THE BROWNS BOARD

Corona Virus is in Cuyahoga County

MLD Woody

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Fantastic.  By that math it's 300x the mortality rate of  the swine flu.  That same one which killed 12k people.

Funny how exponential shit gets when that number column moves just ONCE to the left.

Wait, your article says .6%.   Not .06%.     You do realize the HUGE difference between those two, correct?

OK...in this case zeroes are not my friend.

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

All you Muhammad's come off your mountain when you see a "gotcha moment".

Well, no man. Not really. We're talking about a crisis and you had the number wrong by an order of 10

I'm not even trying to "get you". I'm just clarifying.

I like numbers. I wanted to see what was in that article, as there seemed to be posters on two different sides. I just saw your posted number was wrong. Not meant to "get you".

9 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

All you Muhammad's come off your mountain when you see a "gotcha moment".

Being wrong by, quite literally, 10 fold, is not a "gotcha moment".

I just had to tell another nurse friend of mine to delete a facebook post that detailed how this was all media driven and it's basically not bad at all and it's only because it's "election year".   Mostly because if she's wrong, as a medical professional, that personal post on FB can be used as material to fire her ass should things go even further sideways. 

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I just had to tell another nurse friend of mine to delete a facebook post that detailed how this was all media driven and it's basically not bad at all and it's only because it's "election year".   Mostly because if she's wrong, as a medical professional, that personal post on FB can be used as material to fire her ass should things go even further sideways. 

Yeah it's shitty to politicize a lot of things (which we see on here all of the time), but to politicize a literal pandemic (which has also happened on here) seems especially irresponsible.

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah it's shitty to politicize a lot of things (which we see on here all of the time), but to politicize a literal pandemic (which has also happened on here) seems especially irresponsible.

Who is politicizing a pandemic? Do you mean what Nancy Pelosi was doing by attempting to put pro abortion legislation into a coronavirus bill?

https://www.frc.org/updatearticle/20200313/virus-bill

15 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Who is politicizing a pandemic? Do you mean what Nancy Pelosi was doing by attempting to put pro abortion legislation into a coronavirus bill?

https://www.frc.org/updatearticle/20200313/virus-bill

Sure. Yes. Nancy is. Trump is. Their followers are. A bunch of people are. 

And for the majority of the country in the middle that isn't on the fringes, pole riding their party, it's pretty stupid. 

Sure. Yes. Nancy is. Trump is. Their followers are. A bunch of people are. 

And for the majority of the country in the middle that isn't on the fringes, pole riding their party, it's pretty stupid. 

What has Trump done that compares to Pelosi holding up the coronavirus legislation to try to get in pro abortion legislation? I thought Trump seemed to minimize the virus threat early on but he had a good reason not to induce panic in the public and that is understandable.

What Pelosi did is more of the democrat playbook of never letting a crisis go to waste and you are right this is not the time to play games.

3 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

What has Trump done that compares to Pelosi holding up the coronavirus legislation to try to get in pro abortion legislation? I thought Trump seemed to minimize the virus threat early on but he had a good reason not to induce panic in the public and that is understandable.

What Pelosi did is more of the democrat playbook of never letting a crisis go to waste and you are right this is not the time to play games.

I mean Trump took to Twitter to go after Biden when this virus first started. Not to mention pretty much straight up lying on Twitter (tho I guess that isn't new).

Not to mention your Pelosi claims are allegations from unnamed White House officials in an article that originated on a right wing website. Plus I can find articles that say basically the complete opposite, that Republicans held up talks because they wanted pro life language in there. Both stories are out there. 

Whatever happened there the bill passed pretty quickly so I'm sure it was blown out of proportion to get the basis worked up. 

32 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

There is a big difference between what I posted and your example above. My post was a positive one that showed how South Korea was showing the way with massive testings and their mortality rate was not showing nearly as high as China's. I got the decimal point wrong admittedly but the article I linked had it correct.

I mean Trump took to Twitter to go after Biden when this virus first started. Not to mention pretty much straight up lying on Twitter (tho I guess that isn't new).

Not to mention your Pelosi claims are allegations from unnamed White House officials in an article that originated on a right wing website. Plus I can find articles that say basically the complete opposite, that Republicans held up talks because they wanted pro life language in there. Both stories are out there. 

Whatever happened there the bill passed pretty quickly so I'm sure it was blown out of proportion to get the basis worked up. 

Trump made the correct move with a travel ban to China early on and  Trump was correct in saying the virus came from China for which Biden called him a racist and xenophobic

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/12/biden-calls-trump-racist-for-stating-the-fact-that-wuhan-virus-began-in-china/

16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

go ahead. the original bill was tainted with abortion language. go find those articles.

On 3/9/2020 at 2:52 PM, MLD Woody said:

3 confirmed cases

Wow... 3? When we only have 4 total? And soon will be all gone... like a miracle?

On 3/14/2020 at 5:22 PM, OldBrownsFan said:

Trump made the correct move with a travel ban to China early on and  Trump was correct in saying the virus came from China for which Biden called him a racist and xenophobic

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/12/biden-calls-trump-racist-for-stating-the-fact-that-wuhan-virus-began-in-china/

Too bad he did not think of "from China" as well.

Genius... I tells ya... GENIUS!

so, last time I went to the store, yesterday morning, I brought more green tea. And, I bought a ginger/lime/White hybiscus tea.

Great for immunity. I made myself some - I like it strong - but this stuff tasted like fermented horsecrap with a lot of black pepper. Way too much ginger, which I don't like anyways.

what in the ...

dammit. Had to toss it in the sink, and I'll throw it out.