THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump wears face mask in public for first time during coronavirus pandemic

Vambo

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

OR This?  ^^^  Easy choice! am good at 8ft away

They were more like 8"- 12" away from one another. That was an amazing crowd for a podunk town. One of theses days, I plan on eating there (The Little River) myself- it's a really popular spot for the motorcycle crowd, so the food has to be at least 1\2 decent.  :) I think you know my feelings- it's your life, but if you get sick- you were duly warned.  And please stay away from the old folks and at risk individuals for a couple of weeks. 

I've been out to a couple of restaurants myself in the last month. Dammit, the owner of Jay's (where we have our Friday Happy hour wine swill) shut it down again. I feel for Joe the beverage manager- who got laid off again in the process. Going to have to be rotating backyard BYOB- with social distancing now. And I have a lifetime supply of BYOB....  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Maybe you should ask Tex for a firsthand report of the real source of the covid problem in Texas....

Isn't it obvious. After a record 15,000 cases in one day today clearly Florida was the source. They do border the Gulf of MEXICO you know. Cal didn't try to explain them, Mississippi, Georgia, etc. Just did a little border search like fuzzy headed Donald the premier Geographer. I on the other hand predicted them all based on reopenings way too soon. Didn't need any Mexicans, Africans or Swedes to blame. Just the Moron in Chief who is trying it for a second time in a far more sinister way. Spread it through premature school openings while you tear down the data, the data gatherers and the data analysts. Seems like someone here predicted that was next about a month ago or so. Who could I be? Cassandra the Magnificent? Gift of prophecy wasted on the ignorant?🤣

From another friend..

"I haven’t posted anything on Covid... at all. But I am actually WEAK right now from what I just found out.

My co workers went to get tested (Alameda Location). They filled out the information for the test but the wait was 3 hours long and they decided they weren’t going to wait so left the line BEFORE they got tested.

They both got a call today that they are POSITIVE for the Corona Virus...

THEY NEVER GOT TESTED!!!"

I'm hearing things like this more and more .. I omitted the name and location for obvious reasons...

We all have the covid trackers on our phones. I feel it's just a matter of time before I'm contacted by a "tracker/tracer" and told I've been in close proximity to a Covid positive person (whether I have or haven't) and told that I am being registered as covid positive as a result.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

All you do is spout paranoia, bash Democrats, and defend President Lysol. 

And draw false conclusions. Does nothing? Because the Governor wouldn't let her (and several other Mayors), until very recently. But keep up with the bullshit.... 

Did a few covid cases leak over the border? Sure. But to say they're the primary reason there's massive outbreaks in Arizona and Texas because of illegals is a bunch of crap.  I don't need to post 10-15 stories going back to April to prove I'm right. I'm sure not going to waste my time doing so. However, you apparently want to blame it all on the Democrats. Well, guess what- the Governors of Arizona and Texas are Republicans who followed the lead of that Quack who inhabits the White House... And are now paying the price for doing so....  

Maybe you should ask Tex for a firsthand report of the real source of the covid problem in Texas.... 

blah blah. I never said "primary reason". I simply tried to explain to you, lib...I mean "independent"... that there are a lot more reasons for the spike than your simple minded TDS blaming republicans and especially Pres Trump.

Like college kids partying at the beaches. Like regular folks not listening and not wearing masks. Like protesters. This spike was predicted to happen AFTER the beaches populated and the protests happened.

Toss in regular folks refusing to wear masks...I have seen entire families, with young kids, NOT wearing masks going into grocery and hardware stores weeks and weeks ago.

But every single politician in every country on earth is terrible because "they could have stopped the virus"...

give us a break from your dumb TDS garbage'. I get firsthand reports from friends back in McKinney Texas, and FT Worth where the brother in law lives.

You don't link, your opinions stink.

