THE BROWNS BOARD

Pay Hunt. Period.

SkippinTurtles

13 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

CM is great.  Not sure how he got in the discussion.  I like Hunt healthy and hopefully Chubb for the next 6-8 years.  Would love more.  Start drafting guards.  Protect lil' Bake and pound the rock.

Since you refuse to answer the question,   I will put the words in your mouth that you refuse to say:   Answer:  "Nothing, there is nothing about McCaffrey's game that is not sustainable.  I am just  racist against white RBs". 

Anybody heard anything about whether or not Stefanski wants Hunt? I guess it's probably too early to know but man...I'd really like to have him back. Our red zone and goal line efficiency HAD to increase, although I don't have any stats to prove it. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Anybody heard anything about whether or not Stefanski wants Hunt? I guess it's probably too early to know but man...I'd really like to have him back. Our red zone and goal line efficiency HAD to increase, although I don't have any stats to prove it. 

Nov 13 -.  Yes they had issues. Some was play design and calling along with the OL.

BEREA, Ohio -- The Browns have struggled in the red zone and on the goal line this season, which is putting it kindly. It has been a grind for this team to finish drives.

The Browns, according to the NFL’s game stats and information site, are No. 26 in red zone percentage at 46.67 percent. Near the goal line, it’s worse. According to the NFL’s game stats and information site, the Browns are No. 29 in goal-to-go percentage at 47.37 percent. Only the Lions, Jaguars and Dolphins have been worse.

• Like 1

Hunt brings more than just what stats can bring.. When a player, that is use to winning, can openly speak out about other teammates not giving their all on each snap. Those are intangibles that we need that fits Bitonio's quote "We need to just win some f'ing games".. Stef valued the combination of RB's at Vikings and I see the same here, while adding a true FB into the mix. Hope is Hunt takes a reasonable deal cause Hilliard ain't no Hunt.. TE Demetrius Harris should be the X-Dorsey KC Chief out the exit door,, imho.. 

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Stef valued the combination of RB's at Vikings...

Which was a lead dog (Cook), a vet/journeyman (Abdullah) and a couple unknown pups. We have our lead dog so where does Hunt fit?

NFL teams simply don't invest heavily enough in RBs to keep 2 or starter quality RBs on a roster beyond their rookie deals.

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Which was a lead dog (Cook), a vet/journeyman (Abdullah) and a couple unknown pups. We have our lead dog so where does Hunt fit?

NFL teams simply don't invest heavily enough in RBs to keep 2 or starter quality RBs on a roster beyond their rookie deals.

Then why did we at one time have the likes of Mack and Byner on this team?  Pruitt and Pruitt?  I think it could certainly work.

I know, I know...you gotta do a proper allocation of the salary cap.  Why does it seem that it is just the Browns that get fucked by that situation? 

21 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It's a odder fit knowing Dorsey is out of Hunts future control hands.. and were not paying Chubb nor Baker for 2 more years so why not Hunt for 2 more? Is their a feature RB team am not seeing but maybe Detroit or Redskins that will overpay for Hunt? It will only take one

6 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

It's a odder fit knowing Dorsey is out of Hunts future control hands.. and were not paying Chubb nor Baker for 2 more years so why not Hunt for 2 more? Is their a feature RB team am not seeing but maybe Detroit or Redskins that will overpay for Hunt? It will only take one

You don't need teams to "overpay" to get a healthy return for a trade.  

Redskins would be a sweet landing spot though.  Hunt goes out of conference so we don't have that coming back to hurt us in the AFC,  Haskins gets a top 10 back to take pressure off of him and they should have great draft assets.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Because this isn't 40 years ago.  

Plus none of those RBs were around when the current FA started in '93.

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

If Hunt is willing to sign a reasonable, 2-year deal, sure... but if he's the transcendent talent the OP claims what are the odds of that?

For RBs as much or more than any other position the 2nd contract is the one where they get paid. And as much as it's a matter of the salary amount, it's also about the number of years and guaranteed money.

The only way we might compete is if we front-load a contract... and I don't see us doing that.

On 12/7/2019 at 10:02 PM, Tour2ma said:

Makes him a tweener.... very difficult to value.... very difficult to afford... at least beyond 2020.

In 2020 Hunt's a RFA so if we throw $3.278mm his way, then we'd get a 2020, 2nd-round pick in return, if he's signed away.

image.png.23041bc951e7f4e333cf5be3c44ea765.png

Someone might do it for a 2nd... , but his suspension history could be off-putting.

We've been here before..from page 1 of this thread as a matter of fact^^^ 2 years at 4M/yr fits the market for Hunt..till King Henry, Kamara & Melvin Gordon reset it 

14 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

We've been here before..from page 1 of this thread as a matter of fact^^^ 2 years at 4M/yr fits the market for Hunt..till King Henry, Kamara & Melvin Gordon reset it 

If you steadily eat too much they call that creeping obesity........if you're on these professional sports ever increasing pay scales it's called what, besides nice for the players?

Kind of like wage inflation, and every position then says what about us too and it keeps going.

15 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Making a tender offer is a strategy for gaining compensation should a player be lost to FA. It is not a price guideline.

I don't see Hunt signing a 2-year deal at $4mm/yr.

On 1/14/2020 at 2:56 PM, SkippinTurtles said:

Hunt, Chubb and Hill.

......Police found marijuana in a car driven by Cleveland Browns running back Kareem Hunt during a traffic stop Tuesday afternoon, according to an incident report obtained Friday morning by the Akron Beacon Journal.

Hunt was not cited for the marijuana. He was cited for speeding, going 77 mph in a 60 mph zone westbound on Interstate 90, Rocky River Police Department public information officer George Lichman said.

When Ptl. Mike Asbury pulled Hunt over at about 12:24 p.m. Tuesday, the odor of marijuana coming from inside the care prompted a probable cause search of the vehicle, according to the incident report. Hunt was placed in the rear of a police cruiser while the search was conducted, and “small amounts of marijuana” were located in three different locations inside a backpack on the car’s back seat......

Cleveland.com.....

.......Police issued Hunt a citation for speeding. Rocky River Municipal Court records do not indicate if and when Hunt is expected to make a court appearance.

If you’d like to comment on this story, visit Friday’s crime and courts comments section.   :lol: