THE BROWNS BOARD

Is There Nothing Democrats Won’t Promise Voters?

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah, none of this unrealistic stuff. Keep it grounded, like praying for rain.

People have prayed for a cure for cancer as well. This is a promise made by man running for president of the United States. Try and stay on track.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Gorka said:

People have prayed for a cure for cancer as well. This is a promise made by man running for president of the United States. Try and stay on track.

I can only imagine the ridicule and bad publicity Trump would have gotten if he had made this statement.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150111135905/http://governor.state.tx.us/news/proclamation/16038/

Good thing Rick Perry didn't run for president or hold any significant positions in public office. 

Did Perry promise he could make it rain if elected? Did he promise rain at all? Didn't think so. 

I appreciate the sentiment of hope in this case.  Bold and probably too ambitious (wish he would have phrased it better) but the guy did lose a son to cancer.   Grief does weird things to people - I'm still keeping a close eye on my parents because of our loss.   I've seen how their thought process and mental state has taken a hit.   Can't imagine Biden being different. 

I just wish he would have chosen his words more carefully and not with such convienent political timing. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I appreciate the sentiment of hope in this case.  Bold and probably too ambitious (wish he would have phrased it better) but the guy did lose a son to cancer.   Grief does weird things to people - I'm still keeping a close eye on my parents because of our loss.   I've seen how their thought process and mental state has taken a hit.   Can't imagine Biden being different. 

I just wish he would have chosen his words more carefully and not do so with such convienent political timing. 

If only he had said, as all parents who have lost children say "why couldn't it have been me"? ...we'd all be in full agreement with you there Joe you piece of garbage.

MASH

Make America Smell Hair

4 minutes ago, Gorka said:

If only he had said, as all parents who have lost children say "why couldn't it have been me"? ...we'd all be in full agreement with you there Joe you piece of garbage.

MASH

Make America Smell Hair

I've never once heard that from my folks.  But cool post, slugger. 

How's summer vacation treating you?, 

11 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I've never once heard that from my folks.  But cool post, slugger. 

How's summer vacation treating you?, 

Maybe because their loss was a mistake anyway. Rubber broke or something.

You want to turn this into ad-hominem back and forth, go for it slugger.

5 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Maybe because their loss was a mistake anyway. Rubber broke or something.

You want to turn this into ad-hominem back and forth, go for it slugger.

Oof.  Can't compete with you, you're just too badass. 

It's not ad hominem because you have to maintain an actual position on something for me to be critical of and not yourself.   Your position is non existent at best and trolling at worst. 

You want respect? Don't be a whiny bitch. 

Edit: go at me all you like.  We leave families and the Cadillac out of this. 

11 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Oof.  Can't compete with you, you're just too badass. 

It's not ad hominem because you have to maintain an actual position on something for me to be critical of and not yourself.   Your position is non existent at best and trolling at worst. 

You want respect? Don't be a whiny bitch. 

Edit: go at me all you like.  We leave families and the Cadillac out of this. 

Oh please.. spare me your sanctimonious drivel...there's always the ignore option you crybaby.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Yeah sure I did bud. You're a big boy. Deal with it.

Me implying your post was trash,  instead of returning the "ad hominem" -directly at the poster (myself) you insult a deceased family member of mine...  Then, get this it's the best part - you say you returned the "ad hominem". 

Classic stuff.   So not only are you garbage, you're demonstrably not all that intelligent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Me implying your post was trash,  instead of returning the "ad hominem" -directly at the poster (myself) you insult a deceased family member of mine...  Then, get this it's the best part - you say you returned the "ad hominem". 

Classic stuff.   So not only are you garbage, you're demonstrably not all that intelligent.

You aren't dealing with this too well are you?

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So Gorka is 100% Bunker. What a piece of trash.

LOL, it took you this long to come to that conclusion?  I had him pegged after a couple of his responses to my posts.  :)  

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL, it took you this long to come to that conclusion?  I had him pegged after a couple of his responses to my posts.  :)  

No I always assumed he was bunker, you can go look at my old posts. This recent outburst settles it. He's going back to what got him banned before.

I know Tia is a grown man and won't go running to the mods like some around here, but I'd be fine seeing Gorka banned for insulting another member over the death of a family member...

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

No I always assumed he was bunker, you can go look at my old posts. This recent outburst settles it. He's going back to what got him banned before.

I know Tia is a grown man and won't go running to the mods like some around here, but I'd be fine seeing Gorka banned for insulting another member over the death of a family member...

I don't frequent here often enough to know that sort of stuff Woody, but Gorkster getting banned previously doesn't surprise me.  (only reason I'm hanging out here it's it's deadsville time in football until training camp ramps up) Yeah, I have enough Mod powers that I could kick him off for excessively obnoxious behavior, but this is Brother Steve's forum not the BB, so I'll let him decide on what's acceptable & who stays and who goes.

Who TF is Bunker? Also, let him be - MF is just playing himself. 

I'm not about to step on Steve's toes and lord knows, any more flack and this side gets shut down.   Stan's wife probably has enough to deal with.  She doesn't need any more emails about the clowns here.

27 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Who TF is Bunker? Also, let him be - MF is just playing himself. 

I'm not about to step on Steve's toes and lord knows, any more flack and this side gets shut down.   Stan's wife probably has enough to deal with.  She doesn't need any more emails about the clowns here.

said the extremely smartass supremely arrogant clown on any forum.

9 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

You see me crying to mods like certain residents here?  I seem to be handling it fine.  Appreciate your concern.   Be happy to link you my PayPal if you're sending beer money though. 

Whether or not your method of operation is crying to the mods is irrelevant here. You keep crying to me... yet you're handling it fine? Suuuure you are.

Keep in mind grasshopper it was you that initiated the ad-hominem. Dishing it out and not being able to take it is not good form.