THE BROWNS BOARD

Bars and restaurants

On 5/10/2020 at 5:12 AM, Westside Steve said:

Actually 14 days is the top end of a virus incubation.

But Axe and I are the guys here whose profession has been hit the hardest. But if you are retired and don't care if you leave the house anyway or work from home on a PC or grow tomatoes it's a different deal. As an Entertainer I think I'm unique because with the exception of chefs or some in management other people in a restaurant or a bar consider it just a job.. Few consider themselves lifelong professional servers line cooks dishwashers or Busboys.

WSS

Steve all politics aside don't let anyone convince you it's safe for a guy your age to go back out into the music scene at this point in time. At least give it another month before you hop back into that life again. At least listen to Fauci from yesterday and ere on the cautious side until the reopening has had to at least Mid-June to play out. It isn't being done properly in most states using the DT admins' own guidelines and they have blocked publication now of the CDC report specifying how reopening should be done. The one thing we do know about the virus is that prolonged exposure in fairly crowded enclosed areas is the worst possible kind of exposure if you exclude the obvious captives in nursing home type facilities. And if you add the fact that using a singing voice requires more than just normal breathing, then you are increasing that risk for yourself above the normal patron.

There are too many voices out there whispering in you ear that it will be just fine. Tune it out and make the right decision for yourself. Right now you are questioning the data being too high. Ok, but just remember that Russian roulette with a 10 shot revolver is safer than it is with a 5 shot one, but when it lands on the right cylinder, it's just as deadly. For a guy your age the risk is definitely higher than a guy Axe's age. Make no mistake about that data anyway.

59 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Steve all politics aside don't let anyone convince you it's safe for a guy your age to go back out into the music scene at this point in time. At least give it another month before you hop back into that life again. At least listen to Fauci from yesterday and ere on the cautious side until the reopening has had to at least Mid-June to play out. It isn't being done properly in most states using the DT admins' own guidelines and they have blocked publication now of the CDC report specifying how reopening should be done. The one thing we do know about the virus is that prolonged exposure in fairly crowded enclosed areas is the worst possible kind of exposure if you exclude the obvious captives in nursing home type facilities. And if you add the fact that using a singing voice requires more than just normal breathing, then you are increasing that risk for yourself above the normal patron.

There are too many voices out there whispering in you ear that it will be just fine. Tune it out and make the right decision for yourself. Right now you are questioning the data being too high. Ok, but just remember that Russian roulette with a 10 shot revolver is safer than it is with a 5 shot one, but when it lands on the right cylinder, it's just as deadly. For a guy your age the risk is definitely higher than a guy Axe's age. Make no mistake about that data anyway.

Hey I've had a few heart operations oh, not open heart but stents and cancer surgery. I'm honestly no more fearful about going out to play music than I am driving from Akron to Cleveland in my car. I'd be glad to go play out this weekend. Unfortunately the venues of made that decision otherwise. I've lost everything from Saint Patrick's day until 5th of June. Plus I was spending thousands on the new CD and with today's marketing practices that will mostly be lost. Of course at this point in my life I don't do it for the money. If I sell a hard copy at a performance great. Mostly I get a penny a spin from the streaming services. The next couple of days I'll be registering all songs for the new CD & my previous one with ASCAP. But nowhere I have ever played has the stage been any closer then a few feet from the front table. I don't see the problem.

WSS

[edit]

Just saw on Facebook more and more of my loudest most obnoxious liberal colleagues who have been blaring away at people who refuse to stay home as mass murderers... Now that venues are canceling live entertainment these same guys are freaking out about that. Fucking hypocrites.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

But nowhere I have ever played has the stage been any closer then a few feet from the front table. I don't see the problem.

WSS

Make the first two rows wear masks or bandanas. Take a few with you to hand out. I don't know if you have seen the scientific infrared studies on coughs and sneezes, but the droplets carry as far as 13 feet, not the 6 feet "safe" distance. A plain bandana drops that at least in half. And those little coronas are tiny little microscopic little devils. Droplets that carry them can be as small a very fine mist almost as small as fog.

Anyway I'm just concerned for you. Now cal I don't worry about at all. He's taking every precaution and then some. Stay safe out there. Little green things are trying to kill us all. 🐲

7 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Make the first two rows wear masks or bandanas. Take a few with you to hand out. I don't know if you have seen the scientific infrared studies on coughs and sneezes, but the droplets carry as far as 13 feet, not the 6 feet "safe" distance. A plain bandana drops that at least in half. And those little coronas are tiny little microscopic little devils. Droplets that carry them can be as small a very fine mist almost as small as fog.

