THE BROWNS BOARD

2019 Board Mock: Day 3 - Rounds 4 and 5

Tour2ma

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

The Miami Dolphins are astounded that they are able to select RB Darrell Henderson Memphis in the 5th round. NFL prospect board ranks him as a 2-3 round talent. He is a home run hitter from anywhere on the field. 

I let him go for you and took a chance that like Chubb, Bryce Love will return to Junior year form once recovered from injuries. I think he has the most talent among RBs in this class when 100%.

The Skins select this special fan to announce their 5th rounder (we been there brother) 8jdt.gif   Sure the fanbase knows more than a Skins front office...from Draft scout, this homie finds the 4th rated ILB still on the board.. The REDSKINS select--LB BOBBY OKEREKE- Stanford 🌲    

Now to this special guest East Carolina beauty announcement D5yB.gif   if the non blonde can open a draft card DqTB.gif  but she does know The Panthers need a FS next to SS Eric Reid.                                                                                                                                                                   A big hitter with 4.37 40 should do the job.. Thee PANTHERS select--SHELDRICK REDWINE---Thee U--         

Denver needs an interior lineman so they take Ben Powers OG Oklahoma. Here is a bit from his bio: 

"A consensus All-American at offensive guard ... named a first-team All-American by the AFCA, FWAA, Sporting News and Walter Camp Foundation ... Outland Trophy semifinalist ... a first-team All-Big 12 selection by league coaches and the AP ... an Academic All-Big 12 First Team selection ... member of an OU offensive line unit that won the Joe Moore Award ... started all 13 of his games at left guard ... did not give up a sack ... " 

comeonman on the clock-Tour has my pick for Buffalo.

Got to go out now.

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

The Miami Dolphins are astounded that they are able to select RB Darrell Henderson Memphis in the 5th round. NFL prospect board ranks him as a 2-3 round talent. He is a home run hitter from anywhere on the field. 

Also did not hurt that still overruled my substitute pick...

On 3/22/2019 at 7:00 AM, Tour2ma said:

4.12 - Darrell Henderson (RB - Memphis) - GB ===> Myles Gaskin (RB - Washington) - GB

Lists are up to date...

Fresh PM sent... (the guys actually wiped the prior one out in near record time)...

Comeon is up....

Buffalo goes for a little depth: Chase Hansen OLB Utah - former Parade All-America as an all purpose player. Former Mr. Utah Football HS player.  Excellent athlete first team PAC-12 as a rover position LB first in the PAC-12 and 5th in the nation for Tackles for loss at 22 in 2018. Little known due to far west area that often gets under-covered by TV. But one draft rater has him as the 71st overall best player regardless of position. He can run and tackle in open space and fast enough to get into opposing backfields or cover TEs. He is one I plan to follow in the draft and afterwards. A lot of potential there.

PM sent to Nero on eastern Spain time so he will likely respond relatively soon since it is 530 am there now.

Nothing like waking up to hate your american friends... What a run you guys put up... Bastards. 

I had to lose 40 mins of my precious prework time so I could get this done, so my turn was done before you guys woke up... I'm too kind. 

The Baltimore Ravens select Ryan Finley, QB NC State

The Seattle Seahawks select Mike Bell, S Fresno State

PM sent to next GMs.

Keep sleeping, sweethearts. Keep sleeping.

Shoulda kept sleeping, but woke up a little after 0400... of course I fell asleep on the couch around 2000 last nite... so 8 is enough.

So is it time for Tour's secret OT? Other Texans' needs combined with no one having come close to sniffing out my guy make me think I might get by going another round, but since he's also the highest graded player remaining on my board... why mess around and risk someone else getting lucky?

You Ohio guys are going to be so embarrassed... :P

So without further adue with the 23rd pick in Round 5 of the 2019 BBMD, the Houston Texans select:

Joe Lowery (OT - THE Ohio University Bobcats)

This was a PFF "find". Paging through their draft work among the "who's he?" prospects Joe's spider chart (see below) jumped out and stopped me cold. Little more digging turned up some Pro Day-ish type measurements... 6'7... 310#... runs a sub-5.20 second 40... a lot more digging produced a little tape... still raw, still "grabby", but moldable with the requisite Tour2ma feet.

