THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Gameday Thread Browns at Ravens

tinythinker

Did you guys see Tony Dungy crush Baker on FNIA for the interception when Calais Campbell dropped back and tipped the ball: "Classic rookie mistake, but you're not a rookie Baker!". Our 3rd year QB is compared to a rookie and Lamar improving from his weaknesses last season makes me even more depressed about the loss.

Baker and that bum Beckham Jr need to GO.

baker: I give up on this bum. I gave him 2-3 years but he just can't read zone. At all. He came into the league as the most accurate QB of the draft but can't throw with accuracy anything over 10 yards. He's hesitant int he pocket and throws WAY too many INTs. He's just a wreck and his confidence is shot.

Odell is a loser through and through.  He's no better than Braylon edwards.

Havent won an opener in 16 years.  WTF is wrong with this franchise?  Pathetic SHI# stain LOSERS!

What can I say anymore. It's actually harder to suck this long than to occasionally be good and have a great season. This team is f'ing cursed.

Hey at least we can will have Fields or Trevor as a consolation prize--which I'm fully expecting them to turn into a pumpkin once they put on the Sh#% stain uniforms.

10 minutes ago, Soju said:

Baker and that bum Beckham Jr need to GO.

baker: I give up on this bum. I gave him 2-3 years but he just can't read zone. At all. He came into the league as the most accurate QB of the draft but can't throw with accuracy anything over 10 yards. He's hesitant int he pocket and throws WAY too many INTs. He's just a wreck and his confidence is shot.

Odell is a loser through and through.  He's no better than Braylon edwards.

Havent won an opener in 16 years.  WTF is wrong with this franchise?  Pathetic SHI# stain LOSERS!

What can I say anymore. It's actually harder to suck this long than to occasionally be good and have a great season. This team is f'ing cursed.

Hey at least we can will have Fields or Trevor as a consolation prize--which I'm fully expecting them to turn into a pumpkin once they put on the Sh#% stain uniforms.

They were going backwards today. I even seen some false starts, how can you have false starts when there is zero crowd? And I seen at one point there was 4th and 41😮 

Baker said that "Sometimes a punch in the mouth is a good thing, a good wake-up call..."

What was the 2019 season, Baker? 

And OBJ can't be traded or released fast enough. I was very skeptical when they traded for him, and nothing I've seen from him has changed my mind. It just isn't a good fit, at all. He's someone perhaps a good, established organization can bring in, but a team struggling to become a winner? Absolutely not. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Baker said that "Sometimes a punch in the mouth is a good thing, a good wake-up call..."

And OBJ can't be traded or released fast enough. I was very skeptical when they traded for him, and nothing I've seen from him has changed my mind. It just isn't a good fit, at all. He's someone perhaps a good, established organization can bring in, but a team struggling to become a winner? Absolutely not. 

Addition by subtraction all day long. 

All you people that are seen and blaming OBJ for this need to look in the mirror and save yourselves I see a fucktard. The score was 38 to 6. When did OBJ play defense? Don’t care that he made a mistake or two he was not responsible for giving up 38 points. And is this offense so inept that it can’t make up for a dropped pass or two? Where were all the other weapons? Chub hunt Hooper Landry?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

All you people that are seen and blaming OBJ for this need to look in the mirror and save yourselves I see a fucktard. The score was 38 to 6. When did OBJ play defense? Don’t care that he made a mistake or two he was not responsible for giving up 38 points. And is this offense so inept that it can’t make up for a dropped pass or two? Where were all the other weapons? Chub hunt Hooper Landry?

Chubb and Hunt were effective in the run game until we started panicking.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Baker was not is not and will never be worthy of a top overall pick. Apparently he didn’t learn from last year. Dirty Sanchez has got to go , he is a ME player and not a TEAM player. It was the same as last year, he pouts when he’s not getting the ball , then Cheese Cake factory tries to force it to him

Honestly, even if we lost 38 to 24 I'd feel ok. Just put together a few garbage time drives, ya know? 

We couldn't even do that and I'm officially worried. The Bengals didn't look great either, so that's something. Burrows never had time to pass and it really messed him up. Thankfully we've got a stout defensive line... 

Wait. 😂

Sure we all wanted them to win, but seriously - new coaching staff, new offense, new defense...a few key injuries...

the first game was the worst matchup all season...

I predict the Bengals won't be happy facing the Browns Thurs.

Might take a few games to get the kinks worked out.

We'll see. We KNOW we can run the ball, not sure about pass defense.

We'll see.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

It’s all coaching and ownership. We had a coach that knew how to win but couldn’t wait to fire him and get back to our losing ways. 
The 21st century definition of suckage?  The Cleveland Browns

The 21st century definition of sausage ?  The Cleveland BROWNS.

