THE BROWNS BOARD

Greedy Williams

GuNNerGatSKi

24 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No they didn’t they said there was concerns about his tackling ability and willingness. there’s no fucking concerns about his character. It is your character in issue here pole smoker. Are you writing from jail?

It's a fucking character flaw to not want to do your job because it might hurt to tackle a running back. He also takes plays off with a lot of those being running plays. It's a lack of intestinal fortitude to make the hard play. The guy fell for a fucking reason gipper. Deny it all you want. You should also be ready for the Browns to not even be the best defense in the division. Hell they might be third. The Steelers have led the league in sacks the last two seasons and invested heavily in speed and the secondary. Yet here some of you are thinking you are just gonna run away with the division. It's hilarious.

Your defensive coordinator  also specializes in zone yet Denzel ward and Williams are heavy man corners. Might wanna get that checked and no it's not easy for a man corner to just play heavy zone.

DRC was not only a terrible tackler, but pretty much despised contact.    He ended up being an OK corner - so as long as Greedy can, as Dorsey said, get his "man on the ground"... we might be alright.  There is something for the argument that GW lacks the willingness to blow up somebody or fly down on screens with his hair on fire ala what Peppers would do.   Auburn saw this and there is plenty of evidence at....   @ 00:22      @ 1:29    @ 2:55    @ 3:19    @ 5:35    @ 5:55                 coaches won't draw this up if you're attacking it like one of my all time favorites - Malcolm Jenkins.   If Greedy beat one guy and secured a tackle, the tigers would have been a bit more shy about throwing this screen.

Having said that, playing defense takes a certain mentality.   Mentality is something you develop through experiences and being in a certain environment(s).    The mentality to play as we need Greedy to play will be something he will be exposed to early and often by Wilkes, Baker, Landry, Odell, Randall, Mitchell and Denzel.  "Attitude reflects leadership"     Simply put, you can't be a bitch at the NFL level.   I would expect players and coaches to be in his ear - in the weight room, both on and off the field.     

My dude Liam Neeson said it brilliantly in, what will always be, one of my all time favorite movies...   @ 48 second mark

• Like 1

Wilks is also really heavy zone. Hell he may run more zone than any DC in the NFL. Corners that run a ton of man have big problems playing 10 yards off or more. The Browns are going to have to adjust or Williams is going to be in for a long rookie campaign.

5 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Wilks is also really heavy zone. Hell he may run more zone than any DC in the NFL. Corners that run a ton of man have big problems playing 10 yards off or more. The Browns are going to have to adjust or Williams is going to be in for a long rookie campaign.

From my understanding of Wilkes thus far, I think youre over generalizing his coverage calls and asking for spot zones. 

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

From my understanding of Wilkes thus far, I think youre over generalizing his coverage calls and asking for spot zones. 

He calls a TON of zone. Drop that e on the last name. I don't feel like looking it up but I'm fairly certain he calls more zone than any other DC in the league. I remember reading about it when he was hired and then seeing it reinforced after greedy was drafted. 

Wilks didn't do any favors for pp7 in Arizona either. I hope for The sake of all Browns fans the man adjusts because his schemes will not be friendly to Ward or Greedy. Williams is also almost strictly press man, that's his bread and butter.

Just now, Vagitron said:

He calls a TON of zone. Drop that e on the last name. I don't feel like looking it up but I'm fairly certain he calls more zone than any other DC in the league. I remember reading about it when he was hired and then seeing it reinforced after greedy was drafted. 

Again, I don't think you've versed yourself on the various calls and responsibility differences within his system. You're simply saying MAN... ZONE. You're using very elementary terms and framing that aren't quite accurate.  There is far more to the inner workings of coverage, keys and responsibility than that. I also think you've never watched some of the more modern cover 3 looks being deployed throughout the league.  

Take a peek at some of the things Horton did. Or Dan Quinn and that coaching tree first. 

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I already explained this dip shit but apparently you can't read. I don't spend that much time here nickers.

Yes you do you fucking liar!

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Again, I don't think you've versed yourself on the various calls and responsibility differences within his system. You're simply saying MAN... ZONE. You're using very elementary terms and framing that aren't quite accurate.  There is far more to the inner workings of coverage, keys and responsibility than that. I also think you've never watched some of the more modern cover 3 looks being deployed throughout the league.  

Take a peek at some of the things Horton did. Or Dan Quinn and that coaching tree first. 

I'm not a football noob. I know how coverage works and wilks runs more zone schemes than anyone else in the NFL. Google it.

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Yes you do you fucking liar!

Nickers I go months without posting. The only reason I'm even here now is because I got in a couple arguments and the threads are still alive. 

You say this but make zero effort to read about said concerns. Instead you just deny, deny, deny and hope people forget about it. Cal knows something about that over on the political board.

I have absolutely no fucking concerns over the potential greedy Williams. He will either be good or we will be not so good but there’s nothing for me to be concerned about. You were the one that is got your knickers in a twist in your sphincter all puckered out over it and so worry worry worry do your hair falls out you little Weasel. He will be making pro bowls When your boy bush is being benched

It's a fucking character flaw to not want to do your job because it might hurt to tackle a running back. He also takes plays off with a lot of those being running plays. It's a lack of intestinal fortitude to make the hard play. The guy fell for a fucking reason gipper. Deny it all you want. You should also be ready for the Browns to not even be the best defense in the division. Hell they might be third. The Steelers have led the league in sacks the last two seasons and invested heavily in speed and the secondary. Yet here some of you are thinking you are just gonna run away with the division. It's hilarious.

