THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the NFL PLayoffs

Zombo

Just FYI, here are some Factoids:   Last championship (actual championships...not conference titles or the equivalents...where they did not lose their last game)  won by each team:

Vikings......have never won a championship since inception in 1960

Titans....franchise has not won a championship since they won the AFL title in 1961 as the Houston Oilers

Chiefs.....Have not won  championship since their victory in SBIV in 1969.

49ers.....Have not won a Championship since they won the Super Bowl in 1996

Texans.....have never won a championship since their inception in 2001

Packers....Last Championship was Super Bowl win in 2010

Ravens.....Last Championship was Super Bowl win in 2012

Seahawks....Last Championship was Super Bowl win in 2013

3 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

The kick off times next week look odd to me. The Saturday game on the west coast is the early game?? 

The 4:35 EDT start time is typical for a West Coast/ Pacific Time Zone start. It just looks weird due to the days other game following it in Prime time.

It's actually the Sunday games that are unusual start times.

49 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

That’s a real pain for an English Bitch like me

Damn, LB.... teed that one up for Dutch... ;)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Wonder why Brian Schottenheimer isn't generating more HC buzz?

Especially in CLE and not just due to his Daddy...

• SEA has the run-oriented Offense we aspire to have.
  • Baker is a Wilsonesque(-ish) QB.
  • His playcalling has a nice flow to it.
  • 20-year coach with 10 at the OC level.

THANK YOU!!!

10 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Yeah noticed they’ve moved them to later slots. That’s a real pain for an English Bitch like me ;)

I always thought of you more as an English Bastard than an English Bitch....it always seemed more masculine...or, are you telling us something.  (i.e. are you actually female?)

On 1/3/2020 at 12:07 PM, The Gipper said:

I am game:

Buffalo at Houston.     Agree that home field is the edge here that lets the DumbAssTexans move on:    Houston by 3 over Bills

Tennessee at New England.    Would love to see Vrabel (did I tell you that his dad coached football at my high school) take out his old boss,  BBF (Bitter Beer Face).......BUT.....that   Joe/Tom/Dick/Harry  Brady guy still plays for NE, and they are at home, and he is going to beat a guy named Tannehill.   Pats by 10

Minnesota at New Orleans.   Minnesota is my rooting favorite to come out of the NFC....but my rooting interests means diddley about who actually will win.   I think NoLa wins not only this game....but wins the NFC.     Saints by 13

Seattle at Philly.  Philly has great cheesesteaks. Philly has the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. Philly has a statue of Rocky.   What Philly will not have is a win in the 2019 NFL postseason.   Seattle by 11 at least.

As for photos of administrative assistants.....it seems that if I post a photo of any "young woman"....like, under 50 flugs will accuse me of posting pictures of young teenagers....completely false....unless like Kaley Cuoco,  Sophia Loren, Jayne Mansfield, Marilyn Monroe were teenagers to him.

So, here you go:

I got one spot on:  DATs by 3.   One I got close:  Seattle by 8 rather than my predicted 11.   The other two I missed on....but I don't feel bad because while they were not my "picks"  as if I had money on them,  those 2 were my rooting interest.    I had wanted the Bills to win as well, but they blew it. (let's NOT hire Brian DaBoll here, please).   I had no rooting interest in that last game....Philly/Seattle.....until, that is, Josh McCown got in the game and I was rooting for him then. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

But....can we all say that at least for this week we are all Titans fans? 

Well never underestimate the power of a tough running game combined with a very good defense. Just let the Ravens' offense sit on the bench for long stretches.

On 1/5/2020 at 7:49 PM, The Gipper said:

You know B.U.T.    He probably watches game film 40 hours a week, and he spends 1 hour a week on these commercials.  But you begrudge him that one hour. 

But B.U.T.   Dutch is wrong....you don't masturbate to Baker commercials, you masturbate to Colin Cowherd programming.   Perhaps we should all begrudge you the 15 seconds of your life it takes you to climax to that. 

On 1/5/2020 at 7:32 PM, Baking up Turnovers said: I'm a douchebag.  

FYI guys, I warned him a couple days ago, and Z kicked the Baker Basher off for good today.... and he won't be missed. 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

On 1/5/2020 at 7:32 PM, Baking up Turnovers said: I'm a douchebag.  

FYI guys, I warned him a couple days ago, and Z kicked the Baker Basher off for good today.... and he won't be missed. 

You mean he won't get to come back in 30 days? 

Or he's REALLY REALLY kicked off? 😀

13 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You mean he won't get to come back in 30 days? 

