THE BROWNS BOARD

Panic button suggestion thread for 2-5 anxiety & frustration

tinythinker

55 minutes ago, CoachTodd10 said:

My mom just died. Who over 12 years of age talks moms? Is that a Cleveland thing?

Says the dude who joined a sports team's fans forum an hour ago to tease those fans because the team they root for is losing...... just can't make this shit up.

My advice to you is to just sit and appear stupid rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt. 

Yes, I am having fun. Poking at you and willing to take it back. Imagine a sports conversation that included that. Shocking. I really do root for the Browns when they are not playing the Seahawks. Lighten up. I am a Mariner fan. I know the meaning of pain.

2 hours ago, CoachTodd10 said:

Why so tense? As a Seahawk fan I appreciate the Brown's incompetency. Keep up the good work boys!

Why would a c-u-n=t of a Seahawk fan be in here now?  You have a good team that plays in a whole other division/conference. I mean, you let a bad Atlanta team nearly comeback on you today.  Don't you have like the Rams and 49ers to worry about?

And, I mean....WTF happened last week when you cacked up a furball against the Ratfuckers?  I mean, your team choked like Gollum and got kicked like him too.

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Easy fix - discipline especially when it comes to turnovers. 

310 to 318 yards.   3 turnovers vs the Pats 0.  That is the difference in these games.  Can't win consistently, let alone at all, when you live on the minus side of that differential. 

eh...misleading.  We got our asses kicked.  the thing about having turnovers that go back for touchdowns and very short fields that lead to more scores and big leads is that they:

1) reduce the number of possessions for the opposing offense

2) give the other team a big lead(except for a brief moment when it was a 7 pt game it was a 17ish pt lead throughout) so they can play more conservatively...especially with that defense

that's going to skew the final total yardage numbers.

Again, we got our asses kicked. 

2 hours ago, hx214 said:

Ah don’t panic. 

The AFC North is nothing but meat for the grinder this year anyway. 

I prefer to look at it another way. 

The Browns are the second youngest team in the league with the 5th most cap space. They don’t need to draft a QB next year. 

eh, Garrett is on year 3 now of rookie contract.  He is probably going to want his first extension in the offseason probably, although we may be able to push it to the next year.  Mayfield is in his second year, so we have a couple more years on his rookie contract.

But just the garrett extension maybe this offseason is going to flip that greatly. 

I'd have to look, but I think we can get out of the landry disaster soon without taking too much of a cap hit.  Is it this offseason or next?

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Easy fix - discipline especially when it comes to turnovers. 

310 to 318 yards.   3 turnovers vs the Pats 0.  That is the difference in these games.  Can't win consistently, let alone at all, when you live on the minus side of that differential. 

I agree discipline is the issue. I keep hearing though how they know it and will fix it. You say it’s an easy fix. How do you fix lack of discipline on the field?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Why would a c-u-n=t of a Seahawk fan be in here now?  You have a good team that plays in a whole other division/conference. I mean, you let a bad Atlanta team nearly comeback on you today.  Don't you have like the Rams and 49ers to worry about?

And, I mean....WTF happened last week when you cacked up a furball against the Ratfuckers?  I mean, your team choked like Gollum and got kicked like him too.

I know you are miserable. I feel bad for you. The Browns are losing and Cleveland is a polluted dump. The Hawks are 6-2 and are in the middle of a rebuild. We are not even playing good ball yet. Wait til we hit our stride! I pray that you can find a job and move soon. Good luck friend!

2 minutes ago, CoachTodd10 said:

I know you are miserable. I feel bad for you. The Browns are losing and Cleveland is a polluted dump. The Hawks are 6-2 and are in the middle of a rebuild. We are not even playing good ball yet. Wait til we hit our stride! I pray that you can find a job and move soon. Good luck friend!

It's really sad you have nothing better to do but with your time.

Go back to your own forum. 

1 minute ago, stillmotion said:

It's really sad you have nothing better to do but with your time.

Go back to your own forum. 

I was born and raised in Cleveland. I have loved the Browns for longer than most of you have been alive.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

If you pay 4 dollars for coffee, you are stupid, no matter where you are from.   You all gave us that Starbuck swill. Blech.

Employed people that live in a financially sound city can afford coffee. 

1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

eh, Garrett is on year 3 now of rookie contract.  He is probably going to want his first extension in the offseason probably, although we may be able to push it to the next year.  Mayfield is in his second year, so we have a couple more years on his rookie contract.

But just the garrett extension maybe this offseason is going to flip that greatly. 

I'd have to look, but I think we can get out of the landry disaster soon without taking too much of a cap hit.  Is it this offseason or next?

Landry is next year. OBJ the following. 

8 hours ago, CoachTodd10 said:

I know you are miserable.

Why would you think that?  You are the one so apparently dissatisfied with your team that you take the time to come on to the board of a team that isn't even close to being a rival of yours?  Are you too afraid to troll the 49ers or Rams sites?

I feel bad for you. The Browns are losing and Cleveland is a polluted dump.

Have you ever even been here? What? Are you stuck in the 60s or 70s? There is very little pollution around Cleveland area anymore. I don't know about your education, but you are badly misinformed.

The Hawks are 6-2 and are in the middle of a rebuild. We are not even playing good ball yet. Wait til we hit our stride! I pray that you can find a job and move soon. Good luck friend!

