THE BROWNS BOARD

Bottom line on the virus

3 hours ago, Vambo said:

Recovered Washington state coronavirus patient describes early symptoms

https://www.foxnews.com/media/coronavirus-elizabeth-schneider-describes-early-symptoms

Schneider said she believes she became infected at a house party on Feb. 22, but didn't get a positive diagnosis until about two weeks later.

CORONAVIRUS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

"Three days later [after the party], I felt sick and I basically had all of the symptoms of the flu. I didn't have a cough, I didn't have any respiratory distress, tightness in my chest or shortness of breath. So, I actually thought I had contracted the flu," she told Cavuto.

Schneider said she noticed that other people who attended the party started posting on Facebook that they were also experiencing flu-like symptoms.

"It wasn't until a few days later, I was scrolling through Facebook, and I saw a post of someone who was at the party and she posted that she was feeling sick, same symptoms as me," she said. "Several people commented who were also at the party, and they also had the same, similar symptoms. And they also fell sick on the exact same day, on a Tuesday [Feb. 25] -- three days after the party."

CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE

Some of Schneider's friends tested negative for the flu, but weren't tested for the coronavirus.

"All of these people, including myself, were a little suspicious of what we had so we ended up finding out there was a research study going on in Seattle called the Seattle Flu Study, and they had started testing for the coronavirus just a few weeks prior to us falling sick," she said.

Schneider and the other party attendees signed up as volunteers and obtained at-home nasal test swab kits that resulted in positive diagnoses.

"It had already been 11 days after the onset of symptoms and three or four days after my fever had subsided," she said.

Here's my issue V, the CDC reaction and response in treating this is- this is a "Worst case scenario" like back in the Middle Ages where 1\3 of the population died from plague. You know it, I know it- and the CDC knows it- that's not the case, far from it. 

They (the CDC) has tunnel vision- we're only in the business of saving lives- we really never look at the cost\benefit of doing so. Well, as of today, there's probably around 46,000 suddenly unemployed Ohioans (and that number certainly to grow faster than corona) who think your logic can be shoved up your collective asses sideways. 

• Upvote 1

A massive overreaction.  This "remedy" being undertaken will be proven to cause more damage than the disease. It already has.

We have had 41 old people who have died. Sure, lets try and prevent more lives from being taken, but at what cost?

I'm not trying to make an equivalent analogy here, because driving is a necessity. But we have had 35,000 who have died in auto accidents last year, and unlike corona, driving kills indiscriminately all ages.

Sure lets try to save more lives, but at what cost?  Should the NTSB shut down the highways? 

Shutting down the economy is as severe and extreme a measure as shutting down the highways.

Just wait. After the Coronavirus and the hysteria associated has subsided having taken a minimal amount of lives...there will be those saying it was because of the extreme precautions that were taken , (yeah right)...and we rational people saying "we told ya so", insisting there was never a threat to the extent that you people were making it to begin with.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Just wait. After the Corona and the hysteria associated has subsided having taken a minimal amount of lives...there will be those saying it was because of the extreme precautions that were taken , (yeah right)...and we rational people saying "we told ya so", insisting there was never a threat to the extent that you people were making it to begin with.

Exactly.

WSS

Meanwhile south of the border in Mexico they are still having music concerts where tens of thousands of people are gathered together and still going to soccer matches. I know they have not had near the coronavirus outbreak yet that we have but still seems to me like this is irresponsible on their part.

What if they do get a severe outbreak? Will we have a surge of illegal immigration of those wanting medical treatment in the United States? How does that square with not having enough ventilators for our own citizens?

For the open borders crowd and the globalists this coronavirus should be a wake up call that we need secure borders and controlled immigration. We should not be dependent on other countries for things we need here in a crisis. Worse yet dependent on a country who is not our friend. We need to start mfg these things here even if it costs a little more.

22 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

EDIT: The virus has extended southward from China into equatorial countries who don't have winters. So there's that.

Not to mention the southern hemisphere cases where it is still summer.

The one thing I have read that scientists think may reduce the transfer infection rate is humidity... moisture.

3 hours ago, Gorka said:

Just wait. After the Coronavirus and the hysteria associated has subsided having taken a minimal amount of lives...there will be those saying it was because of the extreme precautions that were taken , (yeah right)...and we rational people saying "we told ya so", insisting there was never a threat to the extent that you people were making it to begin with.

