THE BROWNS BOARD

CB problems

Icecube

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

And now Joe is having a career year in Pitt. 

I know. I really wish he could've stayed on with us, but we also have to remember that the guy was consistently hurt and wasn't playing well. Unfortunately we let him go and we could certainly use him. 

What hurts even more is how badly Greedy is playing. People can say all they want that he's a rookie and all that, but he's not playing well and it's obvious. 

I'll tell you this right now, there's a chance Arizona marches the ball up and down the field on us just like Cincy did. I see this being a game where our offense HAS to score 30 points and has to get TDs and not FG's or we're going to lose. It's time to get the offense cranking. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

What hurts even more is how badly Greedy is playing. People can say all they want that he's a rookie and all that, but he's not playing well and it's obvious. 

Well.... he is a rookie.   And he's a rookie playing at, what is arguably, the 2nd hardest spot in football (now)             Combined with being in a defense not exactly tailored to his skills. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Well.... he is a rookie.   And he's a rookie playing at, what is arguably, the 2nd hardest spot in football (now)             Combined with being in a defense not exactly tailored to his skills. 

Yep! He's a rookie, and there are definitely some things to feel good about, but I'd like to see him end on higher note. 

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I know. I really wish he could've stayed on with us, but we also have to remember that the guy was consistently hurt and wasn't playing well. Unfortunately we let him go and we could certainly use him. 

I'll tell you this right now, there's a chance Arizona marches the ball up and down the field on us just like Cincy did. I see this being a game where our offense HAS to score 30 points and has to get TDs and not FG's or we're going to lose. It's time to get the offense cranking. 

AZ obviously isn't very good, but they haven't quit. I thought Murray would be better, but he can be thrown down like a small child. 

9 hours ago, Icecube said:

How many rookies do much? At any position. But Greedy needs to grow. 

I won't lie, Kyler Murray and the Cardinals pretty much terrify me.  After watching the 1-11 Bengals march the ball up and down our throats and sustain multiple drives of over 5 minutes, I'm officially worried.  I mean, I think we made them punt like once, MAYBE twice.  How's our offense supposed to get into a groove when they don't have the ball?!  Murray also doesn't turn the ball over, so that's not good either.  I really believe this will be a game where our offense HAS to click or we WILL lose.  The good news?  The Cardinals' defense is beyond awful and they're weak against both the run AND pass.  My biggest concern offensively is Baker Mayfield's health.  I know he SAYS he's fine, but I wonder if his accuracy is being affected by that thumb injury.  Anyone who has ever damaged their thumb knows beyond a doubt that it hurts like a mofo AND it takes forever to heal.  If Baker is dialed in and not throwing high again, we're going to score a bunch of points.  

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I won't lie, Kyler Murray and the Cardinals pretty much terrify me.  After watching the 1-11 Bengals march the ball up and down our throats and sustain multiple drives of over 5 minutes, I'm officially worried.  I mean, I think we made them punt like once, MAYBE twice.  How's our offense supposed to get into a groove when they don't have the ball?!  Murray also doesn't turn the ball over, so that's not good either.  I really believe this will be a game where our offense HAS to click or we WILL lose.  The good news?  The Cardinals' defense is beyond awful and they're weak against both the run AND pass.  My biggest concern offensively is Baker Mayfield's health.  I know he SAYS he's fine, but I wonder if his accuracy is being affected by that thumb injury.  Anyone who has ever damaged their thumb knows beyond a doubt that it hurts like a mofo AND it takes forever to heal.  If Baker is dialed in and not throwing high again, we're going to score a bunch of points.  

AZ has a few nice front 7 players on D. And Peterson at CB (overrated). Even the depleted Steelers could run on them. Chubb and Hunt should have field days. But as we all know, anything can happen. 

The left side of AZ's D (Kerr and Jones) are good.... their right side not so much. Given the strength of our left side, we should be going that way early and often.

On 12/10/2019 at 6:00 PM, tiamat63 said:

Hammer, meet nail.  A lot of coaches are teaching corners to instead play the ball as it arrives.   For whatever reason, despite the fact that 'look and lean' tends to net less flags IMHO, it is a continued practice. 

Yup.... what I hate most is that any under throw is virtually a guaranteed PI. When the WR slows/stops for the ball the trailing DB rarely is able to avoid contacting the WR early.

On 12/11/2019 at 1:22 PM, Icecube said:

And now Joe is having a career year in Pitt. 

... primarily sitting in a zone.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The left side of AZ's D (Kerr and Jones) are good.... their right side not so much. Given the strength of our left side, we should be going that way early and often.

Yup.... what I hate most is that any under throw is virtually a guaranteed PI. When the WR slows/stops for the ball the trailing DB rarely is able to avoid contacting the WR early.

... primarily sitting in a zone.

Sitting in a zone, sitting on a throne - he's having his best season since his rookie year.