THE BROWNS BOARD

Greedy Williams

GuNNerGatSKi

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Will you please interpret that in non stat nerd language so the rest of us can understand it?  

PS- Gipper's not the only one. I'll take on Vag too when he starts spewing homer Steeler garbage.  

I at no point said that greedy williams was a bad corner. I did say he doesn't tackle (it has nothing to do with his injury, he has never tackled) and he has been criticized for taking plays off. He's very good in coverage otherwise. The thread asked "why did he fall" and the above is the why. Hoorta the graph above is interpreted by the green. The closer it is to the edges the better greedy is when compared to his peers so things like coverage grade and passer rating allowed he was at or near the top. 

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

I at no point said that greedy williams was a bad corner. I did say he doesn't tackle (it has nothing to do with his injury, he has never tackled) and he has been criticized for taking plays off. He's very good in coverage otherwise. The thread asked "why did he fall" and the above is the why. Hoorta the graph above is interpreted by the green. The closer it is to the edges the better greedy is when compared to his peers so things like coverage grade and passer rating allowed he was at or near the top. 

You said he had character issues which were one of the reasons he dropped so don’t be lying on here. Your apology is anticipated 

We'll see if vegiblog will apologize, probably not. He just contradickted himself. lol

Meanwhile, in Real Land:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001029892/article/browns-cb-greedy-williams-defends-tackling-ability

"What's missing is if you studied the game film, I was mostly a man corner," Williams told NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala. "At LSU I did my job. Tackling wasn't a big thing they wanted me to do. They wanted me to cover.

"I wasn't able to showcase my tackling ability. Now that I'm here, I can work zone, man, anything. So I'm able to prove that I'm a great tackler."

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Jesus Tap dancing Christ this nonsense is still droning on? 

Only the Gipper, me and Vag have a mutual respect- though we don't often agree.  :)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Only the Gipper, me and Vag have a mutual respect- though we don't often agree.  :)

And you didn't inhale what you were smoking before you posted that. Now I gotta go change the batteries you wore out on my bullshit detector...

• Haha 1

Greedy is a fun interview. Absolute shut-down cb. He'll tackle just fine.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/projected-cleveland-browns-2019-offensive-depth-chart-post-nfl-draft/95-c5808a01-365b-4fb0-b756-f30e7559b65a

BEREA, Ohio -- Following the first day of his team's rookie minicamp, Cleveland Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens confirmed he spoke with Greedy Williams about his Super Bowl guarantee.

Kitchen's wouldn't divulge the exact content of his conversation with the rookie cornerback.

"That's between him and I," the first-year head coach said.

But it also wasn't exactly difficult to figure out.

"I don't know how many predictions he'll be making," Kitchens continued with a smile.

"They told me just come in, study, work hard, give trust in my teammates and once I get on that roll, everybody will fall in," Williams said. "Hopefully we'll be one of those Super Bowl-caliber teams."

Super Bowl guarantee follow up aside, Williams served as the headliner at an otherwise mundane Browns rookie minicamp filled with non-contact drills. Whether the Chris Rock doppelgänger -- "I tell people he's my father," Williams joked when asked about his lookalike -- was answering questions from the media or simply standing on the sideline, he certainly looked the part of the starting caliber corner the Browns drafted him to be.

Williams on not being selected in the first round: "I feel like God has a place for everybody and my place wasn't in the first round. My place was to be in The Land and come build with a great team and a great coaching staff.

- Williams said fellow LSU alums Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry each reached out to him to express their excitement over him be drafted by the Browns. Said they're going to help show him the way in Cleveland.

- Williams said one of the biggest reasons for his perceived tackling issues is that he played a lot of man-to-man at LSU, which isn't conducive to that. Agreed with Dorsey's assessment that he just needs to bring people down and said that he can do that and then some.

- Williams said LSU's coaching staff had no issue with him sitting out the Fiesta Bowl. Said he let them know in advance and didn't feel like he was leaving them hanging. Said it was a family decision.

- Williams denied that he refused to make visits. Said that nobody called while he was working out for the draft. Said he was open to visits and that he had a great formal interview at the combine.

- Williams said the draft process was more nerve-racking to his mom, who reads the media clippings, than it was to him.

- "Opportunity's all I need and I'm going to take advantage of it," Williams said.

- Williams said playing against the receivers he faced in the SEC will help prepare for the NFL.

- Williams said he got his first start at LSU because another player was suspended for a game due to a violation of team rules and he never came off the field from there.

- Williams said he spent the second half of his sophomore season following opposing receivers around in man-to-man coverage, which contributed to some of his perceived tackling issues.

- On being the seventh cornerback drafted: "It's definitely a chip on the shoulder... I'm going to give 110 percent of everything I've got... It's all a blessing, God put me in the perfect spot.

- Williams said Denzel Ward texted him on the same night he was drafted. Said the two played Fortnite together the following day

I believe several NFL teams made a terrible mistake in the first round not drafting him.

And this kid is supposed to have character issues per vagitard?.. I think vag should be more concerned about his own team instead of worrying about ours.. Williams sounds like a great kid who so far appears to have his head on straight.. I think he'll do well for us.. 

1 hour ago, nickers said:

And this kid is supposed to have character issues per vagitard?.. I think vag should be more concerned about his own team instead of worrying about ours.. Williams sounds like a great kid who so far appears to have his head on straight.. I think he'll do well for us.. 

Actually vagitard isn't the only person who has brought this up. I heard people throwing shade at him before the draft, like I said I didn't know he was going to be a brown so I didn't care then, but there's a reason he dropped as low as he did. He doesn't seem to like to hit or tackle. And he's been known to loaf on the field. Hopefully Freddy can instill a little pep into the guy...

