THE BROWNS BOARD

2019 Board Mock: Day 3 - Rounds 4 and 5

Tour2ma

Time!

The Pack has addresssed many "needs" this off-season and so far in our mock, but one stands out to me... RB.

Just think what AR could do with a Kamara or Hunt type back... and I think there is a couple in that vein in this RB class... but one stands out from the crowd.

So with the 12th pick in the 4th Round of our BBMD...

The Green Bay Packers select:

Darrell Henderson (RB - Memphis)

The kid has near perfect scores from PFF excepting blocking which with time can get as good as it will get for a smallish (5'8 - 208#) RB.

EDIT: still came back and had a different RB in mind, so changed pick to his guy...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gum's proxy....

23 hours ago, gumby73 said:

... got my LB bookends put..Panthers---LB Te'von Coney ND beside Luke & Shaq..thanks   

13th Pick of Round 4:

Te'von Coney (LB - ND)

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

tia picks before comeon right?

My error... I meant to say "stillmotion"... :blink: ... and that was for pick 4.12.

Apologies to comeon... :blush:

At noon EDT (1100 CDT) it'll time to pick for still again...

Time!

GB has addressed every "need" at least once... twice at TE and LB... via either FA or this draft, so... fun time.

And of course when Tour thinks of "fun" he thinks OL.

Not giving them my mystery OT, a position where the Pack looks as deep as any team in the league, so Interior OL it is... and when I think Int OL I think Wisconsin.

And there he is...

So with the 16th Pick in the 4th Round of the BBMD, the Green Bay packers select:

Beau Benzschawel (OG - Wisconsin)

tia is on the clock...

Sadly due to the lack of trades in our format the Browns were unable to snag this particular player just a bit lower.   However with the desire to address CB depth we feel strongly about targeting one of the local boys at the position who just needs some patience for rehab and coaching. But shows great promise with a better coaching staff.   In time,  our belief is this pick could blossom into a quality contributor given he is one of the most physically gifted players at this spot in the draft.

With the 4.17 pick in the 2019 Draft, Cleveland Browns select - Kendall Sheffield, CB, THE Ohio State University

Continue picking folks, but FYI since still is back I've offered him the chance to change picks I made for the Pack.

He wanted a different RB and since no one looked that way after Pick 4.12, I will make that change.

As for Pick 4.16, Any picks y'all make before he changes that one, if he changes that one, will stand as your pick... just like the real draft.

So with that Pick 4.12 is now...

Myles Gaskin (RB - Washington)

comeon is now OTC...

I have proxies for both Nero's picks and a name for Ag's pick so standby gumby and woody...

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

As for Pick 4.16, Any picks y'all make before he changes that one, if he changes that one, will stand as your pick... just like the real draft.

Per a PM still is letting pick 4.16 stand as is...

Now.... COMEONMAN!

On 4/7/2019 at 12:53 PM, Tour2ma said:

... just like the real draft.

And that's how we are going from now on...

When someone is long overdue... as comeon is now becoming... I will set a time for the next selector to go and the round begins skipping the tardy party or parties.

When the tardy shows they can pick, but all those who have taken since the restart are off the board to them... even if they were simultaneously posting with the next line jumper for the same prospect and miss out by a nanosecond. In other words first post up gets the prospect.

The time I set will vary depending on time of day... In other words we'll wait longer during work hours M-F and overnite stateside.

At some point I/we will have to step in and make a pick for the MIA (Missing in Action) GM... but when???

• Maybe end of a round, but if we were already near the end that's not right to do.
  • Maybe after 24 hours of MIA...
  • Maybe after a certain number of picks? e.g., 16 a//k/a half a "normal round"...

We'll figure that out on the fly.

So in our current case I'll post Nero's proxies, unless he's back online to do so, at 1900 EDT... that's 7 PM on the east coast for the mathematically challeged non-vets... 6 PM Central...

No idea about Castillo time...

EDIT: My phone alarm is set for 1755 CDT... that's... aw you do the math... ;)

lol... If phone had not been re-alarming during track break, I'd still be tardy myself... We be cranking NIN ATM!

Anywho... thus spake the Nero-meister...

With pick 4.21 the Biltmore Ravens select:

Jalen Jelks, (EDGE - Oregon)

And with pick 4.22 the Seattle Seahags select:

Christian Miller (EDGE - BAMA)

EDIT: Oops... MIller was already off the board at pick 4.18... man this short-term memory thing is a bitch...

Anyway Nero left plenty of options so next on his list is:

Ben Banogu (OLB/edge - TCU)

Take it away Homer... er... I mean Ag... :)

Homer picks just what Denver needs, a TE who can catch TD's. Broncos select Jace Sternberger TE with over 1000 yds receiving and 10 TDs in his only season at Texas A&M under Jimbo Fisher. Jimbo found him, used him well and he will likely go in the 2nd. This is a steal in an area of need for Denver in the 4th round.

Edit-PM sent to gumbo gummy.

Live from Roanoke Rapids,NC boat ramp.!! from the Redneck Yacht Club after loading thee' Boat.. we have smokin' hot Lisa, keying in this pick via my phone (what could go wrongB))..Da'Bears just saw 3 of there 5 targets go down the drain in last 5 picks..So the Bears decide to keep the local Notre Dame banger at 212lbs. with Mike Weber 40 speed of 4.46 in Chicago..good luck, catching Cohen and DA' BEARS select--RB-DEXTER WILLIAMS-- thee' Fighting Irish of South Bend, Indiana 

2 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Doesn’t look like Damien Harris has gone... So the Squeels will take him and the tits will take Anthony Johnson WR Buff

Done.. and apologies for missing this post and besmirching your good(ish) name.

2 hours ago, Comeonman said:

I know I Know. Working all weekend. Usually 13-14 hour shifts 

It happens... just let us know please and use the power of the proxy if the pick is approaching your slot... even several away.

If you send a primary and a backup for each team odds are one will be available... and if they are not your effort will buy more patience.

At least with that kind of OT you'll be able to afford your fines... ;)

After bludgeoning their DL deficiencies to death via FA and the draft to date, the 'Boys turn to their 2ndary needs... literally. Specifically SS which needs shoring up badly.

So with the 26th pick in Round 4 the Dallas Cowboys select:

Malik Gant (SS - The Marshall Thundering Herd)

Kid has a good chance to start as a rookie... great run stopper (PFF's #1 Safety vs. the run) so it's going to be hard to run on this D... and Malik is a better than average cover safety.

Back to you woody... try to keep up...

Like the 'Boys LAC has addressed their DL and now turn to their 2ndary... only they go "free"... Safety that is...

With the 28th pick of Round 4 the LA (still doesn't sound right) Chargers select:

Jacob Huff (FS - Minnesota)

Jacob can improve his tackling, but he's decent there and makes up for deficiencies in that department with strong, instinctual cover skills... a real "nose for the ball" kinda FS...

Well now time to reveal my under the radar player for the year. When you are buried on a bad team, offenses focus on negating you. Buffalo is in need of a 3-tec DT so they take from Kansas University Daniel Wise 6-3 290. Excellent player and 1st team all Big 12. Good chance he goes in the 3rd, so 4th round ain't bad for the Bills.

EDIT: BTW older brother was drafted off of Ark. last year and won a SB ring. You can bet the Pats know about bigger younger brother.

6 minutes ago, darren15 said:

How long you giving ?

Thru lunchtime anyway... workin' folk ya know... :rolleyes:

Archived