Your defensive coordinator  also specializes in zone yet Denzel ward and Williams are heavy man corners. Might wanna get that checked and no it's not easy for a man corner to just play heavy zone.

I have no concerns about his ability to either play man or zone none whatsoever you why because he has talent to do either something you don’t have a clue about and as far as the Steelers will be fighting with the Bengals for last place. And you will not have the character to deal with it

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

What you are in capable of understanding is that these coaches are not brainless potted plants like you are. They adjust to their talent. Maybe the talent on the Cardinals or wherever else he coached was not suited for good man-to-man coverage and therefore he went more zone. But if in fact he has cornerbacks who are very well-suited more to man the man then he does this thing called adjust to his talent. Gee imagine that the football coach making the best use of his players talents 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I'm not a football noob. I know how coverage works and wilks runs more zone schemes than anyone else in the NFL. Google it.

You sure? After your comments about Peterson it seems like you're hellbent on taking the Madden approach. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I don't always like their college ---> NFL projections but according to PFF, what you say couldn't be further from the truth. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-patrick-peterson-is-on-pace-for-a-career-best-season

Peterson was frustrated with his use in the system. He wasn't lining up in man to man as often and wasn't being used to always match up with the best wr. 

20 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I go months without lurking or posting. 

Not during barfsonhisbooger worshiping season you don't.  There lies the problem, arrogant/belligerent squealer squid.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Any evidence to support that claim? 

Patrick peterson asked for a trade for a while last season before recommitting to staying in Arizona. 

7 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Patrick peterson asked for a trade for a while last season before recommitting to staying in Arizona. 

I've scanned over 10 articles, none of which mention how he was used in Wilks defense.  The statement from himself also suggests it had nothing to do with the defense or his role in any measure but with the 1-6 start itself.  Which, who can blame him?  It's not like there wasn't frustration from the Browns players last year. 

More importantly his usage in the zona defense didn't miraculously seem to change overnight yet he still earned good marks on grades. 

In summary, you suggested Wilks did no favors to Peterson and that he may have had rough year personally- appears that was incorrect.      Now you say he asked for a trade specifically because of his week to week role in said defense - also appears incorrect even from the man himself. 

Again, I feel you're over generalizing.  Peterson seemed to work in his defense, so at the moment there is zero indication Ward and Williams won't be able to at least be as effect.  

Let's resist the topic week 4, shall we? 

39 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I've scanned over 10 articles, none of which mention how he was used in Wilks defense.  The statement from himself also suggests it had nothing to do with the defense or his role in any measure but with the 1-6 start itself.  Which, who can blame him?  It's not like there wasn't frustration from the Browns players last year. 

More importantly his usage in the zona defense didn't miraculously seem to change overnight yet he still earned good marks on grades. 

In summary, you suggested Wilks did no favors to Peterson and that he may have had rough year personally- appears that was incorrect.      Now you say he asked for a trade specifically because of his week to week role in said defense - also appears incorrect even from the man himself. 

Again, I feel you're over generalizing.  Peterson seemed to work in his defense, so at the moment there is zero indication Ward and Williams won't be able to at least be as effect.  

Let's resist the topic week 4, shall we? 

Are you saying peterson didn't ask for a trade? 

11 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Are you saying peterson didn't ask for a trade? 

Why do you think that specifically means he was being miscast? Confirmation bias perhaps? Do keep posting though, love watching you flail and backtrack. 

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Read my response again. 

I just don't get his obsession with Greedy and Peterson... They're not on the Stools.. Why concern himself.. He's got his own team to worry about.... He's getting all bent out of shape like a broad about players that have no direct impact on his team.. That must some shit ass weed he's smoking.. Shwag weed blows!...

1 minute ago, nickers said:

I just don't get his obsession with Greedy and Peterson... They're not on the Stools.. Why concern himself.. He's got his own team to worry about.... He's getting all bent out of shape like a broad about players that have no direct impact on his team.. That must some shit ass weed he's smoking.. Shwag weed blows!...

I'm not concerned. I posted why he fell and I'm argumentative so I'm still here arguing just because. I never smoke dirt weed and have a pipeline from a good friend in Colorado. Dabs all day and I can trade said dabs for tip top bud in Columbus with another buddy.

4 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I'm not concerned. I posted why he fell and I'm argumentative so I'm still here arguing just because. I never smoke dirt weed and have a pipeline from a good friend in Colorado. Dabs all day and I can trade said dabs for tip top bud in Columbus with another buddy.

Agreed.. if it isn't top grade.. I don't want it... I get medical grade or better.. The other shit is about useless...

17 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

So you're here to argue for the sake of it and to avoid the points I've made...? In a nutshell. 

54 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

So you're here to argue for the sake of it and to avoid the points I've made...? In a nutshell. 

I intended to respond. Pp7 completely back tracked from his desire to get traded and changed his tune. He was initially upset with the team AND his use and it was the result of the system wilks employed. Wilks runs a shit load of zone schemes and I can link several sources that are expressing concerns over his system and the use of the corners,  specifically ward and eventually Williams. I expect wilks to adjust but it will be a steep departure from his system in Arizona. Pp7 back tracked to get back in the good graces.

Edit: some of that also may be the knowledge from ownership that wilks was going to get shit canned.