Hey Doug so what did you have for your 2020 game 1 GAMEDAY meal, believe it or not we had a pretty good smoked sausage on the grill from Giant Eagle......it was way better than the game !

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Sure we all wanted them to win, but seriously - new coaching staff, new offense, new defense...a few key injuries...

the first game was the worst matchup all season...

I predict the Bengals won't be happy facing the Browns Thurs.

Might take a few games to get the kinks worked out.

We'll see. We KNOW we can run the ball, not sure about pass defense.

We'll see.

The main reason I said 6-16 for the season was the expectation that with all of the above we would look like a pre-season team trying to sort out players, offenses and defenses for at least the first 8 games. I have a bad felling I will be doing a lot of second half yard mowing until that part is done. At least Thurs. it will be too dark to do that and I don't have a night light on my bicycle. I think that may signal a win.😂

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

How many catches did OBJ make?...... 6 points is nothing for a defense to get excited about.. It was a team loss... But OBJ has failed dramatically here... I would take a 3rd round pick for him... And I would tank for Trevor... Because Mayfield just looks lost... Our coach.. the one Moneytard wanted so bad last year looks like a real flop... He looked clueless yesterday... This guy blows...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nickers said:

How many catches did OBJ make?...... 6 points is nothing for a defense to get excited about.. It was a team loss... But OBJ has failed dramatically here... I would take a 3rd round pick for him... And I would tank for Trevor... Because Mayfield just looks lost... Our coach.. the one Moneytard wanted so bad last year looks like a real flop... He looked clueless yesterday... This guy blows...

I didn't watch the whole game but Mayfield was horrendous from an accuracy stand point the entire time I watched. Obj should have gone over 100 yards receiving easy but Mayfield was just missing throws and you could see Obj getting frustrated. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

I didn't watch the whole game but Mayfield was horrendous from an accuracy stand point the entire time I watched. Obj should have gone over 100 yards receiving easy but Mayfield was just missing throws and you could see Obj getting frustrated. 🤷‍♂️

And we should stop trying to force feed the ball to OBJ.  It was so very obvious that Baker was trying to stroke OBJ's ego at times.  But, if you're going to force feed passes, you go to make the throws too, which, Baker didn't do a very good job of yesterday.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nickers said:

When you break it down, it was about as awful of a game as a WR can have. The careless step out of bounds negating an 8 yard catch? Drive killer. The 15 yard penalty for grabbing a face mask? Drive killer. The dropped 3rd and 2? Drive killer, we missed FG, then left enough time for them to score a TD. Should our defense be able to stop someone with under a minute? Yeah, they should, but I've never been more embarrassed then giving up that drive and then giving up the 99 yard drive. 

In the NFL, stars make plays. Can someone tell me where OUR stars were? Why couldn't we score in garbage time? Baltimore was subbing players in that were never supposed to play, and we STILL couldn't generate points. I want to know how that's possible. 

I totally get that Baltimore is nasty and this was probably the worst case scenario for week 1, I GET that. But I can't take scoring 6 points and looking like we did. We didn't look like we belonged and I truly thought we were past that. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

When you break it down, it was about as awful of a game as a WR can have. The careless step out of bounds negating an 8 yard catch? Drive killer. The 15 yard penalty for grabbing a face mask? Drive killer. The dropped 3rd and 2? Drive killer, we missed FG, then left enough time for them to score a TD. Should our defense be able to stop someone with under a minute? Yeah, they should, but I've never been more embarrassed then giving up that drive and then giving up the 99 yard drive. 

In the NFL, stars make plays. Can someone tell me where OUR stars were? Why couldn't we score in garbage time? Baltimore was subbing players in that were never supposed to play, and we STILL couldn't generate points. I want to know how that's possible. 

I totally get that Baltimore is nasty and this was probably the worst case scenario for week 1, I GET that. But I can't take scoring 6 points and looking like we did. We didn't look like we belonged and I truly thought we were past that. 

Agreed... The bottom line is the excuses for this team are running on vapor.. I noticed OBJ went back to his gay yellow hair.. So much for being "Time to grow up".. And he was back to his old immature self yesterday.. I hate to say it but , I see another reset coming...  Jarvis Landry and the TE's was about the only positive I took from yesterday..... Landry continues to earn his money.. I wish he had 10 Landry's on this team...

• Like 1

Lamar in his 3rd year of regular season dominations with a stacked defense vs the new coach/new O-Line Browns with a depleted secondary. 
Baker also lead the league in “air yard” percentage at 85.7% which could predict success in the future games.

Even Chad Ochocinco had some logic  for some of you:

“As a former player i needed the preseason badly, you can’t replicate or emulate the speed & timing of game speed no matter how much you practice so some offenses will struggle out the gate”

Like I said before, I won’t overreact.