THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump wears face mask in public for first time during coronavirus pandemic

Vambo

4 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Please wear a mask. If you look at spread of cases in countries where they wear masks when they're sick as part of the culture (Japan, Taiwan, Korea) versus places they don't, the value of the mask speaks for itself. Cases are spiking pretty much everywhere, and everywhere I go, I see people who aren't wearing their masks properly (it does nothing if you don't cover your nose). 

If everybody wore them properly for 6 weeks, this thing would be under control. Countries that got it under control early are basically back to normal. Yes, you're only likely to die from the virus if you are over 60 or obese. However, the primary goal of all of this is to keep hospitals from being overrun. Once ICUs reach capacity, people with all sorts of diseases will be dying due to a lack of access to care. That is when shit hits the fan. 

Actually the word likely would imply over 50%. I don't think that would kick in until someone is over 80 or beyond and with substantial health issues. 

But I will repeat if you choose to go to a big grocery store a big box store or whatever just so you could come home and whine about others not wearing masks I can't take you seriously. Every place in the world will deliver  or provide you with curbside service. (Not you in particular Vape ,  but as in you people who do.)

WSS

6 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Please wear a mask. If you look at spread of cases in countries where they wear masks when they're sick as part of the culture (Japan, Taiwan, Korea) versus places they don't, the value of the mask speaks for itself. Cases are spiking pretty much everywhere, and everywhere I go, I see people who aren't wearing their masks properly (it does nothing if you don't cover your nose). 

If everybody wore them properly for 6 weeks, this thing would be under control. Countries that got it under control early are basically back to normal. Yes, you're only likely to die from the virus if you are over 60 or obese. However, the primary goal of all of this is to keep hospitals from being overrun. Once ICUs reach capacity, people with all sorts of diseases will be dying due to a lack of access to care. That is when shit hits the fan. 

As a SoCal, Los Angeles county resident who has been required to wear a mask since March, I respectfully and vehemently disagree.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

But like it or not they are your party.

WSS

I'm still voting for a Republican ticket with one major exception. But then he really isn't a Republican, he's a would be King.🤴

I know you have trouble wrapping your head around that Steve. How could someone vote Republican for everyone else but one huge ignorant turd?💩

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm still voting for a Republican ticket with one major exception. But then he really isn't a Republican, he's a would be King.🤴

I know you have trouble wrapping your head around that Steve. How could someone vote Republican for everyone else but one huge ignorant turd?💩

I don't care. You're crazy but you're not stupid or stupid but not crazy... Hell who knows maybe both? At least obsessed.

But you're bright enough to realize that a vote for Joe Biden will probably sweep the Senate. Whether or not you foot Republican and you've already said you won't vote for Ted Cruz.

So you are in essence giving a win to the rioters the looters the cop killers the idiots who tear down statues and make every single minute of every single day about race and other issues that have been forgotten for hundreds of years. But vote for whoever you want.

Honestly just reading some of your comments for the past few months when you gets the feeling that you really are a Democrat and not conservative anyway so there's that.

WSS

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't care. You're crazy but you're not stupid or stupid but not crazy... Hell who knows maybe both? At least obsessed.

But you're bright enough to realize that a vote for Joe Biden will probably sweep the Senate. Whether or not you foot Republican and you've already said you won't vote for Ted Cruz.

So you are in essence giving a win to the rioters the looters the cop killers the idiots who tear down statues and make every single minute of every single day about race and other issues that have been forgotten for hundreds of years. But vote for whoever you want.

Honestly just reading some of your comments for the past few months when you gets the feeling that you really are a Democrat and not conservative anyway so there's that.

WSS

It's called Independent which is what I claimed right from the first time I ever posted. However I really like my US Rep Carter and I really like our US Senator Cornyn, both of whom are up for re-election this year. But if Toady Cruz were up, which he is not, I would not vote for this stooge any more than I would for Trump. He's just a parroting sycophant and would sacrifice our state by reopening schools just as much as trumpy will. I have written both to the Governor and to Carter concerning reasons they should not do this in the midst of the worse wave of this virus we have had so far in this state.

