THE BROWNS BOARD

Ohio Closes all Restaurants and Bars. Carry Out and Delivery Only

OldBrownsFan

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Great- and when his experts tell him to shut down the grocery stores- the TP hoarders were ahead of the curve. 

i will deliver your tp for a price

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

1) People. Are. Stupid. 

2) If the medical experts are pointing to this it is our best course of action. We may not like it, but it is needed to flatten the curve and allow our medical system to keep up. 

1) No shit. And pardon the profane response, but I'm seriously pissed off. 

2) There is room for debate in the medical community (see Dr. Drew)  if this is indeed the best course of action. I'll address this specifically to you. We can shut down the whole fucking country and tell everyone to stay home for three weeks. Guess what? The goddamm virus isn't going to magically go away in the meantime. so- flattening the curve isn't going to do jack shit as far as the eventual number of fatalities is concerned. . The "elderly" and  at risk folks that are gonna die, are gonna die regardless of whatever the fucking hell the paranoids decide we need to do. 

There, I feel better about my rant. At current consumption levels, my wine cellar is good for a couple years at least. An with respects to Thorogood, I will drink alone. .  :)  

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

2) There is room for debate in the medical community (see Dr. Drew)  if this is indeed the best course of action. I'll address this specifically to you. We can shut down the whole fucking country and tell everyone to stay home for three weeks. Guess what? The goddamm virus isn't going to magically go away in the meantime. so- flattening the curve isn't going to do jack shit as far as the eventual number of fatalities is concerned. . The "elderly" and  "at risk" folks that are gonna die, are gonna die regardless of whatever the fucking hell the paranoids decide we need to do. 

There, I feel better about my rant. At current consumption levels, my wine cellar is good for a couple years at least. And with respects to Thorogood, I will drink alone. .  :)  

I see the logic of what they are trying to do in keeping a spike from happening where too many people will be in need of ventilators at the same time and then doctors are forced to make decisions (not having enough ventilators) as to who lives and who dies like has happened to Italy. Spreading it out makes sense to me.

I don't see the logic of Ohio taking drastic measures when the surrounding states are not.

JMO

9 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

As an older individual you should be supportive of doing whatever we can to slow the virus down. 

Not at whatever cost Woody. Not at ANY cost, and that sure as shit seems to be the government MO. And the cost is now sending tens (more like hundreds of) of thousands of restaurant\ convenience store workers to the unemployment lines. For a virus that looks like it's slightly more lethal the the common flu. The Democrats are creaming their pants about the impending recession that will kick Trump to the curb. 

Honest question- if this was instead Chinese wunan flu virus A you honestly think we'd be doing all this crap? 

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

2) There is room for debate in the medical community (see Dr. Drew)  if this is indeed the best course of action. I'll address this specifically to you. We can shut down the whole fucking country and tell everyone to stay home for three weeks. Guess what? The goddamm virus isn't going to magically go away in the meantime. so- flattening the curve isn't going to do jack shit as far as the eventual number of fatalities is concerned. . The "elderly" and  at risk folks that are gonna die, are gonna die regardless of whatever the fucking hell the paranoids decide we need to do. 

There, I feel better about my rant. At current consumption levels, my wine cellar is good for a couple years at least. An with respects to Thorogood, I will drink alone. .  :)  

Re: #2

You are... Considerably wrong.

Honestly hoorta I think you are very incorrect, and I imagine others may respond as to why.

It entirely matters that we limit the spread of this disease, and we're doing that by essentially enforcing social distancing. That slows the spread of the disease and allows the health care system to stay under capacity while we work on a vaccine. We don't want to be in the situation Italy is in.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Re: #2

You are... Considerably wrong.

In what way? Put all the at risk individuals in bubble wrap?  Make sure we have enough ventilators for the "big spike"? The latest is the virus in acute cases destroys lung tissue beyond repair- regardless of "heroic measures". After spending my entire life in the medical profession- (blood banking) seeing people fight to the last platelet- there's a time when a SANE family has to say giving the person another week isn't worth it. 

And I 100% stand by my response. Shutting the state or country down will have only a minimal effect on the eventual # of fatalities. LOL- and I seriously doubt at this point you have any data that would contradict my stance. I wouldn't trust China data as far as I could flush it down a toilet. 

17 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Honestly hoorta I think you are very incorrect, and I imagine others may respond as to why.

It entirely matters that we limit the spread of this disease, and we're doing that by essentially enforcing social distancing. That slows the spread of the disease and allows the health care system to stay under capacity while we work on a vaccine. We don't want to be in the situation Italy is in.

Then stay home and hide under your bed. The vast majority of the Italian fatalities are in the 80+ age group, and we've locked down the assisted living centers. OMG- we need to shut the country down to protect the few who might have serious effects of the infection. 

Sorry about the profanity again, but you have no fucking idea on how hard it is- at least in the United States- about the time frame and bureaucratic hoops you have to jump through to bring a new vaccine or drug into the market. It would be beyond a miracle to bring an effective corona vaccine on the market before the end of the year. And by then, whatever's going to happen, is going to happen. The Democrats would love martial law- and open your eyes- the latest DeWine mandate is one step away from it. 

Let's just ban the transfer of all money for 3 months Mkay?

I mean, has anyone seen a valid  study on how long this survives on currency??

OHHH the humanity!!!!!!!!

Let's all just cower in our burrows

Until the main stream media deems it safe to emerge..

or the economy is ruined.

