THE BROWNS BOARD

Callaway

alporcini

Dude showed up BIG today. 

Felt like a breakout game. 

Why has he not been returning kicks/punts all season?

Great hands. 

Some terrific blocks. 

In fact, all of our receivers have become seriously beast blockers since the shakeup. 

If he keeps his nose clean this off season we have a really good prospect on our hands. He’s got better at almost everything since he joined and don’t forget he missed a year of college football ! 

Its only off field stuff that can hurt him really, his ability is clear 

2 hours ago, alporcini said:

In fact, all of our receivers have become seriously beast blockers since the shakeup. 

Tough HCs make for tough players...

Agree on Callaway, but I just can't get over the player Perriman has become. Very bright future for our WR corps.

25 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I thought wr was gonna be a major draft need, now im not so sure. Wr group has come along nicely

Agree... still pieces to add like a pure speed doodlebug and a beast, but the core is there.

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Agree... still pieces to add like a pure speed doodlebug and a beast, but the core is there.

Not 100% sure on this but didnt i hear romo say the ravens have the best secondary in football? I know secondary play feeds on a good pass rush obviously, but if our guys were gettin decent seperation at times on the ravens..mainly calloway and perriman....do they not qualify as speedsters? Again not really sure how fast that ravens secondary is considered to be.

11 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

If he keeps his nose clean this off season we have a really good prospect on our hands. He’s got better at almost everything since he joined and don’t forget he missed a year of college football ! 

Its only off field stuff that can hurt him really, his ability is clear 

This. All of this. Callaway is in stage 1 or maybe even 2 of the substance program. I think it is still stage 1, but he scares me. He's got a real chance to be great, and I'm praying for him. 

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree on Callaway, but I just can't get over the player Perriman has become. Very bright future for our WR corps.

When is Tyreek Hill gonna be a FA?

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/12/30/tyreek-hill-sets-kansas-city-chiefs-time-receiving-record/

13 hours ago, alporcini said:

Dude showed up BIG today. 

Felt like a breakout game. 

Why has he not been returning kicks/punts all season?

Great hands. 

Some terrific blocks. 

He is a gem, good find by Dorsey.

They treated yesterday as a playoff game, that is probably why he was returning kicks. We were thin at WR all year, and he was inexperienced as a returner so they probably wanted him to concentrate on offense. But I think the ball will be in his hands a LOT more next year.

Zombo

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Callaway's footwork has really come a long way over the course of the season.    Needs to add strength though.  Jimmy Smith straight up handled him at times yesterday.

I suppose any aspect of someone’s game can and should improve over the course of a season, but l recall he was the first guy who caught one of those nifty toe touch sideline passes in a preseason game that we ended up seeing multiple times the rest of the season from Baker. I was pretty impressed by that considering his whole not playing football last year and the 1 foot vs. 2 feet rule from college to pros.

He has been an invaluable asset. I hope he keeps serious and doesnt do anything funny.

On that corcern, I love that he is a silent guy, does his job and almost doesn't speak. Let your play speak for yourself.

25 minutes ago, Nero said:

He has been an unvaluable asset. I hope he keeps serious and doesnt do anything funny.

On that corcern, I love that he is a silent guy, does his job and almost doesn't speak. Let your play speak for yourself.

I know English is not your first language.   I think what you meant was an "invaluable" asset.   An "Unvaluable" asset would mean he would have little to no worth...and I know that is not what you meant.

On 12/30/2018 at 10:58 PM, Tour2ma said:

Good stuff!  I think with Perriman his first hurdle was the PCL injury during the learning which put him behind.  Then I think he put a lot of pressure on himself to prove he was a 1st round talent and developed a reputation for the dropsies.

The change of scenery worked well for the guy. Lucky for him and Robinson, they never quit despite their early struggles. Some of Robinson's offensive line peers have said "there's a reason he was a high pick."  I read that last week on www.clevelandbrowns.com.

Robinson had some HUGE blocks Sunday, and he probably played his best overall game against the Broncos, if it wasn't against the Ravens. I'll put it to you this way, he made himself a lot of money this year. Left Tackle isn't exactly a position of abundance! Perriman is fighting Robinson for "feel good story" of the year, and how sweet was it to see him grab that TD against the team that cut him? Priceless, and a testament to his hard work. 

Archived