Anyway I'm just concerned for you. Now cal I don't worry about at all. He's taking every precaution and then some. Stay safe out there. Little green things are trying to kill us all. 🐲

Dude I appreciate the concern. But seriously I don't have a date until June 5th even though I would go back tomorrow. As far as making everyone at a bar rear restaurant wear a mask oh, please. The only reason I'm employed is for people to come in sit down and spend money on booze and food. I would like to thank the people would spend 25 bucks for a ticket just to sit there and listen oh, and maybe some would, but the idea is to sell their product. Which can't be consumed wearing a mask. And if you take the mask off between every bite of food and every sip of beer it really makes the mask useless. Even more useless I should say.

WSS

19 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Masks? You know the vast majority of masks don't work right?

33 minutes ago, Axe said:

Masks? You know the vast majority of masks don't work right?

They don't work to keep you from getting it, but they do work to decrease spray from your own cough or sneeze. 

Take the time to educate yourself on how you can protect others from yourself as a possible asymtomatic carrier. That is what the purpose of the mask is since you seem to resist using them.  While I'm at it can you identify people at risk in your own life you would want to protect from the virus. You need not give names, just relationships. Maybe that can help change your own behavior for their benefit, not yours.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/05/chilling-cough-simulation-shows-why-wearing-a-mask-is-important/

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They don't work to keep you from getting it, but they do work to decrease spray from your own cough or sneeze. 

Google what a micron is.. Then go from there. Doesn't matter if it's going in or coming out..

54 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Dude I appreciate the concern. But seriously I don't have a date until June 5th even though I would go back tomorrow. As far as making everyone at a bar rear restaurant wear a mask oh, please. The only reason I'm employed is for people to come in sit down and spend money on booze and food. I would like to thank the people would spend 25 bucks for a ticket just to sit there and listen oh, and maybe some would, but the idea is to sell their product. Which can't be consumed wearing a mask. And if you take the mask off between every bite of food and every sip of beer it really makes the mask useless. Even more useless I should say.

WSS

I understand Steve. Never been a bar hopper or musical venue person, so you've educated me there. Maybe just back away on the stage a bit more than normal. Your call. I just don't want to see any others on this board get this stuff. It's obvious from those who have that it's really bad stuff, even if you're in good condition going in.

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

Google what a micron is.. Then go from there. Doesn't matter if it's going in or coming out..

I get that. But did you read the article above on how it at least down the amount of droplets that carry those little micron sized bugs?

Tell ya what Tex.. Just stay hidden under the bed or in the closet or what ever.. The only way thru is herd immunity. There will never be a vaccine that works.. We learn that every year with the flu. You're hiding every day. I'm out in public every day.  And in this entire time. I've talked with one person that knew someone that had it. His late 60s parents and sister.. They are all back to work.. It was the flu.. We're being lied to but Orange man bad!!!

16 minutes ago, Axe said:

Tell ya what Tex.. Just stay hidden under the bed or in the closet or what ever.. The only way thru is herd immunity. There will never be a vaccine that works.. We learn that every year with the flu. You're hiding every day. I'm out in public every day.  And in this entire time. I've talked with one person that knew someone that had it. His late 60s parents and sister.. They are all back to work.. It was the flu.. We're being lied to but Orange man bad!!!

And the same thing but a bit more generously. If any of you guys are truly and fear for your lives there's absolutely no reason for you to leave your homes. I'm guessing most of you are retired anyway but nobody's forcing anything on you. So while no sacrifice at all is required of you why should it make you feel better to force sacrifice on people who don't choose to self quarantine? Just for the record I know a few people who have died recently from cancer. I don't know anyone personally who has died from Covid. And everyone that does whines up on the news. The cancer victims? Not so much. As a matter of fact not at all.

And I'm not blaming you for anything just pointing out that personal responsibility is personal responsibility and the risks you take you take with your eyes open.

The guys I am especially calling out are the pompous liberal musician friends of mine who've been calling people who don't wear masks murderers and now are pissed off that venues are canceling their gigs.

WSS

• Upvote 1

We're all going to die from something. It's inevitable.. While I'm not looking forward to it,until that time,, I'll live MY life thank you. I don't need some pansy assed liberals trying to tell me how to live it.

Our county removed all beach restrictions this morning. It's about damn time.

I understand about the complaints that "masks don't really stop it"...to a point, it could be true - except it isn't just one micron.

We're talkin a lot more than one - from below, a sneeze droplet is less that 100 microns across. A dark human hair is about 2-3 thousands of an inch across, generally. Which is, just about 75 microns. I think. crap, I have to go check lol...

