THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump wears face mask in public for first time during coronavirus pandemic

Vambo

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Sums it up nicely why cases are spiking. Just call those numbers phony like your hero does. OTOH, should those who do care about "the other guy" have to stay home so you and your pals can run around expressing your rights to not wear masks?

My hero? I present a differing pov and that makes him my hero?  😄

Who said a I didn't ever wear a mask?

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The administration has since doubled down, filing a brief late last month in support of an effort before the U.S. Supreme Court that would abolish the law completely, arguing that the "entire ACA" "must fall."

here we go, Hoorta defends his hero ObaMao commie's "Affordable Care Act". Which, was a political piece of gigantic crap in the beginning, was overruled on the mandate or get fined garbage overreach, was absolutely not affordable, was crudely created, had ZERO bipartisan assistance to help develop the bill - Hoorta's dems wanted all the credit for votes. Except, it was, as always, a failure. Trying to salvage the garbage ACA is just wanting to sniff the farts from ObaMao and Biden.

And Axe most certainly explained he DID wear masks, so Hoorta can shove a cork in that.

Why is the ACA failing?

The fundamental reason the ACA will fail is because it mandates a minimum Medical Loss Ratio (MLR). MLR is the percentage of premiums paid out to cover health care expenses.

all the dems do is for votes, partisan backstabbing, and....most importantly,

empty suit grandstanding symbolism of their desire to get more power by any fraud necessary.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020/06/30/House-passes-ACA-expansion-bill-largely-as-symbolic-gesture/2141593507128/

House passes ACA expansion bill largely as symbolic gesture

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/anthony-fauci-has-been-wrong-about-everything-i-have-interacted-with-him-on-peter-navarro/ar-BB16JZ8y

Anthony Fauci has been wrong about everything I have interacted with him on: Peter Navarro

Peter Navarro, Opinion contributor 3 days ago

Except Fauci is right that we're on track for 100K cases a day... Navarro is a Trump hack....  As such, Navarro’s op-ed did not meet USA TODAY’s fact-checking standards.

Um, medical science has vastly evolved since 4-5 months ago regarding covid, and those who do look at data (objectively) are totally justified in saying, "hey- we got that wrong, we just didn't know AT THE TIME."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Axe said:

My hero? I present a differing pov and that makes him my hero?  😄

Who said a I didn't ever wear a mask?

Then sorry... Too bad Cal has to go hysterical on how bad the ACA is... (it's better than nothing, which is Trump's alternate to date)... Donald Duck is on a Mission from God to undo everything Obama ever set in motion...Maybe he can give me at least 5 links to the Republican  plan to replace it. BTW, one thing I did say when the Democrats back doored the ACA into law- "When you create a new government entitlement program, it's impossible to get rid of it. " Hoorta back then- so pound salt Cal...  

Regarding Tucker's comments? I'll distill it as paranoia, and fuck you if you don't like my POV.... DT's main strategy in the upcoming election is indeed to sow all the paranoia he can- witness "the vote for Joe the & suburbs will be destroyed, the police will be defunded, and riots will break out everywhere"...  He can't use his "Lock Her Up!!" spiel against Biden because it will fly like a lead balloon.  

OTOH, He's 180 on ignoring the problems with covid being on an exponential growth curve, and actively harassing those who do want to do something to slow down it's proliferation..... That alone is enough to "Dump Trump".  but there's plenty of other reasons. 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Then sorry... Too bad Cal has to go hysterical on how bad the ACA is... (it's better than nothing, which is Trump's alternate to date)... Donald Duck is on a Mission from God to undo everything Obama ever set in motion...Maybe he can give me at least 5 links to the Republican  plan to replace it. BTW, one thing I did say when the Democrats back doored the ACA into law- "When you create a new government entitlement program, it's impossible to get rid of it. " Hoorta back then- so pound salt Cal...  

