THE BROWNS BOARD

Panic button suggestion thread for 2-5 anxiety & frustration

tinythinker

Serious or satirical, do you have a panic button suggestion with the Browns dropping to 2-5 in their predicted comeback season?

For example, do you want to talk about:

• Should they ditch the HC? If so, who do you see as a realistic replacement? When?
  • Is there a team philosophy/behavior issue that needs addressed? How so?
  • Are there drastic changes needed to the starting lineup or to the configurations/play calling?
  • Should we be looking at who we might want to acquire through trades or the draft in the spring?
  • Some other area not mentioned?

Share now, and beat the rush!

• Upvote 1

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Easy fix - discipline especially when it comes to turnovers. 

310 to 318 yards.   3 turnovers vs the Pats 0.  That is the difference in these games.  Can't win consistently, let alone at all, when you live on the minus side of that differential. 

How is discipline brought in?

Who does it with what approach/message?

Just now, tinythinker said:

How is discipline brought in?

Who does it with what approach/message?

Discipline is a mindset and system of accountability that starts from the top down then resonates through the locker room.   Also starts by getting personalities under control, coaching intensity and hammering home situational awareness.   The Callaway pick for OPI is a prime example.  You NEVER turn your shoulder into that. 

• Upvote 1

Starting to wonder in my own mind if Freddie will still be the HC in week 13..... far from saying he won't be, but I'm now to the point where it happening would not surprise me. 

What a shame. 

9 minutes ago, tinythinker said:

Serious or satirical, do you have a panic button suggestion with the Browns dropping to 2-5 in their predicted comeback season?

For example, do you want to talk about:

• Should they ditch the HC? If so, who do you see as a realistic replacement? When?
  • Is there a team philosophy/behavior issue that needs addressed? How so?
  • Are there drastic changes needed to the starting lineup or to the configurations/play calling?
  • Should we be looking at who we might want to acquire through trades or the draft in the spring?
  • Some other area not mentioned?

Share now, and beat the rush!

Yes, something isn't right. Greg Williams reduced the penalties significantly after Hue got canned. I assume there was some kind of accountability mandate enforced.

Granted, like today, some of these penalties are pure BS, but the pre-snap penalties are absolutely killing the team. 

Now, we get to go to a house of horrors, Denver. Yikes.

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Discipline is a mindset and system of accountability that starts from the top down then resonates through the locker room.   Also starts by getting personalities under control, coaching intensity and hammering home situational awareness.   The Callaway pick for OPI is a prime example.  You NEVER turn your shoulder into that. 

Do you think Coach Kitchens can deliver on that? Would the team listen/follow? Seems like there would need to be leaders in the locker room pushing that kind of thing not just the HC.

1 minute ago, CoachTodd10 said:

I agree Thinker. I would panic also if I were a Browns fan, or from Clevelabd for that matter!

We didn't endorse charging people $4 for a cup of coffee. Go away.

Ah don’t panic. 

The AFC North is nothing but meat for the grinder this year anyway. 

I prefer to look at it another way. 

The Browns are the second youngest team in the league with the 5th most cap space. They don’t need to draft a QB next year. 

The Bengals are in complete disarray.

The Steelers Rapist is done and Mason Isn’t the answer 

The Ravens have a RB for a QB that will never get them out of the first round of a playoff game on any year and they are one tackle away from having RG3 as their starter. 

Whatever happens this year, I’d rather be in the Browns seat than any of the other three.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CoachTodd10 said:

Fair point. Lamar Jackson was amazing. We are 6-2 but not playing worth a damn. Usually Pete's teams finish strong. 

Ya I’m not so sure how great Lamar played.  Dude was like 130 yards with no TD’s passing.

Wilson lobbing a slow pitch softball pick 6 and D.K. Dropping the ball on the ground with nobody around him for 15 yards for another defensive TD. 

Not sure I’d come in here yucking it up just yet.

22 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Me: "Hey Siri, what time are the Browns on TV?"

Siri: "Why do that to yourself? May I suggest something more productive like hitting yourself in the head with a brick?"

A movie at a SciFi short film festival this year ("A Date in 2025") had a device that talked like this to its owner (well, not specifically about the Browns)

He's completely toast, but I'm not sure firing him midway does anything. We look like complete idiots far too much, and Jimmy is tired of being made fun of persistently. 

46 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Ah don’t panic. 

The AFC North is nothing but meat for the grinder this year anyway. 

I prefer to look at it another way. 

The Browns are the second youngest team in the league with the 5th most cap space. They don’t need to draft a QB next year. 

The Bengals are in complete disarray.

The Steelers Rapist is done and Mason Isn’t the answer 

The Ravens have a RB for a QB that will never get them out of the first round of a playoff game on any year and they are one tackle away from having RG3 as their starter. 

Whatever happens this year, I’d rather be in the Browns seat than any of the other three.

I wish the Browns had a RB at QB then. He's certainly better at throwing TD's and NOT throwing picks than ours is

You know who isn't the answer? Baker.... who actually looks like one of the worst QB's in the league