THE BROWNS BOARD

Virus models very inaccurate

11 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

When you compare the number of deaths...that’s a very large door for seasonal flu.

When you extrapolate the number of deaths already vs over the course of a common flu season (about 20 weeks) the potential door for Covid was easily twice as large.       Some here will hate it and claim they were "right", but the social distance measures are clearly working.  We're seeing less cases per day already in parts of the country and rounding back into form faster than a smaller country such as Italy.  It's entirely possible we might have a real handle on this in a few weeks.   NYC, Detroit, Seattle, LA, DC... they're going to have a couple more rough weeks I'm sure. NYC especially as they just posted their highest single day death toll.              But it's very possibly we may look at a sense of normalcy for for many of us come May.     I attribute that to the hard work and "business like" attitude of so many Americans.   

Passed a years worth of H1N1 deaths in just under  3 weeks.    I'd say say we're very fortunate that we can see the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, even from right now.  Still going to be 15,000 dead by Friday.   Probably 30,000 before Summer even really kicks in.     But compared to what we were looking at, I guess it's something of a "relief".  Though I'm sure that brings no comfort those who lost somebody.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

"It is important to stress that no one should try to self-medicate with versions of Ivermectin that are for veterinary purposes or head lice," he says.

Read Newsmax: Lice Drug Ivermectin Shown to Kill COVID-19 Within 48 Hours | Newsmax.com

Meaning someone is bound to try it.  :(  

Hmmm could it be those anti parasite drugs (malaria is a parasite BTW) hydroxychloroquine be something that covid doesn't like?  

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Made my way to this article on that site

https://montanadailygazette.com/2020/04/09/governor-bullock-mocks-christians-at-easter-with-executive-order-for-magical-easter-bunny/

and their reaction tells me plenty about that site 

getting worked up over that... claiming victimhood... geez

What the fuck are you talking about Sonny?

Victimhood???

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you?

Wait,, maybe you can go back 4 yrs and look at my posts too.. Nothing bizarre about that

Seriously son.. What is your problem..

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Axe said:

What the fuck are you talking about Sonny?

Victimhood???

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you?

Wait,, maybe you can go back 4 yrs and look at my posts too.. Nothing bizarre about that

Seriously son.. What is your problem..

Read the article. Montana governor creates a light hearted executive order about the Easter Bunny during COVID-19. The author of the clearly right wing site you posted feels though that this is just mocking christians. He called it cruel. "Saddened by this insensitive mockery."  "Uses  the resurrection of Jesus Christ as an impetus to make jokes." 

Jesus christ... come on author. 

But its nothing new. If this board has shown anything its that the groups that complain about other groups playing the victim card generally are completely blind to when they cry victim themselves.

Also, it takes about 30 seconds to search for an old post. I've been here a while. I can remember when someone as outspoken as Cal says something as hypocritical as that. Again, takes no time at all to find it.