I have 3 jobs, all while being semi-retired.  Good luck getting a life my friend.

If you pay 4 dollars for coffee, you are stupid, no matter where you are from.   You all gave us that Starbuck swill. Blech.

Affordability isn't the issue....Value is the issue. I mean I guess if you want to blow your money to drink  motor oil, you can. It is just a sign that you are a stupid person with too much money. Money doesn't make you smart.

honestly, I had the Browns at 3-4 sitting here today. We played arguably the top 2 NFC teams (and a really good one as well), the best AFC team by far, and really one BAD team in the Jets which we won comfortably. We simply weren't the better team overall in 4 games we've played out of 7. Only game that grinds my gears is week one.

It really is unfortunate we couldn't have had at least 1 more winnable game before today. Winning cures so much and it just frankly blows the schedule gods didn't shine nicely on us at all. We have the better team (IMO) in 5 of the next 6 games. Even going 4-2 in that stretch keeps us in the hunt, but likely in the same position we were last year.

12 hours ago, CoachTodd10 said:

Yes, I am having fun. Poking at you and willing to take it back. Imagine a sports conversation that included that. Shocking. I really do root for the Browns when they are not playing the Seahawks. Lighten up. I am a Mariner fan. I know the meaning of pain.

The Browns won 8 Championships, how many have the Seacocks won?

44 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Affordability isn't the issue....Value is the issue. I mean I guess if you want to blow your money to drink  motor oil, you can. It is just a sign that you are a stupid person with too much money. Money doesn't make you smart.

Jesus, you guys are literally coming undone. This was funny and now I feel like I am a crisis line operator. Please tell me you are 11 years old and not aware that I am being a smart ass. This means you are either 1) A kid  2) Slow 3):Totally losing it. Take a deep breath. The longer we wait, the sweeter the rewards. Ask Cub fans.

7 minutes ago, CoachTodd10 said:

Jesus, you guys are literally coming undone. This was funny and now I feel like I am a crisis line operator. Please tell me you are 11 years old and not aware that I am being a smart ass. This means you are either 1) A kid  2) Slow 3):Totally losing it. Take a deep breath. The longer we wait, the sweeter the rewards. Ask Cub fans.

Complaining that we are undone means is that  you are bitch slapped  right, left and center, and that it is in fact you who are feeling it. 

And/or that you are finally realizing in your life what all the rest of us could tell in just a few posts made on here by you:   you are not a smart person.

I mean, we can all tell, because if you really do live in Seattle, that means that you were up at 5:00 AM  to receive the enema you have been getting here this morning.

And we can further tell....because we are Indians fans here....and if you were from Cleveland, you would know the equivalency there to Cubs fans. 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Do you really want to know what my jobs are?

If they really are " jobs" and they are significant, you will want to maintain anonymity. Most people with real money and great jobs do not want everyone to know. You become a target.

12 minutes ago, CoachTodd10 said:

If they really are " jobs" and they are significant, you will want to maintain anonymity. Most people with real money and great jobs do not want everyone to know. You become a target.

Well, I do get paid, even if it is a pittance.  Everyone here knows what I do.  And it ain't that much money anyway, but even as meager as it is.....the only person I would be a target of is the tax man.:lol:

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, I do get paid, even if it is a pittance.  Everyone here knows what I do.  And it ain't that much money anyway, but even as meager as it is.....the only person I would be a target of is the tax man.:lol:

I am sure you do quite well. These boards can be relief for those of us that have to live in a world where you have to be PC and play nice 24/7.

15 hours ago, tinythinker said:

Serious or satirical, do you have a panic button suggestion with the Browns dropping to 2-5 in their predicted comeback season?

For example, do you want to talk about:

• Should they ditch the HC? If so, who do you see as a realistic replacement? When?
  • Is there a team philosophy/behavior issue that needs addressed? How so?
  • Are there drastic changes needed to the starting lineup or to the configurations/play calling?
  • Should we be looking at who we might want to acquire through trades or the draft in the spring?
  • Some other area not mentioned?

Share now, and beat the rush!

HC?  It needs to evaluated at seasons end.  I don’t dismantle the talent.  The leadership/coaching needs to be evaluated. 

The staff is too cozy putting players in spots they can’t handle yet.  Just one example, For instance , Why is a guy like Antonio Callaway fresh off a self induced suspension given a significant role???  We have a football IQ problem maybe it’s youth too.  We may not have the right combination with veterans on this team, but the staff needs to pick it up in that case.

play calling has been awful on too many occasions. We need Chubb as focal point and Baker under center more and not 5 wide.  Defense I think will improve now that we have corners who can contest passes and we aren’t giving large cushions.

no trades but Let’s look at Tackle, Safety and Tight End upcoming draft.  

We do a lot of mind boggling stupid things and Tony Romo god bless you for pointing it out often yesterday.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CoachTodd10 said:

I was born and raised in Cleveland. I have loved the Browns for longer than most of you have been alive.

I could have sworn you replied earlier in the thread to tinythinker about how you would panic too if you rooted for the browns or even be from Cleveland..... ill never understand the need to lie on forums like this. 

Edit here it is.  Looks like you tried to delete it to cover your tracks at least once you lied.

16 hours ago, CoachTodd10 said:

I agree Thinker. I would panic also if I were a Browns fan, or from Clevelabd for that matter!

• Thanks 1