THE BROWNS BOARD

Corona Virus is in Cuyahoga County

MLD Woody

A friend just texted me on that. The biggest problem is this virus stays viable on furniture, handrails, etc for days instead of minutes

I guarantee you it's already been lurking around for a couple weeks. They just got their first damn test kit Thursday. 

The panicked overreaction to this is astounding. What's next? Walmart bum fights for toilet paper? Much as trump is a clown and people are all over his "hunch" that the mortality rate is sub-1% he will be proven correct in time. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I guarantee you it's already been lurking around for a couple weeks. They just got their first damn test kit Thursday. 

The panicked overreaction to this is astounding. What's next? Walmart bum fights for toilet paper? Much as trump is a clown and people are all over his "hunch" that the mortality rate is sub-1% he will be proven correct in time. 

You're in the .2% chance of death if you contract it. People my age are in the 8% chance. Why would you worry in the least?

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You're in the .2% chance of death if you contract it. People my age are in the 8% chance. Why would you worry in the least?

8% of the sickest individuals. They're still only testing the obviously sick and those who have been known to be in contact with them. South Korea has the best information available at the moment and the mortality rate is sub 1%

I agree with some who are posting about the fear and panic over this coronavirus is not reasonable and justified.

It was understandable at first the panic from the coronavirus with the disturbing videos in China of what was happening there. Now we know more about this flu and the mortality rate is not as bad as we originally thought. I hope the panic starts to go down. This is not the Spanish Flu. The worst part of this flu seems to be how easily it is transmitted and spreads. Most people should just go on with their normal lives and take the regular precautions  of any flu season such as washing hands and keeping hands from your face. The elderly and those with other medical conditions should take more measures such as limiting public contact. Trump got slammed for saying this but he has been proven to be right.

The 24/7 cable news crowd will probably continue to hype up this health crisis non stop helping to fuel the panic (which should not be a health crisis) because it is good for ratings and political reasons such as trying to make the coronavirus Trump's hurricane Katrina.

It looks like this coronavirus will put the entire world in recession and it shouldn't because this is all fear and panic driven. It is a serious problem but shouldn't be a crisis problem.

• Thanks 2

PSA for you guys. Because of the Coronavirus many of those in Panic mode are asking others to work from home if possible. In that case this Patrick's Day I will be performing in my living room instead of driving to Medina on tap. It's for your own good. I will have a keg of Guinness in the kitchen. And we will have green face masks.

(just kidding. You guys should really all come out to the on tap in Medina)

WSS

20191222_071642.jpg

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It looks like this coronavirus will put the entire world in recession and it shouldn't because this is all fear and panic driven. It is a serious problem but shouldn't be a crisis problem.

The oil price war between Russia and the Saudi's will have a far more lasting effect the longer they play "chicken". If I were Trump I would stop with the "low prices at the pump are good" and offer to become the negotiator between the two. Prolly won't do much but it might mean more vote retention. Low prices at the pump will cost a ton of jobs. Trump has not figured that out yet.

8 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

8% of the sickest individuals. They're still only testing the obviously sick and those who have been known to be in contact with them. South Korea has the best information available at the moment and the mortality rate is sub 1%

Got a good link to that Cisco? I provided the link by conservative source Newsmax earlier in the other thread to the Chinese data analyzed by the World Health Organization. It was 8% of anyone 70-79 and 14.8 for those 80 and over. It was not 8% of the sickest individuals as you stated. And it was only .2% in your age group, but you graduate to .4% in May. BTW hitting 40 is the worst shock to the system of all the decades up through 70 so far. You may keel over from that alone. 😁

47 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

PSA for you guys. Because of the Coronavirus many of those in Panic mode are asking others to work from home if possible. In that case this Patrick's Day I will be performing in my living room instead of driving to Medina on tap. It's for your own good. I will have a keg of Guinness in the kitchen. And we will have green face masks.

(just kidding. You guys should really all come out to the on tap in Medina)

WSS

20191222_071642.jpg

Wanna have a little fun Steve? Go into a coughing fit on stage near the end to see the reaction. Then just say it was early April Fools.🤧😁

7 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Wanna have a little fun Steve? Go into a coughing fit on stage near the end to see the reaction. Then just say it was early April Fools.🤧😁

Better yet, wear a mask and surgical gloves, and put a little ketchup on the mask.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

While singing "Don't Fear The Reaper".😂

Had an old friend who I was stationed with on Okinawa die yesterday morning.  He had just turned 67.  Not sure how he died, but lets just say he was a wild one back in the day.  Heard it from his daughter.  He had been living in central America for over 10 years and just moved to Florida.

32 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The oil price war between Russia and the Saudi's will have a far more lasting effect the longer they play "chicken". If I were Trump I would stop with the "low prices at the pump are good" and offer to become the negotiator between the two. Prolly won't do much but it might mean more vote retention. Low prices at the pump will cost a ton of jobs. Trump has not figured that out yet.

Got a good link to that Cisco? I provided the link by conservative source Newsmax earlier in the other thread to the Chinese data analyzed by the World Health Organization. It was 8% of anyone 70-79 and 14.8 for those 80 and over. It was not 8% of the sickest individuals as you stated. And it was only .2% in your age group, but you graduate to .4% in May. BTW hitting 40 is the worst shock to the system of all the decades up through 70 so far. You may keel over from that alone. 😁

Get my name right or learn how to use the magical Google machine