THE BROWNS BOARD

Washington Redskins

BrownsFan4Evr

12 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

It’s a tough time to be a conservative: rejected by the physical and biological worlds, they are increasingly rejected by the social consensus as well.

But there is good news: they don’t have to believe wrong things!  Conservatives do have the freedom to, you know, face facts.

Of course, that might make them liberals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarro_World

21 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why would they have to be red something?

I'm guessing that they like their colors and uniforms.  

Put a red tail hawk on the helmet.  Redtails

12 hours ago, Orion said:

I'm guessing that they like their colors and uniforms.  

Put a red tail hawk on the helmet.  Redtails

The real "Redtails" in WWII the Tuskegee Airmen the all black unit flying the best badass fighter plane in the sky the P-51 Mustang.  That's when the USA and the allies knew (along with the Germans) it was over.

9483-fsxred99zip-6-screen-shot-1.jpg

So are they guilty even before being accused? Or will they only be guilty once they are accused?? 

It's so hard to keep up these days..... 

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

So are they guilty even before being accused? Or will they only be guilty once they are accused?? 

It's so hard to keep up these days..... 

We are allowed to speculate if we wish. It's not legally binding. I am looking at all this smoke, and...where there is smoke.........

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/7/16/21326838/bombshell-report-about-toxic-culture-at-redskins-park-coming-out-is-dan-snyder-in-trouble

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Poor Ron Rivera!! Good - man wrong Owner... 

It baffles me why he seemingly jumped at this job as fast as he could... the only thing that made sense was that Washington D.C. isn't that far from Charlotte, and maybe he didn't want to uproot his family? 

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The rumor is that Dan Snyder was behind a fraudulent truck stop rebate scheme that robbed truckers out of millions upon millions of dollars. 

Oh... wait... 

Yup, Dan should call Jimmuh for advice on how he knew nothing of what's going on.....and get Jimmuh's lawyer's phone numbers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Wait a minute!  There's a filthy rich guy in Washington DC that's been getting away with corruption? 

36OP.gif      36OO.gif      I'm drinking hot coffee here! 😤🤧...but thanks!  lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Flugel said:

The Washington White Houses would probably go over like a fart in church,  That said, the boss in the White House would rather save monuments than lives so why not make them the Washington Monuments?

I still like my idea of the Washington Orangeskins.

Their fight song could be the Russian national anthem. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

The Washington White Houses would probably go over like a fart in church,  That said, the boss in the White House would rather save monuments than lives so why not make them the Washington Monuments?

I suggested Monuments.  

But who wants to bet they won't go with something alliterative, like the Wizards.

Washington Warmongers? Washington White Winged Doves?  Washington Wheelbarrows of Cash?  

Washington Woodpeckers:  

Cartoon Woodpecker | Alphabetimals.com

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I suggested Monuments.  

But who wants to bet they won't go with something alliterative, like the Wizards.

Washington Warmongers? Washington White Winged Doves?  Washington Wheelbarrows of Cash?  

Washington Woodpeckers:  

Cartoon Woodpecker | Alphabetimals.com

Sorry about the Monuments thing. Let's correct change my redundancy to great idea Gips!  Maybe we could get our minds of the 5 time draft dodger in tarnishing the Presidency in Washington DC and put a picture of George Washington's face on the helmet.  He was a General in the Military that commanded the respective of everyone best known for his integrity.  Just to remind some people that integrity is the ability to do the right thing when noone is looking. My how that went skydiving when some brat took inventory of testicles in the Republican Party, counted 0 and said I'm the only chance you sissies have at winning an election).   And, if you want your careers to continue - you better not bad mouth me or I will see to it your next opponent in the election gets a glowing endorsement from me.  They're are still very church mouse quiet as we speak except for those ready to retire soon; and the guy from Maryland who tells the truth...

47 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Sorry about the Monuments thing. Let's correct change my redundancy to great idea Gips!  Maybe we could get our minds of the 5 time draft dodger in tarnishing the Presidency in Washington DC and put a picture of George Washington's face on the helmet.  He was a General in the Military that commanded the respective of everyone best known for his integrity.  Just to remind some people that integrity is the ability to do the right thing when noone is looking. My how that went skydiving when some brat took inventory of testicles in the Republican Party, counted 0 and said I'm the only chance you sissies have at winning an election).   And, if you want your careers to continue - you better not bad mouth me or I will see to it your next opponent in the election gets a glowing endorsement from me.  They're are still very church mouse quiet as we speak except for those ready to retire soon; and the guy from Maryland who tells the truth...

So...Peckerwoods instead of Woodpeckers?

• Haha 1

Washington has announced that they are just going to be called the Washington Football Team this year....and this is the logo they give us:

image.jpeg.50138d833d1d48125c0abd2560a346e2.jpeg

So....what immediately struck me here with this  is that  they could just choose for themselves an old, traditional football team name:

The Washington  Maroons.

There was a team in Pottsville Pa. called the Maroons,  who have a somewhat legitimate claim in my mind to have been given the 1925 championship.  Instead it was awarded to the Cardinals.    By the way...FYI, the Cardinals  (Chicago/St.L/Ariz.)   are NOT named after the bird...but after the color  Cardinal, which is a deep reddish color.

There was also an NFL team called the Kenosha Maroons.

So, why not the Washington Maroons.  It is traditional,  it is non-offensive. There are other teams with the names of colors:   Cincinnati Reds, St. Louis Blues....even the Cleveland Browns. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ken/

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ptb/

This article argues against the use of the name Maroons,  claiming that the Redskins were never the Maroons.

But...who the hell ever said they were. 

https://coalregioncanary.com/2020/07/05/redskins-name-change-maroons/

The  Tennessee Titans were never the New York Titans, but they resurrected that name.

The Houston Texans were never the  Dallas Texans....either the NFL or the AFL version....but they resurrected that name. 

Of course, per this article,  the Redskins were at one time the Boston Braves, and also came out of the Cleveland Indians football team.  

But they were also descended from the  Newark  Tornadoes.   So maybe they could become the Tornadoes again. 

I hear they'll have their jersey number on the helmets.

I find it hard to believe that, in all this time of their name being in jeopardy, nobody came up with a name and logo to change to....just in case push came to shove.  

11 minutes ago, Orion said:

I hear they'll have their jersey number on the helmets.

I find it hard to believe that, in all this time of their name being in jeopardy, nobody came up with a name and logo to change to....just in case push came to shove.  

You have to remember, Dan Snyder was on record that they would never change the name. 

• Thanks 1