THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns Vs. Titans Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

2 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I can tell you without hesitation if the flags were the other way around I’d be saying “ I’m not against it, but they are getting screwed”. Believe it or not, I watch that part of the game very even level.

3 flags now to 14. The browns have absolutely deserved 8-9 and made several bad, stupid penalties. But when the head of refs for over 2 years says on national television, “I’m not sure how they missed that hold” on literally the most pivotal point in the game, there’s a ref problem. That dude will protect his ilk if at all possible.

So that excuses a missed holding call they’d teach a high school ref to call? Right.

Maybe you would, but trying to follow here that doesn't appear to be the case. I know I am like that, and have actually gotten into arguments with people because of their rose colored glasses for team and telling them a clear penalty was a penalty, whether I like the team or not.

Just pointing out that your post today seems to contrast with what you said, but they could all be warranted 

New players, new coaches, new hope, new hype, Americas team ......           

SAME OLD FUCKING BROWNS

1 minute ago, medicineman said:

At this point if I was Dorsey I would clean house, All the coaches would be GONE at the end of this game, 

He wont do that ....he loves Freddie

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Maybe you would, but trying to follow here that doesn't appear to be the case. I know I am like that, and have actually gotten into arguments with people because of their rose colored glasses for team and telling them a clear penalty was a penalty, whether I like the team or not.

Just pointing out that your post today seems to contrast with what you said, but they could all be warranted 

Let me say it this way. The Browns deserved to lose this game, big time today. We got BADLY out coached and it showed, from start to finish. Of the plenty of penalties, most were warranted. If this game were more reasonably called on both sides, I'd expect the flags to be considerably closer.

With that being said, I'd bet a cold case of beer the Browns are going to get a 'we're sorry' email from the NFL about the missed hold that directly resulted in a touchdown for the Titans. The game is 15-13, and instead of a score for the Titans it's now 1st and 20. The fans would be losing their damn minds. You cannot for a second tell me that doesn't impact the result of this game significantly, you just won't. This is a marked problem for the NFL (not just the Browns), and they know it. I'm simply suggesting it's time for teams to have a chance to be able to challenge against that sort of thing.

Let me guess, Baker was totally in the grass there too right? Right.

It's obviously too early to act like the sky is falling

That being said, the ridiculous hype from fans this season was, well, ridiculous. I was saying we needed to calm down a little. 

But it'll be interesting to read posts from users on here that are just turning on the players and coaches, immediately, that they loved not long ago. 

• Upvote 4

Game over, sadly. All that amazing positive energy...just gone. This is about as sad as I've ever been after a game. All the positive vibes, all the talking heads, all the bullcrap we've heard for so many months. None of it came to fruition. I don't have the energy to make a well-thought out post, and I'm not going to make an overreaction statement, but this is about as sad as I have felt watching this team in a long time, and that's saying something. All of our fears came true. Our OL being terrible, Baker not having time, tight ends killing us...it's all there. What about this dominant defensive line we had? I didn't see ANYTHING like that. Ah, whatever. I don't have the capacity to write anything, and nobody wants to read it anyway. The only good thing is I didn't make an ass out of myself, so that's nice.

Sorry everyone. I know this really hurts. 

• Upvote 1