THE BROWNS BOARD

It Could Of Been Zeitler The Viking

darren15

Vernon has the performance edge and is nearly three-years younger, but good to learn there were options. I'd be surprised if there were not more...

21 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Vernon has the performance edge and is nearly three-years younger, but good to learn there were options. I'd be surprised if there were not more...

I'm perfectly happy with the Viking we got from that D.👍

More I think on it the more I am confused by what Gettleman and the G-men are doing...

Just a couple years ago they went on a D-side spending spree and left Eli to fend for himself.

Now he's turned his back on the D setting up a need to outscore opponents. And while he's shoring up the OL he trades his best scoring threat.

Barkley's talent is undeniable, but no way can they control the ball and score enough with him to win. At least I don't see it...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

More I think on it the more I am confused by what Gettleman and the G-men are doing...

Just a couple years ago they went on a D-side spending spree and left Eli to fend for himself.

Now he's turned his back on the D setting up a need to outscore opponents. And while he's shoring up the OL he trades his best scoring threat.

Barkley's talent is undeniable, but no way can they control the ball and score enough with him to win. At least I don't see it...

honrstly they might as well trade Barkley too if they're in rebuild. Barkley isnt getting them deep into the plsyoffs and if they can get a "haul" for him they shoukd do it....cause RB's depreciate quick in the NFL. 

If they can get a goid QB in this years draft tho, thsts fine...obviously keep barkley. But if they're looking at getting a QB agsin after next year they oughta trade him and get a shit ton of picks. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Virtually everyone is questioning what Gettelman is up to. In the 2018 QB loaded draft, the Giants were in prime position to take the QB we didn't. Yet they took Barkley instead of Sam Darnold. That move improved their draft position from #2 to #6.  And they still don't have anyone on the roster for their QBOTF.  

You can question if Haskins is a QB prospect equal to Darnold, but will he still be there at #6? Or will they use the #17 they got from the Browns on a second tier guy like Drew Lock?  

So real head scratchers taking Barkley and trading OBJ. They may be doing a minor league version of the the Browns Sashi tank, and the Colts suck for Luck.  At the rate they're going, it could be at least several seasons before they're competitive in the NFC East much less Super Bowl contenders.  

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

honrstly they might as well trade Barkley too if they're in rebuild. Barkley isnt getting them deep into the plsyoffs and if they can get a "haul" for him they shoukd do it....cause RB's depreciate quick in the NFL. 

If they can get a goid QB in this years draft tho, thsts fine...obviously keep barkley. But if they're looking at getting a QB agsin after next year they oughta trade him and get a shit ton of picks. 

As I said above, the Giants have to at least be the favorites to wind up in the NFC East basement, if not in contention for the 2020 #1 overall pick. I agree with your point that RBs have a short shelf life, and Saquon may well be shot by the time they're competitive again. But what's he worth? MHO is the Giants wouldn't get anything more than a first round pick for him.  

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yep, the NFL Net guys on radio have said that earlier this week.

Seems like a "fit"... very similar skill set to Eli's.

20 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

barkley right now would get a haul....if he remsins healthy this season his stock shouldnt go down. 

OK, Saquon- a first, low third, and a Jabril Peppers level player. Maybe not even that much- MHO. Around draft time players on rosters tend to be devaluated. :D  Would anyone want to give up that much?  He might be a generational player, but I argued with PO and Ghoolie for months "generational" running backs aren't necessarily the ticket to the Promised Land. Just ask Adrian Peterson, LaDanian Tomlinson, and Barry Sanders about that. 

Regarding Rosen- the #17 the Giants got from the Browns sounds like fair value. If the Cardinals draft Murray, there's no place on the roster for Josh- and keeping him is a locker room nightmare waiting to happen. 

Archived