Or he's REALLY REALLY kicked off? 😀

Unless he's like that Raven assclown hiding behind a VPN,  yup- Baking up Turnovers is a goner.  :)   

Being a Douchebag

Zombo
 Revoke

Warning issued by Zombo

9 hours ago

Penalty

• Given 2 points which will never expire.
  • Banned - Indefinitely

Note for member

You are a fucking douchebag

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Unless he's like that Raven assclown hiding behind a VPN,  yup- Baking up Turnovers is a goner.  :)   

Being a Douchebag

Zombo
 Revoke

Warning issued by Zombo

9 hours ago

Penalty

• Given 2 points which will never expire.
  • Banned - Indefinitely

Note for member

You are a fucking douchebag

Hey I got 2 penalty points once and now I have 0. I earned those damn things. What's up with that?😇

Oh and PS-Baker Manziel was a turnover machine this year just like Rivers.🤣

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hey I got 2 penalty points once and now I have 0. I earned those damn things. What's up with that?😇

And Brett Favre is the career leader in Ints.    and Roger Staubach had nearly a 1:1 ratio in career Ints to TDs. 

Each of these guys

Having a lot of turnovers isn't really the issue.  The issue is can you lead your team and win.

39 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And Brett Favre is the career leader in Ints.    and Roger Staubach had nearly a 1:1 ratio in career Ints to TDs. 

Each of these guys

Having a lot of turnovers isn't really the issue.  The issue is can you lead your team and win.

And this year compared to last the answer is a definite, "No!" when considering W-L as the starting QB.

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Moderators  can revoke  penalty points.  Apparently  yours were removed for  good  behavior.  We could  even reinstate  Baking.  But we  won't. :)

The upcoming  season  will be  critical for  Mayfield. BTW I just wasted 5 minutes listening  to Colon Cow-pie rag on Baker again (us fans were booing him after the Ravens game, we don't  love him anymore) and suck up  to Mr. Wonderful  Sam Darnold.  

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Apparently  yours were removed for  good  behavior. 

IIRC it was because Ag's "Manzealot" reparative therapy was successful...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And this year compared to last the answer is a definite, "No!" when considering W-L as the starting QB.

But then I attribute so much more....responsibility...for that on the HC than on the QB.  And I think most would likely agree with that. 

(And like I noted elsewhere.....this team gave up 30 pts in 6 games..... by most estimation that is playing losing defense)

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

IIRC it was because Ag's "Manzealot" reparative therapy was successful...

True, but I'm letting no one forget about Derrick Henry.   LOL!🤣

PS-I could also add Tyler Lockett to that record of non-draft choices.😁 F'n Browns are idiots.

I haven't come up with one for 2020 yet, but I'm sure I will. And you can bet the Browns will pass him up. 👎

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

But then I attribute so much more....responsibility...for that on the HC than on the QB.  And I think most would likely agree with that. 

(And like I noted elsewhere.....this team gave up 30 pts in 6 games..... by most estimation that is playing losing defense)

Baker's play was just awful so a great deal has to be attributed to him. Too much "swinging for the fences" instead of moving the chains like the best NFL QB's do.

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No it was mainly Ferd

Sorry but over and over again throughout the season he made bad decisions. Here are 22 BM INTs on youtube with comments on Baker's decisions.  Go back to the beginning.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I can see why telling yourself this would be very comforting. 

But, I am not telling this to myself,  I am telling it to you, because it apparently is not getting through your thick head.   

Freddie Kitchens was THE major problem with this team and the operation of its offense.  I know that to be true.  The Cleveland Browns know it to be true.  It is why he was fired...by them. Not me.   THEY do not believe that Baker was the major problem.  Did Baker have problems? Sure.  Some of his own creation?  Sure. Were his own problems seen to be significant enough for this team to give up on him?  Absolutely NOT.  Freddie's were.  He is now gone.  This team has not been hesitant to make a move when they think they have a QB that can't hack it in the future.   

They did NOT give Kizer, Kessler, Manziel, Hoyer, Weeden, Quinn, Frye anything like what they are giving Baker to try to prove themselves.   Going back to Bernie  the only guy they have given as much of a chance to to see if he can be the guy is  Tim Couch  who started parts of 5 seasons.   and Derek Anderson got the  major parts of 2 seasons....and some smaller parts of 2 others.    Baker will obviously be given a full third season and a chance to see how he can do with this new coach...unless you think they are going to be bringing in Tom Brady to play here?    If Baker badly falters next year with a new system....then maybe we have something to talk about with him.  

Baker had 22 INTs, and only got surpassed by Jameis Winston who had 30. Jameis has got over 5,000 yards last two years and has more TDs than Mayfield, but still has a doubtful future in Tampa. Why? Because INTs kill teams.

And Baker is not out of blame for HIS INTs. Yeah, some are thanks to the receivers, but other QBs have them too. He has also had some "no-INTs" that could have been had the defender made the play. Very poor reads, bad platform due to a poor footwork are some of the reasons I recall. 

And don't forget about the ball protection or pocket awareness. He has some fumbles and sacks where I was shouting to the TV before he would do something stupid.