Not "plug'n'play"... going to struggle some with the leap to the NFL's competition level, but in the end I like his changes of developing into a long-term starter at RT, if not LT... and that made him my OT Sleeper for 2019 (Annual list to be published after our Draft... or at least my picks... are complete)... and that ain't bad for a late, Round 5 kid.

image.png.4e60b790d455f520644a272f12a7c3a0.png

5k4e.gif       3WB4.gif    Your going from Chris Parkey to a PlaceKicker named Chris Blewitt? :o Not a chance in all of Chicago...  Hello Utah meet the windy city... DA BEARS gotta* select K--MATT GAY--this Utah Utes got a leg 🤞   

I know it's a workday but it's been 11 hours since the last pick...

Guys, this is why we push proxies.

Woody, not to make an example of you (but even if I were to, I know you could more than handle it), a look at the thread as early as 0230 EDT would have shown you that you were within 2 picks of being OTC.. That's prime territory for proxying.

This late in the draft the odds of having your eyes on the same prospect as three or four or five GMs ahead of you are long. So a simple primary choice plus a single alternative should more than suffice.

And somewhere in the pack of picks that follow you are at least one of the folks that are around here a lot... me, darren, Ag..

So... proxies... know 'em... love 'em... USE THEM!

Woody has until 1920 EDT (1820 CDT) to post his picks. I will post my picks at that time and the round will roll on per my earlier post.

On 4/7/2019 at 4:36 PM, Tour2ma said:

When the tardy shows they can pick, but all those who have taken since the restart are off the board to them... even if they were simultaneously posting with the next line jumper for the same prospect and miss out by a nanosecond. In other words first post up gets the prospect.

The time I set will vary depending on time of day... In other words we'll wait longer during work hours M-F and overnite stateside.

At some point I/we will have to step in and make a pick for the MIA (Missing in Action) GM... but when???

• Maybe end of a round, but if we were already near the end that's not right to do.
  • Maybe after 24 hours of MIA...
  • Maybe after a certain number of picks? e.g., 16 a//k/a half a "normal round"...

We'll figure that out on the fly.

Why 1920??? It will have been a full twelve hours (plud 3 minutes change) since gumby's stateside pick and I will be going out for the evening at half past.

Almost forgot.... wife is now tapping her foot...

5.27 DAL .............. Tour.... Keene Brown (TE - TX State)

5.28 LAC .............. Tour.... Brian Peavy (CB - Iowa State)

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Sent a PM to MOPAR in case Tour was too much in trouble for one more thing.😂

Appreciate the pick me up... I was...

47 minutes ago, darren15 said:

We need to move this on ....... 

I'd give Mopar about 3 more hours and then skip to the next picker. If neither he nor woody have caught up by tomorrow morning around 8am EDT, I suggest you make woody's and I'll make Mopars for those skipped picks.

CBS Sports top 10 unpicked so far: All of these are within the top 116 players overall which means they are 4th rounders or earlier.

1. Michael Deiter OL Wisconsin

X2. Isaiah Buggs  DL  Bama     

3. Kaden Smith  TE  Stanford

4. Elijah Holyfield  RB  Georgia

X5. Justice Hill  RB  Ok. St.

6. Isaiah Johnson  CB  Houston

7. Rodney Anderson RB  Oklahoma

8. Chris Boyd  CB  Texas 💩👎😂 (hey it's my post so screw 'em).

9. Foster Moreau  TE  LSU (we beat 'em so I won't mess with him 😁)

10. Benny Snell RB Kentucky

X = taken

New Orleans Saints draft a guy who was actually a first round pick in a draft I seen on youtube yesterday and has been projected anywhere from rounds 1-5

BLAKE CASHMAN   LB   Minnesota

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I just sent a PM to woody to catch up.

When we get to end of round tour is making the picks to stop the confusion of jumping rounds so he has probably until tonight :)

Archived