THE BROWNS BOARD

Andrew Berry

darren15

34 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

"Not only was Deshone Kizer's data profile abominable and his chances of being successful almost zero, Jackson chose to ignore the rest of the front office, doing his own scouting on Kizer, believing himself to be a quarterback whisperer."

Jackson didn't know what QB talent looked like if it had walked up to him and bit him in the ass.  You didn't need to be a pro scout,  just casually watching a couple of Notre Dame's games- it was obvious that Kizer sucked.  I damn near threw up when Jim Brown announced the pick. That wasn't the only QB he totally whiffed on evaluating. 

4 hours ago, darren15 said:

Take a bow sir......brilliant draft.....hope he is in Cleveland for many years

Way, way too early to evaluate.... Looks good on paper. Some around here thought Johnny Football was a great pick too.....  

6 hours ago, darren15 said:

ehhhhhh... gonna need a few more details there d15...

Draft looked "aight" to me... with solid pick in Wills atop it and some nice Day 3 picks, but Day 2 and Bryant come with question marks

Also like a few of the UDFAs we've signed.... especially Brown, Herrien and Davidson.

Plus feel he did well in the FA market.

I will say that the picks look to me to be tailored to the kind of team that I think Stef and Woods want to build. However, because we don't have an established identity as yet, I don't know that for sure. If it is true tho... then Jimmah finally has the alignment he's been seeking.

15 hours ago, darren15 said:

At ease.

Brilliant isn't a label I would use.  A pragmatic draft, would be more like it.  Didn't over think, took positions of need intersecting with production and potential.

It's a solid start. And I'll leave it at that.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

ehhhhhh... gonna need a few more details there d15...

Draft looked "aight" to me... with solid pick in Wills atop it and some nice Day 3 picks, but Day 2 and Bryant come with question marks

Also like a few of the UDFAs we've signed.... especially Brown, Herrien and Davidson.

Plus feel he did well in the FA market.

I will say that the picks look to me to be tailored to the kind of team that I think Stef and Woods want to build. However, because we don't have an established identity as yet, I don't know that for sure. If it is true tho... then Jimmah finally has the alignment he's been seeking.

Yeah, too many picks that were, honestly, kind of head-scratchers. Picks where superior talent seemingly was passed on for "eh" players. 

To be fair, I would have had an issue with someone saying that this draft was horrible too. 

I guess the easy guy to blame in this case is the Ownership...How many guys here could take Berry's job over with a former scouting staff,new HC's & did not take the job till around the Senior Bowl? and adding in effects of cov19

I'd call this staff "Haslam's Hero's" if we still found some good draft pieces...  99x5.gif   and I think they did..     

10 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I think part of the reason why fans are on board(no pun intended) with this draft is because our team is almost complete. 
We had a pretty good understanding of what the team needs were as fans, and those needs seemed to be filled in. With quality prospects...

Exactly - the list is far shorter ... it seems these Browns had a very consistent smarter approach to the kind of people they were drafting, not just combine stars.

Well.... opinions vary... and don't underestimate the "homer" factor. We've won a lot of Drafts in April since our rebirth.

But I think we all agree that we are at leas one OT closer... and that's something.

On 4/25/2020 at 10:51 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Puff, puff, pass. 

It looks good on paper its not like he drafted Justin Gilbert or Johnny Maziel. Some starters, some depth, possibly an all-pro, or a bust or 2. Even if he bats .300 beside Dorsey his much better then the rest of dimwits we had. He addressed most of our needs and lets hope for the best. Stay safe brother.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well same "some" at least got Garrett right.😂

Yep! We agreed on both of those guys, didn't we Bill? :rolleyes:

Mike

• Haha 1