Have a nice day.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Isn't it obvious. After a record 15,000 cases in one day today clearly Florida was the source. They do border the Gulf of MEXICO you know. Cal didn't try to explain them, Mississippi, Georgia, etc. Just did a little border search like fuzzy headed Donald the premier Geographer. I on the other hand predicted them all based on reopenings way too soon. Didn't need any Mexicans, Africans or Swedes to blame. Just the Moron in Chief who is trying it for a second time in a far more sinister way. Spread it through premature school openings while you tear down the data, the data gatherers and the data analysts. Seems like someone here predicted that was next about a month ago or so. Who could I be? Cassandra the Magnificent? Gift of prophecy wasted on the ignorant?🤣

Now it was way too heavy handed, but I did get amused by CNN ripping into Betty Devose trying to defend Trump's "open the schools", right after his  "open the economy" has cases going through the roof. Only reason Pelosi and the Democrats aren't going to impeach him for a truly historic second time "for high crimes and misdemeanors" causing unnecessary sickness and death among Americans is- they figure he's Dead Man Walking in November.... And his Republican lemming senators wouldn't dare kick him out of office- OTOH, if they value their own jobs- maybe they should at least think about it....  

At least here Dayton way- people have more sense than "I wanna be (re)elected President Hydroxy-Lysol.... the DDN opinion poll asked the question- Are you comfortable sending your kid back to school?  The answer? 80% nope. 

56 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

blah blah. I never said "primary reason". I simply tried to explain to you, lib...I mean "independent"... that there are a lot more reasons for the spike than your simple minded TDS blaming republicans and especially Pres Trump.

You don't link, your opinions stink.

Have a nice day.

Damn- you tried- and failed- to turn it into a border wall problem Cal- nice try at deflection....  My, my- again- there's a massive denial of reality emanating from the White House. Lysol, "game changer" hydroxy, it's going to go away without a vaccine, we need to open the schools, AMA. That stands for "Against Medical Advice". The guy is a dangerous quack, who's putting the lives of Americans needlessly at risk. Or you going to deny Trump ever spewed that crap? 

You have way too much time on your hands absorbing everything Fox, Red State, and other right  wing opinions spew.  You think you can bury opposing opinions under a mountain of right wing garbage? I won't waste my time. Said it already.  How's those Mexicans illegals upping the covid numbers in Florida doing Cal? :D 

One well placed quote is worth 10 of Cal's Deep State paranoid xenophobic BS rants.....  

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

We have a plan to quarantine him away from his family if he has to return to teach. I'm thinking our Governor was totally shocked by what happened here when he reopened

everything too early. He did a 180 and closed it back down. I think he''s done listening to the Moron in the WH demanding schools reopen. Last time he listened he got himself a 

disaster just like I predicted it would be right here on the BB. School reopenings would be far, far worse. Too many infected kids bringing it back to too many multi-generational

extended families. Tillerson was right. He's a Moron. 

Hey Tex I like you, honestly. Just as honestly I have zero respect for your politics only because your blind obsession & hatred of the president is easily equal to that found in some of the members of the board on the other side that you and others bitch about on a daily basis. And if because of that you vote in favor of the lunatics on the hard left then I would have to assume that your or anyone's claims of conservatism are bullshit.

That being said...

Once in awhile in online debates somebody will facetiously say I feel sorry for you when they really don't , they just want to be insulting. In this case I actually kind of do for you or anybody who really lives in such fear of the virus. Frankly I don't think Woody falls into that category I think he just wants to be an asshole, but you might actually be afraid and if so I'm sorry to hear it pal. Nothing I can do about it and I don't think any politician can either but it is what it is. There are hundreds of thousands of real stories of personal tragedy in the United States that we don't close down the country for but it probably doesn't make it any less real for the individual whose loved one actually dies. For whatever reason.

WSS

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Damn- you tried- and failed- to turn it into a border wall problem Cal- nice try at deflection....  My, my- again- there's a massive denial of reality emanating from the White House. Lysol, "game changer" hydroxy, it's going to go away without a vaccine, we need to open the schools, AMA. That stands for "Against Medical Advice". The guy is a dangerous quack, who's putting the lives of Americans needlessly at risk. Or you going to deny Trump ever spewed that crap? 

You have way too much time on your hands absorbing everything Fox, Red State, and other right  wing opinions spew.  You think you can bury opposing opinions under a mountain of right wing garbage? I won't waste my time. Said it already.  How's those Mexicans illegals upping the covid numbers in Florida doing Cal? :D 

One well placed quote is worth 10 of Cal's Deep State paranoid xenophobic BS rants.....  

more blah blah blah? lol Fauci is wrong about things, Pence and Trump DO LISTEN TO THE MEDICAL EXPERTS and SCIENCE, so that TDS of yours is causing you major failsies. And blaming the spike on schools reopening. LOL. THEY HAVE NOT REOPENED YET.