And my definition of Conservative has more to do with a balanced budget, which of course your "conservative" violated immediately by signing the $1 Trillion/year deficit budget buster which is the real reason the economy got boosted up. The price will come down the line in inflation. So the question then becomes why are you voting for this "conservative"? when by my definition he's far worse than any Democrat fiscally. Plus he's a pathological liar, so there's that. I laugh at Republicans who got conned by the wolf in sheep's clothing.

15 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So the question then becomes why are you voting for this "conservative"? when by my definition he's far worse than any Democrat fiscally.

Obammy would like a word with you.

19 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

you feelings are hurt because you are a TDS liberal. Does Hoorta have cranksies? wanna have binksies?

I don't have cranksies, but I regularly have a big swig of reality potion- you should try it sometime... Pulling the TDS card is increasingly lameI know you guys are making a living out of trying to defend the indefensible....

I don't have selective memory loss like some MAGAs do around here. 

"Like maybe you could inject it" That clip showed up again on CNN last night, and if you think Trump was joking- I have some prime swamp land in Florida to sell you...

"It's going to be a real game changer" (hydroxy) 

"It's just going to go away without a vaccine" (multiple times)   

Cranky Cal? Nope. But I don't tolerate bullshit emanating out of Trump's ass well. A far more detailed look, golly gee....   

No photo description available.

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Regarding the bold Steve- do you really think those sort of folks are a true representation of the Democratic Party? About as representative as White Supremacists who love guns and ammo Trump.  

And like Tex, down ticket I'll vote straight Republican given the choice. First time I've ever left a vote blank was a year ago when our Democratic Mayor with BIG upward aspirations ran unopposed- I would have voted for a sanitation worker ahead of her.... 

16 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually the word likely would imply over 50%. I don't think that would kick in until someone is over 80 or beyond and with substantial health issues. 

But I will repeat if you choose to go to a big grocery store a big box store or whatever just so you could come home and whine about others not wearing masks I can't take you seriously. Every place in the world will deliver  or provide you with curbside service. (Not you in particular Vape ,  but as in you people who do.)

WSS

Contact tracing studies showed little to no spread within hospital systems where everyone is mandated to wear a mask. The vast majority of cases are community spread. If one person at the grocery store has their nose sticking out the top of their mask, then everyone who comes within 6 feet of them is exposed to whatever's in their lungs. The loud people on social media ought to be ignored. 

14 hours ago, D Bone said:

As a SoCal, Los Angeles county resident who has been required to wear a mask since March, I respectfully and vehemently disagree.

The masks don't really provide any community level protection unless everyone is doing it. Your mask doesn't protect you from the virus (unless it's an n95). It protects everyone around you from whatever is floating around in your lungs. The solution requires EVERYONE to participate. That hasn't been the case anywhere in the US.

It's inconvenient. It's uncomfortable. But the latest studies this week are projecting a quarter of a million dead by the election. I understand that we have a minimal chance of trying to get the spread under control at this point, but I'm sure as hell going to advocate for a pretty easy lifestyle change (everyone wearing a mask in public) if it means saving a significant amount of human life. Most importantly, selfishly, I don't want to be called up to take care of a covid surge.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

I don't have cranksies, but I regularly have a big swig of reality potion- you should try it sometime... Pulling the TDS card is increasingly lame. I know you guys are making a living out of trying to defend the indefensible....

I don't have selective memory loss like some MAGAs do around here. 

"Like maybe you could inject it" That clip showed up again on CNN last night, and if you think Trump was joking- I have some prime swamp land in Florida to sell you...

