THE BROWNS BOARD

Bars and restaurants

Looks like next Friday the outdoor patio bars open back up and the indoors the week after. A lot of my fb friends are musicians and hardcore liberals who have been railing at everyone who dared go out before there was a vaccine who are now very excited to return performing and climbing on a ferry boat packed with strangers from Michigan Indiana Pennsylvania Ohio West Virginia Illinois Wisconsin etc etc

That certainly changed quickly. I'm ready to go out for a beer tomorrow, who's with me?

WSS

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

and you swim ten miles in that river in Egypt.

Diehard would crawl on his hands and knees for twenty miles over broken glass just to sniff the tire tracks of the truck that carries Mad Maxine Waters panties to the laundry mat! 🤣

• Haha 1

DH would give obaMao's butt great big smoochies.

Not even woodpecker is as negative to the content on this forum.

Just as worthless.

25 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

DH would give obaMao's butt great big smoochies.

Not even woodpecker is as negative to the content on this forum.

Just as worthless.

Pucker up DH

07.jpg

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

That certainly changed quickly. I'm ready to go out for a beer tomorrow, who's with me?

Maybe Summer, 2021... ;)

16 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

DH needs a haircut and counseling.

So I take you are back out and about... shaking hands... maskless... arm around a buddy's shoulder... passing a rootbeer...

29 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Maybe Summer, 2021... ;)

So I take you (Cal) are back out and about... shaking hands... maskless... arm around a buddy's shoulder... passing a rootbeer...

Was at the local wine store today talking with the Bengals fan owner. Told him- I'm not ready for attending a Browns game. He asked me "why? You're here." Um- totally different Mif- we have 15 people in your store. I go to a Browns game, I'm going to have at least 100 people within shouting distance of my seat. Probably more than 1,000 before and after the game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Maybe Summer, 2021... ;)

So I take you are back out and about... shaking hands... maskless... arm around a buddy's shoulder... passing a rootbeer...

Cal is a lot more cautious than I am. I take reasonable precautions right now mostly to make others feel comfortable. As in staying six feet away Not Shake Hands or hugging like I would normally too. Hand sanitizing Etc. But I'm surprised at Larry and tour.  Browns season doesn't start till this fall. And tour doesn't want to go to a bar for another year? Oh well. I guess we will see what happens. I may have told the story elsewhere about my one Super liberal pompous buddy , who's a great guy when we're not talking politics and that seems like it's only on social media. He's also an Entertainer and I asked him since the mayor of Vegas was going to open things up would he go head line at Caesar's Palace? He gave me a lecture about valuing other folks lives more than I do. Turns out the bar he plays on the island opens up in a couple weeks and he's back to work. He even had to cancel an online fundraiser he'd been planning so we could go play live.

😏

WSS

11 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Cal is a lot more cautious than I am. I take reasonable precautions right now mostly to make others feel comfortable. As in staying six feet away Not Shake Hands or hugging like I would normally too. Hand sanitizing Etc. But I'm surprised at Larry and tour.  Browns season doesn't start till this fall. And tour doesn't want to go to a bar for another year? Oh well. I guess we will see what happens. I may have told the story elsewhere about my one Super liberal pompous buddy , who's a great guy when we're not talking politics and that seems like it's only on social media. He's also an Entertainer and I asked him since the mayor of Vegas was going to open things up would he go head line at Caesar's Palace? He gave me a lecture about valuing other folks lives more than I do. Turns out the bar he plays on the island opens up in a couple weeks and he's back to work. He even had to cancel an online fundraiser he'd been planning so we could go play live.

😏

WSS

Just chiming in about the upcoming NCAA and NFL seasons Steve. Yup, September is a long way off, and I don't have a crystal ball as to what might, or might not happen in the meantime. But right now, today as things stand, if the Browns were playing tomorrow- I wouldn't be comfortable being in the stadium, or going. My current POV is fat chance the NFL starting on time with full stadiums. I'm thinking November. It's going to be way more critical for colleges like Ohio State, where football funds 90% of the athletic programs. They'd be out at least $5-7 million for each home game that doesn't get played.  Maybe the researchers can cook up an effective vaccine in record time- and that would change everything. 

I do the grocery shopping for the family, as the wife still works- in a hospital no less, and I'd put my paranoia level being in a Kroger's at about 3 on a 10 scale.  I'm certainly not doing the Tour route and stay out of bars for a year. We've been fortunate in the Dayton area (one million population) with less than 400 covid cases and "only" 10 deaths- so far. I'll wait one day Friday May 22nd to hit my favorite restaurant- The Pine Club. I'm one of the late Friday night regulars. I probably know 75% of the folks who work there. Miss talking football with assistant manager Chris (Redskins fan) or politics with the owner Dave- you want a hard core Republican- he's it. Have a glass of 10 year Graham port at the bar with my favorite bartender Courtney- she gets me my drinks for (almost) free. LOL, a double at the single price. Sit down dinner- nah- I'll do carryout. They actually think something might have happened to me if I miss a night without telling them ahead of time I'm not coming...  

12 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

But I'm surprised at Larry and tour.  Browns season doesn't start till this fall. And tour doesn't want to go to a bar for another year?

1. Fall is going to be very active for the virus.
  2. Not a matter of "want to". It's been at least a year since I went to a bar. Saw Hamilton Loomis in a club in Spring, TX in early 2019. And that's not to mention that meeting you for a beer on such short notice would involve air travel. ;)

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. Fall is going to be very active for the virus.
  2. Not a matter of "want to". It's been at least a year since I went to a bar. Saw Hamilton Loomis in a club in Spring, TX in early 2019. And that's not to mention that meeting you for a beer on such short notice would involve air travel. ;)

Yeah- as my previous comment- get 70,000+ people together for a football game (and a million + nationwide every weekend) without a vaccine or herd immunity- it's Katie Bar the Door on # of cases....   

I'm going to make myself some real sassafras tea - it will kill any corvid virus that blows in the wind.....

I think.. lol Pine needle tea would be even better. It's stronger.

Went out and had beers along with nice prime rib tonight.. Had a blast.  Got to see people we missed. Y'all hide under the bed if ya want..

Dickhead fan seems to be used to running.. Not surprised. ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Gorka said:

But not Pine-Sol tea? ….the stuff Trump told us to drink?

Don't worry Gorka- this covid virus is going away- soon. Trump said so- it must be true.  Funny though- the chloroquine thing has abruptly faded into the mists of time. Though I still recommend a tonic a day keeps corona away. Now who said it was a "game changer"?  :) Yeah- it's game over if you do the Darwin with that aquarium stuff. 

The latest from Good Rx....  

"There is not enough medical data at this time to prove that hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine work for COVID-19 — while some small studies suggest the medications may be helpful, other studies saw no difference." 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Don't worry Gorka- this covid virus is going away- soon. Trump said so- it must be true.  Funny though- the chloroquine thing has abruptly faded into the mists of time. Though I still recommend a tonic a day keeps corona away. Now who said it was a "game changer"?  :) Yeah- it's game over if you do the Darwin with that aquarium stuff. 

The latest from Good Rx....  

"There is not enough medical data at this time to prove that hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine work for COVID-19 — while some small studies suggest the medications may be helpful, other studies saw no difference." 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-reports-lowest-number-covid-patients-in-a-month