10 minutes ago, Axe said:

The last is the important point. shutting down bars and restaurants is a sure fire way to trigger a recession. Over a virus scare that is only going to not at all, or only moderately affect 95% of the population. If you're in the 5% head to a deserted island, or a nursing home. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

The last is the important point. shutting down bars and restaurants is a sure fire way to trigger a recession. Over a virus scare that is only going to not at all, or only moderately affect 95% of the population. If you're in the 5% head to a deserted island, or a nursing home. 

right. That 5% in Italy just all went to nursing homes. Problem solved.... 

🙅
1 hour ago, Axe said:

jesus, we get it all ready, "MSM BAD"... 

just don't do anything to endanger anyone else.

I imagine you've stopped washing your hands because ABC said it was a good idea

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

jesus, we get it all ready, "MSM BAD"... 

just don't do anything to endanger anyone else.

I imagine you've stopped washing your hands because ABC said it was a good idea

You really are one stupid fucking c u n t

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I can see what the goal is, to keep the disaster Italy is experiencing from happening here. If we have a spike in serious cases of the virus all at once our hospitals will be overwhelmed. Our local hospital already has a sign up saying not to enter the hospital if you have symptoms of the virus but to leave and contact your medical provider.

Bingo... listen to the experts.

Now about that global warming thing...

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Reducing fatalities is exactly what flattening the curve is about. I'm sure your wife, the nurse, can explain it to you.

We can approach keeping the affected employees whole with the bill awaiting Moscow Mitch to get back from his long weekend.

5 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I don't see the logic of Ohio taking drastic measures when the surrounding states are not.

Maybe Ohio needs to build a wall... ;)

Most of us will get coronavirus, if we haven't already. The difference is the amount of exposure we get. 

Picture the virus as a gas. It's not the same having someone spraying it to you once, like cologne, and entering a room full of that gas. Your system will take it anyway, yes, and fight it from the very beginning, but some situations are more overwhelming than others. 

So preventing it from spreading only makes more sense. Because if health care system collapses, you're not only going to have more coronavirus fatalities, but also fatalities related to other conditions that in normal circumstances you could have taken care of. 

And I know that in the US the situation is not that critical, yes (wait for it), but countries don't put themselves in state of emergency for the pure pleasure of doing so. The economic impact will be notable, but for example in Italy they are in such position that they have to decide who gets treated and who doesn't because they can't save everyone. 

I have 3 very close friends from the same family who just lost their grandmother from coronavirus. She was old so no surprise there. But we couldn't meet them, only 16 people were allowed into the cementery and she was buried in plastic. This is no joke. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

The knee slapper is the amount of people here that are "pro life" who are more worried about economic slump over potentially saving lives.

And now we find the fraud in that line of belief.

I for one am pro life and worried about the economic damage as well. I think you can be concerned about both at the same time. I come down on the savings lives side of the argument as the main priority but I see nothing wrong in trying to save lives while also attempting to minimize the economic damage.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Maybe Ohio needs to build a wall... ;)

What is needed is coordination particularly among neighboring states.

The southern border needs a wall but ironically now Mexico is suddenly concerned about securing the border now that we have an outbreak of the coronavirus.

16 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Dear friend of mine lives in Westlake, his wife works for UH.  Says she's seeing an increase of people coming in through the doors already and being admitted.

Anybody remember Jaws?  "You are going to ignore this particular problem until it swims up and bites you IN THE ASS".

I'm hoping we aren't the mayor of Amity Island.   

You guys pray?        Pray.     Above all else, despite our disagreements, arguments, harsh language... stay alive.     

17 hrs · 
"No weapon formed against thee shall prosper"

89251184_1655560984593008_3288105031991033856_n.jpg

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Then stay home and hide under your bed. The vast majority of the Italian fatalities are in the 80+ age group, and we've locked down the assisted living centers. OMG- we need to shut the country down to protect the few who might have serious effects of the infection. 

Sorry about the profanity again, but you have no fucking idea on how hard it is- at least in the United States- about the time frame and bureaucratic hoops you have to jump through to bring a new vaccine or drug into the market. It would be beyond a miracle to bring an effective corona vaccine on the market before the end of the year. And by then, whatever's going to happen, is going to happen. The Democrats would love martial law- and open your eyes- the latest DeWine mandate is one step away from it. 

more like three steps away from it. Some other dem politicians are talking about going after guns because "it's an emergency".

the corrupt politicization of this virus spread is nauseating.

I'm back to wondering about this particular virus being a low threat bio weapon version of

certain traits. Before, I decided it must not be, or we'd know it by now. Now I'm reconsidering, because if it was, all ? governments would keep it a secret as to not cause more harm by entire populations panicking.

Whatever. I'll have my best garden in years this year.

4 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

more like three steps away from it. Some other dem politicians are talking about going after guns because "it's an emergency".

the corrupt politicization of this virus spread is nauseating.

I'm back to wondering about this particular virus being a low threat bio weapon version of

certain traits. Before, I decided it must not be, or we'd know it by now. Now I'm reconsidering, because if it was, all ? governments would keep it a secret as to not cause more harm by entire populations panicking.

Whatever. I'll have my best garden in years this year.

We are never going to know everything about the coronavirus because communist China will never come clean. I think it is possible this virus escaped from their lab but we will likely never know the answer. I just would not rule it out either.

What we know is there are a number of coincidences this virus escaped from their Viral lab in Wuhan China.

1. The virus originated very close to the only virus lab in China that studies this type of coronavirus.

2. The virus is reported to have come from open air markets in Wuhan China that sell animals. China has had known problems in the past of their viral labs selling infected test animals to markets instead of cremating them as they were supposed to do.

3, The leader of China after the coronavirus outbreak puts out a directive that all viral labs in China were to tighten up security measures.

4. Why did China try so hard to hide this outbreak, be so secretive and refuse help from outside China to combat the virus when it was out of control?