"It's going to be a real game changer" (hydroxy) 

"It's just going to go away without a vaccine" (multiple times)   

Cranky Cal? Nope. But I don't tolerate bullshit emanating out of Trump's ass well. A far more detailed look, golly gee....   

bullhockey, you have TDS cranksies in the worst way. What is your opinion on this:

In conclusion:

Q. ObaMao commie - how many states in the U.S. are there?

A. (obaMao) - "well, I've been to.....eh....57 states.

Q. Pres Trump - how many states in the U.S. are there?

A. (Pres Trump) - "Is this fake news? Most Americans know there are 50 states. Is this a trick question? Everybody knows there are 50 states...well, except one, who the fake news won't talk about, and liberals won't talk about.."

(camera centers on Hoorta)

"dammit, obaMao was always joking, but Pres Trump never is joking, because I'm a liber...I mean, "independent"

6 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

The masks don't really provide any community level protection unless everyone is doing it. Your mask doesn't protect you from the virus (unless it's an n95). It protects everyone around you from whatever is floating around in your lungs. The solution requires EVERYONE to participate. That hasn't been the case anywhere in the US.

.... again, as a dude who actually lives here, I can tell you that the only unmasked people that I have seen in public had Nikes, rocks, paint, stolen TVs and signs in their hands.

You can not go into ANY store without a mask on, and in all of the days since masks have been required, I have not seen a single person in public without one. In their cars sure, but the greater LA county area has been doing a great job in both distancing and mask wearing.

Now I'm not stupid and I know there are rogue people here and there that are not wearing a mask, but there is not a store around that will allow them through the door.

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

bullhockey, you have TDS cranksies in the worst way. What is your opinion on this:

Gotta drag Obama into the discussion- just stop with your ODS....  It's not about Obama- it's about Trump trying to play doctor- poorly. Got it? Probably not. Obama has zero, nada, jack shit to do with those 2020 pronouncements from President Hydroxy....  BTW, we're not talking opinions Cal- we're talking about what was actually said- so take your opinion of Obama and shove it....  

More deflection, and trying to change the narrative  FAILIf it walks like a quack, talks like a quack, then by golly it's Donald Quack Duck.... And this bozo is putting Americans- that means you Cal at risk of illness or even death with his thinly disguised crap to put America behind his #1  priority to get reelected. Those numbers don't lie- (though Trump would like you lemmings to believe that they do) and at the rate we're going Fauci is looking more and more like he's going to be right- 100k cases per day is well within sight. 

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Gotta drag Obama into the discussion- just stop with your ODS....  It's not about Obama- it's about Trump trying to play doctor- poorly. Got it? Probably not. Obama has zero, nada, jack shit to do with those 2020 pronouncements from President Hydroxy....  BTW, we're not talking opinions Cal- we're talking about what was actually said- so take your opinion of Obama and shove it....  

More deflection, and trying to change the narrative  FAIL. If it walks like a quack, talks like a quack, then by golly it's Donald Quack Duck.... And this bozo is putting Americans- that means you Cal at risk of illness or even death with his thinly disguised crap to put America behind his #1  priority to get reelected. Those numbers don't lie- (though Trump would like you lemmings to believe that they do) and at the rate we're going Fauci is looking more and more like he's going to be right- 100k cases per day is well within sight. 

of course obaMao commie has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT. I don't recall you criticizing your obaMao ONCE in eight years. But now? hahaha. you bash Pres Trump, while he is doing great things FOR AMERICA, because you don't like the color of his skin, his tweets etc?

He has a team of experts that he listens to.  I honestly don't know if anyone, ever bashed your obaMao commie for the HINI virus thing.

But no, you libs make political hell out of this virus, which was china's fault, Not Pres Trumps.

You keep having jaw-flapsies about florida - guess what?

https://www.theblaze.com/news/florida-department-of-health-exposed-for-massively-over-reporting-positive-covid-cases

That's what.

You keep having "bragsies" about the troubles America is having with covid and it's all Pres Trump's fault.

guess what?

