THE BROWNS BOARD

Defense Secretary Mattis 'retiring' at end of February

DieHardBrownsFan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Byzantine_Empire#Leonid_dynasty

The Arabs, now firmly in control of Syria and the Levant, sent frequent raiding parties deep into Asia Minor, and in 674–678 laid siege to Constantinople itself. The Arab fleet was finally repulsed through the use of Greek fire, and a thirty-years' truce was signed between the Empire and the Umayyad Caliphate.[

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

This is high school.history

So is George Washington chopping down the cherry tree and Abe Lincoln walking 5 miles to return a book.

But yes a few civilizations including the Romans Greeks Chinese  Etc had extremely high peaks of enlightenment which are, as you should admit, somewhat fluid. I wouldn't say most people in the modern day Middle East are at the top of that Hill today.

WSS

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Clev, you can’t claim that you are some ME history guru then at the same time claim this info is highschool history.

Also, the region may have been enlightened at one point but those days are long gone and far predate US involvement.

1) i didnt claim i was a history guru, my point about it being HS history was to ellucidate that this ISNT some obscure time in history people know little about. In fact the basics of medical anatomy the british are often credited with fiscovering, actually came from the doctors in egypt. Where the british doctors went to study.

2) As to ur second point, did i insinuate the ME wasnt a current dumpster fire? I was responding to someones erroneous assertion that the middle east has been in perpetual war for millions of years...🙄

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

My point should be clear. Things change Empires and great societies rise and fall. 

WSS

I didnt assert otherwise. There was a time in Islam when they were the academic center of our universe. Modern kniwledge of human anatomy came from Alexandria and the Brirish doctors wesrern society gives credit for certain disciveries, they studied in egypt.

But to.their discredit, the fundamentalist muslims destroyed that. They were very likely responsible fir burning down the great library. Fundamentalist "anything" is a ngr that needs avoided at all costs.

14 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I didnt assert otherwise. There was a time in Islam when they were the academic center of our universe. Modern kniwledge of human anatomy came from Alexandria and the Brirish doctors wesrern society gives credit for certain disciveries, they studied in egypt.

But to.their discredit, the fundamentalist muslims destroyed that. They were very likely responsible fir burning down the great library. Fundamentalist "anything" is a ngr that needs avoided at all costs.

I don't agree at all. I think economic situations proximity of War Etc will cause people to get crazy. Oftentimes they take that craziness and projected through the prism of religion and use it as an excuse. Like some of the people who use Christianity to Badger people who don't want  the borders overrun by  immigrants from third world shitholes . But just being Fundamentalist it's no big deal. Not my cup of tea but for the most part fundamentalists I know are fine people. Most rank-and-file Church doors are not Fundamentalist. And I don't personally know anybody who actively follows the Old Testament with violence towards non-believers. Amish Seventh Day Adventist Foursquare gospel even Jehovah Witnesses seem like decent folks as far as I can tell.

WSS

7 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, meme and text

U should prob be made aware that Grant and the dude on the right may very well have more in common than u think....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2016/08/08/inside-cary-grants-secret-life-with-men/amp/

I hope u can get some sleep tonight despite this seusmic revelation about ur dapper, well dressed hero u seem to idolize. 

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Make America Great Again! 😘😂

rock-hudson-head-shot-272x334.jpg

The "Rock" LOL.  In 1975 I had just gotten out of Naval training school in San Diego and was reporting to my ship stationed in Long Beach Ca which was in dry dock. I thought something was odd when the bus pulled into the Long Beach Naval Station and the sign said San Francisco Naval Station.. When I got off the bus I went to report in and I saw this Admiral coming at me all decked out in gold so I gave him my best salute and he just scowled back at me. When I went around the corner I saw all the cameras and they were filming an episode of McMillan and Wife and the admiral I saluted was Rock Hudson. This was back when nobody had heard of AIDS or that Hudson was gay.

So Trump is making him leave January 1 instead, really stupid.

Fox News

3 mins · 

Breaking News: Defense Secretary James Mattis will be leaving his post on January 1, weeks ahead of his initially announced exit of February. President Donald J. Trump announced in a tweet Sunday morning that "Deputy Secretary of Defense, Patrick Shanahan, will assume the title of Acting Secretary of Defense starting January 1, 2019."

5 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

So Trump is making him leave January 1 instead, really stupid.

Fox News

3 mins · 

Breaking News: Defense Secretary James Mattis will be leaving his post on January 1, weeks ahead of his initially announced exit of February. President Donald J. Trump announced in a tweet Sunday morning that "Deputy Secretary of Defense, Patrick Shanahan, will assume the title of Acting Secretary of Defense starting January 1, 2019."

What a baby....

Patrick Shanahan ->

No military experience

No government experience

Former Boeing executive

Limited foreign policy experience

Non Cheetos Jesus Christ.

Ya'll might want to tap the Brakes on this one a bit   .   .   .  

image.png.bf8129fc7d74b074fbd8a967db72e26d.png

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/23/patrick-m-shanahan-new-sec-defense/

Two advanced Degrees from MIT - guy's no slouch.

image.png.b780b08914d011e5a699a0e68569f0ad.png

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/feb/24/business/fi-sunprofile24

Also keep in mind, Boeing does some pretty hush hush (Boeing Phantom Works) type of work for the DoD.

As for Mattis leaving early, that is interesting   .   .   .   General Kelly is also supposed to be out by year end.

Accelerated timeline ?

Keep in mind, these are not going to be long term positions if you haven't figured that out yet.

Is the amount of turnover in this Administration like any other you've seen ?

Good or bad, these folks are here to do a job then they're out and someone else is in to do a different job.

New game.

So now advanced degrees are in eh? And not a lick of military exp on that resume or am i not seeing it? A boeing enginerr for sec of defense? I mean, is this for real? Did we critisize the tillerson pick for this very reason and, well, we know what happened there......

I mean trump is lost, utterly.

DH, all bullshit aside....are u ok with a def sec that never even went through boot camp?

10 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

CJ was of course too much of a coward to tell Mattis that his being replaced early. He had his Secretary of State do it. To have president that is not only a moron, but a scared little bitch too. 

Whether or not you agree with the general and believe that we should keep troops in the Middle East indefinitely for what reason would you keep somebody for two more months who is in complete opposition of the policies you've set?

WSS

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Whether or not you agree with the general and believe that we should keep troops in the Middle East and definitely for what reason would you keep somebody for two more months who is in complete opposition of the policies you've set?

WSS

Soldiers follow orders, it's kind of a requirement of the job. Here hoping the GOP grows some balls and only confirm a qualify person as the new SOD.

This is why you don't elected a draft dodger of the command in chief. "A leopard doesn't change his spots"

13 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Soldiers follow orders, it's kind of a requirement of the job. Here hoping the GOP grows some balls and only confirm a qualify person as the new SOD.

This is why you don't elected a draft dodger of the command in chief. "A leopard doesn't change his spots"

Apparently not all soldiers follow orders.  And neither Bill Clinton nor Barack Obama spent any time in anything close to the military. And W, just barely.

If a soldier finds it impossible to do what the commander-in-chief has asked it's time for him to go.

WSS

11 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Apparently not all soldiers follow orders.  And neither Bill Clinton nor Barack Obama spent any time in anything close to the military. And W, just barely.

If a soldier finds it impossible to do what the commander-in-chief has asked it's time for him to go.

WSS

OBAMA and BILL!!, well then that makes it OK? If a soldier finds it impossible to continue to do stupid things they resign and give the moron in chief time to get a new SOD confirmed. Because having a coward/moron, then a nerd as the two heads of the military is fucking stupid. 

Archived