It's a huge problem. No country on earth has handled this virus correctly - it's a pandemic, but do go ahead and cry "xenophobic" because nasty pelosi does. You libera... I mean "independents" sure parrot pelosi's etc talking points. Every single time, it's like you and your other TDS friends are little toys that have recorders that repeat what is said (by your TDS leaders).

Starting the schools back up is important - how to do it safely? beats me, but the entire medical team argues these points out in the open. Sorry you, Tex and your little woodpecker aren't there to be a part of it so you won't bitch constantly about what isn't true.....

BTW, opening schools - our Niece wants to home school - the Mother-in-law has health problems and can't be exposed to it. Other friends of theirs want to home school for similar reasons.

The Father-in-law's beautiful assisted living - the folks there are pretty much staying in their rooms, they don't go out on trips, they don't get together in the dining room for meals... it's sad to be them. No visitation, and they stopped doing the silly "window drive by" visits - that kinda backfired = the residents weren't happy.

But, none of them got the virus and none died, they are good. It's a sad thing - all around the world, everywhere, and all you dweebs can do it use it to bitch at Pres Trump and ridicule him for no good reason.

That's sad, too.

Have readsies:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/admiral-brett-p-giroir-m-d-says-dr-anthony-fauci-is-not-100-percent-right-about-covid-19-doesnt-have-the-whole-national-interest-in-mind

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

more blah blah blah? lol Fauci is wrong about things, Pence and Trump DO LISTEN TO THE MEDICAL EXPERTS and SCIENCE, so that TDS of yours is causing you major failsies. And blaming the spike on schools reopening. LOL. THEY HAVE NOT REOPENED YET.

It's a huge problem. No country on earth has handled this virus correctly - it's a pandemic, but do go ahead and cry "xenophobic" because nasty pelosi does. You libera... I mean "independents" sure parrot pelosi's etc talking points. Every single time, it's like you and your other TDS friends are little toys that have recorders that repeat what is said (by your TDS leaders).

Starting the schools back up is important - how to do it safely? beats me, but the entire medical team argues these points out in the open. Sorry you, Tex and your little woodpecker aren't there to be a part of it so you won't bitch constantly about what isn't true.....

BTW, opening schools - our Niece wants to home school - the Mother-in-law has health problems and can't be exposed to it. Other friends of theirs want to home school for similar reasons.

The Father-in-law's beautiful assisted living - the folks there are pretty much staying in their rooms, they don't go out on trips, they don't get together in the dining room for meals... it's sad to be them. No visitation, and they stopped doing the silly "window drive by" visits - that kinda backfired = the residents weren't happy.

But, none of them got the virus and none died, they are good. It's a sad thing - all around the world, everywhere, and all you dweebs can do it use it to bitch at Pres Trump and ridicule him for no good reason.

That's sad, too.

Have readsies:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/admiral-brett-p-giroir-m-d-says-dr-anthony-fauci-is-not-100-percent-right-about-covid-19-doesnt-have-the-whole-national-interest-in-mind

Trump listens hardy- ho- ho...  More like he "hardly listens....

President Donald Trump retweeted a post claiming the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and others are telling "outrageous lies" about the pandemic. The original tweet, from conservative podcast host Chuck Woolery, claims the lies are politically motivated and designed to keep the economy from reviving.

"The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid 19. Everyone is lying," Woolery, a former game show host, wrote. "The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it's all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I'm sick of it."

23 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

990B9790-B18F-4AAD-8F5A-A1F3558946A2.jpeg

Old data, and cherry picking your numbers too.... July 12th, 65k cases, and 3,000 deaths. So you die in a nursing home from covid? You're just as dead. And the increase is largely due to younger folks getting the disease, exactly because they're thinking- "I'm not going to get it". Until they do, like that 30 year old guy in Texas who thought it was a hoax. I nominate him for a Darwin Award...  Ohio, thanks to proactive measures by DeWine has kept the numbers down relative to several other states... If you don't drive, never go out of the house, your odds of getting killed in a car wreck are- wait for it....  0.0000% How's that for cherry picking some numbers? BTW, with Nursing Homes being on lock down- not many frail oldsters dying anymore... IIRC the average age of death has gone down around 15 years, so by all means spin away that it's old folks who are currently croaking.  

