THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

Dutch Oven

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Sure....the question though is:    What ARE our realistic  expectations?    I have NO delusions of grandeur.  Slightly better than 6-10  could literally be what we can hope for it seems. 

Yet you’re talking about realistic expectations in January. Time will tell. The team should be significantly better.

Just now, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Yet you’re talking about realistic expectations in January. Time will tell. The team should be significantly better.

Well....given the talent I guess your are right.  The assumption is that Stinky will be a significant improvement over Ferd.  

At this point, that is as good as we can hope for. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Just saw this...”Kevin Stefanski values player usage/positioning over plays. Polar opposite from Freddie Kitchens”

thank goodness.  I’m tired of Hilliard flanked out and Harris targeted and some new WR called upon on 3rd and 5

I hope we don’t see anymore draw plays on 4th and 9.

Or a 25 yard slant play on 3rd and 1.

• Thanks 1

first video - "this hire isn't a good hire, ...it's a GREAT HIRE"

a genius offensive coach - opposite of Kitchens.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28469819/sources-browns-plan-hire-vikings-oc-kevin-stefanski-head-coach

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

first video - "this hire isn't a good hire, ...it's a GREAT HIRE"

a genius offensive coach - opposite of Kitchens.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28469819/sources-browns-plan-hire-vikings-oc-kevin-stefanski-head-coach

Not buying the hype Cal. With respects to The Who- "meet the new coach, same as the old coach- we won't get fooled again."   Color me unexcited. As the say in Missouri- SHOW ME. It can start by winning your opener, that we haven't done in almost forever. That's one they missed on in the ESPN blurb- longest opening day losing streak. Besides Division Title, playoff appearance, and winning record- all league worsts.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Again the Browns bring in an underwhelming HC. I mean it wasn’t Stefanski’s fault the Vikings offense struggled he only had Diggs, Cook, Theilen and Rudolph.

Taco, now you. I'm only missing Browns52 to call it a downer weekend. 

23 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Again the Browns bring in an underwhelming HC. I mean it wasn’t Stefanski’s fault the Vikings offense struggled he only had Diggs, Cook, Theilen and Rudolph.

...and there were guys in the QB's face all game long.  

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Not buying the hype Cal. With respects to The Who- "meet the new coach, same as the old coach- we won't get fooled again."   Color me unexcited. As the say in Missouri- SHOW ME. It can start by winning your opener, that we haven't done in almost forever. That's one they missed on in the ESPN blurb- longest opening day losing streak. Besides Division Title, playoff appearance, and winning record- all league worsts.  

well, I bought into the hype with the last two failure hc's...so third time is the charm. Personally, I put a lot of stock in who said also, it's a "fantastic" hire in the video. that means serious stuff, imho.

This time, I'm seeing that they learned their lesson. Stephanski is no "nice guy fuddy duddy nincampoop gonna fail" guy. you betcha. and that is with a UDFA at ROG and a terrific RT that got hurt in the playoff game.

50 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I hope we don’t see anymore draw plays on 4th and 9.

Or a 25 yard slant play on 3rd and 1.

Just properly use the weapons we have:

Beckham 

Landry

Chubb 

Hunt 

80-90% of your touches spread out amongst these 4.

and please when we need a play it’s not time outthink the defense and hit Harris on a skinny post 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louisville Slugger said:

If he gets a coaching staff of Kubiak and Schwartz than I can live with it. 

I dont have a good feeling about this though 

Nor should you since the Eagles had already announced they wanted Schwartz back if he did not get our HC job.

Plus since Vikes have already announced that they want to expend Zimmer's contract it would not surprise me to see Kubiak stay on that staff.

13 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

well, I bought into the hype with the last two failure hc's...so third time is the charm. Personally, I put a lot of stock in who said also, it's a "fantastic" hire in the video. that means serious stuff, imho.

This time, I'm seeing that they learned their lesson. Stephanski is no "nice guy fuddy duddy nincampoop gonna fail" guy. you betcha. and that is with a UDFA at ROG and a terrific RT that got hurt in the playoff game.

I'm not ready to go ski-ing yet Cal. But to Kevin's credit, he does have a longer resume than the departed Freddie. We'll have to see if Re-podesta is right. Or he's just really good at snowing Haslam under with analytics. 

Well all excuses are gone for the Analytics Boys. They got their coach, they'll have one of their own as GM, and you have to think DePodesta will stay onboard now since he's gotten his way. Can't blame Hue for backstabbing Sashi anymore, can't blame Dorsey for ignoring DePodesta. 

They have the entire team lined up under "THE PROCESS: PART DEUX". No more mis-matched marriages. No more square pegs going into round holes. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, bbedward said:

Don't love it but don't hate it either. His offense is uninspiring but will have to see who he chooses for assistants.

Absolutely... who Stef attracts to his staff is the first real sign of his worth.

22 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

well, I bought into the hype with the last two failure hc's...

So you are the one who bought into Hue...

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Well all excuses are gone for the Analytics Boys.

We were making excuses???

Not to mention it's not as if your "football guys" nailed it...

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Jesus, you have gone compete Gipper when it comes to these guys. 

Congrats. 

And the "Analytics Boys" comments were referring to the front office guys affiliated with Sashi, DePodesta, et al, not you. 

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Dorse did a damn sight better than the Huebatross and Sashimi. I believe even Brown was surprised that the extent his teardown resulted in..   

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Dorse did a damn sight better than the Huebatross and Sashimi. I believe even Browns was surprised that the extent his teardown resulted in..   

Don't bother, hoorta.

Tour is in complete Gipper-mode when it comes to THE PROCESS braintrust. You aren't getting him to admit any failing from them, ever. 

Oh sure, he'll try to do a false equivalency and say, for example, that I prayed at the alter that was John Dorsey, when I could show time after time I questioned his moves. No such thing exists for Tour and THE PROCESS. 

I don"t have any issue with the analytic crowd, and every front office and coach in 2020 uses developed metrics and grading to some extent.

Where I take issue with is the lack of affirmation, the circular logic of sorts that we saw from the previous over use of it.  Especially in regards to the draft and personnel.  Sure it worked with mid rounds like Schob.    Numbers should back up film. Film should back up numbers. I believe my very first comments on Corey Coleman were,  "this kid owes Art Briles his signing bonus".  Go search and double check that for me.    But your first picks in those early rounds have to be contributors, they HAVE to hit for the sake of your team.    The film on CC and Ogbah didn't back up the grades.   

The lack of that recognition is what concerns me.  Again, their God cannot be questioned.   When applied with a certain... meta cognition, those advanced metrics and data collection can be quite helpful to any team.

• Upvote 2