Yep. 75 microns = 0.00295276. (I checked with the converter jobbie)

https://www.bing.com/search?form=MOZTSB&pc=MOZI&q=microns+to+inches

So, the size of the droplet is what is important. My opinion - a loose cloth single layer mask might not do it, sure. But a surgical mask, especially an N95 mask, certainly would. We had N95 masks from flipping houses. Pretty good judgement - the gals stopped doing their flipping because of the trends of pricing/sales, at least for a while, and 5 months later, this crap hit.

So, while it CAN be true - a good mask could save you from inhaling that droplet, folks. Just my opinion - check with an expert to get a pro opinion. (not Hoorta, he's a goofball. LOL LOL LOL).

sorry, Hoorta. Just kidding.

Let's all do what we can to stay safe, but we can't hide in our homes for much longer. Life can already be a chance at disaster, but we still live, go on vacations, play golf, etc (not in a lightning storm, ya?), ... I see a lot of older folks out and around now, some stores have someone disinfecting the carts handles, and has customers wait til another customer comes out.

Let's get back to it. Freedom isn't free. We'll be careful - the damage done socially, emotionally, financially, etc...

is mounting. Depression can set it, a very close friend's Mom had to be hospitalized, heart efficiency, and after a week, no visitors, she was really upset about it.

In this opening back up transition - let's try...to be careful, still.

"Sneezing is even worse [see a photo]. It starts at the back of the throat and produces even more droplets — as many as 40,000 — some of which rocket out at speeds greater than 200 miles per hour. The vast majority of the droplets are less than 100 microns across — the width of a human hair.

www.livescience.com/3686-gross-science-cough-sneeze.html

"

1 hour ago, Axe said:

You obviously don't give a flyin' fuck about anyone but yourself. That is why I asked you to identify those you just might inadvertently harm. Yep, you're a real sacrificing patriot. Your country is asking you to do something that is slightly incovenient to you, so fuck your country, your older friends & family or friends you may not even know have underlying conditions. You should be very proud of yourself.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You're wasting your time.  It's like talking to a brick.

Die Hard is right. Bricks have no brains to use either.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You obviously don't give a flyin' fuck about anyone but yourself. That is why I asked you to identify those you just might inadvertently harm. Yep, you're a real sacrificing patriot. Your country is asking you to do something that is slightly incovenient to you, so fuck your country, your older friends & family or friends you may not even know have underlying conditions. You should be very proud of yourself.

Die Hard is right. Bricks have no brains to use either.

Dude, you are a full blown lunatic..

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

Dude, you are a full blown lunatic..

Nope just identifying stupid is as stupid does. You still have not answered me about people you may harm because of your inactions. Or are you really that thick headed.

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Nope just identifying stupid is as stupid does. You still have not answered me about people you may harm because of your inactions. Or are you really that think headed.

WTF are you babbling about??

inactions?  You don't know me, you don't know what I do, or have done. So kindly stfu..

If you want to identify "stupid is as stupid does" then take a peek in the mirror on your way back to hiding in the closet

Oh, and unlike you,, I am "think headed"  🤣

2 hours ago, Axe said:

WTF are you babbling about??

inactions?  You don't know me, you don't know what I do, or have done. So kindly stfu..

If you want to identify "stupid is as stupid does" then take a peek in the mirror on your way back to hiding in the closet

Oh, and unlike you,, I am "think headed"  🤣

Question remains. What do you do to protect ones you care about that may be more vulnerable than you? You are right. I don't know what you do. And you keep avoiding the answer.

36 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Question remains. What do you do to protect ones you care about that may be more vulnerable than you? You are right. I don't know what you do. And you keep avoiding the answer.

No, I'm not avoiding anything.. I think I've made myself very clear.

I tell them to quarantine themselves if they believe this bullshit.. The rest of us need to go back to work.

The same thing I'm telling you.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Axe said:

No, I'm not avoiding anything.. I think I've made myself very clear.

I tell them to quarantine themselves if they believe this bullshit.. The rest of us need to go back to work.

The same thing I'm telling you.

if Axe is in a dem gov state - he is 100% correct.

The dems are showing Real America just how sick for unlimited power and control over people they are.

Watch the elections throw the nazis out.

4 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

if Axe is in a dem gov state - he is 100% correct.

The dems are showing Real America just how sick for unlimited power and control over people they are.

Watch the elections throw the nazis out.

Yep, the Nazi's will be thrown out.  The dirtbag repukes.