I'd suggest you take a look at the John Hopkins data of cases in Florida, sort of like a log growth curve.

• Upvote 1

Great. 49 states have to go by Florida stats. Mega-cherry picksies.

Hey Hoorta - how about nasty pelosi downplaying the virus crisis?

any complaints about her???

https://www.redstate.com/mike_miller/2020/07/13/pelosi-has-no-regrets-about-downplaying-virus-forgets-other-side-of-face-trashed-trump-for-exact-same-thing/

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Old data, and cherry picking your numbers too.... July 12th, 65k cases, and 3,000 deaths. So you die in a nursing home from covid? You're just as dead. And the increase is largely due to younger folks getting the disease, exactly because they're thinking- "I'm not going to get it". Until they do, like that 30 year old guy in Texas who thought it was a hoax. I nominate him for a Darwin Award...  Ohio, thanks to proactive measures by DeWine has kept the numbers down relative to several other states... If you don't drive, never go out of the house, your odds of getting killed in a car wreck are- wait for it....  0.0000% How's that for cherry picking some numbers? BTW, with Nursing Homes being on lock down- not many frail oldsters dying anymore... IIRC the average age of death has gone down around 15 years, so by all means spin away that it's old folks who are currently croaking.  

I'd suggest you take a look at the John Hopkins data of cases in Florida, sort of like a log growth curve.

and now, for the REST OF THE STORY that libe..I mean, "Independents" won't tell you:

https://www.redstate.com/bradslager/2020/07/13/873150/

”Alarming’’, ”shattering’’, ”staggering”, and other brash words are going to be used throughout the day, but the details are what matters. While that number does make the eyes pop open there is some sound reasoning behind it. Florida has this spike in caseloads as a result of a massive explosion of tests being conducted. The sharp increase arrived as over 135,000 tests were conducted on Saturday, so yes, while more cases are recorded it is a result of widespread testing.

25 minutes ago, hoorta said:

There were ZERO deaths attributed to COVID-19 in New York City yesterday.

How’s that for new data?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

There were ZERO deaths attributed to COVID-19 in New York City yesterday.

How’s that for new data?

Great.. How about this?  

"Unfortunately, the virus is spreading more quickly than it ever has, cleveland.com editor Chris Quinn says. On Friday, there were 1,525 new cases, (in Ohio) which easily tops the previous one-day record of 1,380 ... set in April. The rate of positive tests is up, too. The surge has resulted in masks being mandatory in Cuyahoga County".  

So much for Cal deflecting aw gee, more testing in Florida = more cases.  Remains to be seen if improved treatment protocols will keep the number of deaths relatively flat when the explosion of new cases start croaking from complications... 

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Great. 49 states have to go by Florida stats. Mega-cherry picksies.

Hey Hoorta - how about nasty pelosi downplaying the virus crisis?

any complaints about her???

https://www.redstate.com/mike_miller/2020/07/13/pelosi-has-no-regrets-about-downplaying-virus-forgets-other-side-of-face-trashed-trump-for-exact-same-thing/

You can start with California, Arizona, and Texas. Just keep on denying.... 

But don't worry- it's all a hoax, and the CDC is a bunch of liars too- coming from the #1 liar....  

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Great.. How about this?  

"Unfortunately, the virus is spreading more quickly than it ever has, cleveland.com editor Chris Quinn says. On Friday, there were 1,525 new cases, (in Ohio) which easily tops the previous one-day record of 1,380 ... set in April. The rate of positive tests is up, too. The surge has resulted in masks being mandatory in Cuyahoga County".  

So much for Cal deflecting aw gee, more testing in Florida = more cases.  Remains to be seen if improved treatment protocols will keep the number of deaths relatively flat when the explosion of new cases start croaking from complications... 

