THE BROWNS BOARD

Meyer as HC and GM

MLD Woody

29 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Heard this rumor earlier today, and now we're heading that Dorsey may be out 

Thoughts on Meyer taking BOTH roles?

Edit: Dorsey IS out

NFL.com reporting Dorsey was unwilling to have a reduced role, and instead said adios. 

I guess too much pride to say I made a big boo-boo promoting Freddie, and It's gonna be totally my show, or I take my football and go home.  .   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

NFL.com reporting Dorsey was unwilling to have a reduced role, and instead said adios. 

I guess too much pride to say I made a big boo-boo promoting Freddie, and It's gonna be totally my show, or I take my football and go home.  .   

Yeah.....sorry about that head coaching decision and the 6-10 thing, bye.

35 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

So now the Brown’s future endeavors are riding on DePodesta?

The same guy that helped Sashi Brown bring in all of that “NFL” talent.

To be fair, we really have no idea what this "braintrust" is going to look like. No idea who the GM will be, the head coach, if this is going to be an analytics-driven front office, a traditional "football guys" driven front office, a mix, whatever. I'd like to think that all this went down because the Haslams have the plan in order, but there's little past history that points to this.

Most likely, they are flying by the seats of their pants once again. 

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

To be fair, we really have no idea what this "braintrust" is going to look like. No idea who the GM will be, the head coach, if this is going to be an analytics-driven front office, a traditional "football guys" driven front office, a mix, whatever. I'd like to think that all this went down because the Haslams have the plan in order, but there's little past history that points to this.

Most likely, they are flying by the seats of their pants once again. 

Agree, I just have full confidence the Haslams are going to screw things up...again.

6 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

The brain trust has been and will be JimmyDee Haslam.  We’ve all been watching it. It’s just too bad there’s no gray matter to it

I never thought I would wish Randy Lerner still owned the team! 🤪

15 minutes ago, onkyoreceiver said:

Schefter is reporting an expanded role for Dee...word is whoever our new hire is will be reporting directly to her.

And she has hired her new team disciplinarian.  🧛‍♀️

• Elvira Cassandra Peterson with Spider Web 8x10 inch Photo

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Well, no. The plan all along was to guy the team for draft capital and they succeeded. 

12 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Look what our football guy built.  Look at his hand selected coach.  No way in hell he was going to be the voice hiring the next coach.  I think science needs to ask Dorsey for a DNA sample.  I think they might find the missing link.

14 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Look what our football guy built.  Look at his hand selected coach.  No way in hell he was going to be the voice hiring the next coach.  I think science needs to ask Dorsey for a DNA sample.  I think they might find the missing link.

Ya think so Buddy Boy (chew, chew, chew).😜

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

Good point Larry!  And I got the feeling Dorsey's version of absolute power included deciding who was active and who wasn't as well as who started and who sat.  In essence, he was a remote control HC that enabled Freddie to keep calling the plays as our OC (wearing a HC Title).  That became evident when he chose Freddie's inexperience as a HC over others.  Unfortunately, we lost some assistant coaches the players bought into or at least responded well to (especially the QB Coach and the OL Coach).  We subtracted a lot of what was going right to promote Freddie to something he clearly isn't wired for. 

Where this got really problematic at times (aside from crackpipe logic that had Baker dropping back to throw 4 times in a row following 1st and Goal at the Rams 1 yard line in spite of a RB like Chubb) was Freddie seemed most worried about what play he wanted to call next rather than paying attention to certain calls that he should be challenging.  Then, he's challenge ones we had very little chance of getting reversed.  The discipline was also a train-wreck far too frequently for comfort.   

12 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I never thought I would wish Randy Lerner still owned the team! 🤪

They’re about like clones. Neither started a successful business. They’re money was given to them.
And it’s true, lousy football teams are the product of lousy ownership.   
Even the rat birds got better when modell went to hell

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Even the rat birds got better when modell went to hell

They were good the last 4 years of his life. He made Ozzie GM when they moved to BLT.