Sound like a test run to you?

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

C. As I showed - the Dutch death rate from corona virus is twice as here - they are letting it proliferate - thinking they will just flatten it out sooner - and be immune...something like that.

Fun fact...

Euthanasia is legal in Holland.

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

Isolate the "at risk" individuals instead. BTW, I'm one of them, and I ain't scared of no virus. 

What other risk factor(s) do you have to compound your age factor?

4 hours ago, Gorka said:

And Covid-19 will say, "See ya this Fall."

Speaking of the Dutch.

The Netherlands have always been extremely affected by influenzas.

Note that new vaccines are always being developed because the flu changes. Gee doesn't that sound familiar.

A big improvement from 2017-2018 to 2018-2019 tho.

And btw...the average age of those who died from Corona is 79.

nethpdf2.pngnethlpdf.png

Rush Limbaugh?!?! Lololol.  Stop it.    The dude who spit in the face of science and medicine, says he should get a medal for the amount of cigars he has smoked, mocked the health hazards of smoking and ends up with lung cancer.

Why on earth who anyone choose to link or base an article off his critiques in these times is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Rush Limbaugh?!?! Lololol.  Stop it.    The dude who spit in the face of science and medicine, says he should get a medal for the amount of cigars he has smoked, mocked the health hazards of smoking and ends up with lung cancer.

Why on earth who anyone choose to link or base an article off his critiques in these times is beyond me.

the cigar thing always annoyed me. That was a disgrace and didn't help people at all.

But he quit. and has been right about politics for years.

13 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

the cigar thing always annoyed me. That was a disgrace and didn't help people at all.

But he quit. and has been right about politics for years.

And it wasn't just that he smoked, he was brazen and dismissive of any and all medical advice.

Until ....when? He had no other logical alternative but to listen to his doctors when the potential of his own health and mortality had finally blown up in his face.    He didn't quit because he saw the light or finally read a book.   To me, that is also spitting in the face of God.  Provided you belief the lord watches over our stewards of health.  

THEN was it acceptable to listen to the good doctor.  Medical professionals who, prior to his diagnosis, really didn't know what they were supposedly talking about per his words.  Disgrace is being nice about it.      Yet no doctor has refused him treatment.  They take, what is considered as a sacred oath - that boils down to saving lives first and foremost.

Most of us regard politicians as liars and cheats.  Professionally the bulk of them are lawyers.  So when was the last time anyone here went to their lawyer for serious medical advice?   Skip the oncologist for the cancer guidance, boys.   Said no one ever.

Bottom line the medical community should be steering the ship right now.  They have no interests in things other than saving lives, which includes their own and those of who they care for.   It's not like this is just extra job security for them.  When have you ever known an umemployed doctor?!?!   Exactly. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

And it wasn't just that he smoked, he was brazen and dismissive of any and all medical advice.

Until ....when? He had no other logical alternative but to listen to his doctors when the potential of his own health and mortality had finally blown up in his face.    He didn't quit because he saw the light or finally read a book.   To me, that is also spitting in the face of God.  Provided you belief the lord watches over our stewards of health.  

THEN was it acceptable to listen to the good doctor.  Medical professionals who, prior to his diagnosis, really didn't know what they were supposedly talking about per his words.  Disgrace is being nice about it.      Yet no doctor has refused him treatment.  They take, what is considered as a sacred oath - that boils down to saving lives first and foremost.

Most of us regard politicians as liars and cheats.  Professionally the bulk of them are lawyers.  So when was the last time anyone here went to their lawyer for serious medical advice?   Skip the oncologist for the cancer guidance, boys.   Said no one ever.

Bottom line the medical community should be steering the ship right now.  They have no interests in things other than saving lives, which includes their own and those of who they care for.   It's not like this is just extra job security for them.  When have you ever known an umemployed doctor?!?!   Exactly. 

I agree completely.

It is insane to me we have politicians (lawyers) leading the show on critical issues and not the actual experts. Lawyers are taught to argue their point, not to solve problems. But most people in those professions (doctors, engineers, etc) want nothing to do with being in politics. 

This applies to both sides. But I will say one thing I've seen more on the right is their unwillingness to consider others until it actually affects them. With Rush in this case. Or right wing politicians being anti gay marriage until a family member comes out as gay. Etc. An apparent inability to think of anyone but yourself. 

22 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I agree completely.