Regarding Tucker's comments? I'll distill it as paranoia, and fuck you if you don't like my POV.... DT's main strategy in the upcoming election is indeed to sow all the paranoia he can- witness "the vote for Joe the & suburbs will be destroyed, the police will be defunded, and riots will break out everywhere"...  He can't use his "Lock Her Up!!" spiel against Biden because it will fly like a lead balloon.  

OTOH, He's 180 on ignoring the problems with covid being on an exponential growth curve, and actively harassing those who do want to do something to slow down it's proliferation..... That alone is enough to "Dump Trump".  but there's plenty of other reasons. 

idont-always-deny-having-tds-trump-deran

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Except Fauci is right that we're on track for 100K cases a day... Navarro is a Trump hack....  As such, Navarro’s op-ed did not meet USA TODAY’s fact-checking standards.

Um, medical science has vastly evolved since 4-5 months ago regarding covid, and those who do look at data (objectively) are totally justified in saying, "hey- we got that wrong, we just didn't know AT THE TIME."

No no no hoorta. Anyone that updates their opinion when presented with new information is a hack! A real medical and scientific expert would have been correct about everything originally and would dig his heels in, never changing his mind. 

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

No no no hoorta. Anyone that updates their opinion when presented with new information is a hack! A real medical and scientific expert would have been correct about everything originally and would dig his heels in, never changing his mind. 

People of color are exempt from Oregon county's mandatory mask order

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lincoln-county-oregon-exempts-people-of-color-from-mandatory-coronavirus-mask-policy/?fbclid=IwAR2VEEQ5s95YA3NINSjXtOmAwiVVjote11TE03LBjmwbYGofPPthIqVBR4o

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

What's really a hoot Woody is Cal posts that USA Today article without even fact checking it. Seems Navarro didn't pass fact check muster. :D 

He's a master at using Google search to spew right wing crap, that I'm sure as hell not going to bother seeing if there's a shred of truth to it.  

I could Google (and I actually did) "Donald Trump is an asshole", and come up with dozens of article to "prove" my point.  :D :D :D 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

What's really a hoot Woody is Cal posts that USA Today article without even fact checking it. Seems Navarro didn't pass fact check muster. :D 

He's a master at using Google search to spew right wing crap, that I'm sure as hell not going to bother seeing if there's a shred of truth to it.  

I could Google (and I actually did) "Donald Trump is an asshole", and come up with dozens of article to "prove" my point.  :D :D :D 

But isn't that the entire point of this board? Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anybody to fact check the fact checkers. You especially should be aware of that shit Larry since you're an AOL guy like me. Frankly I think the fact checking organizations that lean left will tap tap-dance around an issue rather than to just say bullshit.

WSS

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah he's done that in the past. Google search something like "mmgw fake" and then copy and paste the Google results and go "see! Look I'm right!"

No offense to you but I have a pretty strong belief that the older generation doesn't quite get how the internet works having not grown up with it. 

yeah, the internet only "works" when they say stupid ass TSD liberal weinie crap, and then

no link - then we ask for a link, they post a link of another TDS liberal weinie that is saying the same

parrot swawks.

Hoorta and woodpecker are like nasty pelosi little finger puppets.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

yeah, the internet only "works" when they say stupid ass TSD liberal weinie crap, and then

no link - then we ask for a link, they post a link of another TDS liberal weinie that is saying the same

parrot swawks.

Hoorta and woodpecker are like nasty pelosi little finger puppets.

You mean the Pelosi  who essentially called  Trump a  dumb ass for wanting to  cut out billions in covid testing  funds? He doesn't  like those increased numbers,  bad for reelection prospects. Yup, no testing and it will "go away" just like Spanish flu eventually did. Care to pick a year Donnie? The guy is a danger to the health of  Americans. 

Says the master of right wing  propaganda,  disparages anything from the other side. True or not. 

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You mean the Pelosi  who essentially called  Trump a  dumb ass for wanting to  cut out billions in covid testing  funds? He doesn't  like those increased numbers,  bad for reelection prospects. Yup, no testing and it will "go away" just like Spanish flu eventually did. Care to pick a year Donnie? The guy is a danger to the health of  Americans. 