COVID cases are rising. COVID deaths are declining. Why?

https://slate.com/technology/2020/06/covid-death-rate-declining-explained.html

Jun 18, 2020 · Right now, as science journalist Smriti Mallapaty outlines in Nature, estimates for the overall case fatality rate for the coronavirus are converging around 0.5 …

If COVID-19 Cases Are Going Up, Why Is the Death Rate ...

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2020/06/if...

Jun 28, 2020 · As that age profile goes down, there are fewer deaths even as cases rise, simply because younger people are much less likely to die from COVID-19 than older people. This probably explains some of ...

Author: Kevin Drum

That's what.

obaMao commie has everything to do with it - the racial hostility acting out by the left, the corruption and dishonest attacks on Pres Trump's admin, the "resistance", not replacing the masks in federal stocks, the disaster that has been obaMaocare, the bad effects of his leftism/marxism attitude about our military, the gigantic size of government, legally and employee-wise,

oh, you have denysies from swimming in Egypt, Hoorta. lol

No country on earth is handling this virus crisis perfectly. but you and yours want the earth's plight to be all Pres Trump's fault, because you didn't vote for him and the election is coming up.

You have mega-whinesies TDS, you betcha.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

obaMao commie has everything to do with it - the racial hostility acting out by the left, the corruption and dishonest attacks on Pres Trump's admin, the "resistance", not replacing the masks in federal stocks, the disaster that has been obaMaocare, the bad effects of his leftism/marxism attitude about our military, the gigantic size of government, legally and employee-wise,

oh, you have denysies from swimming in Egypt, Hoorta. lol

No country on earth is handling this virus crisis perfectly. but you and yours want the earth's plight to be all Pres Trump's fault, because you didn't vote for him and the election is coming up.

You have mega-whinesies TDS, you betcha.

ODS, DDS- you got it- bad.  

You have nothing Cal... Blaming Obama and the Democrats doesn't excuse Trump from being a jackwagon in regard to his pronouncements regarding the covid problem...  And a lot of other things besides....Those were things Trump actually said, but you'd rather blame Obama and the Democrats instead- your deflection & trying to change the conversation won't work on me anymore.....  But keep on living in your fantasy world... 

Regarding the bold- I'd suggest you get your facts straight.... 

17 hours ago, D Bone said:

.... again, as a dude who actually lives here, I can tell you that the only unmasked people that I have seen in public had Nikes, rocks, paint, stolen TVs and signs in their hands.

You can not go into ANY store without a mask on, and in all of the days since masks have been required, I have not seen a single person in public without one. In their cars sure, but the greater LA county area has been doing a great job in both distancing and mask wearing.

Now I'm not stupid and I know there are rogue people here and there that are not wearing a mask, but there is not a store around that will allow them through the door.

So long as those people are out there, the risk of spread is greatly increased. Those people won't matter once we get to the herd immunity threshold, but we are a long ways off from there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

ODS, DDS- you got it- bad.  

You have nothing Cal... Blaming Obama and the Democrats doesn't excuse Trump from being a jackwagon in regard to his pronouncements regarding the covid problem...  And a lot of other things besides....Those were things Trump actually said, but you'd rather blame Obama and the Democrats instead- your deflection & trying to change the conversation won't work on me anymore.....  But keep on living in your fantasy world... 

Regarding the bold- I'd suggest you get your facts straight.... 

TDS is a real thing, you know. But go ahead and divert attention from your cranksies and wrongsies by making up your own.

Nobody anywhere says obamao/biden is responsible nothing. The point is, eight years of your silence, then you come on here and go ragesies about Pres Trump - over covid.

Gosh, the rest of us non-Pres Trump bashers are really sorry - your TDS apparently doesn't have a vaccine. No pill for you....

Bashing Pres Trump over the commie chinese letting this virus loose and denying it...

go listen to what the Chinese scientist WHO WAS WORKING ON COVID has to say.