WSS

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually vagitard isn't the only person who has brought this up. I heard people throwing shade at him before the draft, like I said I didn't know he was going to be a brown so I didn't care then, but there's a reason he dropped as low as he did. He doesn't seem to like to hit or tackle. And he's been known to loaf on the field. Hopefully Freddy can instill a little pep into the guy...

WSS

For the love of god now the homers are going to extend this thread another 5 pages defending Greedy's honor... 🤣

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

For the love of god now the homers are going to extend this thread another 5 pages defending Greedy's honor... 🤣

Actually, we don't care about WSS's opinion. :D

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

burgundy.jpg

NOW I'm expecting 5 pages defending the honor of WSS. It's post draft time, I expect people to be around here and start throwing shit at each other.

57 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Show me the proof , Steve.. otherwise.. your just spouting garbage like Vag and the germ media...

Until either Vagitron or Steve post proof of these "character issues".. they are liars and these "issues" have never existed.

This is how gossip works, people : Just because they ASSERTED something.. does not mean the underlying thing is real.  All we know right now is that Vagitron and Steve have said they saw/heard something.

If the thing never existed in the first place, they're simply trying to start a rumor.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nickers said:

Show me the proof , Steve.. otherwise.. your just spouting garbage like Vag and the germ media...

Read some legit scouting reports from actual scouts not pete prisco or Peter king. I have no reason to make it up. It's part of the reason he fell whether you like it or not. 

Edit: http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2019rumors2.php

Here is one and I found it in 2 minutes via Google. I can post several others.

57 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Read some legit scouting reports from actual scouts not pete prisco or Peter king. I have no reason to make it up. It's part of the reason he fell whether you like it or not. 

Again not one shred about any character issues other than that he is thin or may not be a great tackler or may not like to support the run. Nothing non-football related. 

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

From the Walter "rumors" page regarding character? I need something better than this weak crap. :) The shortcomings are well known. Would you want me to start dredging negative stuff up on your first round pick? Shouldn't be too hard to find either. Other stuff- how many other top draft choices "protect" themselves? I'm as big a Ohio State homer as anyone, but you don't think Nick Bosa "protected" his draft status sitting out the entire year, instead of actually playing?   

"Another high-profile prospect with makeup concerns is LSU cornerback Greedy Williams. Evaluators have some concerns about how Williams is going to respond to getting a multi-million dollar contract. They also are worried about family pressure and those around him being a distraction. Some sources feel that Williams is one of the most overrated players in the 2019 NFL Draft. They say LSU's 2018 games against Georgia and Alabama illustrate that. They felt that he took his foot off the pedal in his late season tapes and was protecting himself. A few sources said they graded Williams a late first-rounder, while another AFC scout said they graded Williams in Round 2. On top of the makeup, Williams' thin frame is providing some on-the-field concerns about how he will translate to the NFL. Williams will be in store for some interesting interviews at the combine, and it would help him if he could add weight to his frame. "

8 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Again "RUMORS" 0 proof.. you lose!

How about we all talk about how Benny Snell wants Le'Veon's #26.... That tells me he's not his own man and wants to be a copy cat.. So.. there's that...

The question isn't whether or not he fell due to actual football concerns.  Of course there are football concerns -- that's why his first contract will be about 6.5M total rather than the first-round total of >10M over the length of the contract.  PFF pointed out that people were worried about the tackling and, as they said, supposed injury issues -- you know, football concerns.

You, however, said he had something personal and I'm still waiting on what that is.

Charlie Campbell's post itself is gossip -- he provides no actual proof, just assertion that someone else said something.  Why do you think the name of the page is "Rumors" ?? Yep, because he knows it's not true.. it's just some stuff that is being said.  A synonym for rumor is gossip.

If this is the best you've got... you have NOTHING.

This doesn't mean people don't act on rumor and gossip -- gossip becomes reality when people blindly trust.  However, it's still gossip.

Everyone, take this as an object lesson.  Assertion is not [and will never be] proof of anything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It always pains me when the one making sense is the Steeler fan...

• Not all concerns materialize...
  • Not all things that should be of concern are recognized.
  • In Greedy's case Walter's is simply reporting rumblings they have heard from scouts here and there.
  • "(H)ow Williams is going to respond to getting a multi-million dollar contract" plus "family pressure and those around him being a distraction," are non-football concerns.

While one can argue that these off-field concerns are present to some extent within every instant millionaire the NFL makes clearly that concern does not rise to a level that drops a prospect a round or more in a draft. In Greedy's case it may have.

• Upvote 1

My biggest concern is how much Greedy looks like Chris Rock......once you see it, you cannot unsee it.....

edit: And......Walter football bites hairy donkey balls......in all respects....not a quality source

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nickers said:

How about we all talk about how Benny Snell wants Le'Veon's #26.... That tells me he's not his own man and wants to be a copy cat.. So.. there's that...

You may want to check his college number.

16 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It always pains me when the one making sense is the Steeler fan...

• Not all concerns materialize...
  • Not all things that should be of concern are recognized.
  • In Greedy's case Walter's is simply reporting rumblings they have heard from scouts here and there.
  • "(H)ow Williams is going to respond to getting a multi-million dollar contract" plus "family pressure and those around him being a distraction," are non-football concerns.

While one can argue that these off-field concerns are present to some extent within every instant millionaire the NFL makes clearly that concern does not rise to a level that drops a prospect a round or more in a draft. In Greedy's case it may have.

I think the concerns if you will are all totally football. If someone is felt to be weak on the run that will drop his football value. If he’s tackling is questionable that will drop his football value. I think that is all that we are seeing here but as I said many or most cornerbacks have similar concerns.