Our county had a total of just over 300 cases from the time this all started until 3 weeks ago. We have now gone up tenfold plus in the 3 weeks since then to just over 3800. And you don't just get to go get tested because you want to. An MD has to certify that you have symptoms of COVID-19 and order testing.  No free drive-by clinic just to see if your ok or not. Pretty much works that way in most of Texas as far as I am aware.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Our county had a total of just over 300 cases from the time this all started until 3 weeks ago. We have now gone up tenfold plus in the 3 weeks since then to just over 3800. And you don't just get to go get tested because you want to. An MD has to certify that you have symptoms of COVID-19 and order testing.  No free drive-by clinic just to see if your ok or not. Pretty much works that way in most of Texas as far as I am aware.

image.png.a3fe842f1737a62c6a1738e76abbead9.pngimage.png.9ac0390b0d69a2eb9d575374ad373486.pngimage.png.f41e83253ee4b4769a92bc2483c16810.pngimage.png.878527e4e06b4c418f5694564fff70f8.png

Can't imagine why? 😟

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Sure the MAGAs want to bring up the BLM protests. Didn't see any down South Texas way Ag....  Cal wants to blame it on the illegals. 

I'll blame it on Republican governors who were following President Hydroxy's lead.... To get that economy rolling again ASAP...   https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/17/arizona-coronavirus-covid-19-governor-mayors

From the article...   "For days, as coronavirus cases climbed across the state, Arizona’s Republican governor blocked local lawmakers from being able to mandate that residents wear masks." 

Now let's kill off some kids and teachers while were at it- send 'em all back to school....

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Sure the MAGAs want to bring up the BLM protests. Didn't see any down South Texas way Ag....  Cal wants to blame it on the illegals. 

I'll blame it on Republican governors who were following President Hydroxy's lead.... To get that economy rolling again ASAP...   https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/17/arizona-coronavirus-covid-19-governor-mayors

From the article...   "For days, as coronavirus cases climbed across the state, Arizona’s Republican governor blocked local lawmakers from being able to mandate that residents wear masks." 

Now let's kill off some kids and teachers while were at it- send 'em all back to school....

TDS ALERT

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vambo said:

TDS ALERT

Aw, you hurt my feelings so bad, Trumptard. Have you hugged your Donnie poster today?   Gee, can't seem to handle the truth....  Poor widdle Trumpie can't stand any criticism, and neither can his MAGA lemmings....  

On 7/12/2020 at 12:12 AM, Westside Steve said:

He has said before that he wears them and plays his for he deems it necessary.

They aren't necessary most places he goes.

Of course they're not really necessary anywhere for anybody but still...

WSS

Please wear a mask. If you look at spread of cases in countries where they wear masks when they're sick as part of the culture (Japan, Taiwan, Korea) versus places they don't, the value of the mask speaks for itself. Cases are spiking pretty much everywhere, and everywhere I go, I see people who aren't wearing their masks properly (it does nothing if you don't cover your nose). 

If everybody wore them properly for 6 weeks, this thing would be under control. Countries that got it under control early are basically back to normal. Yes, you're only likely to die from the virus if you are over 60 or obese. However, the primary goal of all of this is to keep hospitals from being overrun. Once ICUs reach capacity, people with all sorts of diseases will be dying due to a lack of access to care. That is when shit hits the fan. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

Please wear a mask. If you look at spread of cases in countries where they wear masks when they're sick as part of the culture (Japan, Taiwan, Korea) versus places they don't, the value of the mask speaks for itself. Cases are spiking pretty much everywhere, and everywhere I go, I see people who aren't wearing their masks properly (it does nothing if you don't cover your nose). 

If everybody wore them properly for 6 weeks, this thing would be under control. Countries that got it under control early are basically back to normal. Yes, you're only likely to die from the virus if you are over 60 or obese. However, the primary goal of all of this is to keep hospitals from being overrun. Once ICUs reach capacity, people with all sorts of diseases will be dying due to a lack of access to care. That is when shit hits the fan. 

I said this back at the beginning.  In Japan they wear masks regularly for just colds or hay fever.  I don't know what the big fucking deal is over wearing a mask.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Aw, you hurt my feelings so bad, Trumptard. Have you hugged your Donnie poster today?   Gee, can't seem to handle the truth....  Poor widdle Trumpie can't stand any criticism, and neither can his MAGA lemmings....  

image.png.2cd0bd6c2a346c7179e8535d6d2fa6c7.png

40 minutes ago, hoorta said:

you feelings are hurt because you are a TDS liberal. Does Hoorta have cranksies? wanna have binksies?