It is insane to me we have politicians (lawyers) leading the show on critical issues and not the actual experts. Lawyers are taught to argue their point, not to solve problems. But most people in those professions (doctors, engineers, etc) want nothing to do with being in politics. 

This applies to both sides. But I will say one thing I've seen more on the right is their unwillingness to consider others until it actually affects them. With Rush in this case. Or right wing politicians being anti gay marriage until a family member comes out as gay. Etc. An apparent inability to think of anyone but yourself. 

Sure the CDC are the experts and they should be guiding the ship. But there is an economic consideration and they may be the experts on health but not economics. For the United States to shut down and quarantine for 4 months might be their best suggestion as to how to eliminate the coronavirus threat but it would also likely put us into a dire situation like the Great Depression. I would recommend the CDC and economy experts work together.

We have a gay family member and you are right if one believed it was wrong before one had a gay family member it should still be wrong when they do. That doesn't mean we have nothing to do with this family member it means she knows and will always know we will never condone her lifestyle. 

And Woody every human being has to fight selfishness but the funny thing is how we seem to spot it in others and not in ourselves.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

What other risk factor(s) do you have to compound your age factor?

None yet Tour, well maybe being overweight now. My climbing days are behind me as my knees are starting to give out. But to give you a little perspective of where I'm coming from. Mountain climbing is an inherently risky activity, so you deal with the possibility you might get killed enjoying the view from the mountaintop 100 miles in every direction. See photo below- from the top of Mount Sheridan in Yellowstone, it's what started me on my adventures in 1971, and I thought the view was so spectacular, I had to do it again in 2012 before I got too old to try. It was as great as I remembered. There's a fire lookout there for obvious reasons.  The Tetons are 40 miles away. So yeah, I'm probably less averse to risks than the vast majority of people outside of the climbing community. That carries over to my POV on life in general. So, It's just me, but my feelings are the risks of this particular virus are being blown way out of proportion. 

No photo description available.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Even for some of us conservatives Rush's bluster has worn mighty thin. He's a one trick right wing pony, blind to anything else. 

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Sure the CDC are the experts and they should be guiding the ship. But there is an economic consideration and they may be the experts on health but not economics. For the United States to shut down and quarantine for 4 months might be their best suggestion as to how to eliminate the coronavirus threat but it would also likely put us into a dire situation like the Great Depression. I would recommend the CDC and economy experts work together.

And Woody every human being has to fight selfishness but the funny thing is how we seem to spot it in others and not in ourselves.

That's my POV OBF. 1930s, here we come again- "brother can you spare a dime"? More like $5 or $10 bucks now. There's been countless billions of economic loss already, I won't even hazard a guess how much money in theory went down the tubes when the Market crashed. If what I heard was correct- 46,000 Ohioans applying for unemployment- ramp that up to the national level, and at least a million people out of work. Wow, glad the CDC thinks it's worth it, because I don't. I'll bet those suddenly unemployed agree. I feel for those folks, it's disproportionately impacting those service & hospitality workers who least can afford an unexpected layoff.  Like my single mom bartender with two young kids from the Pine Club. I'm sure by now everyone knows at least a couple people that have been impacted. 

EDIT: This isn't ebola- but the CDC is treating like it is.  :(

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

88 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases

Source: Ohio Dept. Of Health

Updated: 3/18/20 2:05 p.m.

Cuyahoga

Confirmed Coronavirus Cases: 38

Could they start posting the number of traffic accidents? 

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

We have a gay family member and you are right if one believed it was wrong before one had a gay family member it should still be wrong when they do. 

I get what you're saying but please don't precede that with "you are right" haha. Don't want it to look like I in any with agree with or condone you post

WHO Claimed In January Wuhan Virus Couldn’t Be Transmitted to Humans, Because China Said It Wasn’t Contagious, Destroyed Evidence

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/03/18/who-claimed-in-january-wuhan-virus-couldnt-be-transmitted-to-humans-because-china-said-it-wasnt-contagious-destroyed-evidence/

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

What I got out of that is (and I'm sure they're already looking at it) is specific RNA inhibitors. I believe the prototype vaccines are based on that...In layman's terms- if you looked at the horribly complicated picture in the video is..... The corona virus injects it's RNA into the host cell, and hijacks that cells DNA to make a ton of copies of itself. Cell explodes, and you have a logarithmic replication of the virus when it's children start attacking other cells. 

• Thanks 1