And then, man up and admit your bias is worse than anybody else's, who is conservative or independent.

wait, let me fix that hoorta bloata:

"And then, man up and admit your bias is worse than anybody else's, who is conservative or independent."

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

TDS is a real thing, you know. But go ahead and divert attention from your cranksies and wrongsies by making up your own.

Nobody anywhere says obamao/biden is responsible nothing. The point is, eight years of your silence, then you come on here and go ragesies about Pres Trump - over covid.

Gosh, the rest of us non-Pres Trump bashers are really sorry - your TDS apparently doesn't have a vaccine. No pill for you....

Bashing Pres Trump over the commie chinese letting this virus loose and denying it...

go listen to what the Chinese scientist WHO WAS WORKING ON COVID has to say.

And then, man up and admit your bias is worse than anybody else's, who is conservative or independent.

wait, let me fix that hoorta bloata:

"And then, man up and admit your bias is worse than anybody else's, who is conservative or independent."

This coming from the most biased person on this forum? ROTFLMAO....   Obama Derangement Syndrome- own it pal....  You may now kiss your Trump poster...  YOU had to try, and FAIL to drag Obama and the Democrats (which has nothing to do with) a discussion of Trump's documented Quack ramblings...  

I accept your surrender...  

pretend somebody else surrenders? that's stupid.

I was complaining about obamao for all their eight years. where were you?

hiding. "no mas" Hoorta - you wouldn't complain about any scandal, or any obamao race baiting, you STILL won't criticize him in any way.

obamao and biden have EVERYTHING to do with the past four years. I didn't know TDS could be so damaging - TDS is like pyschological leprosy or something.

race hatred/acting out by BLM ? obamao/biden. corruption in EPA, FBI, IRS, NSA, CIA, DOJ etc?

Obamao/Biden.

go to walmart and buy a CRITICAL THINKING hat if they have one - you TDSers NEED one.

and read:

https://www.capitalgazette.com/opinion/columns/ac-ce-column-carl-snowden-20200713-hnfhb7poejagna2upq5nnbvrua-story.html

Carl Snowden: Children of the Obama-era drive Black Lives Matter marches | COMMENTARY

so, TDS Hoorta,

read THIS:

President Obama defends Black Lives Matter movement - CBS News

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-barack...

ct 23, 2015 · WASHINGTON -- Defending the Black Lives Matter movement, President Barack Obama said Thursday the protests are giving voice to a problem happening only in African-American

image.jpeg

and READ THIS:

Obama defends Black Lives Matter movement | PBS NewsHour

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/obama...

Oct 23, 2015 · WASHINGTON — Defending the Black Lives Matter movement, President Barack Obama said Thursday the protests are giving voice to a problem happening only in African-American communities, adding, “We,...

and READ THIS (your obaMao commie has freakin EVERYTHING to do with scandals and protest violence happening now)

Obama refers to Black Lives Matter-fueled unrest as ‘great ...

https://www.worldtribune.com/obama-refers-to-black...

Jun 24, 2020 · The Black Lives Matter movement, Antifa and other assorted anarchists and leftists fueling the ongoing unrest around the country are apparently taking part in a “Great Awakening,” according to...

and READ THIS, Hoorta.

Barack Obama tells young Black Americans: ‘Your lives matter.’

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/06/04/tony-mcdade...

Jun 04, 2020 · Obama struck an optimistic tone as he discussed the ongoing Black Lives Matter protests, which he described as “unlike anything I have seen …

READ THIS TOO:

but you won't.

you have TDS. really bad case of it. TDS rage. Like TDS zombies on the warpath to defend their

biden boothole.

Obama defends Black Lives Matter protests at police ...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/...

Jul 12, 2016 · President Obama defended the Black Lives Matter movement Tuesday at a memorial service for five slain Dallas police officers, saying bigotry remains a …