Says the master of right wing  propaganda,  disparages anything from the other side. True or not. 

Actually testing is an integral part of keeping the Panic alive and inflating numbers of cases rather than actual illness. Because 80% of people are asymptomatic and most of the rest won't even be seriously sick if we can just count everybody with a virus present as a case that it looks a lot worse.

Whether it's 80% or somewhat less influenza is usually asymptomatic. So if everyone every year gets tested for the presence of influenza virus we will have hundreds of percent more cases liberals to freak out over.  But let's not be coy, freaking out is the end unto itself.

WSS

50 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Let’s see...1.5 million people died from TB last year, but the MSM hasn’t screamed from high about wearing a mask to prevent the spread of TB.

You would make a great Communist.

56 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Let’s see...1.5 million people died from TB last year, but the MSM hasn’t screamed from high about wearing a mask to prevent the spread of TB.

You would make a great Communist.

Yup, in the USA latest yearly data, there were 9,000 cases and 500 deaths from TB in the United States- not even the daily body count from covid. You make a great denier there's a problem...  

Ooohhhh, let's do world wide deaths. Media bias only favors DEVELOPED countries... I'll let you look up the number of world wide deaths from malaria, typhoid, dengue and a few others. Shitty comparison. Probably the number of malaria deaths in the USA can be counted on your fingers...

Ebola wasn't a problem here because hey, only happening in the jungles of Africa.... 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually testing is an integral part of keeping the Panic alive and inflating numbers of cases rather than actual illness. Because 80% of people are asymptomatic and most of the rest won't even be seriously sick if we can just count everybody with a virus present as a case that it looks a lot worse.

Whether it's 80% or somewhat less influenza is usually asymptomatic. So if everyone every year gets tested for the presence of influenza virus we will have hundreds of percent more cases liberals to freak out over.  But let's not be coy, freaking out is the end unto itself.

WSS

Um, I don't freak out easily. working 25 years in an inner city hospital has let me see pretty much everything there is to see regarding sickness and injury. Just a very cold blooded look at the numbers... 

Sorry Steve- part of the problem is the denial that those who DO get symptomatic are WAY more likely to die. There were 34k flu deaths USA latest data. 140k covid deaths. I'm not buying the Trump bullshit those numbers are inflated. I'll even give you 50% inflation, and that's still 2X the number of flu deaths in a year, and we still have near six months to go to for covid. 200k dead at least, I'll bet you a beer. More than the population of Dayton... 

PS on a relative level- they got 100 cases of covid in Hong Kong- and that's a crisis. We have a population of ostriches here in America...  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

money would have been spent to enrich china. those tests, so many of them, DID NOT WORK.

you just have to be educated on the issues, and READ and COMPREHEND.

Millions of Chinese-Made Coronavirus Tests Bought by UK ...

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/04/06/...

Apr 06, 2020 · 3:26. The British government has ordered millions of coronavirus tests made in China that do not work, Public Health England’s Professor John Newton has admitted. Professor Newton, the government’s new testing chief, said that while some of the Chinese tests could identify immunity in those who had been very sick, all of the tests had failed the minimum thresholds set for the trials.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Yup, in the USA latest yearly data, there were 9,000 cases and 500 deaths from TB in the United States- not even the daily body count from covid. You make a great denier there's a problem...  

Ooohhhh, let's do world wide deaths. Media bias only favors DEVELOPED countries... I'll let you look up the number of world wide deaths from malaria, typhoid, dengue and a few others. Shitty comparison. Probably the number of malaria deaths in the USA can be counted on your fingers...

Ebola wasn't a problem here because hey, only happening in the jungles of Africa.... 

A death from a communicable disease is a death REGARDLESS of where it happens.

How many of those deaths could be prevented if everyone on the planet wears a mask?

56 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Other countries that have this under control realized testing and contact tracing is key.

But in the good ole USA it's "testing is just done to stoke fear maaaaan.

Smh

What other countries name them all please.

Would like to compare the number of test they do compared to how many are done in the USA.