THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Kareem Hunt

tiamat63

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK....but Vagitron made it out like  Hunt being released was the only reason he didn't play much last year.

But...I am saying that if you are on an Exempt list....that means you are fucking suspended.  It would be semantics.    A rose by any other name would be just as sweet, a lemon by any other name would be just as sour.

More research Gipper... He was put on the exempt list November 30th, meaning he would have been ineligible the last five games of the 2018 season...  According to Rappoport, the NFL still hasn't finished their "investigation". Seriously- just how long can something like that take?  

Not hard to find the video on TMZ, if you want to make up your mind...  His posse was trying to restrain him- which looks bad, he wasn't listening to common sense...  Mostly shoving, and then kicking the chick on the ground...  

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK....but Vagitron made it out like  Hunt being released was the only reason he didn't play much last year.

But...I am saying that if you are on an Exempt list....that means you are fucking suspended.  It would be semantics.    A rose by any other name would be just as sweet, a lemon by any other name would be just as sour.

you would think that they would take last years games missed into consideration one very cool thing i have not seen mentioned is that we only signed him to a one year contract and after that he is a RFA so will retain his rights 

5 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

Wow. Does this team have no morals or ethics anymore? First they decide to draft a QB who's running from cops and grabbing his stuff and now they are signing a woman beater. 

The moron returns ......

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

Wow. Does this team have no morals or ethics anymore? First they decide to draft a QB who's running from cops and grabbing his stuff and now they are signing a woman beater. 

You are such a fucking **MASK**.  It means that they....just like every single one of the 31 other NFL teams have programs in place for people of talent who have gone off the rail.  They will assist them to get back on the straight track. 

I see Hunt as simple being a mirror reflection of yourself:   You have come in here and have committed aggregious offenses......yet...you are still here being given a chance to redeem yourself.

You should take stock....and see yourself in his situation. 

• Upvote 1

Interesting news... I hope that he can make up for the chance he is given. I'm excited. This could be huge, or a low risk failure.

7 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

What does this mean for Duke Johnson? I have always felt we under used him in the first place and now he will be lucky to get 5 touches a game. What is his trade value a 5th rounder?

I'd say that nowadays Duke is more like a 3rd down RB who sometimes runs the ball. I'll never complain about having too many good players in a group...

15 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

What does this mean for Duke Johnson? I have always felt we under used him in the first place and now he will be lucky to get 5 touches a game. What is his trade value a 5th rounder?

Why trade him? Is there some wrong with having good depth players?

Let's see how long Hunt's suspension is going to be. I'm putting it at 8 games. i think, the browns are going to transition Duke over to WR. He's a perfect slot receiver, a position they need to make stronger. Also, Hillard played really well in the preseason at RB and KR. It wouldn't surprise me to see him become the back-up during the suspension, while Duke moves over. Duke can always be the emergency RB, if absolutely necessary. Once Hunt comes back it becomes a 60/40 split in Chubbs favor.  Chubb did play in a RB by committee at Georgia, so it's not as though he isn't used to it working. If anything, it probably prolongs his career a little, not that those guys think about it that way.

47 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

There are things like second chances. Seems you'd rather have a team of Holy Rollers and go 0-16. 

41 minutes ago, darren15 said:

The moron returns ......

Right on schedule...  

Hunt is still facing a possible lengthy suspension.     He will need some time to pick up the offense.  This includes groupings, calls, routes, checks, protections, etc etc.   Good news is he gets the off-season work with the team .... I think?  

If this team is looking to make a playoff run then remember - it's a long season and having more weapons can't hurt.  Duke still has the advantage over Hunt of knowing the offense and being a utility player between the RB and WR room.     For a team that could put even more emphasis on the run and then seeing how involved White and Michel are involved in New England,  I don't see why trading Duke is a foregone conclusion.   You have 2 top 15 talents on your roster and both of them are on their rookie contract.     Money is no reason to show DJ the door, especially right now.  

11 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

I think him and to a lesser extent Baker are scumbags no matter what. 

I divorce my personal feelings from employability concerning most job.  Never asked a waiter if he has had a DWI, never asked a Walmart Clerk if they have a past history of domestic violence and don’t care about NFL players history.  It’s up to the NFL to collectively bargain penalties for actions and employability and if a person is eligible to play, so be it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I think nothing happens until 2020. If Kareem stays clean and we resign to multi-year deal, then Duke probably gets shipped out in 2020. If Kareem screws up we still have Duke. So I wouldn't expect anything to happen with the RBs until 2020 outside of Hilliard being released once Hunt is eligible.

1 minute ago, BaconHound said:

I divorce my personal feelings from employability concerning most job.  Never asked a waiter if he has had a DWI, never asked a Walmart Clerk if they have a past history of domestic violence and don’t care about NFL players history.  It’s up to the NFL to collectively bargain penalties for actions and employability and if a person is eligible to play, so be it.

Agreed ..... you can be awarded with the biggest job in the land  no matter what history you have

24 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

No. I just want good wholesome clean guys on the Browns, not the biggest scumbags that Dorsey can find. 

You're gonna need to find a new sport then snowflake. 

Hunt can help the team win games.  Winning games is the goal of any franchise in the NFL (or any sport for that matter).   Second, people deserve a 2nd chance to prove they learned from mistakes, and third who the hell are any of us to judge what this guy did or didn't do? 

• Thanks 1

Speaking of over/under, I'll set it at 5 pages when PoG jumps in with the  "Oh great, we give up on a troubled dude for simply smoking pot, but then we sign this woman beater.... I'm done with this team, fuck Dorsey."

...... again, I'm taking the under.  

• Haha 2

This is weird to me. I would think he knows he's not the #1 back so why would he come here to compete for reps with Duke? Dukes gotta feel like wtf man? Ive done ecerything u guys asked and now u go get a dude who slaps chicks in cleveland hotels. Weird. I would have preferred a power back to alleviate some of dukes heavy lifting....

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

I don't get it .. Maybe.. but whatever...

He's gonna be 24 years old when the season starts.   He lead the league in rushing and was well on his way this season as well.   If he had just told the Chiefs the truth about this, he's still in KC and they probably win the super bowl with him.   Dorsey has a history with him since he drafted him and all and Dorsey isn't afraid of a little PR issues if he thinks the guy can help the team win games.   No question that Hunt makes the Browns a better team.  

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

He's gonna be 24 years old when the season starts.   He lead the league in rushing and was well on his way this season as well.   If he had just told the Chiefs the truth about this, he's still in KC and they probably win the super bowl with him.   Dorsey has a history with him since he drafted him and all and Dorsey isn't afraid of a little PR issues if he thinks the guy can help the team win games.   No question that Hunt makes the Browns a better team.  

he is going to be a RFA at seasons end and if he play's well couldnt we just tag him and get something in return ?

6 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Could be just a one year rental or who knows could be longer term.  I've not seen what we are paying him at this point.

could be wrong but i believe it's just 1 million