THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns Vs. Titans Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

... and the turd with a bow tied around it under my TV made me yearn for a lump of coal...

Major needs...

• Discipline
  • Discipline
  • Discipline
  • Humility
  • Discipline
  • Time
  • Discipline

This week will be a major test for Kitch

And it's not just the penalties... it's also the assignments. Prime example was Kirksey biting on the play fake on Walker's first TD. He left his "zone" to support a run that was well contained... if it had been a run. Walker nicely filled the empty space he left behind.

On an early sack by Wake... he had inside help from the RG... yet allowed himself to be beaten outside... simply can't happen.

Screen D...

More later... including "the good" I saw... which may mean it's a very short post.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

From the stadium. Refs 160, Browns 25.  You can't tell me the Titans were playing that error free. Many crappy calls, all against the Browns. They gifted the Titans one td was it 5 penalties in a row?

There were some missed calls, yes JRB I admit it, but I think the stadium looks deceived a bit.  The Landry trip comes to mind, on the replay he simply stubbed his toe on the way out of bounds.  The calls weren't great but the play was terrible

12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

... and the turd with a bow tied around it under my TV made me yearn for a lump of coal...

Major needs...

• Discipline
  • Discipline
  • Discipline
  • Humility
  • Discipline
  • Time
  • Discipline

And it's not just the penalties... it's also the assignments. Prime example was Kirksey biting on the play fake on Walker's first TD. He left his "zone" to support a run that was well contained... if it had been a run. Walker nicely filled the empty space he left behind.

On an early sack by Wake... he had inside help from the RG... yet allowed himself to be beaten outside... simply can't happen.

Screen D...

More later... including "the good" I saw... which may mean it's a very short post.

Suck what?

You’re probably not wrong though. Tell me more. 

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

It’s one game, if we would’ve won some would think we’re Super bowl bound.

Let’s temper our expectations.

That's true. But shitty reffing aside, we should have put up a better showing than that.

Random points here

-The run game was never established and it could have been.

-the titans were two dimensional on offense- play-action or Henry run which was ultimately used as set up the play-action.  The defense was not just undisciplined but I’ll-prepared.  The backers and safeties didn’t play well.  

-Baker held onto the ball too long also felt like the routes were downfield too much.  Where were the quick hitters? 

-G. Robinson should be suspended for his stupidity in week 2 as well.

-Myles Garrett underwhelming given the personnel on him.

-while shorter routes would have helped I was waiting for OBJ double move.  

-TE position is weak spot

-and we need a RT maybe a LT too

-There was a hook/tackle/clip on at the point of attack on the Henry 75 yard pass.

-D. Harris Phantom Hold

- Baker in the grasp.

- I have a couple more I think...

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Major needs...

• Discipline
  • Discipline
  • Discipline
  • Humility
  • Discipline
  • Time
  • Discipline

Screen D...

Agree on all of this but not sure you can teach discipline or humility.  Always thought those character traits are intrinsic

19 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

There were some missed calls, yes JRB I admit it, but I think the stadium looks deceived a bit.  The Landry trip comes to mind, on the replay he simply stubbed his toe on the way out of bounds.  The calls weren't great but the play was terrible

Look man, this will be my last post cause I dominated the game thread, but I don’t want to make it seem like I was after you personally.

my point For several years now has been and continues to be the NFL has a serious referee problem, and they know it. As I noted, I guarantee we will get the “im sorry” email that they missed a blatant hold which directly led to a Titans TD. In a game like football, that matters so, so much. The team earned 10-11 calls today and were extremely undisciplined. But that shouldn’t, in any manner, negate an objectively miserable call which mattered so much in the flow of this game. 

Again, this isn’t a “the refs are against the browns” thing. But this league has by far the worst reffing issue across major sports and it’s not even close. 

That being said, they earned the L big time. All you can hope is this lights a bonfire under the asses of these dudes.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Look man, this will be my last post cause I dominated the game thread, but I don’t want to make it seem like I was after you personally.

my point For several years now has been and continues to be the NFL has a serious referee problem, and they know it. As I noted, I guarantee we will get the “im sorry” email that they missed a blatant hold which directly led to a Titans TD. In a game like football, that matters so, so much. The team earned 10-11 calls today and were extremely undisciplined. But that shouldn’t, in any manner, negate an objectively miserable call which mattered so much in the flow of this game. 

Again, this isn’t a “the refs are against the browns” thing. But this league has by far the worst reffing issue across major sports and it’s not even close. 

That being said, they earned the L big time. All you can hope is this lights a bonfire under the asses of these dudes.

The refs do suck. I’ve seen better service dogs. 

7BB25BDC-EBB9-469B-B51A-766A94121AD7.jpeg

I'm trying to find some kind of silver lining, perhaps this is exactly what the Browns need for them to realize that they haven't done shit yet.

For the long term, perhaps an ass-kicking like this wakes them up.

Because for all the talk about how Baker "uses slights to motivate himself" that is EXACTLY what the Titans did.

Nobody was talking about the Titans, and they came motivated and focused. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I gotcha.  I thought the 1st drive personal foul call on Robinson was the worst of the game but they scored so it was soon forgotten.  NFL refs are bad across the board and that is why more and more calls are reviewable.  We all want nothing more to finally root for a team worth a damn.  Have a good rest of your Sunday

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm trying to find some kind of silver lining, perhaps this is exactly what the Browns need for them to realize that they haven't done shit yet.

For the long term, perhaps an ass-kicking like this wakes them up.

Because for all the talk about how Baker "uses slights to motivate himself" that is EXACTLY what the Titans did.

Nobody was talking about the Titans, and they came motivated and focused. 

To be honest, the Titans weren't taken seriously too lightly in my opinion.  They have a nice defense and a functional attack (if Mariota is healthy and have had 3 straight winning seasons and failed last year's playoffs by a loss against the Colts on the season finale... 

I was expecting a win, but the +5.5 odds (in the Pick'em) was a bit full of hype. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nero said:

To be honest, the Titans weren't taken seriously too lightly in my opinion.  They have a nice defense and a functional attack (if Mariota is healthy and have had 3 straight winning seasons and failed last year's playoffs by a loss against the Colts on the season finale... 

I was expecting a win, but the +5.5 odds (in the Pick'em) was a bit full of hype. 

Here's the deal - the Browns have a bullseye on them from every team that plays them.

Nothing will piss off NFL players like a team who hasn't done anything getting a ton of attention. 

The Browns aren't sneaking up on anyone this season, and I'll tell you this, if the Browns lose against the Jets next Monday night, this season could unravel fast. 

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

It’s one game, if we would’ve won some would think we’re Super bowl bound.

Let’s temper our expectations.

But it wasn't just our expectations. The national sports talkers had us doing great things...taking the division, playoffs, even a SB appearance.

Today was an embarrassment. We're talking 43-13, not 43-41.

For us to perform not much better today than we did the opener in 1999 made us a laughingstock once again.. Not listening to these sports talking heads this week for sure, fuck em.

3 minutes ago, Gorka said:

But it wasn't just our expectations. The national sports talkers had us doing great things...taking the division, playoffs, even a SB appearance.

Today was an embarrassment. We're talking 43-13, not 43-41.

For us to perform not much better today than we did the opener in 1999 made us a laughingstock once again.. Not listening to these sports talking heads this week for sure, fuck em.

There’s a lot of sport writers that have the Browns taking the AFC North this year BEFORE this game was ever played.

That’s a mighty big assumption for a team that hasn’t done squat, albeit the Browns look good on paper.

Unfortunately, looking good on paper doesn’t equate to wins.

Let’s just hope today’s shit show can be attributed to lack of chemistry.