for us NOT to be "good" that I foresee us struggling this weekend, but I want to be wrong, and it'd be so fun to have a 3 game winning streak AND break the Texans' 8 game streak.  Still, this is one of the games I predicted us to lose, and I don't think there'd be a lot of shame in that....as long as we make them earn it.  If we manage to win, this will be a game our defense steps up.  We should've had a pick-6 on Sunday (damn you Collins!), and it's time we get the defense on the score board.  If we can keep the score low, maybe get a defensive TD, I see us having a pretty decent chance!

Freddie Kitchens has been getting a lot of praise recently, and rightfully so, but he's got his hands full this weekend!  I'll say this though, if we somehow play well again and win the game, Freddie Kitchens might just turn into the hottest OC who could be available after 2018.  If you were a GM and you had a young QB...wouldn't YOU want an OC that took over mid-season and helped a rookie QB light people up?

Of course, if we continue winning and playing well, I don't really see how we could let Kitchens go, but that's a different story.  LOL

Shoot I still remember more than 1 time in the red zone, Kizer threw a pass to Britt, ball bounces off his freaking CHEST and in to a defenders hands smh.  This is a brand new year, but always GO BROWNS!

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Loved the way Freddie stood up for Baker yesterday  ...

Z

If your simply a football fan of the Browns? You root for Dorsey to keep a spot in the organization for guys like Freddie Kitchens..

He may cost Ken Zampese or Al Saunders a job? But ya keep personal that has your town, 53 players & Cleveland fans backs..Thanks Z, i missed this till now..  

On 11/28/2018 at 11:53 PM, Orion said:

Kitchens has been using plays from the offense that was installed in the off season and up until H & H were fired....but there's no doubt that he's installed a few of his own things and tossed out some of the 'old' stuff that didn't work and nobody liked.  

It would be quite impressive if the offense excels against the tough defenses coming up these next few weeks.  A DLine like Houston has has the potential to make your offense, including play caller, look less than stellar.  

Most teams use the same plays, they just have different terminologies in different systems. 

Kitchens is doing a much better job calling the plays and it’s clear the offense is confident in the plays being called.

It will be important for Baker and the offense to play turnover free ball. We cannot give any easy points to Deshaun Watson and that offense(Lamar Miller looks to be a problem)

I think Callaway and Perriman can outrun Houston’s secondary(was banged up a few weeks ago against Miami) . Landry And Njoku to feast in the middle of the field.

5 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Kitchens is doing a much better job calling the plays and it’s clear the offense is confident in the plays being called.

And that's because he's calling plays that they like.

Remember when he took over, he asked the offense what plays they thought they ran well and which ones they thought they ran poorly?  That was smart.  Right off the bat he's got the players on his side.  And if he follows up with not calling the 'bad' plays in games, he then has their trust.  -  The players have confidence in the plays and execute them well, he has their trust and respect, they start moving the chains and wind up with 10 red zone appearances and 10 TD's resulting.  snowball affect

Although I think the Texans are ripe for a letdown week (they have Indy next week) I don't think they'll take us lightly.  Baker has put the team on the map by soundly winning the last two games, setting rookie passer rating records and being named rookie of the month.  We've gained some respect in the media.  And instead of looking 'in turmoil' with the firing of the HC & OC, we look like we jettisoned the anchors we've been dragging.  I think the world knows that we are NOT the Browns of the last two years.  -  Having said that, if Houston doesn't fall asleep, their pass rush will be too much for us and their offense will be on the field a lot.  I'm afraid. 

Also when you watch Baldinger's clip you get pissed at how incompetent and nonsensical both HueJax and Haley were at both creating and calling plays.

Browns coaching history the last decade shows why "conventional wisdom" of which coaches are good has sucked very hard.  Happens to many teams -- the only person in the world who couldn't see for the last decade that Jeff Fisher was terrible was his boss.

Archived